Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11176 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2017, 11:36 The Half Elf

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 11:07:
The Half Elf wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 10:22:
Sad about Cassidy as well.

But the 5th grader asking the police for help with math made my day
It made your day that the police don't know basic algebra? Dementia in all it's various forms sucks.

Made my day that 1) a kid was smart enough to ask for help in math instead of just not doing it, 2)police took the time to help. Protect and Serve right? Not just on the official police stuff.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2017, 10:22 The Half Elf

Sad about Cassidy as well.

But the 5th grader asking the police for help with math made my day

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2017, 14:11 The Half Elf

1st Coffee fatality of 2017! We were overdue

Poor Octopus.

4. Re: On Sale Feb 18, 2017, 17:43 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 17:35:
My aunt passed away this morning at 6:09 AM PST.

My thoughts and condolences sir

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 18, 2017, 17:42 The Half Elf

Gearbox is slowing circling the drain.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
4. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Feb 17, 2017, 23:24 The Half Elf

WHEN WILL THE REMOVE THE FUCKING SMILE OFF FEM-SHEP'S FACE? It's like she went to the Joan River Botox treatment center.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Next Week
8. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Next Week Feb 17, 2017, 03:09 The Half Elf

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 22:24:
Rhett wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 22:22:
Heh, Montuyoc was technically in the last beta but locked.. Explored most of it, you get the high powered sniper rifle there as well.

Curious to see if anything changed from the closed beta, but I doubt it...

i doubt these things are actually "beta" in the traditional sense.. seems more like marketing than anything else, as in "limited time demo"... but you cant say that because its too obviously lame

I was in the Technical Beta, and the Closed Beta, and there were major improvements to the game with each version. Sadly most open beta's these days arent for testing it's for marketing, but I have to give Ubisoft credit on this for the noticeable changes in each version.

7. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Next Week Feb 17, 2017, 03:07 The Half Elf

Slick wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 21:54:
Hoping there will be an nVidia driver this time, performance in the CB was brutal.

Whats your system specs and did you have vsync off? Stated before vsync killed performance and had to turn it off in the nvidia control panel AND in the game settings and then it ran smooth as butter.

1. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Next Week Feb 16, 2017, 21:33 The Half Elf

Glad to see some expanded areas in the beta!  

44. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 16, 2017, 19:23 The Half Elf

Who are we voting off the island?  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2017, 14:35 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 14:30:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 13:42:
The Half Elf wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 12:53:

*turns ruler around for Cutter*
You're suppose to start at the 1 inch side sir.

LOL, Cutter's going to need a whole vat of aloe after that burn.

JD I will happily accept a 55 gallon drum of lube if you're buying. Biker

What makes you think I don't already have said drum of lube? Water based lube... BLEH!

Ok Cutter, that link... woah shit... "People who also viewed this also viewed Infant Circumcision Trainer White"

O_O CAN NOT UNSEE!

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2017, 12:53 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 10:52:
So my penis reduction surgery went swimmingly and now I'm down to a normal 10 inches like every other guy. Wry

Yeah, declutter, man. Fortunately I learned that lesson early on. I left home 2 weeks after my 18th birthday and moved across the country. Didn't bother sorting anything just threw all my shit in a van and off I went. It was only after when I realized half of it was stuff from childhood I gave it all away and have always kept a minimalist attitude ever afterward. I always notice that sort of thing when I walk into someone's home, all the useless bric-a-brac they have. Thousands of dollars wasted on junk that just clutters up the place. No, I like very zen, clean, (near) empty spaces.

And yeah, like Helf said, F the SA. Always stay away from religious "charities".

Congrats on the surgery mr 'OMG I COULD DIE!'.

*turns ruler around for Cutter*
You're suppose to start at the 1 inch side sir.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2017, 10:06 The Half Elf

Shineyguy wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 09:31:
Blue, Salvation Army will probably take most of what you don't want provided it's clean (in the case of clothing) and working (in the case of anything else).

Just throwing out suggestions.

F the Salvation Army, Goodwill is awesome and doesn't have homophobic assholes running it saying gays need to be put to death. But hey that's just me.

*still wants Chick-fil-a to quit being homophobic assholes so I can have another delicious chicken sandwich and waffles fries with cheese*

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2017, 09:49 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 09:27:
Finally broke down and bought an xbone last weekend. And it came with Horizon 3, which is awesome!

The UI still makes me want to scream, however. 3 button presses for a single screenshot, wallpapers that are useless, since you have a giant non-transparent box in the middle of the screen that can't be ignored, ads all over the place, one small tile in the upper right corner to go to all your games, audio that still plays out of the speakers even when you've set the console to headphones, etc. Just a mess...I didn't think it could be worse than the 360 UI, yet somehow they made it happen.

Nin if ya need someone to come drive with ya let me know I bought it for Windows 10, and they gave me the xbone version for free. Also did the same for Gears of War 4, and they gave me the rest of the Gears games for free.

As for the Xbone's UI... yeah it is a mess but is getting a overhaul soon.

News Comments > Smedley Opens New Amazon Games Studio
15. Re: Smedley Opens New Amazon Games Studio Feb 16, 2017, 02:40 The Half Elf

Actually didn't know, but makes sense with Amazon prime membership.

My bad.

10. Re: Smedley Opens New Amazon Games Studio Feb 15, 2017, 22:52 The Half Elf

Beamer wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 21:25:
The Half Elf wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 21:08:
Ranger55 wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 20:54:
Amazon must have the occasional failure. By hiring that dumbass Smedley, they have pretty much ensured that this will fail.

At Amazon we hire 100 people a week. And MAYBE retain 10-15 of them after two months. This is just a much bigger job position. And with his history I don't see him being kept very long.

You work in Hebron. SLU hires way more per week, and retains them. Salaried and hourly aren't comparable, and this studio will be all salaried

But the Amazon way is produce results. They are VERY mechanical in this nature. Because they way I am reading it is that Amazon wants to dip into the Twitch market. With Star Citizen and now Amazon Games Studio, I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon makes their own version of Twitch.
And when Amazon goes at something they go in at full force.
Example is Amazon building more buildings at in their current areas (like mine), and also building an entire hub at the CVG airport.

News Comments > Prey Footage
2. Re: Prey Footage Feb 15, 2017, 21:26 The Half Elf

It's Bioshock in space. It'll start with a space lighthouse as you get out of your crashed spaceship, get inside a spacestation, realize you're part of some crazy experiment and go after the people who started it.

TADA!

8. Re: Smedley Opens New Amazon Games Studio Feb 15, 2017, 21:08 The Half Elf

Ranger55 wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 20:54:
Amazon must have the occasional failure. By hiring that dumbass Smedley, they have pretty much ensured that this will fail.

At Amazon we hire 100 people a week. And MAYBE retain 10-15 of them after two months. This is just a much bigger job position. And with his history I don't see him being kept very long.

4. Re: Smedley Opens New Amazon Games Studio Feb 15, 2017, 20:54 The Half Elf

Didn't he just close his old studio in Jan?

Oh the day after Xmas. Wow.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2017, 12:37 The Half Elf

Blue wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 12:33:
BobBob wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 11:58:
Moving to where?

Pennsyltucky. Decided the weather here is too warm.

So if I stand on my roof in Northern Kentucky with a pair of binoculars and look at Pennsylvania, I could see the New Blue Tower from here?

You know if that's the case I'm showing up with a moonshine welcoming gift, and will demand a Bluesnews t-shirt

11176 Comments. 559 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo