Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11356 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2017, 11:20 The Half Elf

Damn about the Jeopardy contestant.

And if Gunnar was like Crash, all that would be left is a empty carcass after all the stuffing was pulled out, which he would then carry around like an achievement, showing off his ability to prevent future fuzzies from causing harm to the household.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 in August
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 5, 2017, 19:15 The Half Elf

Is it bad when I picked up the first collection and about threw my controller across the room because in the 20+ years since playing the originals I got old?  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 1, 2017, 18:35 The Half Elf

Or just work for Amazon and get free $25 gift cards all the time!  

News Comments > ELEX in October
2. Re: ELEX in October Jun 1, 2017, 13:05 The Half Elf

CINEMATIC TRAILER?!?!?! WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

Now that that's out of the way, remind me about this game when some gameplay comes out.

** Nevermind, found some. Hmmm Witcher 3 meets sci-fi with dinosaurs. Ok I'm mildly interested.

News Comments > Ex-PAYDAY Devs: GTFO
1. Re: Ex-PAYDAY Devs: GTFO Jun 1, 2017, 10:06 The Half Elf

So since he's the game designer, was he in charge of lies about micro-transactions, absurd amount of pay to win bullshit?

Or is GTFO the new 'gold standard' of how they will respond to their customers?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization May 31, 2017, 14:52 The Half Elf

Why does my company keep patenting bullshit? We created a device to tell you how ugly your outfit looks, but we have hand scanners from 7+ years ago that are outdated as fuck.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Fallen Ghosts DLC
6. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Fallen Ghosts DLC May 31, 2017, 14:48 The Half Elf

It seems like a cheap gimmick, just like the Sync shot. Why can't they borrow the guys who did the AI from The Division and set up AI snipers that will actually hunker down.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2017, 12:53 The Half Elf

Prez wrote on May 31, 2017, 12:24:
Then for me it is "Prez's Personal Shame Day 2017" because I smoke like a friggin' chimney. I noticed that I finished a pack of cigarettes in about 8 hours the other day.

*takes Prez by the shoulder and walks off with him smoking and mumbling about the fucking healthy people ruining everything*

Whats bad is due to how long and the 'new' process of doing yard audits at my sort center I smoke about a pack a day just in the yard. Before this I was maybe smoking 4 a day at work.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Fallen Ghosts DLC
1. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Fallen Ghosts DLC May 31, 2017, 10:19 The Half Elf

Not as god awful as the last DLC (which I played 10 mins of and will never touch again). But there is a 'jump the shark' with new enemy snipers with Predator light bending gear.  

News Comments > Take-Two Acquires Kerbal Space Program; New 2K Prez
3. Re: Take-Two Acquires Kerbal Space Program; New 2K Prez May 31, 2017, 10:17 The Half Elf

Would you rather EA or Activision purchase them?  

News Comments > Star Trek: Bridge Crew Released
21. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Released May 31, 2017, 08:18 The Half Elf

Agent-Zero wrote on May 31, 2017, 08:07:
i could have sworn they said this would also be available in a non-VR version... maybe im dreaming

Sadly you are. Myself and many many other people have been begging for a non-vr version.

News Comments > Agents of Mayhem Trailer
3. Re: Agents of Mayhem Trailer May 31, 2017, 06:40 The Half Elf

Honestly it makes me want to play Crackdown 3 more.  

18. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Released May 31, 2017, 05:21 The Half Elf

ViRGE wrote on May 31, 2017, 05:16:
If this game is any good, then the trailer is not doing it justice. Which is a shame because Artemis is a blast, and this is essentially official Artemis.

The use of VR wands just looks like an impediment. The VR part itself seems interesting, but the game just streams for a keyboard (or a gamepad).

Watched a few twitch streams and it looked like a lot of fun. As for other things to do besides kill Klingons... not sure, but was funny to watch teams do the Kobi Maru.

If the core is solid enough, I wouldn't mind seeing more ship/bridge/mission DLC's.

10. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Released May 30, 2017, 23:19 The Half Elf

Slick wrote on May 30, 2017, 22:52:
The Half Elf wrote on May 30, 2017, 22:41:
No no no... you finish the OTHER games, send me the Vive, and I'll review Bridge Crew for you with mrgrosser, and then send it back in a month (no sweat stains I swear!)

Oh, there's no possible way to get rid of the sweat with this contraption. I'm thinking of figuring out a USB-powered fan that I can just glue to the front of the HMD.

I looked into replacement foam padding, and there's one company that was making them wrapped in pleather, so they don't get soaked with sweat. Good idea right? WRONG. Apparently, since the sweat has nowhere to do it just rolls into the Vive headset and started shorting out the electronics LOL.

Wanna bet?

6. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Released May 30, 2017, 22:52 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on May 30, 2017, 22:41:
Is this playable across the web, or do all people need to be in the same location?

Across the web, and cross platform (so PS4 can play with Occy and Vive).

And the game apparently has some solid built in chat. I suggest watching Angry Joe's video of it.

3. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Released May 30, 2017, 22:41 The Half Elf

No no no... you finish the OTHER games, send me the Vive, and I'll review Bridge Crew for you with mrgrosser, and then send it back in a month (no sweat stains I swear!)  

1. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Released May 30, 2017, 22:31 The Half Elf

Anyone have a Vive they no longer want, or want to rent out?  

News Comments > Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China Takes Off
4. Re: Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China Takes Off May 29, 2017, 16:40 The Half Elf

Whats with the health bars?  

News Comments > LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 Trailer
3. Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 Trailer May 26, 2017, 17:46 The Half Elf

You've played the last 3 games then you know exactly how this will play out except maybe a new glowy thing that you throw gingerbread groot into to make him big boy groot.  

News Comments > Far Cry 5 in February
45. Re: Far Cry 5 in February May 26, 2017, 17:43 The Half Elf

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 26, 2017, 15:59:
Christians not violent? What fucking bizarro world is this taking place in?

USA is the most Christian country in the world, and also has the most gun violence/deaths.

Hey and guess what, I've told dead baby jokes before! I guess that makes me as bad as a christian who has bombed a clinic somehow?

Depends on the clinic

11356 Comments. 568 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo