Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11517 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced
1. Re: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced Sep 7, 2017, 11:14 The Half Elf

O_o

I'm interested.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 6, 2017, 09:56 The Half Elf

First Rune, then Aquanox, now the Trackball!

ALL HAIL THE 90's!

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Get Mirage: Arcane Warfare Free Today
1. Re: Get Mirage: Arcane Warfare Free Today Sep 6, 2017, 09:49 The Half Elf

Anyone know when this will happen to Lawbreakers?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2017, 09:48 The Half Elf

What would happen if we got Adam from Adam ruins everything with Rodger?  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2017, 18:52 The Half Elf

BobBob wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 18:34:
Creston wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 18:22:
BobBob wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 15:27:
Took dog to park. Sign clearly says pets on leash. Some old fat guy walking his dog without a leash... his dog sees my puppy and charges at me. My puppy totally panics and the guy is laughing. WTF ...

Sucks man. There will always be shit pet owners.

Which doggie did you wind up getting?

A 9 month old puppy.

:smitten: (smilies broken?)

OMG IT'S A WUPPY, JUSTGOTTAPETIT!

News Comments > HTC Vive Wireless Adaptor This Month
12. Re: HTC Vive Wireless Adaptor This Month Sep 5, 2017, 18:50 The Half Elf

Yeah but also look at the picture. It has the updated headstrap.
What HTC should have done is dropped the price 100 bucks but thrown in the updated strap for free.

So you're looking at 599, plus 99 for strap, plus another 299.

And ask mrgrosser about what happens when you turn in a lighthouse sensor. They told him it was broken and they were going to replace it. Then they told him they were waiting on a part to repair it. THEN they told him due to it being repaired in Texas they had no clue what was going to happen (and everything but the last part happened a MONTH BEFORE the hurricane).

News Comments > Tim Willits Calls QUAKE Design Dispute "Silly"
14. Re: Tim Willits Calls QUAKE Design Dispute Sep 5, 2017, 13:39 The Half Elf

Fucking hell this guy is a dipshit.

EVERYONE from id software has stated that Quake was just random maps thrown together. They weren't designed for multiplayer, it's just what people made and they tacked on a story.

Doom and Quake were fucking AMAZING back in the day. But they have been taken out to pasture and left to graze.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2017, 13:18 The Half Elf

krist2 wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 12:25:
It's a good thing climate change isn't a thing...

Are you fucking serious?

Go google Hurricanes that start with I. Regardless of climate change, there have been and will be earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, tsunamis, etc. It's a matter of statistics. The longer something doesn't happen the greater chance of it happening.

Don't get me wrong I believe in climate change, but bad weather is going to happen, with or without humans on this rock.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2017, 11:23 The Half Elf

Hmmm sorta ironic. When I worked for Lego it was in Florida, and Lego was hurting pretty badly from poor sales but finally landed the Star Wars brand and recovered nicely (just as they release the 2nd UCS Lego Mill. Falcon).
That being said, if a CAT 5 Hurricane was to ever hit while I lived in Florida I would leave/evacuate. Ya just don't fuck around with mother nature.

News Comments > HTC Vive Wireless Adaptor This Month
2. Re: HTC Vive Wireless Adaptor This Month Sep 5, 2017, 11:11 The Half Elf

No shit. Plus I wonder how long the charge lasts.  

News Comments > The Witcher Turning 10
9. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Sep 4, 2017, 21:11 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Sep 4, 2017, 17:30:
So, the Witcher. Never played. Is it good?

I tried 1 and 2, never could get into them, 3 is just amazing.

News Comments > All Star Fruit Racing Early Access
1. Re: All Star Fruit Racing Early Access Sep 4, 2017, 14:44 The Half Elf

All star cast includes: Liberachi, Ellen, Tim Cook, Nathan Lane, Zach Quinto, Neil Patrick Harris, Jane Harris, RuPaul, and Dan Savage!

Pre-Order now and get Caitlyn Jenner!

News Comments > The Witcher Turning 10
3. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Sep 4, 2017, 14:41 The Half Elf

Ok that was classy as hell.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2017, 19:13 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2017, 16:53:
Holy shit, check out this game coming to GOG. Art and music is based on all those insane old cartoons from the 1930s.

Cuphead

Welcome to last year Cutter.

News Comments > High Hell Announced
2. Re: High Hell Announced Sep 2, 2017, 21:25 The Half Elf

I'm all for giving indie's their due, but there is so much half baked software coming out that it's choking the shit out of the PC Gaming market.

AAA dev's are doing Early Access (remember when it was called Beta?), charging for loot in single player games, and indies are dropping some amazing titles which in turn has given birth to the 'fuck it, it's "stylized" lets release it' level of crappy shareware of the 80's and 90's.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2017, 20:38 The Half Elf

MajorD wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 15:00:
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is on a Steam sale again for $15.00USD.

I loved HR, but I haven't pulled the trigger on MD yet. Is it worth $15.00?

YES GO NOW (even though I'm not very far through I had to restart the game like 4 times). It will be played soon to completion, but I'm currently seeing how many Blues'ers in my current X-COM game I can get killed (btw Creston I named another character for ya, and he still died first, right after Cutter).

News Comments > QUAKE Development History Dispute
4. Re: Quake development Aug 31, 2017, 10:39 The Half Elf

It's been flat out stated EVEN BY ROMERO, that Quake was a bunch of levels (that were done by a bunch of people) thrown together with a "story" to make a game.  

News Comments > Aquanox: Deep Descent Trailer
1. Re: Aquanox: Deep Descent Trailer Aug 31, 2017, 10:22 The Half Elf

Wow first Rune now Aquanox?!? Welcome to the 90's revival!  

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 31, 2017, 03:52 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Aug 30, 2017, 19:37:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 30, 2017, 14:49:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 30, 2017, 12:54:
Lawbreakers needed some obvious way of differentiating itself from Overwatch, like adding vehicles.

At a EPIC games meeting ~20 years ago:

"Unreal needs some obvious way of differentiating itself from Quake, like adding vehicles"

20 years ago they were working on the original UT. They differentiated it by having a brighter color palette, over the top weapons, a wide variety of interesting maps, and more, better game modes.

The thing is, Overwatch and Lawbreakers look very similar: both are hero shooters with unique characters, the settings are near-future sci-fi, weapons look similar, etc. Even the game titles are thematically similar. It's hard to horn in on any well-established game, Blizzard games especially so.

BULLSHIT MAN!

It was all about the cows.

Nali Cows.

News Comments > The Division Free Content This Fall
3. Re: The Division Free Content This Fall Aug 31, 2017, 03:45 The Half Elf

There was plenty of content at launch for a single player or co-op game, but this game was designed to be in the same vein as Destiny.

But there is so much more of New York that they originally showed on the map with the first reveal back at E3, that it was assumed things like the Brooklyn Bridge, etc would be added to the game and have never appeared.

11517 Comments. 576 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo