Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10388 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Starter Edition
12. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Starter Edition Jun 4, 2016, 20:27 The Half Elf

Played for 2 hours then requested a refund (yay Steam Refund!).

Not enough substance even if the full game was 15 bucks.

So you get all the maps (no DLC) and they randomly pick 2 operators for ya (of the basic generic ones). And you get to pick 2 operators from a very small selection (or 1 depending on which one ya want).
Bait and Switch.
No thank you.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battleborn Writer Leaves Gearbox
10. Re: Battleborn Writer Leaves Gearbox Jun 4, 2016, 20:15 The Half Elf

Dentorro wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 18:04:
Slick wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 16:23:
and for any that missed it, BattleBorn had one of the slickest intros I've seen in a while. Looks like the studio who did Samurai Champloo...

CHECKIT

Was already turned off by the beta, but this has got to be one of the worst intro's I've ever had the displeasure of seeing, not impressed at all.

Ditto

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jun 4, 2016, 13:42 The Half Elf

"Here is an announcement we are going to be on Steam, we have no fucking clue (but probably) will be 'Foxed' by EA/Disney"

Wish them luck, but we all know this is going to end badly.

News Comments > Battleborn Writer Leaves Gearbox
2. Re: Battleborn Writer Leaves Gearbox Jun 4, 2016, 11:08 The Half Elf

The humor was good in what I played of it during the beta, but the gameplay was meh at best.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Starter Edition
6. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Starter Edition Jun 3, 2016, 21:27 The Half Elf

While it doesn't seem like a bad game, it's more of a SWAT game than a Rainbow Six Game. May give it a shot, but wasn't what I was hoping for with the R6 name.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore’s Revenge
6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore’s Revenge Jun 3, 2016, 19:43 The Half Elf

JohnBirshire wrote on Jun 3, 2016, 18:11:
I would play this if the engine wasn't so "clunky". It doesn't have a smooth feel whatsoever like other MMOs.

Google The Old Republic remove bitraider

Granted you will have to redownload the entire game but it removes that torrent client they use and greatly improves framerate/jittering.

Hardware > Washer/Dryer - hardware right!?
4. Re: Washer/Dryer - hardware right!? Jun 3, 2016, 17:41 The Half Elf

I have a 'older' HE Whirlpool Duet's and love them. Even has a cleaning cycle (turn nob to clean, throw in some bleach and turn on) so I never have issues with mold.
And the washer and dryer are big enough to wash a down comforter in without problems (just have to fluff it every 15 mins in a dryer). If ya need storage you can get the pedestal's for them to sit on (good for laundry shit) but also nice because the height means you don't have to bend over to pull stuff out of the washer and dryer.

News Comments > 7 Million Play Overwatch, Minus a Bunch of Cheaters
11. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 2, 2016, 23:20 The Half Elf

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 21:29:
The game is a lot of fun. I'll play several matches each night. I still kinda suck, but I have improved. The balance is fairly good, with only a few tweaks needed most likely. It'll be interesting to see what kind of longevity it has.

Friend me on B.net at TheHalfElf#11957 I play with mrgrosser and mordicai, and would be more then happy to help ya learn the game and tactics.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Jun 2, 2016, 21:23 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 21:19:
Mike wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 21:02:
I'm 53, male, and play video games daily. World Of Tanks, BF4, Uncharted 4 (amongst others) on the console. I've been playing since my (then) wife won a Nintendo 64 when they first came out - haven't stopped!

I suspect (and hope) we're going to see a huge shift in gaming, as the 2600/NES generation ages. It's going to become less of an age stigma and more of something everyone does...

(I turned 41 a few months ago.)

Ditto nin, should we get matching canes with tennis balls on the bottom (UP style?)

7. Re: 7 Million Play Overwatch, Minus a Bunch of Cheaters Jun 2, 2016, 21:20 The Half Elf

Just because someone has a level of 1 and someone has a level of 20 means NOTHING. There is no gear, or cards, unless you could some stickers and skins to be UBER OP'd!  

3. Re: 7 Million Play Overwatch, Minus a Bunch of Cheaters Jun 2, 2016, 20:41 The Half Elf

Yeah but the murder rate......  

News Comments > Mafia II Back on Steam; Mafia III CE Unveiled
21. Re: Mafia II Back on Steam; Mafia III CE Unveiled Jun 2, 2016, 11:09 The Half Elf

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 10:30:
The story makes sense: you`re a brother from a black MOB wrecking revenge on the Italian MAFIA. So I suppose it`s a MAFIA game, okay?

My only problem is that the main dude is so pumped up and psychotic it kind of ruins the party. Gee, smoke a doob or something. I suppose revenge is a serious thing, but come on.

And then there`s gameplay, if they again wanna try and sell me an open city which is actually an empty city, then it`d be a bummer.

Ya nailed it for me sir.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2016, 10:41 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 10:00:
I would hope, with it's size, that maybe it couldn't move that fast, but I wouldn't risk it, either.

I saw somewhere where one of the people that works at the golf said it's been there awhile, so I guess it's used to people.

All you can eat buffet in brightly easily to spot colors, perfect lawn care, and a pool? What's not to love!

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jun 2, 2016, 08:44 The Half Elf

Ok looking for more Overwatch players. I'd really like to start a regular group as mrgrosser, mordicai, and myself were playing last night.  

18. Re: Mafia II Back on Steam; Mafia III CE Unveiled Jun 2, 2016, 08:43 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 21:23:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 20:56:
Woah woah woah.. Vito is in Mafia 3?!? Hmmmmmmmmm.

It's been too long since I played it, which one was Vito? Joe was your buddy that got the bad ending, right? Can't remember...

Vito was the main guy in Mafia 2.

The only thing I've ever said was from the gameplay video's shown, is that it's more like Rambo (except he's black) with PTSD at the start of the game. Why? Because they game looks like it's going for a over the top feel when the main character stabs the holy shit out of guys. It appears they created a new franchise and just threw the mafia name on it and are including Vito to connect Mafia 2 and 3.
I'll be watching this carefully, but it seems to have a few too many over the top moments that I personally wouldn't include in a game called Mafia 3, especially the crazy taxi moments.

1. Re: Mafia II Back on Steam; Mafia III CE Unveiled Jun 1, 2016, 20:56 The Half Elf

Woah woah woah.. Vito is in Mafia 3?!? Hmmmmmmmmm.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2016, 20:49 The Half Elf

Showing it at $5.99  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2016, 19:34 The Half Elf

Pics Blue.. PICS!  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2016, 09:05 The Half Elf

Get Gunnar a mohawk!  

News Comments > Dead Island Definitive Collection Released
2. Re: Dead Island Definitive Collection Released Jun 1, 2016, 00:22 The Half Elf

$3 per game so $6 bucks. Sorry don't think so.  

10388 Comments. 520 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo