Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11354 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 7, 2017, 23:16 The Half Elf

Seriously... Bridge Crew isn't on there?  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > TauCeti Unknown Origin Announced
5. Re: TauCeti Unknown Origin Announced Aug 7, 2017, 18:24 The Half Elf

Angrius Maximis wrote on Aug 7, 2017, 16:29:
WARNING: ATTEMPTED DESTINY RIP OFF...no thanks

When did Destiny get tribes, and dinosaurs and spiders?

If anything (especially with that red gun at the start) it's more No Man's Sky/ARK rip off.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2017, 09:01 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Aug 7, 2017, 02:56:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 6, 2017, 22:38:
0 pot related accidents?
Just here in Dayton KY, a guy from Cincy came over to my town selling a few lbs of pot, was killed and found 5 days later in his car.
Uni. of Cincy officer pulled over a guy because he didn't have a front plate on his car (had pot in the car), guy drives off and was shot in the head and killed.
Pike County Ohio, 8 family members at 3 locations were killed execution style. What did they have in common? Running a huge pot farm.
Not to mention all the human trash that smokes the shit out of it, gets high, fucks like bunnies and pops out kids every 9 months, that people like myself have to pay taxes so they can get food stamps and benefits. Or recent studies that pot smokes pre mid to late 20's effects brain development?

None you mentioned were caused by OD. As for my accidents stats, I was not clear: I was referring auto-related accidents. All of the deaths you bring up here are due to pot's illegality, not its effects. Were it legal, ostensibly none of those deaths would have happened. My main point was the effects of pot are quite mild compared to other drugs.

As for pot usage resulting in greater pregnancy rates, I'd not heard that. Got a link for that?

And, yes, neurological issues with pot usage are currently under investigation. It's not harmless. But it's much less harmless than most other kinds of legal and illegal substances, was my point. Here's a list of causes of death annually in the USA. Note at the bottom: "Cannabis (marijuana) . . . 0"

How about this link or many other government (pre-Trump) studies about accidents involving pot and driving. To say there is 0 is just bullshit. And I NEVER said anything about OD'ing and neither did you. You said ACCIDENTS, and now referring to auto-related accidents. And then you say causes of death.

Cherry pick the topic and you keep changing it (you had 3 in 1 paragraph). Pick one and stick with it.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2017, 22:38 The Half Elf

0 pot related accidents?
Just here in Dayton KY, a guy from Cincy came over to my town selling a few lbs of pot, was killed and found 5 days later in his car.
Uni. of Cincy officer pulled over a guy because he didn't have a front plate on his car (had pot in the car), guy drives off and was shot in the head and killed.
Pike County Ohio, 8 family members at 3 locations were killed execution style. What did they have in common? Running a huge pot farm.
Not to mention all the human trash that smokes the shit out of it, gets high, fucks like bunnies and pops out kids every 9 months, that people like myself have to pay taxes so they can get food stamps and benefits. Or recent studies that pot smokes pre mid to late 20's effects brain development?

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2017, 13:44 The Half Elf

Hey Blue... how exactly do you cook brats?  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Aug 5, 2017, 19:27 The Half Elf

Ok what you might want to consider (and I'll be blunt your reason is just stupid to not play the game), is that once you put on all the stuff you pick up in game (backpacks, vests, helmets) if you can actually see this stuff on someone who isn't on your team, one of you is dead anyway.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Boasts 20M Players
13. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Boasts 20M Players Aug 5, 2017, 19:23 The Half Elf

As I've said before.
This is SWAT 3.0 not a true Rainbow Six game.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2017, 14:35 The Half Elf

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 11:29:
I'm a couple of hours away from a full eclipse location. Initially, despite my passing interest in cosmology, I wasn't planning to travel to the full eclipse location. But as it approaches I am feeling more and more like I should do so...

I'm just on the edge here in Cincinnati/Kentucky, so going to drive down south a few hours and be right in the middle of it. It'll go nicely with my 'Last Space Shuttle Night Launch' experience.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 4, 2017, 17:51 The Half Elf

Shark Cards are sold up to 8 million in game credits.

While the VIDEO looks great, read the description in the video about all the OTHER mods you need as well.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2017, 10:51 The Half Elf

Retired wrote on Aug 4, 2017, 09:05:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 4, 2017, 02:22:
On the VR front......

Played a few rounds of 'Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes' with mrgrosser last night.... and we had a blast (at least I did but I blame the loss of 1 liter of blood plasma, 10oz of bourbon and mrgrosses lack of visualizing morse code for the final explosion). We would do a few bombs and then switch off, and even if ya had 1 vr headset, or a laptop even, I HIGHLY suggest this. And if you love Elite Dangerous.... holy shit does this game make VR shine.

Was hilarious - best quotes of the evening:
"If I had chest on my hair"
"Fuck you bomb"
"You are wrong"
"Why did I push the button"
"I think bourbon relaxes me more so I don't freak out"
"I don't understand morse code"

/and you guys are dumb.

I did bourbon and diet cherry coke (don't judge), but my mix ratio was pretty bourbon sided, and the quote was "If I didn't have chest hair before I do now!" after the first gulp.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 4, 2017, 02:24 The Half Elf

Here's the thing. He's young. Rich. Influential. If he runs for Office in 2020 I'd vote for him, unless he runs against Bernie.
Maybe I'm alone in my thinking, but we need to get rid of the old rich white people (on both sides of the isle).

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2017, 02:22 The Half Elf

On the VR front......

Played a few rounds of 'Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes' with mrgrosser last night.... and we had a blast (at least I did but I blame the loss of 1 liter of blood plasma, 10oz of bourbon and mrgrosses lack of visualizing morse code for the final explosion). We would do a few bombs and then switch off, and even if ya had 1 vr headset, or a laptop even, I HIGHLY suggest this. And if you love Elite Dangerous.... holy shit does this game make VR shine.

News Comments > For Honor Season 3 Details
1. Re: For Honor Season 3 Details Aug 4, 2017, 02:09 The Half Elf

Drop this game to 15 bucks and I'd jump in.  

News Comments > Geordi La Forge Joining Star Trek Online
4. Re: Geordi La Forge Joining Star Trek Online Aug 3, 2017, 21:23 The Half Elf

Hopefully they get a new voice coach, because all of the people from the shows sound like they are bored and stuck in a closet.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 3, 2017, 10:56 The Half Elf

Ok... that AI Malware article is scary.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2017, 19:00 The Half Elf

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 16:00:
Fletch wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 12:05:
Well, if you wait to hire a Planetary Protection Officer until you need a Planetary Protection Officer, it's probably going to be too late to save our gold and women.

Fletch wins this thread.

*has no use for gold or women*
*goes and applies for the job*

News Comments > Tacoma Released
7. Re: Tacoma Released Aug 2, 2017, 17:52 The Half Elf

Wesp5 wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 16:58:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 10:58:
I told them to make a zombie survival moba, didn't listen.

Well, there are enough of those around as well :)!

Something about they want to make the game they want to.

Or maybe make the game they can without too much effort, because good AI is oooh so difficult and probably not included with Unity or Unreal! I think most of these story-driven indie games have all other people always gone before the game starts. Yeah, probably because all of them like big empty worlds...

Good AI is more then just coding. And as for good AI, please give a few examples of what you consider 'good AI'.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 2, 2017, 11:43 The Half Elf

Hated the game, but still use headset from it as a mic.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2017, 11:18 The Half Elf

Everything ok Blue?  

News Comments > Tacoma Released
4. Re: Tacoma Released Aug 2, 2017, 11:17 The Half Elf

This is a post of me wasting time and space talking about a game I don't want to play in a genre I don't want to play, and a game I won' spend money on.

I am going to state how much I rather do other things then play this game because it's not the game I paid to develope, designed, or spent time on.

/sarcasm

11354 Comments. 568 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo