Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11514 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Sep 29, 2017, 00:42 The Half Elf

Confession time.

I have seen MAYBE 45 mins of Blade Runner. I understand there are roughly 5-6 versions of the movie. Which would be THE (or multiple) version(s) to watch before seeing 2049?

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 28, 2017, 23:32 The Half Elf

I really dislike Westerns, but if you never played Red Dead Redemption you are doing yourself a disservice.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 28, 2017, 16:11 The Half Elf

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 14:21:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 12:23:
I thought we got that with the 1060-1080 series from Nvidia and that was just within the last 2 years.

While the performance leap (and low power usage) of the 1000 series was indeed a big, awesome surprise, nothing comes even close to the mind-boggling difference the first 3dfx card offered. The comparison screenshots of Tomb Raider and Mechwarrior 2 were all I needed to see to convince me I needed to save up for a 3dfx card. There wasn’t any YouTube back then, so I was unaware that it wouldn’t only LOOK better, but it’d run at a MUCH higher framerate. No one even paid attention to framerate back then, outside of “it’s unplayably slow”.

3dfx changed everything. It’s a shame they’re gone, but they held onto the Glide wrapper for too long. Nvidia’s GeForce came along with 32 bit color and support for high-poly curves in Quake 3, and it was over.

Would you like me to post pictures of my 3dfx cards? (Yes I still have them, and the Mechwarrior 2 CD's that came with them).

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 28, 2017, 12:23 The Half Elf

I thought we got that with the 1060-1080 series from Nvidia and that was just within the last 2 years.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 12:21 The Half Elf

Retired wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 12:13:
RDR 2 info out today. About an hour ago.

Time for a few play through of RDR on various systems.....I will be doing this on PS4 I think - have zero interest in PVP. Just want a great SP story. At least 100 hours please!

Hmm Dutch was the main baddie in RDR1, seems this is a prequel. RIP John Marston!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 11:56 The Half Elf

There was a comic I read in a Playboy magazine many many many moons ago.

I believe it was Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson sitting at a table, with a black slave standing behind them. Ben starts off saying "All men are creative equal" and Thomas stops him and says, "Have you ever seen the dick on a black guy?" with the black guy in the back with a huge smile on his face.

Thanks for the laughs AND articles Hefner.

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Launches
25. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Launches Sep 27, 2017, 09:31 The Half Elf

And people think I'm a drama queen.  

21. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Launches Sep 26, 2017, 20:06 The Half Elf

"So, we just want to emphasize this is only a problem because Epic Games is the company that makes the engine we use and we pay a large amount of royalties to them," Kim said. "And we had this business relationship and we had trust that we would be getting continued support, and we were looking forward to working more closely with them to get technical support, maybe develop new features. But our name was used to officially promote their game without our knowledge. There was no discussion. It was just a bit surprising and disappointing to see our business partner using our name officially to promote the game mode that is pretty similar to us and there was misunderstanding in the community that we're officially involved in the project."  

15. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Launches Sep 26, 2017, 17:41 The Half Elf

Blizzard didn't invent the MMO Wheel but it did refine it. Same goes for every genre. But Epic Games was putting out marketing material using the PUBG name. It is the Battle Royale "genre" which you could use FPS, MOBA, RTS, etc, but no the explicitly used PUBG in referencing their game, which is a pretty big no no among devs.  

12. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Launches Sep 26, 2017, 16:34 The Half Elf

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 26, 2017, 16:05:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 26, 2017, 10:50:
Game isn't even out of Early Access and it has to rip off another game. Not looking good.

I have to question your thought process. What is wrong with making a feature in your game better than the opposition? That process has been going on for eons. In the end we as players end up benefiting.

How anyone can construe that as bad.....

Fair observation.

You make game A. Game A is in Early access finally after a year or two of being pushed back since it was announced. Game A is in Early Access, so instead of putting all resources into it to get the game shipped, they are putting more resources in a game mode trying to bolster it's sales by 1) copying another games mode, and 2) literally using other games name in marketing to promote your own game.

I have no problem with 1, (except the game needs to ship first), but I do have problems with 2.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2017, 10:58 The Half Elf

"Ya want me as an outfielder? Whaada I suppose to do, just stand out there and burn in the sun and chime in with 'Oh great play there!'? Meeeeeeehhhhh"

As for the Google Street View for Dementia patients... damn smart use to help people with a horrible condition.

2. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Launches Sep 26, 2017, 10:50 The Half Elf

Game isn't even out of Early Access and it has to rip off another game. Not looking good.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 26, 2017, 01:24 The Half Elf

Retired wrote on Sep 25, 2017, 18:10:
Anyone playing and enjoying Destiny? Watched some vids - just can't be sold on it....very afraid of the console port.

(is it just Borderlands?)

Destiny 1 is a fine shooter, even with a controller (hell Bungie brought FPS'ers on consoles to the golden age it is now). I'll pick 2 up when it hits PC's.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
9. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 25, 2017, 21:39 The Half Elf

The problem is Epic games is flat out using the PUBG name in marketing their PUBG ripoff mode in Fortnite.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 25, 2017, 11:33 The Half Elf

On the other sleeve!  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2017, 00:59 The Half Elf

Anyone watch Star Trek Discovery?  

News Comments > Ultima Online Turns 20
1. Re: Ultima Online Turns 20 Sep 24, 2017, 14:11 The Half Elf

Still have my Beta CD here somewhere....  

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite
30. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Sep 22, 2017, 20:13 The Half Elf

They are angry because they are all using the PUBG name (literally) to push their own project which by themselves aren't anything like PUBG, but are adding in a PUBG mode.  

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo
15. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo Sep 20, 2017, 21:38 The Half Elf

Wow, maxed out hitting just under 60fps.

They fixed the braking shit from 6. Visually is fucking stunning, and the Dubai map was a nice addition.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Sep 20, 2017, 21:35 The Half Elf

I hope Bernie has his theme music with him.  

11514 Comments. 576 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo