Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10710 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Beyond Good and Evil Sequel Confirmed
18. Re: Beyond Good and Evil Sequel Confirmed Oct 7, 2016, 00:17 The Half Elf

Um... it's a Ubisoft game, and they've been giving out free games on Uplay for their anniversary so it's kinda a given where it's being offered from.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Robo Recall Announced
2. Re: Robo Recall Announced Oct 7, 2016, 00:14 The Half Elf

RoboNerd wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 20:18:
I have to give this my seal of approval.... Thumbsup

Here is an idea for (what I think would be) a decent VR Game. Base it on Marvel or DC and give the player the abilities of the characters.
Cap America, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, hell all the Avengers would work easy. Same with the X-Men.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: What’s the Longest Humans Can Live- 115 Years, New Study Says. Oct 7, 2016, 00:03 The Half Elf

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 00:03:
sauron wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 15:13:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 14:56:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 13:04:
The Bible's view and the belief of millions are that humans have the capacity to live much longer than 115 years. The Bible states we have the capacity to live forever and were designed to do just that. It even says in Ecclesiastes 3:11 that God "has even put eternity in their heart," which explains why so many people believe they can live forever today. Unfortunately, inherited Adamic sin mars our ability to do so. (Romans 5:12) The good news is this miserable condition will soon be expunged. (Romans 6:23; Revelation 21:4) After that, age, cellular degradation, and a multitude of other infirmities will no longer have a stranglehold on our lives. We will, in effect, have perpetual lifespans.

I know many of you don't hold these views. I would kindly ask that you be tolerant of a point of view you don't have.

Humans will live hundreds of years in the future. There are already examples of longevity in nature: trees that live 1000s of years, animals that live 100s of years. We already understand many of the mechanisms to make this occur, even if we yet don't have the technology to implement it. It raises all kinds of moral questions, such as the freedom to reproduce, and how to manage essentially immortal populations. Some movies have tried to address this, like In Time.

And if science doesn't work, there's always ritual hobbit sacrifice and unspeakable dark magic. Refreshing and wholesome!

Ya know... your history with hobbits and dark magic really doesn't work out well for you in the end. I suspect there is a coffee mug on your desk saying something like "I would have ruled the world if not for those hobbits's" with Smegals picture on it.

18. Re: What’s the Longest Humans Can Live- 115 Years, New Study Says. Oct 7, 2016, 00:03 The Half Elf

I was stupid here  

News Comments > Mafia III Framerate Concerns
14. Re: Mafia III Framerate Concerns Oct 7, 2016, 00:01 The Half Elf

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 23:06:
I pre-ordered it and I don't regret it. I always expect issues on release on any game. Mafia II was no different and that got ironed out in to a solid game. As I want to continue seeing Mafia games, I support their efforts.

I'll see tomorrow how it runs on my systems and go from there. If it needs a couple of patches, I go back to playing KSP.

Let us know what ya think of the game.

But even with new Dev's this shit has been going on for several years with the framerate capped at 30, and majority of the time they fix it AFTER the fucking game has launched.

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Geoff Keighley on No Man's Sky's Pricing
7. Re: Quoteworthy: Geoff Keighley on No Man's Sky's Pricing Oct 6, 2016, 20:50 The Half Elf

At the same time I've seen guys high on crystal meth begging for cock less then IGN did for No Man's Sky.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2016, 11:40 The Half Elf

Water Crisis link.... BAD BLUE... BAAAAAAAAAD.

*goes and bleaches...... EVERYTHING*

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Xbox boss says some reviewers give low scores for clicks Oct 6, 2016, 11:36 The Half Elf

Obviously sales matter, just look at No Man's Sky. But at the same time there have been stories of companies getting/loosing bonuses based on Metacritic scores as well.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Oct 6, 2016, 10:33 The Half Elf

But the thing is, he seems to be banking on his time at id software. He may be a nice guy, but his time has passed.  

News Comments > ReCore Demo
5. Re: ReCore Demo Oct 5, 2016, 15:57 The Half Elf

Fun little demo (sadly you can only play it for 30 mins). Not a bad game, has a bit of Zelda/Darksiders vibe to it.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Oct 5, 2016, 09:40 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 08:38:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 03:19:
..and Groundhog Day

If I had one complaint about the show, it is the worry about how long they're going to keep doing that...

At LEAST two seasons Until the writers of the book can keep up with the show

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 5, 2016, 03:45 The Half Elf

Caladell wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 01:06:
Wallshadows wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 00:54:
The only talks I want to hear about with Netflix involved is with Fox and Firefly.
I know what you're saying, but after the movie, would it really be that good? Unless they did stories in between the series and movie. I would love to see more though.

Easy fix for Firefly. Have River dreamt it all and viola!

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Bikers Launch
1. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Bikers Launch Oct 5, 2016, 03:42 The Half Elf

Is there anyone left from Blues that's playing this on the PC?  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2016, 20:09 The Half Elf

Ghostbuster 2016. Not a bad movie. But could have been "fine" by fixing two things. 1) Different City, 2)Ackowledge the original Ghostbusters instead of ignoring them and then having the original cast play other characters in the movie.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2016, 12:02 The Half Elf

Blue... we are old.. please don't carbon date us. If we get any older they will put us in the Smithsonian.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Stealth Video
4. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Stealth Video Oct 4, 2016, 00:52 The Half Elf

I dunno I have high hopes for this, then again I did for the Division as well.....

PLEASE don't suck and if anyone gets a beta code and doesn't want it please let me know

News Comments > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 Gets NHL License
1. Re: Franchise Hockey Manager 3 Gets NHL License Oct 4, 2016, 00:50 The Half Elf

A sports license that EA hasn't fucked up yet?!?  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2016, 12:06 The Half Elf

Blue wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 10:45:
Timmeh wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 10:43:
Happy year 5777...

Because we all know the earth is only 6,000 years old.. nay the entire multiverse.

5777 and six days!

So is this like... Jewish Earth Day? Like I have access to a deli here in Northern Kentucky...

News Comments > Farabel Trailer
3. Re: Farabel Trailer Oct 3, 2016, 12:03 The Half Elf

I would find a way....  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 3, 2016, 10:29 The Half Elf

Mafia 2 had a great story and mission. Except the city was empty as fuck and every morning you got a phone call for a mission.
The Rambo simulator.. er Mafia 3 doesn't appeal to me.

10710 Comments. 536 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo