Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11041 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Smedley Opens New Amazon Games Studio
10. Re: Smedley Opens New Amazon Games Studio Feb 15, 2017, 22:52 The Half Elf

Beamer wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 21:25:
The Half Elf wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 21:08:
Ranger55 wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 20:54:
Amazon must have the occasional failure. By hiring that dumbass Smedley, they have pretty much ensured that this will fail.

At Amazon we hire 100 people a week. And MAYBE retain 10-15 of them after two months. This is just a much bigger job position. And with his history I don't see him being kept very long.

You work in Hebron. SLU hires way more per week, and retains them. Salaried and hourly aren't comparable, and this studio will be all salaried

But the Amazon way is produce results. They are VERY mechanical in this nature. Because they way I am reading it is that Amazon wants to dip into the Twitch market. With Star Citizen and now Amazon Games Studio, I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon makes their own version of Twitch.
And when Amazon goes at something they go in at full force.
Example is Amazon building more buildings at in their current areas (like mine), and also building an entire hub at the CVG airport.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Prey Footage
2. Re: Prey Footage Feb 15, 2017, 21:26 The Half Elf

It's Bioshock in space. It'll start with a space lighthouse as you get out of your crashed spaceship, get inside a spacestation, realize you're part of some crazy experiment and go after the people who started it.

TADA!

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

8. Re: Smedley Opens New Amazon Games Studio Feb 15, 2017, 21:08 The Half Elf

Ranger55 wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 20:54:
Amazon must have the occasional failure. By hiring that dumbass Smedley, they have pretty much ensured that this will fail.

At Amazon we hire 100 people a week. And MAYBE retain 10-15 of them after two months. This is just a much bigger job position. And with his history I don't see him being kept very long.

4. Re: Smedley Opens New Amazon Games Studio Feb 15, 2017, 20:54 The Half Elf

Didn't he just close his old studio in Jan?

Oh the day after Xmas. Wow.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2017, 12:37 The Half Elf

Blue wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 12:33:
BobBob wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 11:58:
Moving to where?

Pennsyltucky. Decided the weather here is too warm.

So if I stand on my roof in Northern Kentucky with a pair of binoculars and look at Pennsylvania, I could see the New Blue Tower from here?

You know if that's the case I'm showing up with a moonshine welcoming gift, and will demand a Bluesnews t-shirt

News Comments > For Honor Workarounds
5. Re: For Honor Workarounds Feb 15, 2017, 12:21 The Half Elf

I have all the updates for Windows 10 and still had the stuttering controller problem.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2017, 12:23 The Half Elf

*cue Green Acres theme*
Congrats (I hope)! Just make sure to flea/tick the hell out of Gunnar!

So can we call it the Blue Ranch? *cue Dallas theme*

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2017, 18:34.

13. Re: On Sale Feb 13, 2017, 02:12 The Half Elf

Watch Dogs wasn't BAD, but the main character was a bit.... undercooked. Watch Dogs 2... something about it just isn't compelling me to finish it. The only way I can describe it, is sorta like a episode of Star Trek TNG or Voyager, how regardless of what happens, everything will be all hunky dory by the end. Now Watch Dogs 2 does have more depth to the characters (I also liked the Asian guy from the first game), but Kenny (who is in both) bores the fuck out of me, and would be the 3rd video game character I'd love to kill right after Lamar and Michael's son in GTA5.

Also whoever recommended The Expanse (holy shit when did SyFy actually get decent actors and budget?), pretty impressed with the first episode and will keep watching it.

But after 3 episodes of Stranger Things I had to binge watch the rest, and it's gonna be a damn long wait till Halloween.

News Comments > Sunday Patches
3. Re: Sunday Patches Feb 12, 2017, 21:52 The Half Elf

I misread it as a Postmortem. I think they really need to get out a shoebox and bury this thing in the backyard.  

8. Re: still 2016? Feb 12, 2017, 21:18 The Half Elf

PSA: If you have not seen Stranger Things, you are missing something special.

*still waiting to see Blue/Eddie in his Christmas Vacation bathrobe shoveling snow picture*

28. Re: On Sale Feb 12, 2017, 00:46 The Half Elf

All I ask about religion is two things.
1) be open to all of it or none of it.
2) don't use it as a weapon.

I enjoy learning and talking about religions, just please don't ask me to have your faith in them (I like karma myself).

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
8. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 11, 2017, 19:05 The Half Elf

AMD is great... ON PAPER. Until a finish retail product comes out I wouldn't hold your breath. I would love for AMD to compete with Intel again.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2017, 15:08 The Half Elf

TangledThorns wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 14:49:
Awesome news! Smash Policeman

Make America Safe Again

Lady has been here since she was 14, has adult children, doesn't speak english, was given a voluntary deportation notice.
YES the USA is all made up of immigrants, but the days of boatloads of people coming in and via Ellis Island are long past.
Where do you draw the line?

*still wants Infinity War to be two/three movies*

News Comments > Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise
12. Re: Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise Feb 11, 2017, 14:09 The Half Elf

El Pit wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 05:00:
ViRGE wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 04:52:
I get why they picked the Enterprise. However I personally would have liked to see the Defiant; it's a tough little ship.

LITTLE?!

You still now how to fire phasers right?

26. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2017, 21:11 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 19:35:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 15:48:
Shoveling snow is particularly risky:
1. It is often done by people that do little other working out.
2. The exercise increases heart rate and blood pressure.
3. The cold forces the closure of external capillaries further increasing your blood pressure.

And of course, there's the occasional falling... for nine seconds.

As fake as that is, when I try to dance I look like that. People come up and ask if I need help, or my medication for seizures.

News Comments > Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise
2. Re: Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise Feb 10, 2017, 18:59 The Half Elf

If there was ONE game that would cause me to get a headset it would be this. But considering how basic the controls are, you will never get anything close to Bridge Commander or Starfleet/Klingon Academy.  

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct
10. Re: Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct Feb 10, 2017, 15:00 The Half Elf

How about they get RID of all the trash on Steam first.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2017, 10:43 The Half Elf

Report: Over 75% of Women in real life are Evil Video Game Bosses just practicing in case they get to be in a Video Game.  

News Comments > Overwatch PTR Changes
2. Re: Overwatch PTR Changes Feb 10, 2017, 10:28 The Half Elf

So when are they going to reduce all the sniper's hit boxes, especially Hanzo's?

As a person who play's Lucio as his main character, Roadhog's are cake. Once you get hooked you can alt fire and push him away, but it does take some timing.

This comment was edited on Feb 10, 2017, 10:56.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs
37. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 21:40 The Half Elf

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 19:09:
The Half Elf wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 15:49:
Um the heli controls sucked on Mouse and Keyboard AND controller. There is no way to side strafe, and overall they just suck. Myself and mrgrosser were both hating them. At least with say BF3/BF4 they are fine with a mouse and keyboard, and in GTA you probably want a gamepad, but they need reworked badly.

Agreed. Vehicles were crap overall, which is bad because you will need them to get around. Very mediocre. AI was also not good.

Already ordered Horizon. The videos from that game just make me want to play it. THis game is a Steam sale at best.

I had no problems with vehicles except they stick to the road more then Watch Dogs 2 (which I hate), and bikes could use a little tweaking but were actually quite enjoyable. Then again I've played a shitload of Forza Motorsports/Horizons/GTA Online (and I personally think GTA Online has the best real to/enjoyable arcade out there).

11041 Comments. 553 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo