Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11040 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2016, 19:54 The Half Elf

Rigs wrote on Dec 31, 2016, 19:39:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 31, 2016, 19:04:
Ok so a co-worker and brother in law introduced me to this thing called bourbon, and let me tell you, holy shit this stuff is amazing!

Hmm, lets see if you're saying the same thing tomorrow morning!

So after some drunken co-op with Batz, I'm toasted and gonna go try to make a taco salad and take my contacts out. HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope something good happens to all of you fine folks (yeah even you Cutter and Space Captain) this year.
Blue, all I would change to the site is this:
Give us an option to donate to you so we can either get a t-shirt or rid of ad's. Beyond that: I'd love to see more editorials about your gaming habits (beyond solo'ing Rock Band with 4 instruments at once).
Beyond that, I hope you are all safe as we ring in the new year, and hope/pray we don't have another 2016 for 2017. Love ya all good/bad!

Blues needs a Patreon! (AND MORE T-SHIRTS! Mine is starting to really show it's age!)

Cutter wrote on Dec 31, 2016, 19:40:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 31, 2016, 18:55:
FUCK UPVOTE/DOWNVOTE. KEEP IT SIMPLE. When you confuckulate a perfectly simple system you're asking for more bullshit then was previously intended/desired.

Exactly. Then you get people tailoring posts to stoke their own ego and no one actually discusses things after that.

How would that be any different from your posts now? ~ZING!

(I couldn't pass it up, even though he won't see it... Idea unless one of you guys quotes it!)

=-Rigs-=

You mean like this?

*hugs Rigs*
Ok got the contacts out and cooked dinner (does anyone else really get into music/singing when toasty?) Be safe folks, 4 hours left to go. And has anyone checked on Betty White?

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2016, 19:04 The Half Elf

Ok so a co-worker and brother in law introduced me to this thing called bourbon, and let me tell you, holy shit this stuff is amazing!

So after some drunken co-op with Batz, I'm toasted and gonna go try to make a taco salad and take my contacts out. HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope something good happens to all of you fine folks (yeah even you Cutter and Space Captain) this year.
Blue, all I would change to the site is this:
Give us an option to donate to you so we can either get a t-shirt or rid of ad's. Beyond that: I'd love to see more editorials about your gaming habits (beyond solo'ing Rock Band with 4 instruments at once).
Beyond that, I hope you are all safe as we ring in the new year, and hope/pray we don't have another 2016 for 2017. Love ya all good/bad!

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2016, 18:55 The Half Elf

FUCK UPVOTE/DOWNVOTE. KEEP IT SIMPLE. When you confuckulate a perfectly simple system you're asking for more bullshit then was previously intended/desired.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 30, 2016, 22:07 The Half Elf

JoeNapalm wrote on Dec 30, 2016, 09:41:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 29, 2016, 22:58:
Won't happen. They are just patenting an idea. Like the drone thing.

You realize that they started trials of the drone thing in the UK this month, yeah?

Oh, and...

"That's no moon!"

-Jn-

Yeah but here in the US there are still two huge issues to overcome.

1) Where I work (CVG5) is the post office for our Amazon Hub in Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area, and we are within the 15 mile no fly zone of the airport.
2) Birds. Birds were taking down the drones like a kid taking candy from a unguarded plate on the front porch on Halloween night.
3) Theft/Public Safety. Especially here in the Kentucky/Cincinnati area these drones are going to be target practice. Idiots here love to shoot at anything they can, and if I can score a Ipad or pair of shoes or whatever for hitting the target so much the better. Not to mention idiot children/people/animals who will run up to the mini helicopter and loose some fingers/limbs.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2016, 12:53 The Half Elf

Agent-Zero wrote on Dec 30, 2016, 12:07:
NO! NO! NO! oh, no.. terrible, terrible times.. woe is me, WOE IS ME!!!!

... wait a second - nobody watches General Hospital around here? oh, the sadness! oh, the tragedy!! life is such a cruel mistress... indeed, i am faint and need to take my leave to rest these weary eyes so soaked with the tears of the fallen..

I watched back when Luke and Laura were a thing (mom came home for lunch during the summer break back when I was.... 7 or 8?). All My Children was the SHIT!

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer Next Week
3. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer Next Week Dec 30, 2016, 12:44 The Half Elf

So Nvidia is pimping ME Andromeda, even though the whole HDR thing for consoles runs ATI.

*is confuzzled*

News Comments > Gearbox Deathwatch?
2. Re: Gearbox Deathwatch? Dec 30, 2016, 12:00 The Half Elf

Just wait for all the Borderlands HD versions that will be coming.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 29, 2016, 22:58 The Half Elf

Won't happen. They are just patenting an idea. Like the drone thing.  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2016, 22:47 The Half Elf

At the end of the day we've all been assholes and idiots on the internet.
If arguing with people on the internet was the absolute worst thing going on in your universe, I envy you and wish I was as well off as you.
There have been worse people on this site (and don't even get me started on the internet), just count your blessings because we have 3 days left of this horrible year.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 29, 2016, 19:37 The Half Elf

Yeah but kinda hard to put a statue of a character that won't be born for another 1000 or so years.  

News Comments > Heavy Gear Assault Early Access
4. Re: Heavy Gear Assault Early Access Dec 29, 2016, 19:36 The Half Elf

Heavy Gear has been around since 1997, and I believed used a version of the Interstate 76 engine which was a version of the engine used on the Mechwarrior 2 series at Activision.  

News Comments > Heavy Gear Assault Early Access
2. Re: Heavy Gear Assault Early Access Dec 29, 2016, 19:15 The Half Elf

33 bucks for a EA game that will have cross platform multiplayer, no single player? No thank you.

Rather have a Earth/Starsiege game for the price.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2016, 13:12 The Half Elf

I am me, and have always posted as me.

*goes and calls everyone he knows to tell them he loves them before the end of the year*

News Comments > Final Fantasy Creator's New Game Plans
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 29, 2016, 10:33 The Half Elf

Here's the thing.

1 person does NOT create a game. 1 person does NOT have the sole vision to rekindle the magic that made them legendary in the first place.

How many games have been trainwrecks to meh games gambling on the name of one of the original members of a game that did great?

*goes and looks for his Game Gods PC Gamer issue and realizes that in the world of gaming, they have fallen quite a ways*

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2016, 10:00 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Dec 29, 2016, 08:37:
Thanks, guys.

thoughts and prayers with you and your family nin.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 28, 2016, 23:24 The Half Elf

Ok my question is this...

What good does it do to announce you are going to do something, instead of just DOING it and then ANNOUNCING IT?!?

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Dec 28, 2016, 21:01 The Half Elf

*starts breathing heavily*  

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Dec 27, 2016, 20:58 The Half Elf

Bumpy wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 20:18:
She had a pretty interesting brain in that bikini Jedi body.
Quotes of note.

Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan, may your halogram forever project and live on in greatness.

Thank you for the link!

Dear lord, at the rate people are dieing you would think the Death Star already fired on the planet Earth!

We have 5 days to go folks, stay at home, call loved ones, stock up on medical supplies/etc, cause lord only knows what can happen in 5 days.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2016, 17:16 The Half Elf

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 15:45:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 13:50:
I wish big pharma could come up with a non-addictive recreational drug that didn't kill people. Obviously people want to do this, so we should find some way of making it safe.
Study after study has found that legalization is the only way to stop this insanity. Until then morticians, politicians, religions, profiteers, private or government run prisons and drug kingpins will be the only ones that profit. While the rest of society suffers.

Actually there is another way (brace yourselves I'm playing Devil's Advocate). FREE DRUG CENTERS!
You enter one of these wonderful centers, sign away all rights until you leave the center sober. But here's the catch. ALL THE DRUGS YOU WANT FOR FREE! Let these idiots OD out the ass. Have transplant teams on standby. Use what parts you can and burn the rest. You OD, Government gets all of your property and auctions it off.
Ya get rid of the junkies, you clean out the gene pool, you have income for the economy, and prevent overpopulation because fucktards LOVE to fuck without protection and pop out more food stamp vacuums.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
16. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 27, 2016, 17:09 The Half Elf

Surgical Cavity searches? Isn't that the only thing the TSA is good for?

Been a while since I last flied but I rather have a free bottle of Febreeze/Lysol and a partition. I'm tall and have thick legs from years of cycling, but if your fucking leg is on MY SIDE OF THE FUCKING ARM REST I RESERVER THE RIGHT TO STAB YOU WITH A PEN/PENCIL IN SAID THIGH UNTIL YOU RETURN TO YOUR SIDE OF THE ARMREST! DON'T WANT YOUR FUCKING FILTHY SMELLING BODY ON THE WHAT LITTLE OF A SEAT I GET!

11040 Comments. 552 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo