Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10462 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud
1. Re: Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud Sep 13, 2016, 10:12 The Half Elf

That's some fucking bullshit on the reviews.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Sep 13, 2016, 00:13 The Half Elf

Did you see the black R2 unit 'supervising' while R2 did all the work, especially with the droid socket nearby?

Needs a little bit better lighting but damn that was quite a bit of work. Makes me wish we had a Battlefront 3 game.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > NARUTO SHIPPUDEN ROAD TO BORUTO in February
3. Re: NARUTO SHIPPUDEN ROAD TO BORUTO in February Sep 13, 2016, 00:10 The Half Elf

Bill Borre wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 20:26:
Damn. I was hoping for a video game based on the adventures of Bing Crosby and Bob Hope.

If you could do it where it's Sam and Max meets Red Dead Redeption (a western) then here is my 60 bucks!

News Comments > Mafia III System Specifications
5. Re: Mafia III System Specifications Sep 13, 2016, 00:09 The Half Elf

Jerykk wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 23:03:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 20:47:
I was ready to give this a second look because part of me loved Mafia 2 (especially the ending), but it really could use some sorta co-op or multiplayer or SOMETHING.

Neither of the previous games had co-op or multiplayer so I'm not sure why you'd expect that. They've always been atmospheric, story-driven, single-player shooters.

Was watching some video on this last night, and wow...it looked rough. This weird, washed out filter over everything. Bodies that all seized up in unison before flying through the air from an explosion. People running to phones to call the cops left and right, and cops magically showing up two seconds later.

The presentation does look a bit rough. As for the cops, I think showing up quickly is fine. If they had realistic response times, you'd be long gone before they showed up, defeating the whole point of the mechanic.

Because the previous 2 games had a great story and good missions (minus the racing in the 1st game that they patched, or the gas stamps in the 2nd), but it was a giant city devoid of life. Yeah it may be a new company doing the 3rd game, but when your game is being sold for 30 bucks on major key sites it's not a good sign.

News Comments > Mafia III System Specifications
2. Re: Mafia III System Specifications Sep 12, 2016, 20:47 The Half Elf

I was ready to give this a second look because part of me loved Mafia 2 (especially the ending), but it really could use some sorta co-op or multiplayer or SOMETHING.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 12, 2016, 12:31 The Half Elf

Not being a Nvidia fanboi, but if they are doing a Then and Now of ATI, then they need to use the Then and Now drivers as well.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2016, 12:23 The Half Elf

My thoughts and prayers Blue, my mom's was Aug 27th.
Sister's birthday Aug 30th (and had to take her to the hospital), 31st was her 14 year wedding anniversary, 9/9 dad's birthday, 9/11 parents anniversary.

Can we start skipping this time of the year and go straight from summer to Halloween?

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
8. Re: Into the Black Sep 11, 2016, 22:47 The Half Elf

I'd love the motion tracker system on our badges at Amazon. Would clear out quite a few lazy fuckers.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2016, 21:59 The Half Elf

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad (the guy who bought me an Odyssey, Intellivision WITH Sound add-on, and my first computer TI-994A WITH CASSETTE DRIVE!). Miss you both  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 11, 2016, 12:35 The Half Elf

Yeah but you need to understand there are at least 7 warehouses that deal with the purchasing and shipping of items from Amazon, I just don't see it working in a strip mall  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 10, 2016, 00:27 The Half Elf

{PH}88fingers wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 23:48:
weaker resolution though..

I'm loving my Asus ROG PG348Q Black 34 3440x1440 , 100 Hz Curved IPS G-Sync (NVIDIA Adaptive Sync) 21:9
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236717

That's great, if you're offering to pay the 1300 bucks for one I'll take one.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: PS4 mod support Sep 10, 2016, 00:16 The Half Elf

What will be a bigger slap is when Bethesda announces their next game and won't quite confirm to a Sony/Playstation platform because of this BS.

One of the few games for this console generation that would really push people to a Xbox One.

News Comments > Overwatch Netcode Update
7. Re: Overwatch Netcode Update Sep 10, 2016, 00:14 The Half Elf

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 20:56:
Got back into Overwatch lately after a short break and multiplayer does feel really good now (It was good before too, but there were very noticeable issues). Havent encountered any shoot around corners or the weird yo-yo interpolation errors I would get while jet boosting with d-va every once in a while before. That shit sucked in comp play during season 1 especially.

Noticed quite a bit of shoot around corners and lag over the last weel. Considering I play Lucio quite a bit, getting hooked by Roadhog and timing Lucio's push has been a bitch with net hickups.

News Comments > BioShock: The Collection PC Upgrades Detailed
14. Re: BioShock: The Collection PC Upgrades Detailed Sep 10, 2016, 00:11 The Half Elf

Please don't be as horrible as Batman Arkham Asylum/City Facial and hair textures 'upgraded'.  

News Comments > Ember Released
7. Re: Ember Released Sep 9, 2016, 22:42 The Half Elf

Can they use the engine to make a Ultima 7 HD?  

News Comments > Otherland Launches
4. Re: Otherland Launches Sep 9, 2016, 17:43 The Half Elf

I will say that Star Trek Online and Star Wars The Old Republic do a pretty good job of allowing the most out of the game without crippling the player. Granted Old Republic has quite a few 'quality of life' things to purchase if ya want them.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2016, 15:55 The Half Elf

Since today is Pride Knight at Kings Island (that theme park the Brady Bunch went to), I figured I'd finally let you in on a little gaysecret  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Sep 9, 2016, 01:39 The Half Elf

I call dibs after the divorce!  

News Comments > Interplay IPs for Sale
23. Re: Interplay IPs for Sale Sep 8, 2016, 01:37 The Half Elf

Rigs wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 00:38:
I'm curious if any of the Star Trek game IPs are available, like Starfleet/Klingon Academy, New Worlds, Starfleet Command...What I wouldn't give for an up-to-date Klingon Academy/Bridge Commander hybrid! Drool Or a Freespace game where you take command of the cruisers/destroyers or carriers?! Oh fuck, someone buy Freespace!!! And please don't let it be fucking Smart, for the love of God! He's probably salivating as we speak...

=-Rigs-=

I doubt it considering I don't think any of the old Interplay Trek games are out besides 25th Ann. and Judgement Rites.

But dear god... an updated Klingon Academy.... *squeeeee*

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
11. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 7, 2016, 23:30 The Half Elf

Mass Effect Borderlands Edition. Welcome Vault Hunters!  

10462 Comments. 524 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo