Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10321 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Apr 23, 2016, 01:13 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 00:34:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 23:03:
nin wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 21:45:
Spiders terrify the shit out of me. My cats love to do this routine where they stare at the wall, directly above/behind my head. And stare. And the eyes get bigger. "Is there something back there? Dare I turn around?"

Does it look something like this?

No no no, see, I'm not clicking that. Because we used to have a guy on our help desk that was also terrified of spiders and so we'd send him emails with pictures of spiders inside. THANK YOU OUTLOOK READING PANE! : : : : )

It's safe nin. Half Elf's honor (unless he changes the link).

Roaches I don't mind. I just never expected them to so damn resilient. Moved back to florida with now ex cause we were looking at buying a house (were renting it to see if we liked it and liked the area/location), and the the 2nd day in the house late at night I see a bug crawling across the floor towards the computer desk (all my critter stories either involve the 1st day moving into a place or my computer desk). It's fairly large and I've never seen a roach beyond the insect exhibitions at zoo's. This is a fairly large 2 inch or so roach. I'm looking for something to kill the sucker, so I found my prized box of VCR tapes. Finding one of my ex's shitty Sci-Fi channel B rated crappy movies I sorta drop it on the roach and then step on it for good measure. Hear a very loud crunch and left it there (gonna let the ex deal with it in the morning). Go back to the computer and a few second later I hear the VCR tape plastic scrapping across the carpet. I look over and the entire damn tape is now slowly moving across the floor.
OH HELL NO. I go over and start jumping up and down on the tape. Step on it with 1 foot and sorta bounce to get ALL my weight on this sucker. Go sit down back at the desk and just watch the tape for a minute to make sure it didn't move. It was dead.
Least it wasn't a snake like that 1st time we moved to Florida that came into the apartment underneath the front door the 1st day we moved in (Apt maintenance forgot to attach a new rubber thingies at the bottom of the door after they removed the 1st one). During that scene I could have been Albert from The Bird Cage's twin. GAH.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Borderlands Confirmed
14. Re: New Borderlands Confirmed Apr 23, 2016, 00:46 The Half Elf

DangerDog wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 00:38:
You would think they would do another Aliens game, that one was massively popular.

They would have to back to the Chris Roberts school of design and actually only sell Pictures of what the game should look like instead of trailers of what the game should look like.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > The Long Journey Home Trailer
6. Re: The Long Journey Home Trailer Apr 22, 2016, 23:31 The Half Elf

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 10:59:
And the award for the most retarded looking alien races goes to...

Is there anything you do like? What sorta things do you enjoy because ya just seem to hate everything.
Even Cutter likes somethings....

News Comments > DOOM PC Support Details
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 22, 2016, 23:09 The Half Elf

First thing you see is guys that look like they are RIGHT out of Halo multiplayer. Since the last Halo I played was the one after Reach, and all the armor configs they have these days, at glance it looks like another version of Halo.

And Halo does have mutators right so you can change things like certain weapons, run speed, gravity etc right?

News Comments > Battleborn Open Beta by the Numbers
1. Re: Battleborn Open Beta by the Numbers Apr 22, 2016, 21:50 The Half Elf

Where is the number that shows how many money from Aliens CM development was used for this game?  

News Comments > DOOM PC Support Details
4. Re: DOOM PC Support Details Apr 22, 2016, 21:50 The Half Elf

NotOneOfUs wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 21:29:
Where's the setting to make it not feel like Halo?

I didn't try it but the few videos I watched the very first thing I thought was Halo.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Apr 22, 2016, 21:34 The Half Elf

A spider died while the reading of this story. Lights off in the room and on my smaller second monitor to the right of my main one is the linked story above. I start reading it and a fucking spider (size of a half-dollar) had the bravery to run right straight up in the middle of the screen and over the top. I (in all my manliness) scream like a blond cheerleader in a slasher movie and run to get toilet paper to kill said insecticide alien death machine. Damn thing apparently ran to the top of the monitor, back down it and hide at the edge of the base.

It is dead. And flushed. All I ask of spiders is to PLEASE do NOT be in my house, let alone less then 4 feet from my face. Those that did get in the house are suppose to be dealt with by my feline spider defense force in exchange for food, cat litter and kitty pot.

If you know any candidates or can recommend any felines and/or canines with a proven work history please let me know.

Now excuse me while I go spray the shit out of every window/vent in the house and the legs of my computer desk.

News Comments > New Borderlands Confirmed
5. Re: New Borderlands Confirmed Apr 22, 2016, 20:48 The Half Elf

How many gatrillion guns that are all worthless except for 8 will they have this time?

Never did finish the Pre-squeal, and really have no desire to go back to Pandora or anything Borderlands related without some serious overhauls.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2016, 17:15 The Half Elf

Agent Smith said it the best. Human's are a virus. HIV, Avian Flu, Zika Virus are just the planet's immune system kicking in.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 22, 2016, 17:14 The Half Elf

Microsoft is already pushing enough... can we at least get a reach-a-round?  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Apr 22, 2016, 17:13 The Half Elf

There is a picture of a flaming vehicle...  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2016, 12:05 The Half Elf

sauron wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 10:21:
Happy Earth day, everyone.

After killing off a band of foolhardy adventurers, don't forget to recycle their armor and weapons.

And remember if you come across any magical rings that were made in Mt Doom, throw them back. Remember recycling starts with you

News Comments > Rocket League Free Weekend
4. Re: Rocket League Free Weekend Apr 22, 2016, 12:01 The Half Elf

Morgan19 wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 10:46:
Cool, I've been curious about this one for a few months but scared to buy due to some rumblings about the control scheme being hard to handle. Should be nice to try it out without obligation.

I HIGHLY suggest a controller.

As for the game it's fun as hell, especially hockey.

News Comments > Lawbreakers Alpha Signups
3. Re: Lawbreakers Alpha Signups Apr 22, 2016, 00:17 The Half Elf

Pr()ZaC wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 21:33:
Looks like a nicer version of Overwatch...mothafuckas.

Sell me on the game, not the running commentary of adult language trying to sell more shit as 'bigger badder and even MORE BADASS!'.

Visually looked interesting. But was designed at the 10-16 year olds who snort redbull and want to be 'EXTREME!!!!!1111!!!!'

I would much rather see a 'background trailer' or something before the ADHD montage gameplay trailer.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 21, 2016, 23:08 The Half Elf

I'd love to see what Titan was all about.

59. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2016, 23:05 The Half Elf

Sepharo wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 22:12:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 20:34:
Let it go.

I think you misunderstood my post or interest in the matter.
Also, "let it go" followed by a continuation of the topic is just plain weird. Reminds me of "CALM DOWN!!!"

Nothing about MY post had ANYTHING to do with the cockfighting that started.
My post was about putting shit into perspective. But you throwing a 'last jab'/'have to have the last word while walking out the door' thing ya did was what my post was about.

It's not about who is right/wrong or having the last word, it's about ignoring it and just going on with your life.

48. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2016, 20:34 The Half Elf

Sepharo wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 18:57:
1badmf wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 18:54:
aww man i love a good flaming tennis match. wonder who won.

Cutter got called out for disliking Harriet Tubman on the $20 and then did his "I'm always right" routine.
Pretty uneventful really.

Let it go. Welcome to the internet. Opinions vary from person to person. You have sinners and saints and everything in between.

Here is how I look at things. If the WORST FUCKING THING I have to deal with today is someone stating their opinion, then that's a great fucking day.
There is way to much other shit going on in bubble I call my life for me to get worked up about the little shit. But if the bubble you call your life is perfect and one person's opinion on the internet means the world to you.... then congrats, I envy you.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 21, 2016, 20:27 The Half Elf

Nuke them from orbit?  

News Comments > Don't Starve Together Released
1. Re: Don't Starve Together Released Apr 21, 2016, 20:27 The Half Elf

Cannibalism?  

News Comments > RUINER Announced
21. Re: RUINER Announced Apr 21, 2016, 20:21 The Half Elf

warmbluelasers wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 17:23:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 15:35:
We need an Ocean's 11 plan to steal the money from Chris Roberts and give it to them.

The surprise twist ending will be the millions of neatly stacked and banded green IOU notes in the secret sub basement safe, each with CR's smiling face.

You are giving me too many bad ideas. I like!

10321 Comments. 517 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo