Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11572 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Jurassic World Evolution Trailer
2. Re: Jurassic World Evolution Trailer Oct 9, 2017, 12:20 The Half Elf

Ok so we get to see some art assets (which look good), but are we looking at a Planet Coaster/Theme Park type game or what?  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 09:57 The Half Elf

1badmf wrote on Oct 9, 2017, 03:39:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 21:21:
1badmf wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 16:58:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 15:18:
El Pit wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 14:08:
I wonder if Blade Runner 2049 is like the first Blade Runner movie: great movie, but box office poison. It seems people just want actors in colorful spandex costumes fighting each other... Whatever. I am going to watch BR2049 next week.

I feel this movie will have legs. Older farts like us will go see it, just not opening weekend. They compare it monetarily to Alien Covenant, but by all indications, that was a bad movie. I think BR2049 will continue to make decent money for several weeks. It's worth it to see a Denis Villeneuve film in theaters. They're always so gorgeous.

(spoiler free) it's worth seeing for the visuals alone, but the rest i wasn't a fan of, and i worship the original. it lacked the philosophy and the loneliness of the original. it was a straight plot sequel without attempting to match its artistic importance.

sidenote: i love gratuitous nudity as much as anyone, but it got distracting in this film. i feel like i missed some important things staring at glorious naked bodies.

If I remember correctly there were 3 nude moments in the entire movie. And I thought the loneliness was portrayed quite well with Ryan's performance.

i mean, there wasn't a ton of nudity, but there what there was, was quite ample. doesn't help that the JOI actress is a blazing hot exemplar of female perfection, nor that you don't... appreciate that type of thing as much as i do heh.

gosling's goslingness leaked out a little too much for such a robotic role. he's a naturally goofy dude and he had too much personality for my liking. and the film had fucking gags of all things. i mean they were funny, but they really undercut the mood and seriousness of the film for me.

i think i can say that it's a compelling detective-noir film, but not the important work of art that the original was.

I can appreciate the beauty of a women, the only thing that I took note of is it must have been very cold during the nude scenes especially the last JOI nude moment because those nipples could have cut glass.

But you can tell Harrison really got his leg fucked up between Force Awaken accident and his aircraft crashes due to his limp/attempt to run.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2017, 21:21 The Half Elf

1badmf wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 16:58:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 15:18:
El Pit wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 14:08:
I wonder if Blade Runner 2049 is like the first Blade Runner movie: great movie, but box office poison. It seems people just want actors in colorful spandex costumes fighting each other... Whatever. I am going to watch BR2049 next week.

I feel this movie will have legs. Older farts like us will go see it, just not opening weekend. They compare it monetarily to Alien Covenant, but by all indications, that was a bad movie. I think BR2049 will continue to make decent money for several weeks. It's worth it to see a Denis Villeneuve film in theaters. They're always so gorgeous.

(spoiler free) it's worth seeing for the visuals alone, but the rest i wasn't a fan of, and i worship the original. it lacked the philosophy and the loneliness of the original. it was a straight plot sequel without attempting to match its artistic importance.

sidenote: i love gratuitous nudity as much as anyone, but it got distracting in this film. i feel like i missed some important things staring at glorious naked bodies.

If I remember correctly there were 3 nude moments in the entire movie. And I thought the loneliness was portrayed quite well with Ryan's performance.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
8. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 8, 2017, 18:18 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 16:25:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 15:25:
Genesys wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 15:19:
A little googling shows that it's been a "game-changer" since 2013 or so. Rumors in 2016 were saying that in 2017, Apple Watches were going to use them. Now they're predicting them in 2018. Reliably producing them in mass quantities is apparently harder than it looks.
Looking forward to my Apple watch with a 4k display.
If you wear 5x reading glasses the screen will appear to be 18 inches across.

That's how most guys on the internet measure their dicks!

News Comments > Dead Rising 4 Adding Other CapCom Heroes
4. Re: Dead Rising 4 Adding Other CapCom Heroes Oct 7, 2017, 23:54 The Half Elf

If it had co-op like the previous ones I'd be in.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2017, 17:26 The Half Elf

Ok Blade Runner update:

Made it to the scene where Daryl Hanna get's invited into the apt building of the guy who builds toys/friends and fell asleep. I sorta know how the movie ends (tears in the rain blah blah).
So a co-worker took me to see Blade Runner 2049, and have to say it's still a weird movie, story is a bit easier to follow, but (TO ME) lacks all the cool "Shadowrun" look/feel/vibe, especially on the street level when Decker is eating Chinese food, or chasing down the pleasure replicant. Not quite Sixth Sense deep, but overall a pretty decent flick.

News Comments > GTA Online Adding Modes and a Bat-Tacular Car
4. Re: GTA Online Adding Modes and a Bat-Tacular Car Oct 7, 2017, 17:12 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 12:36:
I remember a time when this game was about crime and heists and such, instead of basically now being HotWheels Online.

So what's their plan for RDR2 Online? Within six months it'll be Minecraft?

All I do these days is wait for people to steal vehicles then go and steal them. I'm taking GTA back to it's roots!

News Comments > Amazon Prime Trial/Twitch Prime PSA
11. Re: Amazon Prime Trial/Twitch Prime PSA Oct 6, 2017, 23:49 The Half Elf

LittleMe wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 19:40:
they consider this matter severe enough to be a one strike and you're out offense.

Bow to our powerful Amazon overlords who shamelessly profile our every move.

You should see what we do to the micro trackers in the labels in the warehouse.....

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Oct 6, 2017, 22:14 The Half Elf

Drayth wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 21:28:
I'm not saying Transformers: Last Knight was good. It was a dumb, dumpster fire of a movie, yes. But. The effects involved in the final battle, which lasted quite a while melted my brain in IMax 3D when I saw it.

Also, original Pacific Rim was awesome. It was cheesy in all the right ways.

This trailer..eeeeeeh. That sense of scale they had with the mecha in the original seems to be lacking. Looks more like Power Rangers.

The only thing I will agree with you about is that is indeed a dumpster fire. I'd rather what Shia's bad moments in Transformers, and over an hour of his combing his hair in the last Indiana Jones movie then be forced to watch this again.

5. Re: Into the Black Oct 6, 2017, 21:09 The Half Elf

Just finished watching Transformers the last knight.

Do yourself a favor, go think of one of those more hurtful things you could do to yourself and repeat it for the run time of the movie and it may be more enjoyable. It's like George Lucas had a major Jar Jar Binks attack and it spread to this movie.

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta Opens
17. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta Opens Oct 6, 2017, 16:47 The Half Elf

Ok some quick impressions.

I really like how you can purchase the ability to play the Hero/Hero Ships, instead of waiting for little icons to pop up. But I miss the stunts of the ships, unless I'm missing something you couldn't dodge or get out of the way of missiles/rockets unless you flew behind cover.

Performance at 1080p at the default 55 FoV, Ultra with vsync (motion blur turned off), was a little wonky, even in the single player campaign mode. But I have to hand it to Dice, it's still a beautiful/sexy engine.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2017, 13:41 The Half Elf

MajorD wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 10:16:
Maybe the coffee hasn't kicked in and/or it has been a long week, but what am I missing in the

Video of man falling over for 9 seconds has surprise ending. video?

The video is a few years old, and fake. Also seems videosift is down.

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2017, 13:37 The Half Elf

I actually sent a email to Valve suggesting that my account my auctioned off, and all proceeds go to a charity.
Sadly never heard anything back.

News Comments > Amazon Prime Trial/Twitch Prime PSA
5. Re: Totes Malotes Oct 6, 2017, 13:26 The Half Elf

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 11:41:
So if I don't know what Twitch Prime is, should I be enraged or excited? Will I still be able to use 1-click. Will this affect my Whole Foods Cafe purchases. Did I use affect when I should have used effect.
So confused.

The joke was stupid the last time.

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 Requirements
2. Re: The Evil Within 2 Requirements Oct 6, 2017, 00:08 The Half Elf

NKD wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 23:10:
*places down astroturf in place of the normal grass*

LOL *hands NDK a gold star*

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins System Requirements
5. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins System Requirements Oct 6, 2017, 00:06 The Half Elf

Wetworks wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 23:41:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 22:29:
Wow you are full of fucking shit. Shouldn't you be over in the Evil Within 2 thread astroturfing?

Get lost, I don't have time to waste on idiots like you.

I've posted this before and I'll post this again.

Every Ubisoft game since the first Assassin's Creed (at least first party) has had major enhancements made to the PC releases of it's games. Typically Ubisoft has held back a few titles from being released at the same time of their console versions.

Assassin's Creed Series, Watch Dogs franchise, Ghost Recon Wildlands, The Division, Rainbow Six Siege, Far Cry series have ALL had some sort of video (I believe all by Nvidia) showcasing the extra features of the game.

Now as for performance, the only game I've had issue with (meeting all recommended spec's with maybe exception to the original Assassin's Creed) the games I listed was Assassin's Creed Unity. Then again this a very graphically aggressive game, and Ubisoft had to patch ALL versions of this game to get acceptable framerate.

Now if you'd like me to compare Ubisoft's Avil to Bethesda's ID Tech 5, and compare compatibility, performance, etc I'll be more then happy to.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins System Requirements
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins System Requirements Oct 5, 2017, 22:29 The Half Elf

Wow you are full of fucking shit. Shouldn't you be over in the Evil Within 2 thread astroturfing?  

3. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2017, 21:47 The Half Elf

They must be talking about my ex (the power bottom). The running joke was that Disney created a movie just for him called The Black Hole.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 5, 2017, 16:14 The Half Elf

Verno wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 14:39:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 14:22:
Right, we won't run out in our lifetimes, but given its usefulness in so many applications, I would think we should be more judicious in it's use.

So wrong. CONSUME like a good little human jd.

Vemo the question should be, do you want to be part of that 3.27% that looses everything on a drive. Documents, Photos, Videos etc?

Risk/Reward

News Comments > New Star Trek Online Season
2. Re: New Star Trek Online Season Oct 4, 2017, 14:14 The Half Elf

It's going very strong, but sadly games like Champions Online are just rotting to death in a time where Superhero/Comic movies are at a all time high.

Thankfully Levar has had enough time in a sound booth to handle the character, as every other actor from Trek has sounded like they were just woken up and not given any coffee.

11572 Comments. 579 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo