Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10712 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard on Overwatch Matchmaking
4. Re: Blizzard on Overwatch Matchmaking Jun 22, 2016, 00:05 The Half Elf

The KEY to Overwatch is taking a character that supplements the ENTIRE team. And the best way to do that is to learn several characters and their skills and how best to use them with other characters on the team. Like Rein or Russian chick with Faith or Lucio  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 21, 2016, 23:49 The Half Elf

Milo? Eh... no.

Sony has been smart this generation. Let other's make the first move, and see where they can make it better/cheaper then the competition.

(Cheaper and better are both subjective)

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > LIMBO for Free
5. Re: LIMBO for Free Jun 21, 2016, 23:46 The Half Elf

*Adult Beverages, Loud Family Members, Limbo Sticks, sold separately!  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jun 21, 2016, 23:00 The Half Elf

AND THAT'S HOW WE GET ANTS!  

News Comments > DOOM Demo Extended
8. Re: DOOM Demo Extended Jun 21, 2016, 10:43 The Half Elf

Did they patch the demo?  

6. Re: Into the Black Jun 21, 2016, 01:34 The Half Elf

Dirwulf wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 00:20:
Mark this day in history. Cutter with a reasonable post that I happen to agree with. Too bad he blocked me all those years ago lol.

Every once in a while, Cutter has brilliant moments of clarity. And lately he's had a few.

And while Cutter and I disagree about things from time to time I find it stimulating. There are times I love a good debate and we'll have a pretty strong discussion.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 20, 2016, 21:14 The Half Elf

Pulled the trigger on=donated to the kickstarter
Pulled the plug=took it off life support/let it die.

1. Re: Into the Black Jun 20, 2016, 20:54 The Half Elf

I have grown up with guns in my family, I was raised knowing how to use them, and I have probably killed over a million other people in video/computer games.
But my parents TAUGHT ME, right from wrong. The ONLY time I would even aim, let alone fire a weapon(at a person/animal) would be in defense of my personal safety or that of my family members.
These women are ignorant and grasping at Fox News "Reports" and are symptomatic of being uneducated and unwilling to think for themselves.

As someone who has worked at a Gamestop and Toy'R'Us, I have seen parents who do not give a damn about what game their kids are playing, especially when you tell them WHY a game has an adult rating. So if ya had a kid in a room (with Asperger Syndrome) you HAVE TO ASK WHO GAVE THAT KID A CALL OF DUTY GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2016, Part 6
2. Re: It Came from E3 2016, Part 6 Jun 20, 2016, 20:43 The Half Elf

How the fuck is a video (Death Stranding) even on a top 10 list?
It IS A GAMES LIST RIGHT?

News Comments > Offworld Trading Company Toolkit DLC
1. Re: Offworld Trading Company Toolkit DLC Jun 20, 2016, 20:26 The Half Elf

5 bucks for a fucking map editor?!?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 20, 2016, 16:04 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 13:48:
SimplyMonk wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 13:29:
Fully automated cars can't come soon enough. Would pay anything to get an extra hour or sleep while driving too and from work.

Personally I would never get one (I support computers for a living, and I see the fucking bullshit they do every single day, so there's no way I'm going to trust my life to one of those pieces of shit), but as soon as Class IV autonomous vehicles are here, we need to get one very simple law on the books in the US:

If a person is in an accident (their fault), and the cause of the accident is "distracted driving", their driver's licence is immediately revoked, and the government trades their car for a self-driving one. No more fucking driving privileges for all those FUCKERS who can't put your FUCKING CELLPHONES DOWN.

What will be worse is all the drunk fucktards who get into their self driving cars and are so damn drunk they can't even tell the car to go home and instead will end up in front of my house taking up all the parking space! Just how bad it would be if ya had a driveway!

News Comments > It Came from E3 2016, Part 4
3. Re: It Came from E3 2016, Part 4 Jun 19, 2016, 22:39 The Half Elf

You mean like Star Wars Dark Forces 5: Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2016, 16:50 The Half Elf

Dan =0) wrote on Jun 19, 2016, 15:48:
Similar sentiments, Half Elf. Mine passed in 2002. Wrote a long, rambly post on FB and started tearing up the more I wrote and remembered (our relationship was somewhat distant).

On a different note - RIP Anton Yelchin.

29 years ago on May 24th, had planned on having my GED done on that day but didn't work out.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2016, 13:50 The Half Elf

To those who can't be with us, to those who are far away, we raise our glass and toast to you, that we'll meet again one day.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 19, 2016, 13:42 The Half Elf

inveigle88 wrote on Jun 19, 2016, 13:20:
Dead by Daylight is number one and has been for the past 4 days.

That wasn't last week now was it?

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2016, 17:42 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 16:58:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 15:35:
Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 14:06:
Much like toilet paper is placed properly to underroll and not overroll.
Only if you have a cat...

Anyone who overrolls TP or says gif with a hard G hates freedom and loves the terrorists, I say!

At the same time Cutter you say a lot of things that are just utter nonsense and bullshit, so say what ya want but we do consider the source

And bitch why aren't you on Steam anymore?

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2016, 15:54 The Half Elf

As my autistic friend would say when he hears stuff he doesn't like 'All I heard was "pizza"'.

*takes all the Jif and gets some ritz*

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam
17. Re: Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam Jun 18, 2016, 15:48 The Half Elf

verybad1 wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 12:54:
Task wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 12:14:
potential moneymakers like MechWarrior

Thanks for the morning laugh!

Guess you never play Mechwarrior, Mechwarrior 2 and it's 2 or 3 expansions, Mechwarrior 3, Mechwarrior 4, Mechwarrior 4 Black Knight?

News Comments > Overwatch Competitive Details
4. Re: Overwatch Competitive Details Jun 18, 2016, 08:31 The Half Elf

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 22:46:
To be honest first they should change that on some maps ALL approaches to those AI turrets are within 40m, and thus reward you with an unwinnable situation if coupled with a camping bastion

See that's the thing with Overwatch, it's all rock paper scissors. You just need to have a team that understands the situation and adapts to it. Widow, the Ninja brothers, John Marston are great if it's a straight shot at the turret/bastion from distance, otherwise take a Junkrat or Jet pack girl, or Pig boy or Winston if it's hiding around a corner on tucked in a spot. But I've also had some groups that are more about trying new and fun shit and we made a death wall of 2 Reinharts, 2 Dwarf turrets, a lucio and faith which was unbeatable (could have been easily destroyed by 2 or 3 junk rats). Have all your turrets set up side by side, and have the Reinhart use his shield to protect them, as 1 shield goes down have the other use his shield, Lucio for AOE heals and faith to keep the tanks happy=death star.

News Comments > PlanetSide 1 and Legends of Norrath Closing
7. Re: PlanetSide 1 and Legends of Norrath Closing Jun 18, 2016, 00:42 The Half Elf

There is no 'best experience' with everquest anymore when after 10+ years people are still camping out rooms in lower Guk.  

10712 Comments. 536 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo