Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11517 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2017, 12:52 The Half Elf

Blue wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 12:46:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 12:44:
Awesome, the one monitor solution is clean.
I did not notice any speakers/headphones, surely your not relying on the monitors built-in speakering.

There's an Astro A40 hanging on the left side of the desk. That's the source of the wire draped below that I need to manage better.

So where is the Rockband and VR setup?

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Creation Club Beta
5. Re: Fallout 4 Creation Club Beta Aug 29, 2017, 12:39 The Half Elf

But did anyone else notice this credit system?  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2017, 12:01 The Half Elf

Blue, you loose 5 points for not doing the Picture of your desk on the desktop like when ya took a pic of your desk for the article about web masters desks.

Nice to see the wuppies on there, also what's the distance from front to back on the top of the desk?
Thank you sir

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Aug 28, 2017, 21:23 The Half Elf

Vs stringing your consumer base along for over a decade, suggesting that HL3 was still in the works but never once saying 'yay or nay'?

Least players are making a statement, but they would settle for an official statement.

News Comments > Rune: Ragnarok Announced
3. Re: Rune: Ragnarok Announced Aug 28, 2017, 21:18 The Half Elf

OMG OMG OMG OMG SQUEE!!!!  

News Comments > X4: Foundations Announced
18. Re: X4: Foundations Announced Aug 28, 2017, 15:06 The Half Elf

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 28, 2017, 15:05:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 28, 2017, 13:22:
IF... and this is a big IF with this franchise it is as good as they want it to be I'll pick up a copy.

But I'd wish they'd throw some multiplayer in there and take a chunk of Star Citizen's glory.

There will be no MP

Hence why I said "wish".

News Comments > MS's Virtual Reality Sets This Year
4. Re: MS's Virtual Reality Sets This Year Aug 28, 2017, 13:30 The Half Elf

And this is why Microsoft was waiting on the Xbox One X.  

News Comments > X4: Foundations Announced
11. Re: X4: Foundations Announced Aug 28, 2017, 13:22 The Half Elf

IF... and this is a big IF with this franchise it is as good as they want it to be I'll pick up a copy.

But I'd wish they'd throw some multiplayer in there and take a chunk of Star Citizen's glory.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 27, 2017, 21:15 The Half Elf

Blahman wrote on Aug 27, 2017, 16:47:
Sad to see LawBreakers drop off the list, it's truly a diamond in the rough. Way better than Quake Champions. The marketing for it has been pitiful however, and no big-name streamers playing it.

It's a cluster fuck. Everyone streamed it during Beta. Number 1 game on that list also didn't attack pc gamers, sell out to Microsoft, or have 1/10th of Lawbreakers advertising.

No amount of astroturfing Lawbreakers will save it.

News Comments > X4 Details Today
27. Re: X4 Details Today Aug 26, 2017, 23:13 The Half Elf

BazzaLB wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 22:31:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 22:19:

I was going by Steam reviews. They said the VR implementation was good, but to call it X Rebirth VR was a mistake, and overall the game was still BLEH.

Well its true that if you thought XR was "bleh" you probably wouldn't think the VR version was better in terms of content. There are people who enjoy XRVR believe it or not. Maybe we are just paid shills as someone else put it :). I just wish Egosoft would pay better!

Funny how some people have already suggested that X4 is going to just be XR2, but then there are suggestions XRVR isn't really XR. The usual gaming community nonsense.

I'm looking forward to X4 because I'm sure it will be a different beast to XR and I can enjoy the qualities of both. One feature of X games I love is SAVE and LOAD. I'm looking at you E:D!

43 reviews, 11 negative, all mention bad controls, quite a bit in the discussion about how it's NOT X Rebirth with VR controls but a different game, which cost more, and is more a money grab to keep funding X4.

But this is a X series game. And if all holds true with the franchise, this game will come out of the oven 1/4th baked and by the end of it's support (roughly 2 years) it will be 3/4 baked.

24. Re: X4 Details Today Aug 26, 2017, 22:19 The Half Elf

BazzaLB wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 21:41:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 21:13:
They did a X Rebirth VR version which was apparently great VR wise, but was no where near what X Rebirth was in content. And after X Rebirth, I'll gladly wait another year or two after release to take a look at it (at a much cheaper price).

Yeah, I know. I commented on the VR version 2 posts above yours! Then again, I own both so no idea why you think the VR content is nowhere near the HoL version of Non-VR XR. Perhaps its the fact they reduced the clustering of stations and simplified the highways. They also reduced the need/ability to walk in stations but people whined about the need for that anyway. So now hiring is menu driven and no mini game required to find out skills. These were areas people bitched about anyway. Seems egosoft can't win.

Anyway, other than that, the functional content is all there.

I was going by Steam reviews. They said the VR implementation was good, but to call it X Rebirth VR was a mistake, and overall the game was still BLEH.

15. Re: X4 Details Today Aug 26, 2017, 21:13 The Half Elf

They did a X Rebirth VR version which was apparently great VR wise, but was no where near what X Rebirth was in content. And after X Rebirth, I'll gladly wait another year or two after release to take a look at it (at a much cheaper price).  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 25, 2017, 20:46 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Aug 25, 2017, 20:36:
I told you Bridge Crew would suck and was nothing more than a cash in on the Trek name.

It was solid except for 4 things.

1) Unlike EVERY other Trek game, the slower you go the better your turn rate.
2) Extra Power to phasers just increased the range, not the damage or recharge rate.
3) Certain System were just stupid, like you couldn't do hull repairs, transporters were locked to 6 people at a time, and some horrible built in timers that go against all Trek cannon.
4)Lack of content. Here is a game that would survive well if they had DLC. More Ships, different era's, something other then the stupid cheating horrible Klingon and it's AI.

Socially it was fucking awesome.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 25, 2017, 20:29 The Half Elf

I still think Bridge Crew was probably the best multiplayer and Elite being the best single player games for VR. Sadly Bridge Crew was so shallow it hurt.

Wonder if Valve would purchase the Vive? Cause I'd love to play with the knuckle controllers they are developing.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2017, 11:10 The Half Elf

Blue, you have a link for the desk?  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 25, 2017, 11:06 The Half Elf

Actually I have to agree with the paper. Last time I fired a real gun was doing some trap shooting 14 years ago, and before that back when I was 5-10 years old.
But I have to give credit to Mechwarrior 3 online matches and having to learn to "lag shoot" when doing the trap shooting. But ask my nephews I'm a deadeye when it comes to Nerf weapons up to 30 feet

News Comments > TEKKEN 7 DLC Next Week
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 25, 2017, 00:11 The Half Elf

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 24, 2017, 20:54:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 24, 2017, 19:08:
Yet GTA 4 had bowling AND npc's Roman to go bowling with and everyone hated it!

FTFY

(I hated it because I got sick of Roman's calls..)

I would rather go bowling with Roman then do ANYTHING with Lamar or Mike's son.

News Comments > EA: Mass Effect: Andromeda a "Great Game" Series May Continue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2017, 23:09 The Half Elf

Performance wise I would have to say it was running well over 60fps with all the bells and whistles on (scale at 110-120 I believe).

I had to restart my game, and I finished the ice planet the first time, and now back on the same planet all the sidequest bullshit is boring me to tears.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 24, 2017, 20:16 The Half Elf

So Blue how old are you in Doom/Quake/Half-Life years?

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 2017, 00:51.

News Comments > EA: Mass Effect: Andromeda a "Great Game" Series May Continue
1. Re: EA: Mass Effect: Andromeda a Aug 24, 2017, 20:08 The Half Elf

Maybe if you would have DELIVERED the standard of polish the previous Mass Effect games had then MAYBE it would have gotten a better reception?  

11517 Comments. 576 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo