Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11362 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Sep 12, 2017, 12:57 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 12:47:
OR, you know, people can't read the article because their work blocks it.

Or get around it by using google translate

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Sep 12, 2017, 11:38 The Half Elf

Slashman wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 11:35:
Sure we could just leave him alone, but then he's teaching a generation of kids how to be assholes.

Then we'll end up complaining about how kids these days are total assholes. Who taught them that...?

So like Radio, Elvis, Dungeons and Dragons, Video Games, Bevis and Butthead, First Person Shooters, we are now going to pin everything on him for this generation?

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Sep 12, 2017, 11:15 The Half Elf

And here's the thing. If ya don't like it then don't watch him. I personally can't fucking stand him.  

News Comments > Atomega Next Week
2. Re: Atomega Next Week Sep 11, 2017, 21:52 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 20:31:
Yeah that's what there's a shortage of in gaming right now, arena shooters, mobas, and arpgs. Rolleyes

And angry posts from a Canadian.

Actually looks pretty unique.

News Comments > No More Arkham Games?
5. Re: No More Arkham Games? Sep 11, 2017, 21:51 The Half Elf

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 21:38:
They ain't gonna do more "classic" Arkham games cuz those games had single player. What they are gonna do instead is create some Arkham multiplayer garbage with microtransactions, DLC and loot boxes out da azz.
The sad part is that just like Destiny 2, GR Wildlands, R6S, ME:SoW, CoD, BF1, SWBF, Division etc. people are gonna buy it like hotcakes, too.
Single player is dead these days. It's gonna take a number of costly failures to reverse the trend (hopefully soon).

Wildlands was solid single and multiplayer and didn't have loot boxes or microtransactions (unless you wanted more clothing options).

News Comments > No More Arkham Games?
3. Re: No More Arkham Games? Sep 11, 2017, 21:01 The Half Elf

How about a prequel of Batman and Robin. Online co-op.  

News Comments > First Emotion Processing Unit Launches
13. Re: First Emotion Processing Unit Launches Sep 11, 2017, 19:30 The Half Elf

I'm still waiting on Radiant AI in Elder Scrolls Oblivion!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Let me ask this... Sep 10, 2017, 16:21 The Half Elf

I didn't vote Trump, and didn't want to vote Hillary but I did. She lost, and being open minded I figured "ok let's give him a shot and see what happens, maybe he'll bring something new and different to the table". How I wish I was wrong on the 'new and different' part.

So please I'd like to know (please hold your political bashing for another thread) if ya did vote for him, how you think things are going for the country as a whole, and not just your political views/side.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: NVIDIA’s performance improvement per generation has dropped from 70% (pre-2010) to 30% (post-201 Sep 10, 2017, 14:35 The Half Elf

I'd like to see Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo quit using ATI and switch to Nvidia.  

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 10, 2017, 13:54 The Half Elf

They have a demo, and the video was impressive (not to mention the Danny Elfman style music). I've never done a backer/crowdfunding project before but this looks like the nearest thing to FTL 2 that I'm gonna get.

Ok I'm in!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2017, 22:09 The Half Elf

Rigs wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 17:02:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 16:34:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 16:33:
@Rigs
Not to pile on more work, but do you have enough roof and foundation anchors on the house? Do you have a backup generator? I assume you have food and water for a couple of weeks with no power. Keep some bleach handy in case you need to purify your own.

And lastly be glad you don't live in South Florida.

I was telling everyone here that all the people that went west from Miami would be better to go back east TO Miami! Like everyone on the East Coast went west, thinking it would be another Matthew. Miami is a practical ghost town. NOW, everyone is regretting it. That's part of the reason I didn't go anywhere. I knew the Euro model was saying the total opposite of what the NHC was saying a few days ago. They didn't do a good job of communicating that to the public this time. They should have made it clear that the Euro was saying something almost totally different and that it had been a near-perfect forecast model for the previous storms. Instead, they kept moving the track around and causing general confusion. You'd think, with a brand new GOES 16 satellite in orbit, all this fancy computing hardware and lots of smarty brains in their employ, they'd get this right once in a while. They did ok with Harvey, they screwed the pooch, IMO, with Irma.

I live in a double-wide 'mobile home'. (I'll never know why they call it a 'mobile home' when it doesn't move...like ever, except when you don't want it too, like during a hurricane or tornado) It's not my first choice, but we had to move from our more secure and sturdy house in Beverly Hills (Citrus County) last year after five years in three weeks. So that didn't give us a lot of time to be picky. But we won't be staying here in this home if it gets really bad. There's a really sturdy brick house within walking distance the next yard over, so if something does happen, we're ready to pick up and go over there immediately. Our home here is anchored and the roof was just inspected and worked on yesterday, so it's as good as it's going to get. Our plans are made, our preps are done and we're just hoping for the best and sitting patiently.

=-Rigs-=

Good Luck man, please keep us updated as best you can.
I remember when we moved down to Florida and the EX mentioned getting a mobile home. That was a 2 second conversation of "NO".
I never evacuated the 10+ years I lived in Orlando, but I would have left for this one.

Be safe!

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Sep 9, 2017, 14:29 The Half Elf

Secret Best game?!? I love the idea, but I've tried 4 times to play that game and have yet to get into it due to all of the issues.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Sep 8, 2017, 19:41 The Half Elf

Now if it was only Bigger and Longer.....  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed
1. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 8, 2017, 19:33 The Half Elf

At this rate the PC'ers will have 3 expansions by the time the game comes out.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 8, 2017, 13:09 The Half Elf

Gay or Straight it doesn't matter. All guys check out the competition.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 8, 2017, 12:33 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 11:48:
Comcast Offers Free WiFi Access as Hurricane Irma Looms.

Trying to shed that "worst company in the world" label? Nice try, but stop using your help desk as a sales vector, and we'll start to reconsider.

Did you see the video of the guy finally getting in touch with his dad?
They are doing something for free and ahead of a major storm, just accept it for what it is.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2017, 11:18 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 10:57:
Fuck, my next door neighbor died last night, heart attack. He was only 58. He was a good man. And I have to get a tooth yanked today. Oh yeah, this is going to be just a great weekend, sigh.

Make sure they give you enough painkillers for 6 months

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 8, 2017, 11:10 The Half Elf

Ok so it was correct 81% and humans were correct 61%.

I guess my question is.... why the fuck does it even matter? And maybe it's just me, but unless we are doing some sort of WW2 high tech jewish internment system of separating the gays from the straights why would this tech even exist?

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 8, 2017, 10:51 The Half Elf

"Just the audio?"

The jokes write themselves! Popcorn

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Character Creation
3. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Character Creation Sep 7, 2017, 21:09 The Half Elf

Guess I should get around to playing the first one...  

11362 Comments. 569 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo