Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10321 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield Reveal Next Week?
14. Re: Battlefield Reveal Next Week? Apr 29, 2016, 18:18 The Half Elf

DangerDog wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 15:48:
Sequel to BF2142 incoming.

PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ!

And MOAR PLAYERZ! does NOT mean a better game. As stated it becomes a cluster fuck of who can throw more nades/snipers.

Give me a more personalized experience, say 10 vs 10, and let me influence the game.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2016, 16:01 The Half Elf

descender wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 13:39:
So you're $60 in on another space game already? What is the space-sim equivalent of methadone, we need to get a hold of some for you.

Ask Creston. We tried having an intervention once.... he tried to nuke us from orbit.

As for Everything Wrong with Star Wars.... they nailed it and that's why I hate the movie so much (Except BB-8 which is the cutest droid in the universe... now).

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Lionhead Closed
16. Re: Lionhead Closed Apr 29, 2016, 15:34 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 15:30:
rudra wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 12:06:
fable was one of the most overrated series of all time

it was fucking garbage

and black and white was a fun gimmick for about 2 hours

Bought Fable 3 on the rec of a friend. Could barely suffer through an hour of the awful gameplay. Luckily, I was only out $5.

Play Fable 1 and 2, skip 3. And if ya have a 360 I'd suggest Fable 2 for the co-op as it's no longer supported on PC.

I REALLY would have loved to see a Black and White 3 with Nvidia Hair FX from Witcher 3

News Comments > Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Paused
29. Re: Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Paused Apr 29, 2016, 13:51 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 10:42:
<giggle>

Popcorn, please!

Can we get some low card/low cal/low sodium this time, almost had to go to the hospital from all the popcorn last time.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Apr 29, 2016, 07:56 The Half Elf

GinRummy wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 22:10:
Interesting video about light bulb types and testing using just reflection from a CD disc. The guy's got a nice shop, but he seems a bit... particular and slightly strange. But then aren't we all?

He is Canadian

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Apr 29, 2016, 01:06 The Half Elf

FTL 2 please... PLEASE... DEAR GOD MORE!  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2016, 20:30 The Half Elf

BobBob wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 15:59:
CrushBug wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 11:58:
Prescription drugs were in his house? OMG, I have prescription drugs in my house! Am I going to die?!

Yah, well ... I read in another shocking article that he kept carrots in his refrigerator. We all know how dangerous that is!

If you want to hear a horror story about drugs and carrots let me know (NOT FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE!!!!!!).

But remember Jackson was also on drugs prescribed to him that were only used in surgeries.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2016, 12:21 The Half Elf

CrushBug wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 11:58:
Prescription drugs were in his house? OMG, I have prescription drugs in my house! Am I going to die?!

It's not so much the drugs per-say, but famous people tend to have doctors that prescribe whatever the patient wants, and then said patient mix and matches stuff they shouldn't have.

News Comments > Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition Launches
3. Re: Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition Launches Apr 28, 2016, 12:19 The Half Elf

ItBurn wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 11:50:
I've watched the trailer and read the announcement, but I still have no idea what this edition has that is new.

I love metroidvanias, but I dunno, I don't like the look of this one and I'm not sure about the mechanics and how it seems to play.

If you actually WATCHED the trailer it flat out TELLS you what is new.

Watched the intro and damn..... beautiful game, sad story start.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online DLC Plans
2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online DLC Plans Apr 28, 2016, 11:10 The Half Elf

Fairly solid game, just disappointing that staples of the Elder Scroll games are DLC (this and the Thieves Guild).  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Mods Open Beta
11. Re: Fallout 4 Mods Open Beta Apr 28, 2016, 00:13 The Half Elf

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 21:02:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 19:14:
OMG HORSE ARMOR...... *giggles for a second and runs away screaming*

For Fallout 4, the real modding challenge would be to add a horse mod before the horse armor mod though ;p

WATCH THE DAMN VIDEO.

Seriously.. there is ARMOR with the yellow horse on it.
Nothing to do with Elder Scrolls DLC.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Mods Open Beta
5. Re: Fallout 4 Mods Open Beta Apr 27, 2016, 19:14 The Half Elf

OMG HORSE ARMOR...... *giggles for a second and runs away screaming*  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2016, 16:55 The Half Elf

Shoes. Who wears panties? They just get in the way.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2016, 13:50 The Half Elf

Dear Mrs Blue,

Thank you for taking pity on Stephen. For years we wondered if we were ever going to be able to marry him off due to his taste in music and games, not to mention this website.

In all seriousness, congrats to both of you. Making it 20 years in this era is rather extraordinary. But as someone who went to my mom's cousin's 60th and 70th wedding anniversary, I hope you two have/find that special connection to experience the same amazing journey together as they did.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2016, 13:45 The Half Elf

KS wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 12:40:

Story: Reebok's "Alien" Shoes Won't Fit Women.

And the low rider panties and belly wifebeater are only available in men's 3x, 4x, and 5x sizes, too.

Actually had a pair when they were first issues. Were uncomfortable as hell. Sadly I hadn't finished growing and gave them to my cousin. Dead in 2 weeks

You forgot the sweat pants that say 'Juicy' or 'Pink' on the ass.

News Comments > More BioWare Teasing
4. Re: More BioWare Teasing Apr 27, 2016, 12:17 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 12:05:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 12:03:
Just fucking tell and and knock this shit off.

"Is NO ONE going to ask me about my shirt? I work at Bioware! Hello????"

Is this what Bioware has been reduced to? Granted they have survived EA much longer then other companies (Bullfrog, Maxis and I'm sure quite a few other's I can't think of at the time).

News Comments > More BioWare Teasing
2. Re: More BioWare Teasing Apr 27, 2016, 12:03 The Half Elf

Just fucking tell and and knock this shit off.  

News Comments > Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown
48. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 19:29 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 18:53:
Wetworks wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 18:07:
Vanilla servers is such a no brainer for Blizzard I have no idea why they haven't done it yet.

It's not about the money. It's clear they have the resources to do this if wanted. It's about their egos. The people driving WOW today DO NOT want the community going back to the first version of their game. They've censored and banned ALL vanilla discussions on their official servers. They've said "No" to legacy servers since Cataclysm days. It's very clear from Cataclysm that their intent was to destroy the original vanilla content. They have also gone back and redid almost all the old dungeons and raids. It doesn't serve any purpose other than to continue to replace the old content with THEIR content.

If I win 100 million in the lottery, and someone says 'Hey there is an island you can buy for 1 million' doesn't mean that I'm going to buy an island.

There is so much behind the scenes that we don't see and for people to constantly say 'They COULD do it but just won't!' is bullshit.

It's a dead horse right now, unless you want to your cooking skills up let it go.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2016, 14:47 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 12:09:
Blah, shitty deal, My favourite uncle just died. Super cool guy. Used to take me to ball games and stuff as a kid. Goddamn, 2016 is shaping up to be a banner year for killing off the people we love.

I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle. Thoughts and prayers are with ya.

Cyclops vs Storm. Oh yeah!

News Comments > Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown
11. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 12:23 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 12:05:
TL;DR they said no.

The fact that they got J Allen Brack of all the people at Blizzard to respond to this instead of Mike Morhaime, the person we were really hoping to hear from, speaks volumes. Blizzard also didn't have the decency to acknowledge the petition and the hard work the Legacy community did to put together nearly a quarter million supporters, or the 150,000 active players on Nostalrius, or the nearly one million registered accounts.

They didn't give legacy servers at least a year to try. Mark said the process of bringing Legacy online - from Bnet2 integration to hardware setup - would take less than 6 months. They just talked about it but didn't even try. This is precisely why WOW's subs are falling. The people running WOW today don't even care to try something new. Remember when Blizzard used to be the trailblazers? Remember when almost every year there was a new WOW clone or Diablo clone. Those days are gone. Now Blizzard is scrambling to copy everyone else. Legacy servers was their last opportunity to be trailblazers again.

I don't think I've ever said this until today but I'm done with Blizzard. It is now very clear to me that their number one driving force isnít their fan base, itís money. So fine. More power to Blizzard. I sincerely hope they choke on their greed. I successfully predicted the third WOW expansion would be about Northrend; a year before its announcement. I successfully predicted Project Titan would be a MMOFPS 4 years before Overwatch was announced. Today, I am making a new prediction.

WOW is going to fold in about 5 years. Blizzard's own greed is going to be the WOW killer.

Said this before and will say it again.

A billion signatures, and 150,000 active players on a free server does NOT mean 150,000 PAYING customers. There is no way to guarantee even a 1/10th of them would pay to play on vanilla servers.
And when you compare 150k players vs 6-8 million paying subscribers there is no reason to support this.

If you can figure out a way to plug the screen door on the vanilla submarine I'm sure Blizzard would do what they can, but it's too much work with no guarantee.

10321 Comments. 517 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo