Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10718 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
20. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 12:17 The Half Elf

At 94 days to unpack the game and climbingh..  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2016, 23:48 The Half Elf

I KNOW what it means, she had/has no clue.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details
15. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details Aug 22, 2016, 23:47 The Half Elf

I've said it before and will say it again. If Cutter was the worst person EVER to be on Blues News we'd be in good shape

Sides I have to defend Cutter I have dibs on his couch after the election.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2016, 21:36 The Half Elf

I need feedback.
A new employee asked me what the Amazon smile is on the side of all the boxes at work. I need a really GOOD response, because my 'It's a penis or a smile... I mean who wouldn't be smiling to get a box full of penis's" but I think that may be a little over the top, and I fseriously told her that I wasn't sure but I would find out for her.
It's my "Friday" so my brain is turned off till Thursday, so looking for some brainpower to come up with something clever. And at least a PG version and a R/X version

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Aug 22, 2016, 21:00 The Half Elf

Wait for Xmas Cutter, 5 bucks is the max I would pay for it (and I had it on the 360 for awhile).

And the Forza (1-6) series is all about racing, pure and simple.
Forza Horizon's is more of the 'Need for Speed' version of Forza.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details
9. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details Aug 22, 2016, 20:58 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 20:41:
Emton wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 20:29:
Looks like an on-rails linear storybook game probably about 80% of the playtime will be watching some cut-scene...

Oh yeah, totally, just like the last one.

You win today's Cutter.

In Cutter's defense he useually reads about the subject and make some sorta extreme comment typically based on something.
While Emton's comment is just pure stupidity and ignorance.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans
1. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 21, 2016, 15:04 The Half Elf

Improving features, like multiplayer?

Btw path of the Atlas was a major disappointment besides getting a ton of words, and having black holes marked on the map

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
57. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 21, 2016, 08:05 The Half Elf

Never before have I wanted to use a ball gag on a straight guy before listening to Chris Roberts in this presentation. "Player 2... player 2... PLAYER 2... pla"

It is impressive, except that performance wise it didn't look very solid framerate wise.
Also on the 'mission' to get the cargo from the 'pirates' they were other people playing instead of NPC's.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2016, 19:42 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 15:36:
Anyone who thinks moving to Canada is something awesome compared to life under HilaTrump is sure in for a rude awakening.

I told you to get the couch ready for me. And I tend to steal all the covers... so lock your bedroom door.

News Comments > Prey 2 Video
5. Re: Prey 2 Video Aug 19, 2016, 19:37 The Half Elf

Steazy wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 19:33:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 19:23:
Wow I was right, it is Bioshock in space.

Some horrible shadows and jaggies in that video.

I believe they used to call that System Shock.

I never played the series before Bioshock ( i know.. i'm sorry), but with the menu and station names, it looks like Bioshock in space, instead of Rapture.

Was it Half Life that had the multiplayer hide and seek mod where you could hide as objects?

News Comments > Prey 2 Video
2. Re: Prey 2 Video Aug 19, 2016, 19:23 The Half Elf

Wow I was right, it is Bioshock in space.

Some horrible shadows and jaggies in that video.

News Comments > Ubisoft VR Games Release Schedule
9. Re: Ubisoft VR Games Release Schedule Aug 18, 2016, 21:36 The Half Elf

If they made a Trek game (has to be Trek license) with the different bridge stations like in Klingon Academy, had it multiplayer it would be a hit.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer
6. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer Aug 18, 2016, 21:34 The Half Elf

If you get to kill the IT guy from the 1st game I'll pre-order it NOW!

Trailer looks great, but how much of it was from in the game and how much was rendered cgi.

News Comments > Overwatch Animated Short
3. Re: Overwatch Animated Short Aug 18, 2016, 21:31 The Half Elf

Very Disney/Pixar/Short Circuit.

Very impressive.

News Comments > Ubisoft VR Games Release Schedule
6. Re: Ubisoft VR Games Release Schedule Aug 18, 2016, 19:06 The Half Elf

Bridge Crew... please don't require VR... please don't require VR.....  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Character & Weapon Customization
7. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Character & Weapon Customization Aug 18, 2016, 11:53 The Half Elf

And that's my thing is the Co-op.

Steam is The Half Elf and Ubi is Cpt_Ranger
I'd love to get back into the Division.

Granted they have a year to work some things out, and like you said The Division isn't a bad game, but they really did fuck up the DZ and kept making it worse.

5. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Character & Weapon Customization Aug 18, 2016, 10:48 The Half Elf

NamecaF wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 10:07:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 09:53:
Please don't suck.

I was really hoping this wouldnt suck too, but if this is anything to go by you can kiss that hope good bye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWDQqI9JeIE

The guy is a bit of a whiner. He has some valid arguments but also a few that aren't. For example the whole 'bike/chair' thing. The guy is moving forward, switches to aimed 1st person view, is still moving while shooting. Hence why he's closer to the bike. We've been able to aim and move in games for how long now?

Metal Gear Solid isn't an open world. Same in the way that Witcher 3 isn't an open world. It has some very large maps but there is still a transition from mission area to mission area (in MSGV) and the same in Witcher 3 (granted they area huge areas), same also applies for say World of Warcraft (just all in the wording I guess, depends how nitpicky you want to be).

Graphics wise, they game looks good, does it looks OMG awesome?!? No, but typically the bigger the maps the less 'ohhhh shiny!' ya get.

Surprised they aren't using the cover system from The Division. Watching an elite military team crouch down in doorways is painful to watch. Or in the Ubi video how using a non-silenced weapon didn't alert everyone in the compound.
One thing The Division did really well was the AI. It would take cover, use abilities, flank you, etc quite well and I'd love to see it in this game.
All I am seeing is 'easy kill bad guys who don't do shit, and then chase down the target with vehicles'.

The proof will be in the full game when you go after the guy in the church (as shown in the 1st gameplay video) vs what it really is like in the actual game.

News Comments > For Honor Details
1. Re: For Honor Details Aug 18, 2016, 09:59 The Half Elf

Also please don't suck.  

1. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Character & Weapon Customization Aug 18, 2016, 09:53 The Half Elf

Please don't suck.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Aug 17, 2016, 21:07 The Half Elf

deep fried in Mountain Dew!  

10718 Comments. 536 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo