Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10705 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2016, 16:31 The Half Elf

SlimRam, damn I am truly sorry for what you have had to endure this year.
I know a few other Blue'ers have had a pretty rough year. And while I'm not religious, you all are in my thoughts and prayers, and hopefully we'll make it to 2017.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 27, 2016, 14:54 The Half Elf

Planet Coaster is awesome *cue Everything is Awesome song*
Some of the sculptures people are making out of the terrain tools is impressive (Yoda, Dragons, etc).

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence
15. Re: Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence Nov 26, 2016, 18:35 The Half Elf

Prez wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 17:56:
I never really get the "too little too late" comments that get thrown around whenever a dev tries to update a game that wasn't what it should have been at launch. If you paid $60 for the game, isn't developer support post launch a good thing?

It's the PR Fluff piece that totally ignores that the game launched without explicit features.
But you don't sit there and try to polish yourself up by saying 'we spent 5 years developing a game, 6 weeks updating a broken game (even after changing the release date multiple times), 7 patches, and THEN have the balls to talk about adding crap to a game instead of offering what was original promised.
Not to mention this is the 1st response from Hello Games beyond patch notes since the games launch.

Had they been upfront and honest about features, reduced the price of the game, and not had a communication blackout, things (pretty sure) would be different from a consumer standpoint. But as it stands, Hello Games can go fuck themselves.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2016, 15:40 The Half Elf

Mrs Brady and Castro, talk about Yin/Yang.

And that guy was "barely" hit, bullshit, he still had hair!

Sorry about your Witcher 3 problems, but it will be worth it.

(pre caffeine edit)

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 2016, 16:27.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2016, 19:19 The Half Elf

The Division Season pass is on sale on Steam but not on the Uplay store.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2016, 16:00 The Half Elf

So we started "Peak" yesterday at Amazon and I have to tell you, so far I am bored out of my life. With a new distribution system for the midwest and a new sort center in New Jersey, we are so slow it's fucking insane. I don't do well standing around and waiting for trucks to show up.
So please do me a favor and buy more shit on Amazon. I'm bored and need something to do!

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2016, 22:33 The Half Elf

Shok wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 20:28:
Finally picked up Civ 6 on GMG for $43 with BLACKFRIDAY10 code.

Or saved even 10 more bucks and gotten it from a key site like CDkeys.

News Comments > Wacky Wheels HD
5. Re: Wacky Wheels HD Nov 23, 2016, 12:16 The Half Elf

Mode 7 from the SNES days returns in FULL HD!  

News Comments > Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun Demo
4. Re: Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun Demo Nov 22, 2016, 22:09 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 15:03:
I really wish someone would do something Ass Creedish in the Edo period of Japan. That would effing rock.

People have been begging for it since the end of AC 2 series.

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game
16. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game Nov 22, 2016, 16:28 The Half Elf

Hoping it's Ghost or Starcraft Planetside!  

News Comments > The Division Survival Expansion Tomorrow
9. Re: The Division Survival Expansion Tomorrow Nov 22, 2016, 08:56 The Half Elf

I use to like going into the Dark Zones by myself, spend a few hours getting stuff to the extraction point. But with this Cut the Wire shit, if there are 2 people there they can kill me and waste all the time I spent carefully getting through the Dark Zone.  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2016, 01:52 The Half Elf

Happy Birthday Blue, may it be a prosperous yeah for you, your family and this site.

Cheers!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 20, 2016, 22:34 The Half Elf

Kosumo wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 17:00:
I could be very keen on Planet Coaster, anyone trying it out? Feedback please.

what clint said, also check my post history I did a quick summary of the game.

Bottom line, if you ever loved the RCT games, this is the holy grail. The power of the tools (for coasters, scenery, terrain) is amazing. The only limit is your creativity. As I said in my summary before. If RCT 3 was square blocks, this would be every single piece of Lego ever created all at your fingertips.
Performance wise I have a i7-3770K @3.50, a 970GTX, 16 gigs of ram and have loaded up some INSANE detailed parks and was surprised how everything was still smooth as hell (day or night). 60fps? No, but over 30fps easily. Worth the cost of admission.

5. Re: Taiwan waves Nov 20, 2016, 19:57 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 17:53:
Holy shit! SURF'S UP BRAH!

As a native californian who lived through the 80's in cali, don't you EVER FUCKING USE BRAH WHEN YOU SHOULD USE BRO! This isn't some fucking college kegger!

You fiend!

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
62. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 22:29 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 21:55:
Armengar wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 12:57:
Ship the game.

They have shipped the game. In fact, there are so many ships planned for the game that they've probably overshipped the game.

All it needs is to be Flagshipped (oh yeah worked in a Hellgate: London joke!)

10. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 12:56 The Half Elf

Dacote wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 12:22:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 12:12:
You want new contributors Chris Roberts? THEN SHIP THE FUCKING GAME YOU PROMISED TO HAVE SHIPPED BY NOW!
"New money will go towards concept and top tier ships"

WTF DUDE WHERE IS THE FUCKING MONEY THAT WAS ALREADY GIVEN TO YOU?!?
Caps lock key is intermittent, maybe they should give you some of the money for a new keyboard instead of using it on the game. nah

I never use the caps lock key. They need to pay me for destroying the shift key on my keyboard.

3. Re: EM drive Nov 19, 2016, 12:39 The Half Elf

Happy Pre-Birthday Blue. So when are they going to put you in the Natural History Museum?  

5. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 12:12 The Half Elf

You want new contributors Chris Roberts? THEN SHIP THE FUCKING GAME YOU PROMISED TO HAVE SHIPPED BY NOW!
"New money will go towards concept and top tier ships"

WTF DUDE WHERE IS THE FUCKING MONEY THAT WAS ALREADY GIVEN TO YOU?!?

Also want to know the specs of the systems, cause we went through this shit with Alan Wake and the mega computer from the future they used for the tech demo's and come to find out it was pretty much gutted to work on a 360.
Fuck it.

DEREK SMART
DEREK SMART
DEREK SMART

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2016, 12:20.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
16. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Nov 18, 2016, 19:58 The Half Elf

Few things.

1) Level design, very hallway/room/hallway (granted I didn't get very far into the video). Hey look at all those baddies running right at us at this amazingly placed hallway. And watch out for the rocket guys at position X and Y and Z.
2) Why do games recently have all the voice work sound like they are standing next to you. Some have been good by making the voice audio get quieter and then it's over a radio (and vice versa). But this isn't one of them.

Just seems meh to me, sorry just being honest.
It reminds me of Star Wars Republic Commando's (which still holds up pretty well), but not as good.

News Comments > Planet Coaster Released
10. Re: Planet Coaster Released Nov 18, 2016, 08:14 The Half Elf

I loaded up an amazing park that is just pure fantasy land with castles and it ran smooth as hell. Was it expecting to crush my system.

Hats off to Frontier.

10705 Comments. 536 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo