Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11514 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN Trailer
2. Re: ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN Trailer Aug 22, 2017, 19:53 The Half Elf

The story has always sucked.. "Go Fly with the Angels" BLEHHHH! As for the combat and visuals..... with exception to 1 or 2, it has been a solid series.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 22, 2017, 13:27 The Half Elf

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 11:21:
wtf is shacknews?

Really?

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > The Crew 2 in March
2. Re: The Crew 2 in March Aug 22, 2017, 11:53 The Half Elf

I'd just be happy if they hired a competent programmer for the driving.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Announced
13. Re: ... Aug 21, 2017, 18:08 The Half Elf

JeffD wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 18:01:
Ugh...I bought my ps4 for this game but haven't really had a time I wasn't busy with other games to play much of it. I think im in like the 4th act. One thing that was making it hard was doing the hard dungeon crawls incurred reduced hp levels (no amount of avoiding would prevent this, simply getting hit would bring down your max hp of you and your party) requiring you to use elixirs. Elixirs aren't cheap and money in the game is finite. Most of your money is from monster hunts, something that you can't repeat. Done with monsters hunts? grinding monster trash loot is very slow money gains.

You can repeat monster hunts.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Announced
8. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Announced Aug 21, 2017, 14:46 The Half Elf

Even on a PS4 Pro, the FUCKING HAIR DITHERING is annoying as fuck!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2017, 14:41 The Half Elf

But it would be more of a "Out of the Twilight".

Even at 90% it was pretty bright outside.

*now waits for his powers to kick in so he can be the Master of Time and Space*

\o/

News Comments > Jurassic World Evolution Announced
1. Re: Jurassic World Evolution Announced Aug 21, 2017, 14:39 The Half Elf

Can we have this as a addon to Planet Coaster instead?  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 21, 2017, 10:05 The Half Elf

|RaptoR| wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 15:44:
Glad to see No Mans Sky up there. Game has come a long way

And still isn't what was promised.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends
15. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 20, 2017, 15:54 The Half Elf

GothicWizard wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 14:49:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 14:22:
Hey Captain New's Flash, we knew this was going to happen as soon as it was announced. Why? Um... Maxis, Murky Foot, Bullfrog, Dice (not as bad as the others) etc, etc, etc.

Go back and see the heat I took for saying so back then soon after the purchase. Many online felt otherwise. And thanks for proving my point as to why I said so. History.. doomed to repeat.. etc

F'em. Stick to what ya know and let history sort it out. Bioware had a good run with EA until the Doctor's left the company.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
3. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 20, 2017, 14:24 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 13:46:
Can't be seen mingling with filthy PC pirate scum.

Um.... I don't see mention of PC in the article, just Xbox One and PS4...... is there something I'm missing?

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends
7. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 20, 2017, 14:22 The Half Elf

GothicWizard wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 13:18:
Icewind wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 12:46:

As someone who interviews and hires people for my company, I can tell you that these millennials work very cheaply.

I'm betting that revolving door of cheap, wide-eyed, day-dreaming millennial fresh meat is too tantalizing for BioWare to abandon.

The culture there is dead anyway, since the people who were around during the days when "CRPG" meant something are long gone.

When EA bought BW I was on the beginning of the end bandwagon and took a LOT of heat for that view. Everyone was like 'oh they still have the core dev there it will be fine'. I said within 6 months you will start seeing the exit of those core devs, mgt and it will just be a circling the drain affair as time goes on until it's just a shell of BW in name only. I was laughed at on their forums and here.

I am not above saying, I told you so.

Hey Captain New's Flash, we knew this was going to happen as soon as it was announced. Why? Um... Maxis, Murky Foot, Bullfrog, Dice (not as bad as the others) etc, etc, etc.

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Trailer
13. Re: Project CARS 2 Trailer Aug 19, 2017, 23:31 The Half Elf

theglaze wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 21:08:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 20:39:
theglaze wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 17:27:
VaranDragon wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 17:14:
theglaze wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 15:34:
I question the laser scanned tracks.

They used drones to capture the dimensions of the track for proper scale recreation, and used high quality photos to give it that realistic look... but the actually bumps, dips, and character of the surface itself was not captured.

And I believe that always separates a sim from an arcade game when it comes to circuit racing.

If the cars are like paint brushes, driving them in PCARS2 is like painting on drywall. I'll stick to canvas.

Well even the original Project Cars had bumps, dips and characteristics akin to those of the real ones. If the devs said they upgraded this feature for the sequel, why would you think they would lie about something that could be easily checked?

pCARS had less than a handful of laser scanned tracks, and after I tried the game, I decided not to purchase it.

They are hyping this game and releasing alongside the titans of Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport, and on paper, they appear to have the advantage.

Either way, we're lucky to have such a rich offering of quality racing titles.

Sorry you lost all credibility when you said Gran Turismo (which has gone to utter shit since the launch of the Forza franchise).

Yes, the glory days of GT were on the PS1 and PS2. Maybe Polyphony cannot deliver on GT Sport with the PS4... and pCARS is positioned to jump on misstep from them and/or Turn 10.

I enjoy a lot of different forms of motorsport, from Indy to F1, MotoGP to Motocross, and WRC to WEC... each series is different with strengths and weaknesses when it comes to entertainment side of the equation.

And I feel the same about these different racing titles; each will thrive in certain areas and lack depth in others.

If you are complaining about lack of "laser scanned tracks", and not purchasing a game because of them AND then talking about the Gran Turismo series?!? GT Sport is a fucking joke. They talk about PSVR, but in the video's they are using a script or controller to look around (anyone who's used VR knows your head is never that smooth) and the extra horsepower to used the PSVR, is going to come at a cost to the rest of the game.

11. Re: Eclipse Aug 19, 2017, 20:44 The Half Elf

MeanJim wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 17:30:
Anyone going to view the total eclipse? Where I live we'll only be getting 83%, but I was toying with the idea of driving to one of a couple of locations where it will be 100%. Both are the same distance and time to drive, but I'd have to leave at 4am and hope traffic isn't bad, leave even earlier to plan for traffic or just drive there Sunday and stay in a hotel.

I kind of want to see it since the path of totality isn't too far from me, but I also don't really want to spend 14+ hours on the road to see 2 minutes of a total eclipse, even if it is a once in a life time event.

Here in the Cincinnati area we are getting 90%, but thought about driving to Bowling Green KY to get it at 100%

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Trailer
11. Re: Project CARS 2 Trailer Aug 19, 2017, 20:39 The Half Elf

theglaze wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 17:27:
VaranDragon wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 17:14:
theglaze wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 15:34:
I question the laser scanned tracks.

They used drones to capture the dimensions of the track for proper scale recreation, and used high quality photos to give it that realistic look... but the actually bumps, dips, and character of the surface itself was not captured.

And I believe that always separates a sim from an arcade game when it comes to circuit racing.

If the cars are like paint brushes, driving them in PCARS2 is like painting on drywall. I'll stick to canvas.

Well even the original Project Cars had bumps, dips and characteristics akin to those of the real ones. If the devs said they upgraded this feature for the sequel, why would you think they would lie about something that could be easily checked?

pCARS had less than a handful of laser scanned tracks, and after I tried the game, I decided not to purchase it.

They are hyping this game and releasing alongside the titans of Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport, and on paper, they appear to have the advantage.

Either way, we're lucky to have such a rich offering of quality racing titles.

Sorry you lost all credibility when you said Gran Turismo (which has gone to utter shit since the launch of the Forza franchise).

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 18, 2017, 21:05 The Half Elf

How exactly is AMD making Intel sweat? Unless I've missed something, AMD's CPU's still aren't up to snuff, and GPU's have their own set of problems.  

News Comments > Spintires: MudRunner Announced
7. Re: Spintires: MudRunner Announced Aug 18, 2017, 17:08 The Half Elf

ForgedReality wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 11:24:
Yawn. Enough with the tech demos already.

Quit with the empty comments already.

Bought the first for 5 bucks, and tech wise it's pretty impressive. Now to work it into other games....

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2017, 13:22 The Half Elf

New Blues League?

GO CUBS!

*ponders how badly he wants to watch The Defenders*

And the whiskey/bourbon article. I'm fairly "new" to bourbon, but being here in Kentucky, I've had a chance to taste some amazing creations. Sadly I can't remember the names of any of them

News Comments > StellarHub Launches
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2017, 09:51 The Half Elf

Read the Steam reviews. Not looking good.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 16, 2017, 22:32 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 21:39:
ledhead1969 wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 21:04:
I'm glad you all disagree with net neutrality.

"First they came for the Nazis..."

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

News Comments > Agents of Mayhem Released
13. Re: Agents of Mayhem Released Aug 16, 2017, 06:53 The Half Elf

Beamer wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 06:40:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 22:42:
Osc8r wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 21:39:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 20:25:
Osc8r wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 19:32:
Instead of making Saints Row 5 - they make whatever this trash is?

RIP

They don't have the Saints Row IP dumbass.

Uh, it has playable characters from previous saints row games and is built in the same universe.

Then there's this little snippet straight from their official steam page:

What is Agents of Mayhem?

Agents of MAYHEM is the latest open-world, third-person action game from the creators of the Saints Row franchise!

So yeah.

Dumbass.

-edit- Oh, and i think you will find their parent company owns both volition and the saints row ip.

Yes the game is set in the same universe, and yes the Publisher Deep Silver now owns the right to Saints Row IP, it doesn't mean that they are going to put out another game with the same IP. Especially considering SR4 wasn't all that good or sold well.

I mean, there's a lot wrong with your post:

* Yes, Deep Silver owns Saints Row. It also owns Volition. So, therefore, Volition does own the IP, because their parent company does.

* SR4 has an 86% on Metacritic, would imply that it actually was "all that good."

* SR4 sold a million copies in its first week, which would imply it sold fairly well.

Volition doesn't own SHIT. The Publisher Deep Silver does. And you're saying there is a lot wrong in my post?!?
Deep Silver owns Volition, and unless something in the gaming universe changed, if the company that owns you says "make X game" that's what you do.

And a million copies is good for the first week, hell it's even great, but long term it didn't have the staying power of Saints Row 3. And overall received a 75% to 86% metacritic score depending on which system.

11514 Comments. 576 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo