Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11518 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ultima Online Turns 20
1. Re: Ultima Online Turns 20 Sep 24, 2017, 14:11 The Half Elf

Still have my Beta CD here somewhere....  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite
30. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Sep 22, 2017, 20:13 The Half Elf

They are angry because they are all using the PUBG name (literally) to push their own project which by themselves aren't anything like PUBG, but are adding in a PUBG mode.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo
15. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo Sep 20, 2017, 21:38 The Half Elf

Wow, maxed out hitting just under 60fps.

They fixed the braking shit from 6. Visually is fucking stunning, and the Dubai map was a nice addition.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Sep 20, 2017, 21:35 The Half Elf

I hope Bernie has his theme music with him.  

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo
7. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo Sep 20, 2017, 04:00 The Half Elf

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 23:19:
Evil Timmy wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 21:17:
Starts in windowed 720p then jumps to 4k when fullscreened, all on a 2560x1600 monitor. Runs like garbage, with massive interface pauses and hitching throughout, on a factory-OC 1080 and NVMe SSD, yet Forza 6 ran nearly flawlessly. Pretty when it's not awful, but 22GB, really?

If you've turned off Framerate Smoothing in the settings, that could be the cause of the hitching. In FH3, it's a stutterfest if you don't have that turned on. I'm not a fan of the Forza Motorsport series, but OH BOY do I love Forza Horizon.

I'm assuming you have at least a 4-core processor, as you didn't list it. If you're on a dual core, it's gonna struggle. FH3 puts a processor thru the wringer, but it IS open world, so it may have higher demands.

They actually patched out the framerate hitches in FH3 for the PC, as there were a few spots (especially in the forest where the game first starts).

Driving wise in FH series has always been more arcadish, but I do have Forza 5 and 6.... 6 did something with the braking system that I hate, so hopefully they fixed that in 7, but otherwise like the rest in the series the has been very realistic in terms of high quality vehicle performance (which exception of Forza 3 which made AWD vehicles superior to anything else but was fixed in 4).

News Comments > Wild West Online Closed Alpha
2. Re: Wild West Online Closed Alpha Sep 15, 2017, 10:36 The Half Elf

Environment looked good from what I saw, but overall wasn't very impressed.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Story Disputed
2. Re: Star Citizen Refund Story Disputed Sep 14, 2017, 19:57 The Half Elf

Yeah because no one else was lied to or strung along, IT MUST BE DEREK SMART!

Or Old Man Smithers from the run down amusement park.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
18. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 14, 2017, 18:35 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 16:18:
SlimRam wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 11:20:
"... he said he wants to be "less of a dick" with his interactions with people online."

Wow, you mean that would someday come back to bite you in the ass, cliffy?

I will let Dr Cox and Laverne's choir summarize my feelings.

That was..... AWESOME.....

*adds Scrubs to long list of stuff I want to watch but never will*

News Comments > $45K Star Citizen Refund?
55. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund Sep 14, 2017, 18:33 The Half Elf

VoodooV wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 12:38:
Angrius Maximis wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 12:29:
well hate him or not at least Derek Smart actually releases games

Wing Commander, Wing Commander 2, Strike Commander, Privateer, Wing Commander 3, Wing Commander 4, Starlancer, Freelancer, and other games would all like to disagree with that. They're certainly more successful and iconic than anything DS sat on a toilet for.

Two things missing from that. 1) Chris Roberts was on a leash with EA holding it, then Microsoft with the last two games, to make sure the development was on track. Secondly if I'm not mistaken Chris Roberts was removed from the last two projects.

8. Re: Into the Black Sep 13, 2017, 06:47 The Half Elf

El Pit wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 01:35:
The Ewoks are "Porgs" this time and look like penguins with huge baby eyes.

Star Wars ended in 1983.

But if Sphero makes a Porg I AM SO GONNA BUY ONE... IT'S SO CUUUUUUUTE!

News Comments > FIFA 18 Demo
4. Re: FIFA 18 Demo Sep 13, 2017, 06:44 The Half Elf

Jivaro wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 01:26:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 23:37:
Never really got into soccer games before and picked up Fifa 17 (love my youngest nephew...cheating little shit, but I AM THE GAMER IN THE FAMILY!), and have to say I'm not very fancy playing it but really have been enjoying the single player story.

really? wow, I wouldn't have even given the single player story a look as the two I have tried in sports games, both being 2K basketball games, were boring as all hell. Now I am curious...have to check that out.

It's called the Journey, and they continue the Hunter character in Fifa 18. Apparently they are doing the something similar with Madden this year which is why I'll probably pick up both games (but will wait for the Super Bowl cause they offer a vastly discounted version).

4. Re: J.J. Abrams to Direct ‘Star Wars- Episode IX,’ Replacing Trevorrow. Sep 12, 2017, 23:53 The Half Elf

I might have missed it but anyone heard anything from Rigs?  

News Comments > Hurl VR Released
1. Re: Hurl VR Released Sep 12, 2017, 23:40 The Half Elf

Cool concept, but still waiting on Tron Discs!  

News Comments > FIFA 18 Demo
1. Re: FIFA 18 Demo Sep 12, 2017, 23:37 The Half Elf

Never really got into soccer games before and picked up Fifa 17 (love my youngest nephew...cheating little shit, but I AM THE GAMER IN THE FAMILY!), and have to say I'm not very fancy playing it but really have been enjoying the single player story.  

News Comments > Play The Division Free This Weekend
4. Re: Play The Division Free This Weekend Sep 12, 2017, 23:35 The Half Elf

Very good game, solid co-op, AMAZINGLY SMART AI that actually works as a group and is really nasty especially when they use the full environment to their advantage (especially vertically).

Also suffers from some horrible design choices like being able to cut the rope of helicopters extracting all the shit you just spent hours creeping around, avoiding patrols, pvp assholes, etc to get.

News Comments > Op Ed
42. Re: Op Ed Sep 12, 2017, 20:26 The Half Elf

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 17:27:
Quboid wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 14:19:
VaranDragon wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 13:40:
HoSpanky wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 12:32:
None of you read the article. It's a comedy piece. See that bit there Blue put in (Satire)? You ARE the Facebook crowd, getting bent out of shape because you're too lazy to pay attention.

Or we did read the article and regardless of its satire (or perhaps because of it) it poses interesting questions that maybe should be discussed?

Nearly everyone was talking about PewDiePie, the person being satirised. I think HoSpanky was too lazy to pay attention.

When did I say it wasn't about PDP? Literally every post prior to my first one was about how dumb/wrong the author was, zero of those people read the article before posting, which is Facebook thinking. "I know all I need to from the article title, which I didn't read very clearly". PewDiePie was absolutely the intended "writer" for that article.

Anyway, it's back to the whole Spider-Man catchphrase. People who have a lot of influence really, REALLY need to realize that everything they do can and will be imitated by the kids who adore them. These people need to hold themselves to a higher standard. Fame always comes with that, and these shitheels don't want to change themselves at all despite being role models. I'm lumping professional atheletes in with streamers here, btw. Both behave badly FAR more than they ought to.

HoSpanky I gotta stop you right there and call bullshit. The problem is the entire "well they did it so I did it too!" excuse. And your thinking perpetuates this bullshit notion that people aren't responsible for their choices.
As I said in my first post, EVERYTHING I listed was used as an excuse for problematic behavior (please take in effect the time and how views have changed over the decades from say Radio/Rock n Roll/Elvis to what we have now).

And what about fucktards that are now role models that shouldn't be, like Magic Johnson. Cheated on his wife, got AIDS and then became the fucking spoke person for it.

They are not ROLE MODELS. They never asked to be, they never signed up, people like you are putting titles on them because they are popular. Maybe YOU need to rethink some of the things you say before going off on others.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Sep 12, 2017, 12:57 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 12:47:
OR, you know, people can't read the article because their work blocks it.

Or get around it by using google translate

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Sep 12, 2017, 11:38 The Half Elf

Slashman wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 11:35:
Sure we could just leave him alone, but then he's teaching a generation of kids how to be assholes.

Then we'll end up complaining about how kids these days are total assholes. Who taught them that...?

So like Radio, Elvis, Dungeons and Dragons, Video Games, Bevis and Butthead, First Person Shooters, we are now going to pin everything on him for this generation?

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Sep 12, 2017, 11:15 The Half Elf

And here's the thing. If ya don't like it then don't watch him. I personally can't fucking stand him.  

News Comments > Atomega Next Week
2. Re: Atomega Next Week Sep 11, 2017, 21:52 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 20:31:
Yeah that's what there's a shortage of in gaming right now, arena shooters, mobas, and arpgs. Rolleyes

And angry posts from a Canadian.

Actually looks pretty unique.

11518 Comments. 576 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo