Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11570 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.1 in March
31. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.1 in March Jan 6, 2018, 21:58 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Jan 6, 2018, 18:47:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 6, 2018, 18:43:
Good plan, when in doubt use caps! *ugh* Go play SC and leave us alone.

Isn't it the villain who yells, "They'll see. I'll make them all pay!"?

You forgot 'while he's petting a white Himalayan cat'.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 5, 2018, 17:03 The Half Elf

Timmeh wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 12:22:
They also try a lot of experimental stuff to see what people like...

For instance.. Santa Clarita diet. Which he has listed as a bad show apparently. But it has a great cast and is in the current zombie craze.

I don't watch it but that doesn't mean there is not a possible audience for it.

People liked Defenders. some people liked Iron Fist. The problem with iron fist is the actor cant do action worth beans and it ruins the suspension of reality. But the story was cool and the son of the bad guy is one of the most unique takes on a role like that I've seen.

Basically this guys opinions on the matter are very millennial and not worth 2 shits.

Luke Cage and Iron Fist were pretty meh except for a few points. While the Defenders was better... The Punisher was just awesome.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 4, 2018, 17:49 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Jan 4, 2018, 13:02:
Everyone raves about the Switch. Maybe if I had a long train commute, I could see picking one up...

A good friend/co-worker bought me one for xmas, and a copy of Zelda. I have to say.... while I don't play Zelda portably..... it's an amazing game. So I picked up Mario Odyssey, and Mario Kart, and really surprised by the machine.

My last experience with a Nintendo was a 3ds (recently picked up a 2ds XL for my pokemon gaming fetish), and a GameCube.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 2, 2018, 20:32 The Half Elf

Iranians were also spotted at the Twin Pines... er Lone Pine mall in a VW Bus chasing a teenager in a life preserver and killing a doctor who produced a time machine out of radioactive material and a Delorean.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 31, 2017, 22:03 The Half Elf

Primalchrome wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 18:05:
Remember when that game Doom was topping the list in 2016? Well, you know those shifty Gen-Xers and their ADD. Spiked at 40k a year ago and is around 3k players a day now...

Day-Z....never broke 30k players in a day. Never. Total owners below 4 million.

PUBG...500k+ every single day for the last 5 months. For the last two months between 2.5 and 3 million players per day. Total owners over 25 million.

But you're right...they're both the exact same and flashes in the pan. It'll last another week...tops. Just step outside the the cheaters/bugs/EA/crates echo chamber and you might be surprised. PUBG is to battle royale what Quake was to competitive FPS in the 90's. It is the most refined product in the genre. Will it reign as long? Probably not...because the modern game industry moves a lot faster.

GTAV - microtransactions...janky controls...same old same old...albeit supposedly great writing.
CS:GO - OK to cite if used against another game, the king of top 10's...but if anyone mentions it alone, we're supposed to howl about cheaters and crates
DS3 - still not as good as DS, but better than DS2 or DeS. Very limited target market. has had massive hacking and balance issues
W3 - Dogshit janky controls on release...should have been called beta or EA. First patch brought controls to AAA release quality....from a proven studio... again, since it is the prom queen, we're not allowed to mention that she had chlamydia until she got dosed.
ACO - ...rinse repeat. Recycled experience that people keep coming back for.

Some of you guys are amusing. If you don't like it or you see millennials playing it...it must be simplistic trash in a shiny wrapper and further bolstering your self worth as a 1337 old skool gamer. Same has been said about MOBAs by many of you. Oddly, they're still generating tens of millions of dollars and pulling the largest views of video game competitions. Again, I'm sure I'm not patient enough waiting years for it to flare out and die like some keep saying.

Jesus fucking Christ I miss the days when everyone looked down on gamers as useless geeks. At least we tended to band together somewhat and respect the fact that the erudites enjoyed King's Quest and the mouthbreathers played Wolfenstein 3D. But it didn't matter because we were still happy to see something new on a floppy....

So of the games you listed did you play any of them? You're off the mark on GTAV and ACO.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 30, 2017, 08:26 The Half Elf

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 29, 2017, 11:16:
Even Trump gets one right every so often, why is USPS subsidizing Amazon in shipping, meaning taking a loss. We have to assume it is, the entity is still losing billions a quarter and at an estimated $2 a package, that is surely a loss. By doing so, it undermines retail who pay market costs and has the public footing part of the cost due to loss. USPS in general needs to start charging to at least cover the costs to a break even point and they are not.

You really need to go research the USPS's History, and Amazon's deal with the USPS.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 27, 2017, 20:32 The Half Elf

Not quite the Shadowrun movie I wanted, but wasn't half bad, but a little bit cliche at the last 20 mins.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 07:35 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Dec 24, 2017, 16:16:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 24, 2017, 14:48:
Merry Christmas folks.

You can quit buying shit from Amazon. We be closed and you won't get your shit till Wednesday.

Huh, so they gave you Christmas off? Strange and unexpected. Jeff Bezos must be turning commie.

They are always closed Christmas day.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2017, 14:48 The Half Elf

Merry Christmas folks.

You can quit buying shit from Amazon. We be closed and you won't get your shit till Wednesday.

News Comments > Play Star Trek Bridge Crew Without VR
11. Re: Play Star Trek Bridge Crew Without VR Dec 22, 2017, 19:14 The Half Elf

Darks wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 15:38:
so, now I can actually buy this and give it a whirl without worry about VR? Thats kewl!!

Elf, we may have to try this at some point. I'm waiting until this is on a sale though.

No Excuses now Dark

It is a very weak game. Can't argue it. No where near the control depth of the Starfleet/Klingon Academy or Bridge Commander games.

With some DLC, and more control depth this would be awesome.

8. Re: Play Star Trek Bridge Crew Without VR Dec 22, 2017, 17:26 The Half Elf

Prez wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 12:22:
The problem for me with Bridge Crew isn't that it required VR. It's that I don't have a group of friends to play with. And playing with randos can be such a soul-crushing experience. A VR remake of the awesome Bridge Commander on the other hand... I would have been all over that.

Prez ANY time ya need someone to play this with let me know. Myself and MrGrosser play from time to time and have a blast (with slight adult beverage overtones).

1. Re: Play Star Trek Bridge Crew Without VR Dec 22, 2017, 11:34 The Half Elf

Ya know if ya kept up with DLC people would be all over this still.  

News Comments > Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks
2. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 20, 2017, 19:30 The Half Elf

TANKS?!? WTF

News Comments > Destiny 2 The Dawning Dawns
12. Re: Destiny 2 The Dawning Dawns Dec 19, 2017, 18:24 The Half Elf

Rhialto wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 12:33:
I've got a code with my new video card, I don't want to activate it because I'm not interested in that game. Suggestions? I know if I sell/trade the person needs to have a 1080 or 1080 Ti.

A 1080 or 1080ti to play the game? If yes, then you are sadly mistaken.

News Comments > PUBG 1.0 Plans Include Replays
6. Re: PUBG 1.0 Plans Include Replays Dec 16, 2017, 16:53 The Half Elf

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 14:03:
I think you missed the sarcasm.

Actually from Cutter, that wasn't sarcasm, at least not in a joking sense.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2017, 19:25 The Half Elf

TAUNTAUN!

Jeezus Blue!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 13, 2017, 21:06 The Half Elf

How anyone can play Zelda on the Switch screen is beyond me, but a game like that? No way.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Dec 13, 2017, 20:55 The Half Elf

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 19:56:
After Batman V Superman and Suicide Squad how the fudge was Zack given another superhero movie to mangle.

I hear EA is hiring.

SS wasn't bad, but JLA was like getting a handjob by someone with sandpaper hands and never even gets you fully erect, then just ups and walks out of the room after showing you an hour of bad CGI.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2017, 18:59 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 16:32:
Bought a PS4 Pro (native 4K, HDR lighting, framerate boost, VR ready, 1 TB drive). Too many exclusives on that gaming platform that I couldn't pass up a chance to snap one for $350 ($50 off). First game I want to play is Final Fantasy 15. Also, looking forward to Death Stranding. I am still a PC Master Race gamer... but now I can play PS4 exclusives in 4K. I'm still going to play with a KB and Mouse.

Horizon Zero Dawn. My 2nd all time favorite game/story right behind Red Dead Redemption, and just before AC Black Flag.

News Comments > GTA Online The Doomsday Heist Released
1. Re: GTA Online The Doomsday Heist Released Dec 12, 2017, 21:50 The Half Elf

FLYING DELORIAN!  

11570 Comments. 579 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo