Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11170 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access
36. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 16, 2017, 23:46 The Half Elf

Wow so much bleh with the demo that I'm done. I've hit about 3 hours and I as much as I'd love some more Mass Effect, I'm not going to finish the other 7 hours left of the trial.

Maybe in 6 months when this game goes on a huge sale I'll pick it up, but I'd rather play ME 1-3 again instead.

WTF happened to Bioware? Is this the results of the Dr's leaving?

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Prey Typhon Trailer
4. Re: Prey Typhon Trailer Mar 16, 2017, 15:20 The Half Elf

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 14:39:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 13:31:
You throw in a multiplayer mode where you have mimics vs humans (like the Half Life mod) and I'm in.

Shoot the coffee mugs! And every office chair, those devious chairs...

It's the stapler... it's ALWAYS the stapler....

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Prey Typhon Trailer
2. Re: Prey Typhon Trailer Mar 16, 2017, 13:31 The Half Elf

You throw in a multiplayer mode where you have mimics vs humans (like the Half Life mod) and I'm in.  

10. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 16, 2017, 13:18 The Half Elf

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 11:53:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 11:00:
Joined Origin early access to play this. And I'm not sure if one person did all the heads in the game, but the facial animations are ugly, and all the lips looks like Goldie Hawn's lips after she had injections in The First Wife's Club. They all look like the puppets from The Thunderbirds.
And after playing Mirror's Edge Catalyst I'm not sure why they look so bad. I wanted to use the male Ryder and touch him up a bit and remove that pubic hair off his face, but nope.

Runs smoothly (turn off that fucking ugly film grain), the ride to the planet in a shuttle was actually pretty impressive.

Time to fix the water heater and then play the rest of the single player game.
Screw the h2o warmer upper, real gamers would forgoe bathing to play a much anticipated game.

But seriously I am looking forward to seeing what you have to say, especially since you're not needlessly complaining about getting over 50 fps with uber ultra graphic settings. :FacePalmSlap:

As much as I love going to Planet Fitness and showering (along with the scenery), almost done with the water heater. I don't ask for a lot in life, but a nice hot shower thing in the morning is one of them.

One of my biggest fucking gripes is when I turn everything to ULTRA, not everything is turned to Ultra. Leaving everything stock at ultra besides film grain, the game has been silky smooth.
i7-3700k @ 3.50 (stock)
EVGA 1070
16 gigs of ram

But the facial animations (or lack of) and ugly face quality (yeah you can see pores on their face) is jarring. And as the video above shows, I have to wonder WTF is going on at Bioware.

Also another major complaint is Bioware's used of "same characters" in both The Old Republic and this.

You have white angry/constipated women with short blond hair.
You have black guy with dreads (either game just one is more angry).
You have wookie or female taurien.
You have droid or salarians.

4. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 16, 2017, 11:34 The Half Elf

Yes, but you can't patch ugly lifeless facial animations.  

2. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 16, 2017, 11:00 The Half Elf

Joined Origin early access to play this. And I'm not sure if one person did all the heads in the game, but the facial animations are ugly, and all the lips looks like Goldie Hawn's lips after she had injections in The First Wife's Club. They all look like the puppets from The Thunderbirds.
And after playing Mirror's Edge Catalyst I'm not sure why they look so bad. I wanted to use the male Ryder and touch him up a bit and remove that pubic hair off his face, but nope.

Runs smoothly (turn off that fucking ugly film grain), the ride to the planet in a shuttle was actually pretty impressive.

Time to fix the water heater and then play the rest of the single player game.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Mar 16, 2017, 09:41 The Half Elf

El Pit wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 09:28:
This is the Youtube generation. Every guy with at least a single working brain cell would have guessed that the train will turn that train station into a blizzard hotspot, but nooooo - for the video this guy and that stupid girl before him just stood there waiting for shit to happen. I am still waiting for the selfie of some idiot whose parachute did not open the moment he hits ground, smiling happyily because he knows this foto will get a billion likes.

Message to those guys: Darwin called - YOU ARE OUT!

You are looking at this all wrong.

What we need is a smart person standing about 40 feet away recording the guy who was standing next to the tracks.

I was HIGHLY entertained either way, and I didn't get hit with a snow tsunami, or freeze my ass off in the process!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 15, 2017, 20:34 The Half Elf

Of all the people on here you're going to compare Cutter to Trump?!? Really?!?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Maxtrix reboot Mar 15, 2017, 11:32 The Half Elf

The problem is they should have introduced a new Wolverine in the last X-Men movie, and let Huge do Logan. Personaly I really didn't enjoy/dislike Logan. Then again I did fall asleep for about 10 mins of it when they hit Vegas.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Video
10. Re: On Sale Mar 15, 2017, 01:57 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 01:23:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 14, 2017, 20:27:
And here is our dull multiplayer mode that requires you to grind forever OR purchase all the shit instantly with your credit card and Bioware points.

You might want to see a doctor Half Elf. Your sodium is too high!

There was a leaked video of the multiplayer they were going to have, that used the Mako, that I would like to see. I'd rather see some sort of team vs team multiplayer.

News Comments > Full Throttle Remastered Next Month
2. Re: Full Throttle Remastered Next Month Mar 15, 2017, 01:56 The Half Elf

Am I the only one tired of Double Fine riding on the coat tails of awesome Lucasarts games?

I want Psychonauts 2 dammit.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 14, 2017, 20:31 The Half Elf

ASHLEY DID ALOY?!? Holy fuck never would have guessed.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Video
1. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Video Mar 14, 2017, 20:27 The Half Elf

And here is our dull multiplayer mode that requires you to grind forever OR puchase all the shit instantly with your credit card and bioware points.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Update
1. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Update Mar 14, 2017, 15:47 The Half Elf

*goes back to playing Red Dead Redemption and it's fucked up servers on Xbox One*  

News Comments > Lucio Changes and More Revealed in Overwatch AMA
5. Re: Lucio Changes Mar 14, 2017, 13:35 The Half Elf

As a Lucio main player the only real times I use the speed buff is to get people to an objective, or when there are other teammates respawning with me.
But I also play a wall-riding, healer on meth from hell and I love taking on and shoving Reins and other big characters around and off the map.

As for Winston... I'd like to see two things 1)make his shield stronger, and keep the other team from coming into the shield. It would make him much more viable.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 12, 2017, 15:11 The Half Elf

There were only 3 editions of the game....  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 11, 2017, 23:36 The Half Elf

From reading the article... the robot went from section 130 to 140. Granted I don't know how far that is... but it seems to me that a robot that is able to travel 10 positions seems like it was designed for quite a few duties, or was used in conjunction with quite a few other robots. And this wasn't just a knocking a person over, it crushed the person's head.  

News Comments > Mirage: Arcane Warfare Trailer
2. Re: Mirage: Arcane Warfare Trailer Mar 11, 2017, 13:47 The Half Elf

Getting a Rune, Wheel of Time vibe (it's a good thing)  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer
10. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 10, 2017, 21:53 The Half Elf

Ya know there is this show... called Firefly....  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer
7. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 10, 2017, 21:13 The Half Elf

SHE.... JUST.... WON'T... QUIT....SMILING!  

11170 Comments. 559 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo