Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11612 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Destiny 2 Preloads
13. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 18, 2017, 22:48 The Half Elf

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 22:19:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 22:07:
Slick wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 20:35:
Step one: pre-order

Step two: cancel pre-order looking at all the better games coming out this season

Step three: be thankful you're not put into quick matches where you're at a disadvantage unless you've paid for in-game shop items.

Ok I can't tell if you're serious or not with Step 3. If you are, do you not get how hypocritical you are?

A challenge of wits? Will you supply the Iocaine powder and a princess as hostage as well?

And I am not on your ass. Even I have standards.
LOL
But Step 1, really?
Whatever you do half-elf, don't challenge him to an iq test, not even the dotus would do something that dumb. o wait

That's the thing... High IQ doesn't equal common sense. And like Trump, it's this egotistical narcissism thing that people do when they get caught in some sort of bullshit lie/moment/whatever, which results in a a-typical fight or flight response.

I'd expect the next comment would be a measure of dick sizes, or who's dad could beat up who.

*starts taking up tin foil hat origami*

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 18, 2017, 22:17 The Half Elf

Slick,
Welcome to ignore.
Enjoy your stay.

I win.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

7. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 18, 2017, 22:07 The Half Elf

Slick wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 20:35:
Step one: pre-order

Step two: cancel pre-order looking at all the better games coming out this season

Step three: be thankful you're not put into quick matches where you're at a disadvantage unless you've paid for in-game shop items.

Ok I can't tell if you're serious or not with Step 3. If you are, do you not get how hypocritical you are?

A challenge of wits? Will you supply the Iocaine powder and a princess as hostage as well?

And I am not on your ass. Even I have standards.

4. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 18, 2017, 21:54 The Half Elf

Slick wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 20:56:
Ech, I was happy this franchise came to PC, I'm still stoked to play through it eventually. The first one was some of the best fun I've had on a console. I just know that it turns into a grind-fest in the late game, and I don't have the time to commit right now. This will be a good game to revisit in early 2018, once it has a few patches.

Grindfest.... said the guy defending Battlefront II and Star Cards.
You're funny.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Oct 18, 2017, 21:49 The Half Elf

I would have used napalm.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2017, 15:43 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 13:23:
I worked lighting for the Hip's first CD release party at the Diamond Club in Toronto back in the day. Didn't think they were going to go anywhere, which shows that talent scout or band manager was certainly not in my future as a career. I still don't care for most of their music but Downie was a good guy and I'm sure there are a lot of sad people out there today.

Already had this conversation about your taste in music Cutter (or lack of).

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 15:32 The Half Elf

Verno wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 12:48:
I don't know, I find this sort of male posturing bizarre. You would want a socially stunted sexual predator? The kind of person who thinks its ok to party with and sleep with your kids as a 30 year has some serious problems. Yeah that kind of person could do no mental harm to young people at all. Read about what the kid was doing while this was going on in the article.

As a parent I don't want this kind of person anywhere near teenagers, male or female.

Even as a gay guy, I would know better then to fuck it up by taking pictures/bragging/logging about it.
You don't fuck with a good thing!

Who the fuck taught these kids?!?

News Comments > Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction
32. Re: Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction Oct 18, 2017, 09:29 The Half Elf

DangerDog wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 05:17:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 05:07:
How hard is it to make a single player game with Jedi Knight/Outcast's Saber combat?!?

They already made that game, Force Unleashed 1 & 2.

I guess they could do an updated version with the new star wars themes from the latest movies, I guess some people actually like it but I know I sure don't.

I would fall out of my chair laughing if they made an entire game focused on playing as Rey or Finn.

Re-Read what I said, with saber combat like Outcast/Jedi Academy (yeah I missed academy). Force Unleashed's SABER COMBAT was nothing like it, and was more of a Devil May Cry/ God of War system.

News Comments > Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction
22. Re: Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction Oct 18, 2017, 05:07 The Half Elf

How hard is it to make a single player game with Jedi Knight/Outcast's Saber combat?!?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 17, 2017, 12:04 The Half Elf

I can't blame them. Going from my old Amazon building to the brand new biggest sort center ever, it's night and day the level of tech and engineering that goes into a place. Once they get driver-less vehicles, and robots that can load and unload trucks, Amazon will be vastly automated.  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Oct 16, 2017, 21:59 The Half Elf

Shoulda taken all of those damn things into space and let them burn up on re-entry.  

News Comments > Overwatch Boasts 35 Million Players
1. Re: Overwatch Boasts 35 Million Players Oct 16, 2017, 20:39 The Half Elf

35 million, take that Fortnite!  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 16, 2017, 19:38 The Half Elf

Slick wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 14:40:
"(often bought with real money)"

Bullshit.

Just because occasionally some tards want to pay-to-convenience and get ahead, doesn't mean that this is "often". That's intellectually dishonest and misleading.

For instance, I've never known anyone to actually pay real money for something that you can just earn in-game. Shit, most people I know will bitch and moan for 6 months debating whether they should spend $9.99 on a 5-map pack DLC...

Slick please take into account mobile games as well.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2017, 14:51 The Half Elf

Blue wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 13:24:
Pigeon wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 13:13:
Sucks for Rodgers coming from what is apparently a 'legal' late hit. I understand they don't want to discourage defenders from pursuing the QB, but I see that kind of hit a lot, and I know it's meant to intimidate QB's and physically shake them.

I dunno, I didn't like that at all. It seemed there was a clear beat after the ball left his hand, and the defender definitely made an effort to fall on Rodgers with his full weight. I've seen flags dropped on far cleaner hits than that. I'd be beside myself if I was a Packers fan.

Psst Blue,
As a Cubs fan (actually the only reason I picked them is because they have a stadium I want to go to, and the longest non-World series record, and well Back to the Future II), you need to be patient.
Statistically speaking, the longer they suck, the better you'll feel when they actually win. Granted we'll all probably be dead by then and dinosaurs will re-rule the earth (chaos theory and all that), but it CAN happen (but probably won't because most of us are sane and realists), but I don't want to COMPLETELY dash your hopes and dreams, (more like decapitate them).

GOOD LUCK!

News Comments > Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay?
19. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 16, 2017, 12:16 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 11:50:
NKD wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 11:34:
Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 11:05:
Chris Roberts Synergy Buzzwords Seminar 2.4

Shut up and take my money.

Gladly. Please go to crestonspaceindustries.com and sign up to buy any package with pictures of pretty spaceships.

Knowing your love of space sims and the X series, it would not surprise me at all if it was legit

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Oct 16, 2017, 11:20 The Half Elf

Where is all the fucking "savings" that publishers promised by going to digital copies of games?  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2017, 02:25 The Half Elf

NKD wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 00:36:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 15, 2017, 22:38:
We have a bunch of self entitled people who want instant results, instant no pain, who have a small problem and go whine to doctors

This may come as a shock, but many people have pain that can't be addressed by taking Ibuprofen, and will never go away on its own..

I agree to a point.
But my mom was 74, and when she was about 68 or so I was visiting her and she had a HALF CAKE PAN sized container of drugs. Now granted this was probably about 2 years of meds (why only took what she needed), but she had crap like a 90 day supply of Oxycontin. My sister and I finally went with her to the doctor (who wrote most of the scripts) with roughly 20-22 different medications to find out why she was on all this shit. After doing a little research online just to find out what all the meds were for, we got her down to 6 meds.

And yes there are medical issues that require many high end medications and/or treatments.... but for opiates alone that was what I was referring to.
Go stand out in front of a methadone clinic when they first open. My ex-neighbor needed a ride (she use to do Heroin years ago) to the clinic and I sat in the car. I was really shocked by how many non-drug/junkie people were there due to medication addiction.
But at the same time the clinic kept upping her dose every month or so instead of the opposite.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2017, 22:38 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 15, 2017, 15:28:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 15, 2017, 14:36:
Congress has not done anything to stop gun deaths, why should the opioid crisis be any different.

Cuz drugs, man! DRUGS!

Oh, wait. This is a white drug problem, so you're right. They'll do nothing.

EDIT: Okay, after reading the story, it's the same reason we can't have reasonable gun regulation: corporations paid the congress people to not regulate opioids. Yet another problem that would be much better if corporations weren't allowed to fund politician campaigns.

EDIT 2: The last thing I'll say (promise!) is that pain management is a serious issue, and not enough people are getting the pain meds that they need. So the real problem is 1) how to prevent recreational users from getting them and 2) how to get suffering people the drugs since doctors are now too shy about prescribing them.

So since Thursday I've been having slowly rising pains in my left abdomen, until yesterday after work when I got home it was so bad that I was hurting every time I was breathing, and having going up and down stairs. Thought I was having a kidney stone, but more likely diverticulitis flare up (never had one before), as I've NEVER had this sort of pain before. I took 3 ibuprofen, drank a shitload of water and by the time I went to work this morning and now the pain in practically gone.

I had people offering me all sorts of meds (to some "dear lord how do you even stand up after taking this" opiate medications). I didn't take them. We have a bunch of self entitled people who want instant results, instant no pain, who have a small problem and go whine to doctors who get incentives to push narcotics with worse addiction problems then alcohol and tobacco combined.

News Comments > PUBG Sets New CCU Record, Bans More Players
4. Re: PUBG Sets New CCU Record, Bans More Players Oct 15, 2017, 19:57 The Half Elf

I AM MURDERING ORCS INSTEAD OF OTHER PEOPLE!

#DeadOrcsMatter

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2017, 15:10 The Half Elf

I don't think they should stop the opiate crisis. Give them all the opiates they want and watch them drop dead. Scavenge for parts and viola!

And it's not a kidney stone Blue, just the first time having diverticulitis (still painful as hell), so if you still want to trade?

11612 Comments. 581 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo