Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10719 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 14, 2016, 12:41 The Half Elf

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 12:38:
Yup keeping that phone in the front pocket could be devastating for guys

or at a gay club with it in the back pocket.

"Dude your ass is on fire!"

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dean Hall's New Multiplayer Game
7. Re: Dean Hall's New Multiplayer Game Sep 14, 2016, 12:21 The Half Elf

"a new AAA game" when the fuck did DayZ hit AA?  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Join The Crew for Free
8. Re: Join The Crew for Free Sep 14, 2016, 12:20 The Half Elf

It's not a bad game, but it's not a great game either. The story is pretty much shit, but if ya like a NFS version of Forza Horizon you could do a lot worse like Test Drive 2.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 14, 2016, 11:29 The Half Elf

The 'instant heating device for smores making' or 'emergency winter heating device' are FEATURES not bugs!  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 13, 2016, 23:48 The Half Elf

I'd like to see the Ezio collection for the PC if it looked better. Never did finish the last one.  

News Comments > PC Dead Rising Rises
8. Re: PC Dead Rising Rises Sep 13, 2016, 23:46 The Half Elf

It's a pretty good game and would love to play it again on steam co-op. Yeah it has some time issues but actually thought it added to the game.  

News Comments > Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud
37. Re: Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud Sep 13, 2016, 18:54 The Half Elf

Let me ask you guys this.

When you are looking at reviews of a product what do you read first?

Personally I typically do my research on the product to see what it can do so I pretty much know that, but I go to the bad reviews first to see if there is a common issue with the product that would prevent me from buying it.

Also I'd like to know how many fradulent reviews are we talking about beyond the 'auto-comment' robot reviews?

Or one other fix... start reviewing products BEFORE they enter EA/being sold on Steam, which would get rid of a TON OF CRAP that now circulates on there and Steam Sales.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2016, 18:35 The Half Elf

I have a cheap Moto E 2nd Gen I believe. Battery will last all day (just don't game on it) will last 3/4ths the day listening to Pandora or Iheartradio, the screen is gorilla glass and still doesn't have a scratch on it even with everything from keys to box cutter blades/etc in with it. I use to do nicer/bigger/more expensive phones but every time I killed one (typically dropped it trying to put it in my back pocket then stepping on the damn thing trying to 'foot catch' it) it wasn't worth the cost.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 13, 2016, 18:31 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 15:29:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 13:52:
Creston wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 10:48:
Speaking of Bioshock, 2K support hooked me up with a Steam key for Bioshock based off of a picture of the case and CD. No hassle whatsoever. Many kudos to them!
P!ease post that pic on imgur. Drummer

Hehe, that's not gonna work. They make you put a scrap of paper with your email address in it too.

They can still send me the key and I can gift it, I did buy the game twice

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 13, 2016, 15:03 The Half Elf

How I miss getting a brand new video card with some sort of 3D Accelerated version of Mechwarrior.

#3DFX

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 13, 2016, 14:57 The Half Elf

If I can find the box (know I still have the 1st one here somewhere) along with the key if someone wants a copy I'll dig it out and send it in to support

News Comments > Return Zero VR Released
2. Re: Return Zero VR Released Sep 13, 2016, 14:56 The Half Elf

Now if ya had a Tron Lightcycles game.....  

29. Re: Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud Sep 13, 2016, 14:55 The Half Elf

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 14:47:
Darks wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 13:08:
The thing that bothers me is that someone can buy a game try it out for .40 hours and then bash the game. I mean come on, you have to at least played the damn game for at least an hour or two to at least have some kind of relevance to rate the game to justify your bashing of it.

Playing a game for 15 mins does not cut it. This is where Steam and many other sites should put a stop to users abusing this system by making it so you can review a game unless you have at least 2 hours invested in the game.

Or maybe a weighted system for the review score based on the amount of time played. Play an 80 hour game 80 hr or more, the review is weighted 100 percent of normal. Play a 20 hour game 1 hour and the review is weighted as 5% of normal.

Although this doesn't address the keys for good reviews problem. Still, I think it would be handy to provide a slightly better accuracy for overall review scores.

That's actually a pretty good idea, except for 1 thing, running the game and let it sit at a menu for X amount of time.
I think Prez did this with Snuggle Truck.

23. Re: Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud Sep 13, 2016, 13:17 The Half Elf

So can anyone explain to me how fake reviews are affecting fraud or vice versa?
I get stolen credit cards being used to buy Steam keys, but where does the review thing come in?

14. Re: Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud Sep 13, 2016, 11:31 The Half Elf

The problem is that unless there is some sorta super-sale there is no reason to purchase games through Steam for full price.
Publishers/Dev's are selling batches of game keys to 3rd party sites, which are then later activated on Steam, and those reviews don't count which is bullshit.
It's not like I was walking around one day and found 300 steam keys for a game just laying around.

11. Re: Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud Sep 13, 2016, 11:07 The Half Elf

From my understanding, if it's a Steam key from where-ever that you can write a review for a game, but if ya didn't have it on Steam you couldn't write a review.

How the fuck is this a good thing? If you own the game, reguardless of where you purchased it your review should count.

Are we going to see Dev's giving out Steam keys only with the promise of a NDA and a glowing Steam review?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2016, 10:13 The Half Elf

What carrier are you going with Blue? I have had 2 Moto's from AT&T and getting updates for them is few if any.  

1. Re: Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud Sep 13, 2016, 10:12 The Half Elf

That's some fucking bullshit on the reviews.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Sep 13, 2016, 00:13 The Half Elf

Did you see the black R2 unit 'supervising' while R2 did all the work, especially with the droid socket nearby?

Needs a little bit better lighting but damn that was quite a bit of work. Makes me wish we had a Battlefront 3 game.

News Comments > NARUTO SHIPPUDEN ROAD TO BORUTO in February
3. Re: NARUTO SHIPPUDEN ROAD TO BORUTO in February Sep 13, 2016, 00:10 The Half Elf

Bill Borre wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 20:26:
Damn. I was hoping for a video game based on the adventures of Bing Crosby and Bob Hope.

If you could do it where it's Sam and Max meets Red Dead Redeption (a western) then here is my 60 bucks!

10719 Comments. 536 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo