Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10467 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Windows Update Jun 16, 2016, 08:59 The Half Elf

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 22:17:
TangledThorns wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 21:30:
DERP. True story.
What are you smoking, meth?

We save smoking of pot and meth for articles involving "the clouds"

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Roadmap
9. Re: Overwatch Roadmap Jun 16, 2016, 08:58 The Half Elf

thecakeisalie wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 21:28:
Most of the people I know, including myself, have already given up on Overhype. Game shipped before it was finished and the netcode/server prediction and matchmaking are horrible. It'll turn into another Heroes of the Storm shortly with a small die-hard fan base and that's it.

Really? I guess out of the 10 million people playing 3 less is pretty good.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2016, 17:17 The Half Elf

Was ready to kill the GED person who designed the site. Last week my teacher and I signed up to take all 4 of the sections of the GED test today. Turns out the system kicked it out and I go to test and they tell me I wasn't scheduled at all. Call GED people (30 mins) to redo it on the phone. So lost an hour of testing, but finished and passed 3 parts, with the last part next Wednesday.

And Cutter stick to wine(whine) not music.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2016, 11:02 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 10:55:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 09:44:
Got my theme music set.

Taking my GED in a few hours. BREAK OUT THE PRAYER BEADS AND BUDDAH!

That's your theme music? Do you want to fail? It's Flag Day, Helf...FLAG DAY! Listen to the Flag Day Song instead. You too, Blue as it's a tribute to ol' Betsy.

Good luck. Use the Force and all that.

Cutter read the fucking lyrics dude, even as a Canadian I know you can read english.

And I am 41. Whats sad/funny is I started GED classes 10 years ago (found my homework from 10 years ago in my notebook dated last month). But decided that since I wasn't working I was going to finish it. But also did some other certifications that look good on a resume.

As a gay guy trust me I've dealt with enough flags, ribbons, colored t-shirts etc to last me awhile.

News Comments > The Division Underground Details
3. Re: The Division Underground Details Jun 15, 2016, 10:01 The Half Elf

He fixed it but I meant the Dev's working on the Division.
Was working on the weekly assignment and I had to go into the Dark Zone. I found one of the high end named NPC's. Took me about 20 mins to kill him and the other NPC's in the group (and a few deaths). A sealed Green container dropped off the guy (which like Diablo is part of a set). I then haul ass to one of the easier extraction areas, clear out the baddies and call in a helicopter to extract my goods.
4 other guys show up, helicopter drops it's chain and me and the other 4 guys hook up our loot. As soon as I turn around they have cut the rope and kill me. Not a fucking thing I could do, all that work for nothing.
I get risk vs reward, but it sucked and there was NO option besides just watch.

News Comments > The Division Underground Details
1. Re: The Division Underground Details Jun 15, 2016, 09:47 The Half Elf

They really need to get some fucking help with The Division.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2016, 09:44 The Half Elf

Got my theme music set.

Taking my GED in a few hours. BREAK OUT THE PRAYER BEADS AND BUDDAH!

News Comments > Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 Confirmed
18. Re: Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 Confirmed Jun 15, 2016, 07:29 The Half Elf

yuastnav wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 04:45:
Creston wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 13:51:
|RaptoR| wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 13:10:
yuastnav wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 12:40:
I've been wanting a game similar to Test Drive Unlimited 2 and people in a thread a couple of years ago told me that what I'm looking for is Forza Horizon 2 (since The Crew is pretty terrible due to bad driving... why you would fuck up something like the driving in a racing game is beyond me).

Is Forza Horizon 3 going in a similar direction? If that is the case I'd need to upgrade to W10... which I really don't want to do.

On the other hand I did upgrade to Win XP back in the day so I could play X2.

The Horizon games are some of my favorites across all genres, and certainly best in class in racing/free roam!

Agreed. I had a TON of fun with Horizon 2. My wife at first enjoyed just being able to drive around in it (and wrecking MY cars!), but eventually she wanted to be able to discover her own roads and set her own speed trap times etc, so I created a new profile for her so she could have her own settings. Not much later she was actually doing races.

It's a really good and fun racer. It's not a sim, don't go looking for actual Forza levels of simulation in it, much less something like Assetto Corsa, but the open world and the cool stuff to do make it well worth it if you like driving games.

But is the driving any good? Like I said, I loved the idea of TDU2 but the driving was just okay and that is also the reason why I stayed away from The Crew.
I'm not a sim guy, although I do play Dirt Rally with a wheel and without assists and it is so much fun, but I would like the cars to feel different and not be too arcadey.

In Horizons 1 the driving was light years ahead of TDU2. So I would imagine that it was even more refined for H2. But in TDU2 you really could go anywhere, as H1 was more stick to the road.

16. Re: Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 Confirmed Jun 14, 2016, 23:50 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 21:08:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 20:50:
HoSpanky wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 16:34:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 15:52:
I played the 1st one. Honestly rather have Forza 6 full.

Ehh, it's all down to what you like in your games. The Forza numbered series is super dry and I don't find it very engaging. I got F5 with my Xbone and was very disappointed in it. You spend as much time in menus as you do racing, which isn't my idea of a good time. Races in the Horizon games require you to drive to them the first time (can teleport to locations once you've been there). The game world is actually something you explore, it's not just shit on the side of the track.

I spent more time play Virus tag in the Forza # series (and having more fun) then in Horizons. In Horizons cars aren't really ALL that defined (more sim meets need for speed'ish/arcade) where as in Forza I could take a awesome little Lotus with amazing handling and off the line power and utterly destroy cars that people picked for just say speed.

In Forza Horizons 2 you can buy a Volkswagen Transporter (aka the Bus), and modify it so that it goes 0-100mph in 4.4 seconds. And then drag race it against people in Hennesey Venom GTs, and beat the living shit out of them.

Winner: Horizons.

Anyone can drive in a straight line Creston, but when you're playing the ultimate game of tag in very expensive vehicles you drive it like ya stole it

14. Re: Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 Confirmed Jun 14, 2016, 20:50 The Half Elf

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 16:34:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 15:52:

Ehh, it's all down to what you like in your games. The Forza numbered series is super dry and I don't find it very engaging. I got F5 with my Xbone and was very disappointed in it. You spend as much time in menus as you do racing, which isn't my idea of a good time. Races in the Horizon games require you to drive to them the first time (can teleport to locations once you've been there). The game world is actually something you explore, it's not just shit on the side of the track.

I spent more time play Virus tag in the Forza # series (and having more fun) then in Horizons. In Horizons cars aren't really ALL that defined (more sim meets need for speed'ish/arcade) where as in Forza I could take a awesome little Lotus with amazing handling and off the line power and utterly destroy cars that people picked for just say speed.

News Comments > Dead Rising 4 Announced
7. Re: Dead Rising 4 Announced Jun 14, 2016, 20:46 The Half Elf

Dead Rising 3 was on Steam so there isn't a reason to freak out yet about the Windows store.  

News Comments > Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch
2. Re: Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch Jun 14, 2016, 20:35 The Half Elf

Come on Creston ya know ya want to play!

And I promise to not push ya off any ledges

News Comments > Battleborn Adding Microtransactions
2. Re: Battleborn Adding Microtransactions Jun 14, 2016, 20:33 The Half Elf

"Now bend over!"  

11. Re: Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 Confirmed Jun 14, 2016, 15:52 The Half Elf

3. Re: Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 Confirmed Jun 14, 2016, 11:49 The Half Elf

Just like most Id Software games involving demons and aliens.  

News Comments > Elder Scrolls VI in Development
16. Re: Elder Scrolls VI in Development Jun 14, 2016, 11:48 The Half Elf

Hey if any of you guys want to write them a new engine that does everything the current engine does, be my guest, cause I sure as fuck have no clue to build it.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jun 14, 2016, 03:07 The Half Elf

44 mins of Battlefield 1 gameplay.  

News Comments > Steep Announced
5. Re: Steep Announced Jun 14, 2016, 00:20 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 20:59:
Cutter wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 19:50:
"No way Bells is bigger than Waimea, bro!"

I AM AN EFF...BEE...EYE...AGENT!

Bill.... strange things are afoot at the Circle K.

News Comments > For Honor in February
4. Re: For Honor in February Jun 13, 2016, 23:18 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 21:27:
It's not the size.

It's the frequency.

stab...

stab...

stab....

Stab

And how many descriptive steam messages would you like Cutter to disprove that theory?

News Comments > Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands in March
5. Re: Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands in March Jun 13, 2016, 23:17 The Half Elf

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 22:37:
What, the first comment wasn't "Uplay too bad lulz"?

This...this IS Bluesnews, right? I thought only cranky assholes were on here.

As a lover of the AC series I have Uplay and haven't had any issues with it. Ubisoft allowed me to link my Steam and Ubi account together and so far haven't done anything for me to hate it (except the giant icons for games). If anything it's like Battle.net Launcher, tells me who's in what games, easy to join them from the launcher etc.

10467 Comments. 524 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo