Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10321 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Beyond LARPing... May 21, 2016, 22:13 The Half Elf

Ok since I had my mind blown by people attacking people with weapons.....

Here is something that just blew me away, and I'm going to see if I can replicate something on a much smaller scale (once I figure out how he did it)
Lego Pop Up Book

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. May 21, 2016, 18:11 The Half Elf

Ok... since Blue's is going back in time with Lego Avengers, can we go back far enough to get Chris Farley to do the Fruit Ninja movie?  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Battleborn Double XP Weekend
4. Re: Battleborn Double XP Weekend May 21, 2016, 18:06 The Half Elf

I've played this game before, it was called Borderlands 1 and 2 and 1/2. While the humor is good there was nothing compelling at all that makes me want to play it like Overwatch.  

News Comments > LEGO Marvelís Avengers Assembles in January
6. Re: LEGO Marvelís Avengers Assembles in January May 21, 2016, 18:05 The Half Elf

I wouldn't say it's good, I would say it's meh. They really could have added more meat to the game adding in more stuff from the movies, instead of just re-hashing the New York map from Lego Marvel, with more stupid shit to find. I don't need 10 individual character slots for Captain America when they could easily have 'stacked' them like they did with Lego Marvel.  

3. Re: Beyond LARPing... May 21, 2016, 15:40 The Half Elf

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 21, 2016, 15:37:
Holy shit, those guys better have some modern day shoulder protection, to avoid getting wrecked by some of those polearm strikes... looks fun, but also looks really fucking stupid and dangerous.

Yeah first words were 'Holy shit!' I've seen Japanese swordsmen go at each other with heavy duty bamboo swords, but daaaaaaaaaammmnnn.

And thank you Blue for getting me hooked on Carbot Animations.

We pick you up, bring $5 for gas!

News Comments > LEGO Marvelís Avengers Assembles in January
3. Re: LEGO Marvelís Avengers Assembles in January May 21, 2016, 15:33 The Half Elf

*checks Lego collection*
*checks calendar*
*turns off Flux Capacitor*

I am the master of time and space!

YATTA!

\o/

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black May 20, 2016, 18:54 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on May 20, 2016, 18:34:
nin wrote on May 20, 2016, 18:12:
Dana Carvey takes on heckler as the church lady.

So polite, even when he's telling someone to STFU.

Wel, isn't that special.

Oh...look....is that a heckler or could it be.... . SATAN?!?

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2016, 13:10 The Half Elf

Hey Blue.....

How useful was that virtual desktop?

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2016, 12:52 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on May 20, 2016, 10:56:
I always found my package had the best packaging.

You REALLY want me to reply to that Sir?
You're setting yourself up and not in a good way

News Comments > Free Forge - Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10 Announced
7. Re: Free Forge - Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10 Announced May 20, 2016, 12:25 The Half Elf

What I don't get is why Microsoft is giving PC users GIMPED versions of their games.

Give me Forza 6 full edition like the consoles and I would gladly pay full price for it. But when you strip out shit like Multiplayer I have ZERO use for it (and it really is pretty sweet game).

But is this just a gimped version of multiplayer where you have to build everything?

Who the fuck is in charge of PC gaming at Microsoft?

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. May 19, 2016, 16:52 The Half Elf

It was rushed out, but yet they couldn't add all the good stuff from the previous games in one of those DLC packs?

Sorry sounds like crap.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 19, 2016, 16:39 The Half Elf

Slick wrote on May 19, 2016, 13:02:
So 180-190 FPS @ 1440p with 4x AA in BF4. Means that 140ish FPS @ 1440p in other games without 4x AA should definitely be attainable.

Why the fuck doesn't every game use Frostbite? It's just so ridiculously optimized.

Optimized? Really? Is that why Dragon Age Inq was a cluster fuck until the 5th or 6th patch?

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2016, 12:03 The Half Elf

I still want to see pictures of the plastic Jesus on it Blue  

News Comments > Space Pirates And Zombies 2 Early Access
1. Re: Space Pirates And Zombies 2 Early Access May 17, 2016, 23:15 The Half Elf

The 1st one was so boringly long that I never did finish it.

Ok... I watched the video.... on my 'to get' list.

News Comments > The Division Free Update Details
3. Re: The Division Free Update Details May 17, 2016, 22:59 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on May 17, 2016, 22:23:
So is this thing dead yet or what?

It's still going, but they are making some REALLY bad choices with end game content that is mimicking Everquest's. They need to FIX/BALANCE PVP and instead of doing that THEN adding PVP content they are just charging headlong into it. Dark Zones are still full of cheats and hacks, and some really out of whack builds.

What I want to see is more of the story about the 1st wave of The Division (the player is part of the second wave) and more of the story about how it all went down, and the rogue agents.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews May 17, 2016, 17:50 The Half Elf

I'd like 10 lies and a towel for my tech demo please!  

News Comments > New AMD Drivers
4. Re: New AMD Drivers May 17, 2016, 17:49 The Half Elf

JayDeath wrote on May 17, 2016, 11:08:
Cool. My R9 290 is handling DOOM so well. This game is sporting some of the best graphics to date. The game is just so pretty.

It looks good, but best to date? Hardly.

BTW... did Demon's stop by a pinata factory on the way to Hell to get stuffed full of ammo/armor/health pickups?

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2016, 10:49 The Half Elf

I would never Grief you Blue. I have hopes of one day traveling to Manstovia to partake in delicious meat products and gourmet coffee!

But I have seen you running it a bit lately so was wondering if it was part of your upgrade you were thinking about.

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
4. Re: Overwatch Trailer May 16, 2016, 23:20 The Half Elf

Daaaaaaaammmmmmmmnnnnnnn.

*watches again*

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2016, 16:22 The Half Elf

As someone doing Algebra for my GED the answers are WRONG! But I got it.  

10321 Comments. 517 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo