Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10389 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Prey 2 Video
5. Re: Prey 2 Video Aug 19, 2016, 19:37 The Half Elf

Steazy wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 19:33:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 19:23:
Wow I was right, it is Bioshock in space.

Some horrible shadows and jaggies in that video.

I believe they used to call that System Shock.

I never played the series before Bioshock ( i know.. i'm sorry), but with the menu and station names, it looks like Bioshock in space, instead of Rapture.

Was it Half Life that had the multiplayer hide and seek mod where you could hide as objects?

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Prey 2 Video
2. Re: Prey 2 Video Aug 19, 2016, 19:23 The Half Elf

Wow I was right, it is Bioshock in space.

Some horrible shadows and jaggies in that video.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Ubisoft VR Games Release Schedule
9. Re: Ubisoft VR Games Release Schedule Aug 18, 2016, 21:36 The Half Elf

If they made a Trek game (has to be Trek license) with the different bridge stations like in Klingon Academy, had it multiplayer it would be a hit.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer
6. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer Aug 18, 2016, 21:34 The Half Elf

If you get to kill the IT guy from the 1st game I'll pre-order it NOW!

Trailer looks great, but how much of it was from in the game and how much was rendered cgi.

News Comments > Overwatch Animated Short
3. Re: Overwatch Animated Short Aug 18, 2016, 21:31 The Half Elf

Very Disney/Pixar/Short Circuit.

Very impressive.

News Comments > Ubisoft VR Games Release Schedule
6. Re: Ubisoft VR Games Release Schedule Aug 18, 2016, 19:06 The Half Elf

Bridge Crew... please don't require VR... please don't require VR.....  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Character & Weapon Customization
7. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Character & Weapon Customization Aug 18, 2016, 11:53 The Half Elf

And that's my thing is the Co-op.

Steam is The Half Elf and Ubi is Cpt_Ranger
I'd love to get back into the Division.

Granted they have a year to work some things out, and like you said The Division isn't a bad game, but they really did fuck up the DZ and kept making it worse.

5. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Character & Weapon Customization Aug 18, 2016, 10:48 The Half Elf

NamecaF wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 10:07:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 09:53:
Please don't suck.

I was really hoping this wouldnt suck too, but if this is anything to go by you can kiss that hope good bye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWDQqI9JeIE

The guy is a bit of a whiner. He has some valid arguments but also a few that aren't. For example the whole 'bike/chair' thing. The guy is moving forward, switches to aimed 1st person view, is still moving while shooting. Hence why he's closer to the bike. We've been able to aim and move in games for how long now?

Metal Gear Solid isn't an open world. Same in the way that Witcher 3 isn't an open world. It has some very large maps but there is still a transition from mission area to mission area (in MSGV) and the same in Witcher 3 (granted they area huge areas), same also applies for say World of Warcraft (just all in the wording I guess, depends how nitpicky you want to be).

Graphics wise, they game looks good, does it looks OMG awesome?!? No, but typically the bigger the maps the less 'ohhhh shiny!' ya get.

Surprised they aren't using the cover system from The Division. Watching an elite military team crouch down in doorways is painful to watch. Or in the Ubi video how using a non-silenced weapon didn't alert everyone in the compound.
One thing The Division did really well was the AI. It would take cover, use abilities, flank you, etc quite well and I'd love to see it in this game.
All I am seeing is 'easy kill bad guys who don't do shit, and then chase down the target with vehicles'.

The proof will be in the full game when you go after the guy in the church (as shown in the 1st gameplay video) vs what it really is like in the actual game.

News Comments > For Honor Details
1. Re: For Honor Details Aug 18, 2016, 09:59 The Half Elf

Also please don't suck.  

1. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Character & Weapon Customization Aug 18, 2016, 09:53 The Half Elf

Please don't suck.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Aug 17, 2016, 21:07 The Half Elf

deep fried in Mountain Dew!  

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Aug 17, 2016, 17:42 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 17:28:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 15:48:
He seemed like such a likeable guy, always smiling in interviews and being so forthright in answering questions when showing off work in progress playable demos of the game that looked AMAZING!

Who would have guessed he was just another sleazy guy lying his ass off in order to create a false narrative to shill his game to the unsuspecting masses.

The small indie developers are suppose to be above such unscrupulous tactics, right?

I believe you're talking about Chris Roberts.

Then this would be his son/nephew.

News Comments > Metal Gear Survive Announced
4. Re: Metal Gear Survive Announced Aug 17, 2016, 12:52 The Half Elf

Off the rails since he left?!?

I've tried playing Ground Zero/Phantom Pain, do I really need to see Kojima's name 800 times before I finish the game?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2016, 10:21 The Half Elf

Blue... you have the chair... you have the dog.... all you need is a leash and a street.

Might even be able to hit 88mph.

News Comments > Steep in December
3. Re: Steep in December Aug 17, 2016, 10:18 The Half Elf

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 10:16:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 10:11:
Some reason I'm really interested in this game.

It's because someone died making an ad for it.

Was interested before that ya fucking idiot.

News Comments > Steep in December
1. Re: Steep in December Aug 17, 2016, 10:11 The Half Elf

Some reason I'm really interested in this game.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
15. Re: Game Reviews Aug 16, 2016, 21:57 The Half Elf

I haven't seen them attack each other, but I have been stalked by critters on land and sea.

I've also fed a few and made them pets and they have followed me around, or dug up resources for me.

But I have yet to see anything even remotly close to what is shown in the video's by Hello Games.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Aug 16, 2016, 21:53 The Half Elf

I'm rather surprised no one has said 'Now that's some pole on pole action right there!'  

News Comments > New Overwatch Map Plans
1. Re: New Overwatch Map Plans Aug 16, 2016, 21:01 The Half Elf

Welcome... to Modern Stormwind!  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 16, 2016, 20:58 The Half Elf

Performance wise, YES. But everything that was shown publicly was scripted out the ass.

I'd love to see a false advertising lawsuit against Hello Games, as I would say this is one of the larger 'Bait and Switches' since Aliens: CM.

10389 Comments. 520 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo