Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10321 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Conflict Update
5. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Conflict Update May 24, 2016, 23:54 The Half Elf

Wallshadows wrote on May 24, 2016, 23:39:
I wish the story took place sooner in time rather than being dropped in after shit had already hit the fan.

I imagine there will be a pre-quel story about the First Wave Agents.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Conflict Update
2. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Conflict Update May 24, 2016, 22:36 The Half Elf

Darks wrote on May 24, 2016, 22:31:
In the end this game is still shit.

The game and game mechanics of the game are just fine, but they really painted themselves in a corner story wise.
The Story is quite believable until you get to the Last Man Battalion which is some sorta army of average citizens, except the have APC's Humvee's, beyond high end military hardware (talking Bruce Wayne sorta shit) and no government agencies thought they might look into this group?

Imagine Gotham City in the last Batman movie (cut off from the outside world) and somehow in the city of New York there is a private army that has (again) Bruce Wayne level of tech just showing up out of the blue.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black May 24, 2016, 22:33 The Half Elf

Sorry, but any article that doesn't mention Jackson or Madonna isn't worth the time to consider seriously.

Prince was good and had some amazing songs, but he wasn't ALL THAT. When the Doves Cry, Purple Rain, Raspberry Beret, Little Red Corvette, Party like it's 1999, and Batdance, what else did he really do to define the genre and music beyond the controversy of changing his name?

And why is it that only rich/famous people get the most attention from Government agencies when they die then average people?

News Comments > Battleborn Adds Alani, Introduces Pendles
3. Re: Battleborn Adds Alani, Introduces Pendles May 24, 2016, 22:19 The Half Elf

Wetworks wrote on May 24, 2016, 22:12:
The 26 min let's play video of Alani shows exactly why I enjoy Battleborn so much more than Overwatch. Overwatch is fun in short bursts, but like bubblegum the lack of progression and complexity leaves me sated after a few matches.

Battleborn is just so much more complex, meaningful account and character progression, gear farming and selection, mutation unlocks, leveling up during the match, multiple objectives on the map, 30 minute matches, PvE and PvP content, actually unique and different gameplay modes, etc...

Steam shows I have 2 hrs in TF2 and I have 220 hrs in Planetside 2. I just like deeper games.

Wetworks I asked you once and I'll ask you again, are you a paid shill? Ya never did answer me when I asked you during your fanboi'ism of The Evil Within which according to Metacritic scored a 68.

News Comments > Battleborn Adds Alani, Introduces Pendles
1. Re: Battleborn Adds Alani, Introduces Pendles May 24, 2016, 21:38 The Half Elf

Lip Balm... what Gearbox needs by the truckload to kiss the ass of all the people NOT playing Battleborn.  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. May 24, 2016, 20:21 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on May 24, 2016, 16:29:
The Half Elf wrote on May 24, 2016, 15:24:
Kxmode wrote on May 24, 2016, 12:25:
Rovio was so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should. Certain things cannot be films, and Angry Birds is one of them. There's NO story to this game. It's a casual thing people play in-between waiting for things.

Birds live in peace. Pigs come and steal their eggs. Rather basic story, but still a story.

It would be better suited as a Saturday morning cartoon. Build up enough fans. Created enough stories. THEN create a movie. That's what Hasbro did with Transformers and G.I. Joe in the 80s.

Actually there have been cartoon's and stories in the game (little googling would help ya).

News Comments > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan Released
6. Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan Released May 24, 2016, 20:19 The Half Elf

Slick wrote on May 24, 2016, 15:53:
actually, the gameplay looks kinda "meh"

https://www.twitch.tv/herandhim/v/68199163

Fuck she's annoying...

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. May 24, 2016, 15:24 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on May 24, 2016, 12:25:
Rovio was so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should. Certain things cannot be films, and Angry Birds is one of them. There's NO story to this game. It's a casual thing people play in-between waiting for things.

Birds live in peace. Pigs come and steal their eggs. Rather basic story, but still a story.

News Comments > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan Released
1. Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan Released May 24, 2016, 13:32 The Half Elf

4 player online co-op? Sounds good but not quite at that price.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2016, 15:28 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on May 23, 2016, 14:46:
nin wrote on May 23, 2016, 13:54:
The Half Elf wrote on May 23, 2016, 13:44:
Hey Blue,

I know how photogenic you are (HAH!), Any chance we can get a headshot of you with your normal glasses and the small ones? Not that I have plans for a VR device in the near future it would be nice as a reference.

I'm still waiting for the squirrel cam!

Can't you just look out the van window?

nin is hardcore creepy, he has one of those cargo vans. Windows let too much light get in (insert joke about people might see victims inside said van, or how nin is really a internet vampire and will burst into flames/glitter like a disco ball in the sun).

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 23, 2016, 14:00 The Half Elf

My question is... why do you need security on a portable monitor that sits on your face?  

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2016, 13:44 The Half Elf

Hey Blue,

I know how photogenic you are (HAH!), Any chance we can get a headshot of you with your normal glasses and the small ones? Not that I have plans for a VR device in the near future it would be nice as a reference.

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2016, 23:51 The Half Elf

Quboid wrote on May 22, 2016, 22:39:
So, what's your next username going to be?

I'd like to know as well, that was I can put both on ignore.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Thief HD mod May 22, 2016, 22:38 The Half Elf

Just Cause film.... but I've been watching Michael Bay movies for decades!!!  

News Comments > Watch Overwatch in New Soldier: 76 Trailer
5. Re: Watch Overwatch in New Soldier: 76 Trailer May 22, 2016, 22:34 The Half Elf

Blizzard is well known for keeping secrets.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
9. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 22, 2016, 21:23 The Half Elf

WaltC wrote on May 22, 2016, 20:45:
I'd love to know how pre-orders "sell out"...;) Perhaps they meant that people stopped pre-ordering them just a few minutes after they went on sale?...;) Marketing BS is always good for a laugh...

Maybe you would have liked to be on the Occulus Rife pre-order list instead?

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2016, 21:22 The Half Elf

rudra wrote on May 22, 2016, 20:56:
RoboNerd wrote on May 22, 2016, 20:39:
Re: R.I.P.: Alan Young dies at 96; star of TV's 'Mister Ed.'

WILLLBURRRRR...... Cry

so are you going to miss his comic stylings? seems like you would have already been missing them for about 50 years anyways? so whats the big deal? the dude is fucking 96 years old? not good enough for you? people need to live forever? maybe you just like to be a cry baby? that sounds about right

Cutter do you have any relatives we need to know about?

Aren't you just a pissed off puckered up asshole....

News Comments > Watch Overwatch in New Soldier: 76 Trailer
1. Re: Watch Overwatch in New Soldier: 76 Trailer May 22, 2016, 17:49 The Half Elf

Didn't think they could top the Japanese brothers but I was wrong.  

News Comments > Battleborn Double XP Weekend
18. Re: Battleborn Double XP Weekend May 22, 2016, 11:58 The Half Elf

HorrorScope wrote on May 22, 2016, 11:13:
The Half Elf wrote on May 21, 2016, 18:06:
I've played this game before, it was called Borderlands 1 and 2 and 1/2. While the humor is good there was nothing compelling at all that makes me want to play it like Overwatch.

What's compelling about Overwatch?

Solid level design, interesting characters and abilities, Blizzard level of polish. Oh... and it's FUN. It doesn't feel like a rehashed game I've played already.
I was bored to death in Battleborn. As stated by someone else, it's slow, boring and did nothing to 'hook' me to it.

If Blizzard had to make Aliens Colonial Marines do you think it would have gone through all the shit the Gearbox version did?

News Comments > LEGO Marvelís Avengers Assembles in January
8. Re: LEGO Marvelís Avengers Assembles in January May 22, 2016, 11:53 The Half Elf

They had online co-op once... in the first Lego Star Wars game.
But I know what ya mean.

10321 Comments. 517 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo