Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11605 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Boasts 10M Players
1. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Boasts 10M Players Oct 12, 2017, 11:00 The Half Elf

10 million people played in 2 weeks. Ok so it's also Free to play. So how many active players did it have at it's peak?  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2017, 12:15 The Half Elf

Serious question/suggestion.

Why don't we just have a sugar/high fructose corn syrup tax instead? As I was surprised the other day reading the label on milk and seeing sugar in it.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Season Pass and Free Content Outlined
6. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Season Pass and Free Content Outlined Oct 11, 2017, 07:26 The Half Elf

NKD wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 04:15:
WTF Slick, those hippos...

Hippo lives matter™

News Comments > The Orange Box Turns 10
8. Re: The Orange Box Turns 10 Oct 11, 2017, 07:22 The Half Elf

I picked up the Black Box and still have my shirt  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 10, 2017, 20:38 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 14:32:
Verno wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 13:42:
I like Windows 10. Like every version of Windows ever, I just turn off the things I don't like. Every version of Windows has had its problems and issues. I remember when people here were proclaiming Windows 7 as the worst thing ever, funny how times have changed.

Huh, that's not what I remember. I recall article after article about how much better it was than fucking Vista and that MS had learned its lesson.

It's always been every OTHER version of windows. Vista, Win 8. Only thing I remember about 7 was everyone was freaking out about drivers.

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended
19. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended Oct 10, 2017, 19:03 The Half Elf

Slick wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 17:22:
1) so far the loot boxes don't do much, you can't complain that someone has a +7% dmg modifier. It will scale beyond that on launch, but if you're mad at someone having a +7% dmg increase on you, you'd be just as mad in any Battlefield game when someone has unlocked a better gun than you that kills 7% faster.

2) We don't know how the card packs will shake out on launch. We don't even know if they'll be purchasable on launch with real money. These are known unknowns, and not worth getting your panties in a twist over. I think it's entirely plausible that they launch without being able to buy card packs with real money, and add it a month or two down the road, JUST like they did with the gun and vehicle unlock packs from the past few Battlefield games. Which I do recall not being the end of the world.

3) Still, all of this counterbalances the fact that there is no "premium", no season pass for this game. All post-launch content is free for everyone who buys the base game. At the very least include this in your calculus about how greedy/evil EA is...

Um dude... some of those cards go up to 40% Go google, the shit is UNREAL.

We know EXACTLY how it will shake out, same as EVERY OTHER GAME TO DATE THAT IS PAY TO WIN/GET STUFF. You got money to burn you can buy all the top end cards, just like all the really fucking cool skins in Overwatch.

News Comments > Blizzard Internship Hints at New Overwatch Project
6. Re: Blizzard Internship Hints at New Overwatch Project Oct 10, 2017, 18:57 The Half Elf

SacredGinmill wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 18:32:
Maybe they are going to make an Overwatch MMO

And call it Project Titan!

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended
3. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended Oct 10, 2017, 11:19 The Half Elf

And people thought the Shadow of War loot boxes were bad, the ones Battlefront II has are fucking insane.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend
2. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Oct 10, 2017, 10:07 The Half Elf

Now here is a game that I'd love to see have a Battle Royal stand alone.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 17:38 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Oct 9, 2017, 17:22:
*raises a bottle to BN*

Salut!

nin, time to come back, buddy!

Where did nin go?

News Comments > Jurassic World Evolution Trailer
7. Re: Jurassic World Evolution Trailer Oct 9, 2017, 17:37 The Half Elf

To be fair, the Helicopter did have mounted weapons, and it was in-game. And it wasn't called a gameplay trailer.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 14:54 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 9, 2017, 13:56:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 9, 2017, 12:30:
Thank you for years/decades of your time and effort in providing us poor internet gaming minions with no fluff gaming news for so long.

I thought you liked fluffing?

Fluffing is just foreplay.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 12:30 The Half Elf

Thank you for years/decades of your time and effort in providing us poor internet gaming minions with no fluff gaming news for so long.

And congrats on your Giants keeping with seasonal tradition as well!

As for the assistant coach.... it's MIAMI! It's like going to California and having a cell phone before they were mainstream or having botox.... EVERYONE DOES IT!

News Comments > Jurassic World Evolution Trailer
2. Re: Jurassic World Evolution Trailer Oct 9, 2017, 12:20 The Half Elf

Ok so we get to see some art assets (which look good), but are we looking at a Planet Coaster/Theme Park type game or what?  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 09:57 The Half Elf

1badmf wrote on Oct 9, 2017, 03:39:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 21:21:
1badmf wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 16:58:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 15:18:
El Pit wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 14:08:
I wonder if Blade Runner 2049 is like the first Blade Runner movie: great movie, but box office poison. It seems people just want actors in colorful spandex costumes fighting each other... Whatever. I am going to watch BR2049 next week.

I feel this movie will have legs. Older farts like us will go see it, just not opening weekend. They compare it monetarily to Alien Covenant, but by all indications, that was a bad movie. I think BR2049 will continue to make decent money for several weeks. It's worth it to see a Denis Villeneuve film in theaters. They're always so gorgeous.

(spoiler free) it's worth seeing for the visuals alone, but the rest i wasn't a fan of, and i worship the original. it lacked the philosophy and the loneliness of the original. it was a straight plot sequel without attempting to match its artistic importance.

sidenote: i love gratuitous nudity as much as anyone, but it got distracting in this film. i feel like i missed some important things staring at glorious naked bodies.

If I remember correctly there were 3 nude moments in the entire movie. And I thought the loneliness was portrayed quite well with Ryan's performance.

i mean, there wasn't a ton of nudity, but there what there was, was quite ample. doesn't help that the JOI actress is a blazing hot exemplar of female perfection, nor that you don't... appreciate that type of thing as much as i do heh.

gosling's goslingness leaked out a little too much for such a robotic role. he's a naturally goofy dude and he had too much personality for my liking. and the film had fucking gags of all things. i mean they were funny, but they really undercut the mood and seriousness of the film for me.

i think i can say that it's a compelling detective-noir film, but not the important work of art that the original was.

I can appreciate the beauty of a women, the only thing that I took note of is it must have been very cold during the nude scenes especially the last JOI nude moment because those nipples could have cut glass.

But you can tell Harrison really got his leg fucked up between Force Awaken accident and his aircraft crashes due to his limp/attempt to run.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2017, 21:21 The Half Elf

1badmf wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 16:58:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 15:18:
El Pit wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 14:08:
I wonder if Blade Runner 2049 is like the first Blade Runner movie: great movie, but box office poison. It seems people just want actors in colorful spandex costumes fighting each other... Whatever. I am going to watch BR2049 next week.

I feel this movie will have legs. Older farts like us will go see it, just not opening weekend. They compare it monetarily to Alien Covenant, but by all indications, that was a bad movie. I think BR2049 will continue to make decent money for several weeks. It's worth it to see a Denis Villeneuve film in theaters. They're always so gorgeous.

(spoiler free) it's worth seeing for the visuals alone, but the rest i wasn't a fan of, and i worship the original. it lacked the philosophy and the loneliness of the original. it was a straight plot sequel without attempting to match its artistic importance.

sidenote: i love gratuitous nudity as much as anyone, but it got distracting in this film. i feel like i missed some important things staring at glorious naked bodies.

If I remember correctly there were 3 nude moments in the entire movie. And I thought the loneliness was portrayed quite well with Ryan's performance.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
8. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 8, 2017, 18:18 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 16:25:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 15:25:
Genesys wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 15:19:
A little googling shows that it's been a "game-changer" since 2013 or so. Rumors in 2016 were saying that in 2017, Apple Watches were going to use them. Now they're predicting them in 2018. Reliably producing them in mass quantities is apparently harder than it looks.
Looking forward to my Apple watch with a 4k display.
If you wear 5x reading glasses the screen will appear to be 18 inches across.

That's how most guys on the internet measure their dicks!

News Comments > Dead Rising 4 Adding Other CapCom Heroes
4. Re: Dead Rising 4 Adding Other CapCom Heroes Oct 7, 2017, 23:54 The Half Elf

If it had co-op like the previous ones I'd be in.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2017, 17:26 The Half Elf

Ok Blade Runner update:

Made it to the scene where Daryl Hanna get's invited into the apt building of the guy who builds toys/friends and fell asleep. I sorta know how the movie ends (tears in the rain blah blah).
So a co-worker took me to see Blade Runner 2049, and have to say it's still a weird movie, story is a bit easier to follow, but (TO ME) lacks all the cool "Shadowrun" look/feel/vibe, especially on the street level when Decker is eating Chinese food, or chasing down the pleasure replicant. Not quite Sixth Sense deep, but overall a pretty decent flick.

News Comments > GTA Online Adding Modes and a Bat-Tacular Car
4. Re: GTA Online Adding Modes and a Bat-Tacular Car Oct 7, 2017, 17:12 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 12:36:
I remember a time when this game was about crime and heists and such, instead of basically now being HotWheels Online.

So what's their plan for RDR2 Online? Within six months it'll be Minecraft?

All I do these days is wait for people to steal vehicles then go and steal them. I'm taking GTA back to it's roots!

11605 Comments. 581 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo