Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11517 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Sephora Nov 1, 2017, 17:16 The Half Elf

Nice Cowboy boots Blue

*snickers*

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 Trailer
1. Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 Trailer Nov 1, 2017, 17:02 The Half Elf

Just not feeling the love with this one. And as a Lego person I skipped The Force Awakens.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 31, 2017, 17:34 The Half Elf

SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS! YAY!  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes
1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Oct 31, 2017, 17:34 The Half Elf

Wonder if it had anything to do with the survey they sent out  

57. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2017, 19:58 The Half Elf

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 17:05:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 16:55:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 14:30:
It's a multi-faceted problem.
Good listen/read.
from narcan, the er and treatment (not to mention a rise in mortality), the cost's continue to add up. npr

You made my case for me.
No, no I didn't. Your case is coming from self-hate and ignorance of the problem.

No sir ignorance is cherry picking what other's have said to fit your agenda and your own point of view.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: CitizenCon 2947 Recap. Oct 28, 2017, 17:06 The Half Elf

I think you guys are missing 1 major thing.

Who is paying for CitizenCon? Why are people being taken off the main project to make proof of concept fluff demo's?

53. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2017, 16:55 The Half Elf

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 14:30:
It's a multi-faceted problem.
Good listen/read.
from narcan, the er and treatment (not to mention a rise in mortality), the cost's continue to add up. npr

You made my case for me.
But seriously, if we had Heroin centers, where people would show up and be given all the heroin they wanted, but couldn't leave and wouldn't be saved, how much better would it be in the US?
Money saved from trying to "fix the problem". Police/Fire/First Responders wouldn't be wasting time and resources. Hospitals wouldn't be wasting time/resources on it. Family members/loved ones would hurt, but it's better then getting "the phone call" as friends I know would call it (few of them have gotten it).

So the end result is money not wasted on people who don't want to get better, First Responders and Medical facilities won't have to waste their time and resources either. And we get rid of heroin use.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2017, 16:39 The Half Elf

Hey Blue,
I will warn you, that with both my nephews first time to hibachi dining was great until the union volcano. It scared both of them so badly that we were doing a round robin on wiping away tears while the others tried to finish eating.
Suggestion: Let them know that there is going to be a big flame or flash.

And bring me back a doggie bag.

39. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 27, 2017, 23:06 The Half Elf

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 21:33:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 19:56:
I have a neighbor who no longer does heroin, but sadly she's just as badly addicted to methadone, and goes daily to the clinic for her "medication" that keeps getting upped every month (she's been going for 5 years).
I might be totally wrong about this, but I thought the main idea behind switching to methadone was it could be tapered off without serious side effects -- unlike heroin. So, either I am misinformed -- very possible, or something is really wrong in that situation...

Methadone is as bad as heroin if not worse. Different people handle addiction in different ways. It's a control to the chaos, but from all the research I've seen, methadone is a bitch to come off of.
Thankfully I was never stupid enough to do them.

Now you take away my nicotine and Alieve, and you'll see me go ape-shit

32. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 27, 2017, 19:56 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 17:53:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 15:05:
Has nothing to do with ignorance. The only way to win the "War on Drugs" is to give people what they want. The sad truth is, that the "best" solution with opiates is to give them all they want, let them overdose. Quit wasting money on methadone clinics, narcan, emergency responders.

It's a draconian solution but once all the people are dead from using it, it no longer becomes a problem.
Redeye9 if you can come up with another one, I'm all ears.

Well, that's compassionate. Wry It was the fault of Pharma and doctors on the take that started this whole epidemic, what about their responsibility in at all? Some people have more addictive personalities than other or are easily addicted to certain things. And you've obviously never been hooked on a drug, legal or otherwise, and tried to kick it. It ain't easy.

Quit wasting money? Helping people isn't a waste. If you believe it is, than take that libertarian bullshit to its final end and dismantle the government entirely. No more infrastructure, just frontier living where if you can feed, clothe, and shelter yourself or die. We'll all go back to living as cavemen and dying before we're 30. So you'll be quitting Amazon tomorrow and going naked into the woods to forge weapons and tools to start your new life living off the land, right? Good luck with that. No? I didn't think so. If you want to start with cutting waste start with your almost TRILLION dollar a year miliary/intelligence budgets. Compared to EVERYTHING else in your budget that's the most wasteful thing there is beyond everything else combined. A good 3/4s of it us pure pork for the MIC and the various congress critters districts to create employment that would otherwise not exist.

Cutter, I am all for helping people, but at the same time people have to want to help themselves. Where I live in Kentucky (right across the river from Cincy), I see tons of people who 1)smoke pot, and pop out kids left right and center and then live off the government because they are white trash that couldn't be bothered to use a condom, and never try for anything to better their lives because the government will take care of them, while family members take care of their kids and 2) are meth and heroin junkies who are doing the same thing (hell I got a house next door with a junkie mom who has 3 kids and I lost count over the times the police and fire dept have been called due to drug issues over there).
Btw Cutter google "Parents who overdose in kids hospital room", and you'll see the kind of crap that goes on here. Mom dies, dad survived and the dad had a loaded gun in his pocket.
Maybe it's different for you because you don't see it daily, but people have choices.
Hell I fucked up my life 10 years ago THIS MONTH due to doing crystal meth, got out of my bad relationship with my ex of 15 years (who got me started with it) and rebooted my life. I literally left a job I fucking loved, all my friends, everything I owned, and started over, so PLEASE don't fucking tell me "good luck with that" because I FUCKING DID IT.
I have a neighbor who no longer does heroin, but sadly she's just as badly addicted to methadone, and goes daily to the clinic for her "medication" that keeps getting upped every month (she's been going for 5 years).
And earlier this year here in Northern Kentucky, we had over 300 heroin overdoses in Fri-Sun period when fentynal was starting to get mixed in.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Released
28. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 27, 2017, 19:38 The Half Elf

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 16:30:
Jagacademy wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 15:34:
*Edit:* I had asked these questions with the intention of buying the game. However, since the reply I received was toxicity for absolutely no reason from a fanboi taking offense, I decided not to. Keep up the good work, just cost your game a sale.
???????????????????????????????????????????
And that affects anybody in this forum how exactly.
Mom, someone was mean to me on the internet, waaaaaa
Grow up dude.

The guy has been a toxic asshole for some time, you sir need to grow up. If he can't spend 5 mins looking up his answer (which is all yes) then that's on him. If you don't like it then STFU and move on.

16. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 27, 2017, 15:55 The Half Elf

Quinn wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 15:03:
Right now I'm on Destiny 2, Divinity OS2 and ELEX. Looking at The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein 2 and can't decide which one I am gonna buy next. I haven't played any Assassin's Creed after Black Flag and I wasn't planning to, but I gotta say I am surprised by how possitive everyone is about this one...

But hell if I do decide to get back into AC I might as well get into Syndicate first. I heard Unity was shit.

After Black Flag, play Rogue, then Unity. Rogue's ending is Unity's start. And both Rogue and Unity are solid entries into the AC universe.

I haven't seen anything 'grindy' per say, except your typical go find crafting materials to craft stuff. Hell I spent about 10 hours just futz'ing around the starting region (yeah an entire REGION) before even getting to the Title screen (most AC games give you a taste and set up a cinematic to show the title screen, like getting to the port in Black Flag).
And I REALLY like the crafting system. If I find a weapon or shield in the game, I can keep upgrading it so it's useful from the start of the game all the way till the end. So the pre-order weapons, and Uplay Club weapons aren't just the typical "These are only good for the first act" crap you get in pre-orders these days.

24. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 27, 2017, 15:54 The Half Elf

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 15:31:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 15:12:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 13:29:
Verno wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 13:20:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 12:50:
derp
Haha oh man you will catch some shit over that one
Nah, That much ignorance is not even worth responding to.

Has nothing to do with ignorance. The only way to win the "War on Drugs" is to give people what they want. The sad truth is, that the "best" solution with opiates is to give them all they want, let them overdose. Quit wasting money on methadone clinics, narcan, emergency responders.

It's a draconian solution but once all the people are dead from using it, it no longer becomes a problem.

If you really were to "give them what they want" and decriminalize all drugs, we would likely have much less of a problem with overdoses than we currently do. Since Portugal did this in 2001, they have had significant success in this regard.
But that goes against our poisonous conservative christian morals.
That and many other studies have proven that what we do (criminalize) does not work. http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1926160,00.html

Just for info: Overall, alcohol was the most harmful drug (overall harm score 72), with heroin (55) and crack cocaine (54) in second and third places. In simpler terms https://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2010/11/drugs_cause_most_harm

You need to read through the link you provided and the references.
We also do not have first responders carrying anti-alcohol sprays. And rare are the alcohol overdose/poisoning cases. Ranging from 5.3 people per million in Alabama, to 46.5 per million in Alaska (christ that's scary), according to the CDC. And the CDC graph (has quite a bit of missing info) and both the heroin and alcohol graphs are based on 2015.
If I missed anything let me know.

22. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 27, 2017, 15:31 The Half Elf

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 15:12:
derp

If you really were to "give them what they want" and decriminalize all drugs, we would likely have much less of a problem with overdoses than we currently do. Since Portugal did this in 2001, they have had significant success in this regard.

Fair enough, but at the same time our government won't do that. Hell they can't even legalize pot.

20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 27, 2017, 15:05 The Half Elf

derp

11. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 27, 2017, 14:54 The Half Elf

Jagacademy wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 11:42:
It's unfortunate you have to ask these questions on PC games nowadays, but...

Can you change the FoV?
Can you remap the keys?
Does it handle okay with mouse and keyboard?

Might pick this one up.

Google it.
Google it.
Google it.

Welcome to ignore, enjoy your stay.
Say hello to Slick for me.

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 27, 2017, 12:50 The Half Elf

People who smoke pot tend to have more sex, and pop out more kids that they can't afford/want to take care of.

As for Narcan.... let them die. Clean out the low end of the gene pool.

8. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 27, 2017, 12:45 The Half Elf

Hover between 50-60fps with everything on Ultra with a 1070.

So I believe it goes like this: The main AC team does a game every few years (Black Flag, Unity, and Origins) while another team/teams does the other games.
Reason for this, is that Origins has a much better quality feel to it like the previous games I mentioned.

And like Unity, it's just beautiful as hell. Combat controls and how combat works has been revamped, so that's taken a bit to get use to.

Some interesting changes (as far as I can tell), doing a mission at day or at night can vastly change how easy/hard a mission is, because ya know... NPC's actually sleep at night now, and things are left more unguarded.
Armor is visually upgraded with the default outfit (or you can choose an outfit which again as far as I can tell is static).
NPC's do their own thing (think to a degree what Elder Scrolls Oblivion was suppose to be with Radiant AI), as I jumped on a guys boat, took a seat and he just did his own thing and gave me a ride.
There is really only 1 max run speed (no more sprinting), and it appears you can only gallop on a horse outside of settlements/cities.

So far so good.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 26, 2017, 22:58 The Half Elf

Without reading the article:

Cliff insulted PC Gamers on multiple occasions, entered a market already dominated by Overwatch and PUBG, and finally had nothing that made it stand out as "OMG! I WANT TO PLAY THAT!"

News Comments > Three Games Free on Steam for the Weekend
1. Re: Three Games Free on Steam for the Weekend Oct 26, 2017, 20:16 The Half Elf

So Arc is exactly the same price it was before?  

11517 Comments. 576 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo