Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10719 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 5, 2016, 03:45 The Half Elf

Caladell wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 01:06:
Wallshadows wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 00:54:
The only talks I want to hear about with Netflix involved is with Fox and Firefly.
I know what you're saying, but after the movie, would it really be that good? Unless they did stories in between the series and movie. I would love to see more though.

Easy fix for Firefly. Have River dreamt it all and viola!

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Bikers Launch
1. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Bikers Launch Oct 5, 2016, 03:42 The Half Elf

Is there anyone left from Blues that's playing this on the PC?  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2016, 20:09 The Half Elf

Ghostbuster 2016. Not a bad movie. But could have been "fine" by fixing two things. 1) Different City, 2)Ackowledge the original Ghostbusters instead of ignoring them and then having the original cast play other characters in the movie.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2016, 12:02 The Half Elf

Blue... we are old.. please don't carbon date us. If we get any older they will put us in the Smithsonian.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Stealth Video
4. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Stealth Video Oct 4, 2016, 00:52 The Half Elf

I dunno I have high hopes for this, then again I did for the Division as well.....

PLEASE don't suck and if anyone gets a beta code and doesn't want it please let me know

News Comments > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 Gets NHL License
1. Re: Franchise Hockey Manager 3 Gets NHL License Oct 4, 2016, 00:50 The Half Elf

A sports license that EA hasn't fucked up yet?!?  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2016, 12:06 The Half Elf

Blue wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 10:45:
Timmeh wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 10:43:
Happy year 5777...

Because we all know the earth is only 6,000 years old.. nay the entire multiverse.

5777 and six days!

So is this like... Jewish Earth Day? Like I have access to a deli here in Northern Kentucky...

News Comments > Farabel Trailer
3. Re: Farabel Trailer Oct 3, 2016, 12:03 The Half Elf

I would find a way....  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 3, 2016, 10:29 The Half Elf

Mafia 2 had a great story and mission. Except the city was empty as fuck and every morning you got a phone call for a mission.
The Rambo simulator.. er Mafia 3 doesn't appeal to me.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2016, 19:55 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 18:35:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 18:02:
I haven't read the essay yet, but dear lord what she had to go through, especially with Robin as your husband.

It's really sad. I almost sent that in myself, but felt like she wrote it for medical professionals in the field, as opposed to internet tabloid gossip ("EXCLUSIVE: ROBIN'S LAST DAYS", etc etc).

Not knocking Blue's decision, but having read it, I almost wish I hadn't.

That's why I haven't read it yet. Not sure if I want to read it and what little I did from the clip..... as a lover of comedy I'd have to say he was one of my icon's growing up (and for my parents growing up). Should I skip reading it nin?

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2016, 18:02 The Half Elf

I haven't read the essay yet, but dear lord what she had to go through, especially with Robin as your husband.  

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution: The Voice of Freedom Released
1. Re: Homefront: The Revolution: The Voice of Freedom Released Sep 28, 2016, 11:38 The Half Elf

"It's 10 o'clock here at Raido Freedom and all is clear!"  

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Rumors
13. Re: Destiny 2 PC Rumors Sep 28, 2016, 02:01 The Half Elf

Rather see Oni 2 then Destiny.  

News Comments > Clustertruck Rolls
4. Re: Clustertruck Rolls Sep 27, 2016, 14:21 The Half Elf

Pretty unique gameplay!  

News Comments > Overwatch Symmetra Changes Next Month
2. Re: Overwatch Symmetra Changes Next Month Sep 26, 2016, 11:18 The Half Elf

Sorta like Bastion and Dwarf. If you can set them up they are great, buut I typically don't see them used as attack characters.  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Sep 25, 2016, 14:53 The Half Elf

I want to do a gaming series in the vein of Judge Judy. If you thought Link was bad for all the pots he broke, what aboutr all the Lego Characters that destroy EVERYTHING? Or Geralt stealing shit. "Hey look I just found a hidden chest with this awesome *insert item here*!" Maybe it was hidden away for a reason. Or how many dead people have letters with items hidden away. Geralt is nothing more then a mutant grave robber thug!  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Trailers
7. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Trailers Sep 25, 2016, 10:51 The Half Elf

But if the driving mechanics suck ass, then you dread getting from point A to point B.

But the voice over is ass puckering cringe worthy. "Every vehicle has a turbo boost" WTF? Bad enough you have the VW Vans remote controllable, but they also have fucking Turbo?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Redux Mod
9. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Redux Mod Sep 20, 2016, 05:16 The Half Elf

LOC wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 01:05:
If I ever get friends who say consoles are better than PC (I hate that argument, but eh whatever) I'll just show them this so they drool for the PS4 Pro and Scorpio (if they could even handle this sort of mod).

Looks stunning to be honest. Amazing work.

Bigger online communities (especially for this game with less cheating), better for sports and fighhting games (consoles are), but then again PC's aren't the main demographic for those type of games. Oh yeah.. and they got Red Dead Redemption.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous May Drop Win32 and DX10
19. Re: Elite Dangerous May Drop Win32 and DX10 Sep 20, 2016, 00:29 The Half Elf

Slick wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 21:44:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 21:03:
Well there is plenty to counter on your reply, one thing that has sort of rubbed me wrong is now there is "only works on Win 10 anniversary edition", so we are going to be splitting which version of Win 10 games run on. Ugh.

There are plenty of DX9 games still being made and it works fine for many efforts.

I don't think using Win32 like this is a good idea when it can be looked at as leaving Win32 and moving to UWP. I believe in this case what they are getting at is not supporting 32 Bit Windows. I don't believe that is the same thing.

1) there's no discussion about migrating to UWP, it's entirely moving from 32-bit to 64-bit, which is something that should have been done 10 years ago.

2) Win10 Anniversary update is just a service pack, it's will Win10. I remember seeing nVidia divide their drivers into Win10, and Win10 anniversary update. This has since been changed back to just "Win10". The whole point of Win10 is to NOT segregate their user-base. Their whole OS as a service stuff. I imagine these big updates will be coming out every year or so for the 10+ year lifetime of Win10.

Which if you think about it, constant service packs on the same OS is MUCH preferable to developers having to support 4-5 different operating systems. It's a standard, that's what the whole point of their argument is, which is absolutely sound.

I think that it's not even an argument to consider keeping 0.5% of their users who are running INCREDIBLY outdated hardware/software (32-bit windows). The limitation of only having 3.5GB of memory to work with (really about 2.5GB after you count the OS) is RIDICULOUS. And The fact that 99.5% of people already have 64-bit compatible software and hardware, yet their experience is crippled because of this 0.5%... it's outrageous.

This is why there's only 20 or so NPCs usually visible at the same time in any game, as opposed to thousands. It's this backwards compatibility crap that cripples development, and real innovation in games.

I think a 5 year grace period is acceptable. DX10 was released in like 2006 or 2007, that's almost a decade old, it's time to put it out to pasture, same with the rest of it. At this pace we're never going to see the kind of game I want to experience in my lifetime.

Have you ever seen World of Warcraft, when they have 100's (litterally) of npc's on screen at once?

News Comments > Elite Dangerous May Drop Win32 and DX10
16. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 20, 2016, 00:13 The Half Elf

Vall Forran wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 23:25:
When you launch the game, there are options for 32-bit Windows or 64-bit Windows, so they got it right. I think you are nitpicking at the press abbreviating.

Yes but there are people only using the 32bit version. Doesn't matter if it's 50% or .0001% I would like to know how many people this is.
If it's like 12 people.... maybe Frontier could do something to help those gamers out. It could be that they can't afford a better system to go only to 64 bit, or their vid cards don't support DX 11/12.

BTW from the post... "We do appreciate that although those are small percentages, that is still a SIGNIFICANT number of people affected".
So if that is 500 people that they alienate from a game that when they purchased and played they should just be fucked?

10719 Comments. 536 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo