Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10389 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Mafia III in October
27. Re: Mafia III in October Apr 20, 2016, 01:03 The Half Elf

Well from what is shown you're really not in a mob, just getting revenge on a mob family, and you get some people to help you.

Rather have more Mafia 2 story.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Street Fighter V Guile Announced
6. Re: Street Fighter V Guile Announced Apr 20, 2016, 01:02 The Half Elf

what's with the sharpie muscle outlines?  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Speedrunners
2. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Speedrunners Apr 19, 2016, 21:43 The Half Elf

Looks interesting but not 15 bucks interesting.  

News Comments > Street Fighter V Guile Announced
1. Re: Street Fighter V Guile Announced Apr 19, 2016, 21:41 The Half Elf

How the hell do you not include Guile in the regular game?!?  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Apr 19, 2016, 21:41 The Half Elf

Blue that was a sad link. Not to mention the idiots at the end trying to prove how manly they are by their taco eating skills, having to travel around with a firearm at a hotel and drinking skills.

It's like a new generation of Kentucky hillbillys with a bit better bathing skills.

News Comments > BlizzCon Ticket Sales Tomorrow
9. Re: BlizzCon Ticket Sales Tomorrow Apr 19, 2016, 19:36 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 11:05:
nin wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 11:00:
Your crusades getting old...

That's what it feels like at times. Thankfully I'm not alone. We have large numbers for this movement.

Kxmode I understand your point. But raging against Blizzard here has as much effect as me complaining about JJ Abhram's lack of creativity with existing licences at the gas station.

22. Re: Mafia III in October Apr 19, 2016, 15:06 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 13:27:
nin wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 10:47:
SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 10:23:
Can't wait for this one.

I'm torn. I loved M2, but the first gameplay video for this one didn't instill a lot of confidence.

Yeah it looked like incredible mediocre console shooter fare, with ridiculously over the top "gritty violence" tacked on to make it seem exciting.

It's Rambo First Blood, except Rambo has a darker tan, set in New Orleans, and the PTSD starts right at the beginning of the movie.

15. Re: Mafia III in October Apr 19, 2016, 12:27 The Half Elf

I like the game, just don't think it should be called Mafia 3.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2016, 11:43 The Half Elf

Can we watch 'Where's my pants?'  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 19, 2016, 04:27 The Half Elf

More shit that shouldn't be on Steam.  

News Comments > Battlezone 98 Redux Released
7. Re: Battlezone 98 Redux Released Apr 19, 2016, 04:26 The Half Elf

Steazy wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 01:44:
I thought the same thing but then I dug up some actual screen shots...

Original

and the new one -> http://store.steampowered.com/app/301650/

Also remembering now... this game didn't support 3D acceleration when it launched, was added in a patch well after the fact.

So... it does look a lot better! But yeah, not quite modern. Honestly, I'm still tempted to pick this up. With they'd added VR support (I know that's a different project...) but maybe that'll come in a patch

Edit: Hyperlinks are the hottest trend of '98!

Actually got a copy with a 3dfx card at the time (maybe voodoo?).

News Comments > GameStop's Publishing Division
10. Re: GameStop's Publishing Division Apr 19, 2016, 02:53 The Half Elf

Gamestop has ALWAYS been about how much money they can make. I've personally seen them screw over employee's left right and center (my manager when I worked for them during a holiday season had a back injury from a faulty ladder that was purchased by a higher-up that was NOT designed for the job that was required and collapsed on him and he suffered severe back injuries that Gamestop fought tooth and nail not to deal with and ultimately fired him for those injuries).

And they called it GameTrust... HAH.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Apr 18, 2016, 22:25 The Half Elf

"Now Ray-mond......"

Damn

News Comments > Overwatch Closed Beta Ends Next Week; Open Beta Details
1. Re: Overwatch Closed Beta Ends Next Week; Open Beta Details Apr 18, 2016, 22:23 The Half Elf

Probably the most fun I've had in a team shooter since TF2 was first released.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 18, 2016, 20:29 The Half Elf

You just have to know how to engage Cutter

*goes and get's 10 foot cattle prod and riot shield*

See! It's Easy!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Battlezone 98 Apr 18, 2016, 19:49 The Half Elf

sauron wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 13:20:
I'm loving the weather, but hating the pollen levels, even through the pollen filters on my spiky Sauron(TM) armor.

Not sure whether to take more allegra, or just dull the discomfort after work with a gin and tonic.

Some reason I keep picturing Ben Stein with a giant bottle of Visine trying to put drops in your eye

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Week
47. Re: Star Citizen Free Week Apr 18, 2016, 19:47 The Half Elf

Where exactly did you find the budget/cost of all the Mass Effect games?

At least deal with facts, not something you THINK might be accurate, lets go for 100% accurate.

News Comments > Ubisoft to Punish The Division Exploiters
9. Re: Ubisoft to Punish The Division Exploiters Apr 18, 2016, 18:50 The Half Elf

rudra wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 16:31:
KS wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 14:38:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 11:36:
The game came out over a month ago. Why are they just now getting around to doing this?

And was it obviously an exploit?

I remember EverQuest having a dungeon with a bridge in it, and running over the bridge then jumping down (and the monster wpuld run back off the bridge and around and down rather than jumping) was an "exploit."

Meanwhile in most games, that is strategy. Of course, "zoning" to flee a fight you were losing was considered an exploit at first, too.

i remember when kiting was considered an exploit

Kiting, or playing a bard and having multiple songs running. Damn I feel old

News Comments > Clinically Dead Announced
4. Re: Clinically Dead Announced Apr 18, 2016, 18:49 The Half Elf

Funny with the conversation's that have been on this website the last few days that I was watch XMen Days of Future Past last night.
"You're on acid... somebody gave you really bad acid"

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: Petition for Legacy World of Warcraft Servers Passes 150k Apr 18, 2016, 18:37 The Half Elf

But there is ONE MAJOR FUNDAMENTAL DIFFERENCE between the server that was shut down and WoW.

Monthly subscription.
Yeah it might sound trivial, but it is a major point that has NOT been addressed.
Would those from the legacy server pay monthly for Blizzard to do it.
Yes there were donations for server fee's and I believe development costs.

While I hope something comes out of this for them, the next time you write a petition for something don't make it personal with your gaming history. Just the 5 W's.

10389 Comments. 520 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo