Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10920 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs
30. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 15:49 The Half Elf

Um the heli controls sucked on Mouse and Keyboard AND controller. There is no way to side strafe, and overall they just suck. Myself and mrgrosser were both hating them. At least with say BF3/BF4 they are fine with a mouse and keyboard, and in GTA you probably want a gamepad, but they need reworked badly.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 14:51 The Half Elf

Once ya turned Vsync off had no problems running everything at max at 1920x1080, and was benchmarking over 50fps.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

4. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 10:15 The Half Elf

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 10:08:
Did anyone else found the shooting feel kind of weird in the beta? I can't put my finger on exactly what the problem was but something was off. Maybe lag or frame drops or something but it didn't feel right.

I didn't find any problems with the shooting (there is bullet drop for long shots). But the AI is rather stupid. Unidad forces can detect you pretty well, but the regular forces were pretty bleh. I was hoping for more AI like in The Division.

1. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 10:06 The Half Elf

Some nice improvements in the last Beta over the one before it.

Now if I can just get a teammate who doesn't go all rambo trying to snipe 1 guy.....

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 9, 2017, 09:06 The Half Elf

Get rid of that slow ass Star Trek Bridge Crew game, and instead make a VR version of Star Trek Bridge Commander and you have a deal!  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
25. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 9, 2017, 08:58 The Half Elf

EVERYONE has a choice. The problem is people are lazy. You can choose to be violent, or a drug user, or commit crimes, or you can choose to better yourself and not do that.
Life is not easy. Now I do understand that people who grow up in tough situations, but people also have clawed their way out of poverty, out of bad family lives, out of certain situations.

NOTHING in life is free, or easy, and if you want it bad enough you can make it happen, but you have to WANT it, and WORK for it.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 9, 2017, 00:02 The Half Elf

Ok. So who the fuck paid for this Rhombus of Ruin VR shit? Double Fine or the people who kickstarted/figged Psychonauts 2? Same fucking thing with Star Citizen, but ended up funding all sorts of other bullshit instead of getting the game done.  

21. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 8, 2017, 23:31 The Half Elf

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 20:55:
The Half Elf wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 19:36:
You REALLY want to read into other people's comments, when you have a picture from a game with the most ass backwards dialog in gaming history? If you comprehend things like the horrible translation from that game, then it explains quite a bit about you.
So now my cool meme avatar comes into play. I don't think straw man covers that, maybe crazy man argument and that explains quite a bit about you.
The penalties for crack cocaine hit the African American community, not whitey. If you don't understand that you should probably stay out of the conversation lest you risk sounding ignorant.
Sorry you're blinded by the hood over your head.

Hood over my head? As a gay guy I've dealt with all sorts of fucktards. But not once do I read into comments and call people racist. Go google some statistics, in particular go to this site and look. 58.6 are white, 37.9% are black. Drug offenses account for 46.4% of all offenses with the next HIGHEST being 16.8% for guns/arson explosives.
Now I'm not the best math person, but if "All of them" was released, statistically more whites would be released then blacks.

I really want to know if your reality is as twisted as you sound. If a black person comes up to me and ask me for a cig and I tell him no am I racist? No. But in your view I would be.

I wish my life was as perfect as yours that all I could do all day is sit behind a computer and make shit up on the internet. You are one of those people that just like to point fingers, talk out of your ass so you can get attention regardless of the topic or how wrong you are.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Feb 8, 2017, 22:55 The Half Elf

I've enjoyed the Netflix Marvel series, but Luke Cage was pretty meh.  

17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 8, 2017, 19:36 The Half Elf

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 11:04:
Retired wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 10:54:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 10:45:
All set to rake in a possible $30 dollars, but the dvd settlement ain't available in Texas.

Lets not forget the disproportionate crack cocaine penalties.
While a person found with five grams of crack cocaine faced a five-year mandatory minimum prison sentence, a person holding powder cocaine could receive the same sentence only if he or she held five hundred grams. Similarly, those carrying ten grams of crack cocaine faced a ten-year mandatory sentence, while possession of one thousand grams of powder cocaine was required for the same sentence to be imposed.

Eh, Obama let all of those people out - hope someone keeps track, they have already found that a lot of them lied about their "story" as well as the O admin lied about what each of them had done. A lot of them had previous weapons charges and were running drugs with guns. Federal law states drugs+guns during an arrest is 20 years.....
So President Obama let all of "those people" out. Go ahead, say it. You meant African Americans. Notice the word American. Hard to believe huh. I bet you don't know what country imprisons more of its populace than any other, give up, it's America.
President Obama did not even make a drop in the bucket, but your obvious racism won't allow you to see anything good that came from the last 8 years. Instead of getting your news from 8 people sitting around a table screaming at each other, try doing some basic research. so sad

He didn't mean shit. You and your "air quotes" are implying racism where none exists. You want to read into his or anyone else's comments, that's your right to do so, but if you read it as a racist remark, that is YOUR PROBLEM.

People running around with drugs and guns isn't a black, brown, white, gay, straight issue, it's a FUCKTARD issue. And fucktards come in all different colors and sizes.

You REALLY want to read into other people's comments, when you have a picture from a game with the most ass backwards dialog in gaming history? If you comprehend things like the horrible translation from that game, then it explains quite a bit about you.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 8, 2017, 00:26 The Half Elf

I still think there is more FREE content in GTA Online then there was with both Single Player DLC's for GTA 4.

I just hope they don't lock shit in multiplayer like Heists that require 4 players.

News Comments > Take-Two Financials
2. Re: Take-Two Financials Feb 8, 2017, 00:24 The Half Elf

And just imagine what would happen if they did a HD RDR for the PC.  

News Comments > Rock Band VR Next Month
12. Re: Rock Band VR Next Month Feb 7, 2017, 16:08 The Half Elf

SlimRam wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 15:57:
I heard that they are including a stage diving mode with the VR experience BUT, you have to sign a digital waiver with Harmonix releasing them from any medical expenses incurred when you do a sweet, full body header into your coffee table while screaming, "GOODNIGHT OKEECHOBEE!!!"

Do we need to put up one of those child gates around Blue to protect Gunnar? You know the gate they used in Rugrats cartoon?

News Comments > Rock Band VR Next Month
2. Re: Rock Band VR Next Month Feb 7, 2017, 10:42 The Half Elf

Ok... new pool. How long before Blue posts a story about how he destroyed something wearing a Rift and playing 2-3 instruments at the same time!  

News Comments > For Honor Trailer
4. Re: For Honor Trailer Feb 7, 2017, 09:20 The Half Elf

It's a flawed combat system that is HEAVILY weighted by equipment you unlock or buy. With the Rock Paper Scissors system they have it's a nice attempt, but you can be 2 on 1'd and be screwed quickly. Best way I can describe it is like The Matrix Online's combat system. The combat defense/response just isn't fast enough for my tastes. In Jedi Outcast/Academy I could hold off 2 attackers pretty well.

Even if the game hit say 15 bucks, I wouldn't purchase it.

News Comments > Fallout 4 High-Resolution Textures
22. Re: Fallout 4 High-Resolution Textures Feb 7, 2017, 09:16 The Half Elf

El Pit wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 08:47:
The Half Elf wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 00:39:
Works fine with a non SSD hard drive and a 1070.

What is the resolution you are playing at, HElf?

1920x1080.

12. Re: Fallout 4 High-Resolution Textures Feb 7, 2017, 00:39 The Half Elf

Works fine with a non SSD hard drive and a 1070.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: HoloLens Portal Feb 6, 2017, 21:19 The Half Elf

Yeah look at that framerate. So how is that Hololens version of Minecraft coming along....  

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Feb 6, 2017, 21:18 The Half Elf

Diluvion also got a patch for the controls and camera. Pretty decent sub game!  

2. Re: Fallout 4 High-Resolution Textures Feb 6, 2017, 21:17 The Half Elf

Almost done downloading it....  

10920 Comments. 546 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo