Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10705 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed
6. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed Oct 10, 2016, 10:35 The Half Elf

Angrius Maximis wrote on Oct 10, 2016, 10:15:
This game is going to be on a Derek Smart level of FAILURE

At least Smart has shipped a game

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: GeForce GTX 970 Class Action Settlement Oct 9, 2016, 22:50 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Oct 9, 2016, 22:43:
jimnms wrote on Oct 9, 2016, 15:47:
I got an email yesterday about the GeForce GTX 970 Class Action Settlement. I almost deleted it thinking it was spam. I'm surprised it didn't get auto flagged as spam since the title, sender and from email all look fishy, but it's the real deal.

I don't know if I'm going to file a claim. It's $30 in my pocket, but it doesn't feel right since I bought a 970 already knowing about the memory deal. I only skimmed the site to see if I could find out what happens to unclaimed funds from the settlement, but didn't see it. If unclaimed funds are just going to go to lawyers, I'll take my $30. If it goes back to Nvidia or a charity, I may just opt out.

Get your money, dude. There is no limit to the damages, so there's no fund that's been "set aside" for this. If you don't claim your $30, Nvidia simply keeps it.

I admit I was a bit skeptic at first about the legitimacy of this, but I've put in my claim. Fuck 'em. Stop lying in your fucking advertising.

Let me trade in my 970 for a 1070

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

24. Pres. Debate..... Oct 9, 2016, 22:11 The Half Elf

I have a joke about how I can be the biggest 4 year old you've ever met..... but watching the debate.. there is someone bigger then me (and not in a good way).  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2016, 17:48 The Half Elf

Congrats Blue.

And still we didn't get a invite for a 20 year reunion at Manstovia.

And as a guy who can't cook I was eye'ing some steaks last night at the grocery and wished you lived closer

News Comments > Mafia III Patched
2. Re: Mafia III Patched Oct 9, 2016, 15:21 The Half Elf

Story is getting a solid pass, but the rest of the game has some issues. Everything from 'I've played this 100 times before' to graphics/crashes/control issues.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2016, 21:33 The Half Elf

Hey Bluehair

add me on Bnet TheHalfElf#11957

News Comments > Mafia III Released
9. Re: Mafia III Released Oct 8, 2016, 00:14 The Half Elf

I wouldn't mind being a black guy. I would statistically be better endowed then all of you, and I could screw all the white women I want!

*goes and watches more Luke Cage and sighs contently*

4. Re: Mafia III Released Oct 7, 2016, 21:31 The Half Elf

Mafia 2 (never did finish Mafia 1) was one of the few games that made me REALLY connect with the characters, to the point where I loved/hated the ending.
I've really been ignoring the game and just now really taking a look at it (expecting full reviews by now), but with 2K holding back reviewer copies, yet giving out YouTuber's early copies, along with the massive amount of problems with the game (crashing on consoles consistantly) texture issues, horrible graphics (at times) and the framerate cap, I can easily wait to pick up a key for the game when it hits 10 bucks (which sould be within 6 months).

1. Re: Mafia III Released Oct 7, 2016, 20:26 The Half Elf

REALLY in depth Mafia 3 review.

Seems the game is a clusterfuck no matter what system you play it on but has a really good story.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2016, 20:19 The Half Elf

Was in Florida for quite a few years, I have 1 bit of advice.

THEY TELL YOU TO EVACUATE, THEN GET THE FUCK OUT! Already 5 deaths, 2 were from idiots running a generator in their garage and died of carbon monoxide. 1 power worker was electrocuted (not sure if he survived or not) trying to get the power on during a fucking hurricane! I mean who the fuck sent out a guy to fix shit in a hurricane?!?

Glad ya got somewhere safe Jag (but Tampa? Really? :P). Sorta surprised ya went more south, as I would have gone west over to the pan handle more.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Oct 7, 2016, 20:06 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 19:30:
Pretty sure Wiz and Conan committed a misdemeanour for possession of marijuana. It is still illegal in California for recreational purposes.

Yet there was a video of them with an intern on Conan's show who has a medical perscription, and we don't know if A)either of them do or B) it was actual pot they were smoking.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 7, 2016, 19:55 The Half Elf

REALLY awesome Mafia 3 review.  

News Comments > Dungeon Keeper Free on Origin
20. Re: Dungeon Keeper Free on Origin Oct 7, 2016, 19:21 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 13:22:
El Pit wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 11:51:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 11:21:
Creston wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 11:02:
when Peter Molyneux could still be considered a promise keeper

HEEEYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! *tappity tappity*

Shots fired!

So Peter Molyneux and Sean Murray walk into an imaginary bar....

...and meet Chris Roberts.

Man, this sound like the prologue to the apocalypse! Outtahere Rotfl

Not the apocalypse. That would require something to happen. It's more like they promise the apocalypse, but only manage to break a few dishes instead.

*starts to make comment and just can't find ANYTHING to top that and just walks away*

News Comments > Dungeon Keeper Free on Origin
5. Re: Dungeon Keeper Free on Origin Oct 7, 2016, 11:21 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 11:02:
when Peter Molyneux could still be considered a promise keeper

HEEEYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! *tappity tappity*

Shots fired!

So Peter Molyneux and Sean Murray walk into an imaginary bar....

News Comments > Mafia III Framerate Concerns
16. Re: Mafia III Framerate Concerns Oct 7, 2016, 00:39 The Half Elf

MattyC wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 00:01:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 23:48:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 23:06:
I pre-ordered it and I don't regret it. I always expect issues on release on any game. Mafia II was no different and that got ironed out in to a solid game. As I want to continue seeing Mafia games, I support their efforts.

I'll see tomorrow how it runs on my systems and go from there. If it needs a couple of patches, I go back to playing KSP.

I predict it's going to run at 30fps

ha ha

one mans trash is another mans treasure, hope you have fun

Don't make me sad. I was hoping to pick this up after the holidays when it had some more polish.

I look at it like this. If Mafia 1 and 2 were GTA, then Mafia 3 would be the Saints Row of the series, minus any sort of multiplayer or co-op. If they at least had co-op I would take a much stronger look at this game and probably purchase it within the next 6 months.

News Comments > Beyond Good and Evil Sequel Confirmed
18. Re: Beyond Good and Evil Sequel Confirmed Oct 7, 2016, 00:17 The Half Elf

Um... it's a Ubisoft game, and they've been giving out free games on Uplay for their anniversary so it's kinda a given where it's being offered from.  

News Comments > Robo Recall Announced
2. Re: Robo Recall Announced Oct 7, 2016, 00:14 The Half Elf

RoboNerd wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 20:18:
I have to give this my seal of approval.... Thumbsup

Here is an idea for (what I think would be) a decent VR Game. Base it on Marvel or DC and give the player the abilities of the characters.
Cap America, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, hell all the Avengers would work easy. Same with the X-Men.

19. Re: What’s the Longest Humans Can Live- 115 Years, New Study Says. Oct 7, 2016, 00:03 The Half Elf

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 00:03:
sauron wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 15:13:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 14:56:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 13:04:
The Bible's view and the belief of millions are that humans have the capacity to live much longer than 115 years. The Bible states we have the capacity to live forever and were designed to do just that. It even says in Ecclesiastes 3:11 that God "has even put eternity in their heart," which explains why so many people believe they can live forever today. Unfortunately, inherited Adamic sin mars our ability to do so. (Romans 5:12) The good news is this miserable condition will soon be expunged. (Romans 6:23; Revelation 21:4) After that, age, cellular degradation, and a multitude of other infirmities will no longer have a stranglehold on our lives. We will, in effect, have perpetual lifespans.

I know many of you don't hold these views. I would kindly ask that you be tolerant of a point of view you don't have.

Humans will live hundreds of years in the future. There are already examples of longevity in nature: trees that live 1000s of years, animals that live 100s of years. We already understand many of the mechanisms to make this occur, even if we yet don't have the technology to implement it. It raises all kinds of moral questions, such as the freedom to reproduce, and how to manage essentially immortal populations. Some movies have tried to address this, like In Time.

And if science doesn't work, there's always ritual hobbit sacrifice and unspeakable dark magic. Refreshing and wholesome!

Ya know... your history with hobbits and dark magic really doesn't work out well for you in the end. I suspect there is a coffee mug on your desk saying something like "I would have ruled the world if not for those hobbits's" with Smegals picture on it.

18. Re: What’s the Longest Humans Can Live- 115 Years, New Study Says. Oct 7, 2016, 00:03 The Half Elf

I was stupid here  

News Comments > Mafia III Framerate Concerns
14. Re: Mafia III Framerate Concerns Oct 7, 2016, 00:01 The Half Elf

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 23:06:
I pre-ordered it and I don't regret it. I always expect issues on release on any game. Mafia II was no different and that got ironed out in to a solid game. As I want to continue seeing Mafia games, I support their efforts.

I'll see tomorrow how it runs on my systems and go from there. If it needs a couple of patches, I go back to playing KSP.

Let us know what ya think of the game.

But even with new Dev's this shit has been going on for several years with the framerate capped at 30, and majority of the time they fix it AFTER the fucking game has launched.

10705 Comments. 536 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo