Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11357 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2017, 17:10 The Half Elf

Killer Kane wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 13:50:
"C*cksucker!"

First off it's COCKSUCKER!

Secondly it's MR COCKSUCKER! to you sir.

*will take hurricanes over tornado's any day of the week*

**loves how the people playing inside with airsoft weapons are wearing camouflage**

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Age of Heroes VR Released
7. Re: Age of Heroes VR Released Jul 21, 2017, 16:04 The Half Elf

Bridge Crew is the main reason I'm getting a VR Headset, oh and it comes free with a Vive

And just because YOU had eye surgery doesn't mean it's viable for everyone. I'd love to have Lasik done, but with my eye's it means I'd have to repeat the process every 4-5 years.

Here is a REALLY good video by Tested to help showcase the difference between the two.

And they did a follow up for the Rift Touch controllers.

And the upcoming Vive Knuckles work fine with the current sensors.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 2017, 17:01.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Age of Heroes VR Released
5. Re: Age of Heroes VR Released Jul 21, 2017, 14:21 The Half Elf

There are quite a few difference between the price. As I'm about to buy one (thank you Amazon gift cards!), and been doing a lot of research.

1) The Vive is very easy to plug into your pc. It has a base station everything plugs into, and then 1 hdmi and 1 usb on your computer. The Rift needs 1 usb and hdmi just for the headset, plus 1 extra usb for each sensor (which is 2 or 3).

2) The Vive is better if you have glasses as you can use a focus know on the device to adjust the vision, the rift you can't, and is really only designed for small frames. Also both headsets have their own version of the 'screen door' effect, once being circular and can't remember the other one. The rift has a smaller view area, where the vive has more widescreen viewing area.

3) The Rift has built in speakers, the vive does not but does have a spot on the headset to plug in speakers. Also the Rift is slightly lighter and smaller.

4) The Rift has a better out of the box headstrap, but as mentioned the Vive has one that's a 100 bucks and is better then both vive/rift headset straps.

5) Vive has more exclusives and is getting Skyrim/Fallout VR, while Rift is getting a Marvel combat game as an exclusive, but it seems there is software out there that allows for some cross play reguardless of the VR.

6)Playspace wise, the Vive is better, along with motion controllers over the Rift, and from what has been said about the upcoming Vive 'knuckles' they are 'the shit'.

Price is nice with the Rift, but I'm going to purchase the Vive. Less cables, better tracking and my biggest thing, won't need to use glasses or contacts makes it worth the extra money to me. Oh and another 500 hours in Skyrim/Fallout 4.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2017, 11:29 The Half Elf

MacLeod wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 10:51:
Bright... It's Shadowrun without the Cyberpunk!

Was telling other's that yesterday. Very excited by it.

*had to laugh at the fairy lives don't matter line*

News Comments > Diablo III Season 11 Live
2. Re: Diablo III Season 11 Live Jul 21, 2017, 11:17 The Half Elf

Come grind out more shit for another season!  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 21, 2017, 07:24 The Half Elf

Question.... even if the hyperloop doesn't work, size wise the tunnel alone could be used for a high speed train service right?  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior: Special Edition (2013) for Free
5. Re: Shadow Warrior: Special Edition (2013) for Free Jul 20, 2017, 22:27 The Half Elf

I thought it would be bigger..... *coughs*  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2017, 10:40 The Half Elf

I really liked Spider-Man except for 1 thing. I am tired of companies either white washing movies (The Ghost in the Shell), or forcing diversity on a character that has been established for decades. Fox tried this with Fantastic Four and it didn't work, and the backlash at Sony for doing this is getting worse.
As Stan Lee mentioned, people don't have a problem with diversity, but you just don't mess with something that has been established for so long.

News Comments > Casey Hudson Returning to BioWare as GM
6. Re: Casey Hudson Returning to BioWare as GM Jul 18, 2017, 19:01 The Half Elf

A GM has control on how many facial animators they hire right?  

News Comments > Agents of MAYHEM Trailer
2. Re: Agents of MAYHEM Trailer Jul 17, 2017, 22:05 The Half Elf

From my understanding there were only 3 agents in this game. Have all these trailers been for more agents?  

News Comments > Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown
4. Re: Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown Jul 17, 2017, 22:03 The Half Elf

"we will be offering full refunds to players who feel they are owed them"

Fucking really?

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 17, 2017, 16:21 The Half Elf

SHUT YUR MOUTH!  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2017, 21:26 The Half Elf

So I have to deal with junkies every FUCKING day next door still.

Here is how you fix it.

Open drug centers.
Have users come in and sign their life away. Personal property, vehicles, children etc.
Give users all the drugs they want.
Let them overdose, use whatever body parts you can.
Cremate them and use the ashes for a garden.

You clean out the crap end of the gene pool, I quit paying for their drug treatment/food stamps/welfare/etc.

It's not very pretty, but it's realistic and would take care of the problem, AND deal with the 'war on drugs'.

News Comments > Balloon Chair Death Match Free Weekend
2. Re: Balloon Chair Death Match Free Weekend Jul 15, 2017, 21:22 The Half Elf

Interesting concept, needs to be fleshed out a bit.  

News Comments > BAFL: Brakes Are For Losers Beta
1. Re: BAFL: Brakes Are For Losers Beta Jul 13, 2017, 22:11 The Half Elf

Hey Batz, we found the perfect driving game for you  

News Comments > Battlerite Free Weekend
1. Re: Battlerite Free Weekend Jul 13, 2017, 21:42 The Half Elf

Wrong post.

This comment was edited on Jul 13, 2017, 22:11.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 13, 2017, 21:32 The Half Elf

The trick to Prime Day is to wishlist things and then check the prices during the event.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2017, 19:25 The Half Elf

Go with the 1070 graphics card, and get it with 8 gigs of video ram.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 13, 2017, 19:18 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Jul 13, 2017, 18:47:
That's so idiotic when people buy into these marketing scams. It's like Black Friday. There are literally dozens of better sales throughout the year but people risk life and limb and insane crowds because they believe the hype.

Cutter, sir, love you dearly, but you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

News Comments > Interstellar Space: Genesis Preorders and Instant Access Underway
1. Re: Interstellar Space: Genesis Preorders and Instant Access Underway Jul 12, 2017, 22:51 The Half Elf

Pre-Alpha?  

11357 Comments. 568 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo