Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10462 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Character & Weapon Customization
5. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Character & Weapon Customization Aug 18, 2016, 10:48 The Half Elf

NamecaF wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 10:07:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 09:53:
Please don't suck.

I was really hoping this wouldnt suck too, but if this is anything to go by you can kiss that hope good bye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWDQqI9JeIE

The guy is a bit of a whiner. He has some valid arguments but also a few that aren't. For example the whole 'bike/chair' thing. The guy is moving forward, switches to aimed 1st person view, is still moving while shooting. Hence why he's closer to the bike. We've been able to aim and move in games for how long now?

Metal Gear Solid isn't an open world. Same in the way that Witcher 3 isn't an open world. It has some very large maps but there is still a transition from mission area to mission area (in MSGV) and the same in Witcher 3 (granted they area huge areas), same also applies for say World of Warcraft (just all in the wording I guess, depends how nitpicky you want to be).

Graphics wise, they game looks good, does it looks OMG awesome?!? No, but typically the bigger the maps the less 'ohhhh shiny!' ya get.

Surprised they aren't using the cover system from The Division. Watching an elite military team crouch down in doorways is painful to watch. Or in the Ubi video how using a non-silenced weapon didn't alert everyone in the compound.
One thing The Division did really well was the AI. It would take cover, use abilities, flank you, etc quite well and I'd love to see it in this game.
All I am seeing is 'easy kill bad guys who don't do shit, and then chase down the target with vehicles'.

The proof will be in the full game when you go after the guy in the church (as shown in the 1st gameplay video) vs what it really is like in the actual game.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > For Honor Details
1. Re: For Honor Details Aug 18, 2016, 09:59 The Half Elf

Also please don't suck.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Character & Weapon Customization
1. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Character & Weapon Customization Aug 18, 2016, 09:53 The Half Elf

Please don't suck.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Aug 17, 2016, 21:07 The Half Elf

deep fried in Mountain Dew!  

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Aug 17, 2016, 17:42 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 17:28:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 15:48:
He seemed like such a likeable guy, always smiling in interviews and being so forthright in answering questions when showing off work in progress playable demos of the game that looked AMAZING!

Who would have guessed he was just another sleazy guy lying his ass off in order to create a false narrative to shill his game to the unsuspecting masses.

The small indie developers are suppose to be above such unscrupulous tactics, right?

I believe you're talking about Chris Roberts.

Then this would be his son/nephew.

News Comments > Metal Gear Survive Announced
4. Re: Metal Gear Survive Announced Aug 17, 2016, 12:52 The Half Elf

Off the rails since he left?!?

I've tried playing Ground Zero/Phantom Pain, do I really need to see Kojima's name 800 times before I finish the game?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2016, 10:21 The Half Elf

Blue... you have the chair... you have the dog.... all you need is a leash and a street.

Might even be able to hit 88mph.

News Comments > Steep in December
3. Re: Steep in December Aug 17, 2016, 10:18 The Half Elf

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 10:16:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 10:11:
Some reason I'm really interested in this game.

It's because someone died making an ad for it.

Was interested before that ya fucking idiot.

News Comments > Steep in December
1. Re: Steep in December Aug 17, 2016, 10:11 The Half Elf

Some reason I'm really interested in this game.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
15. Re: Game Reviews Aug 16, 2016, 21:57 The Half Elf

I haven't seen them attack each other, but I have been stalked by critters on land and sea.

I've also fed a few and made them pets and they have followed me around, or dug up resources for me.

But I have yet to see anything even remotly close to what is shown in the video's by Hello Games.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Aug 16, 2016, 21:53 The Half Elf

I'm rather surprised no one has said 'Now that's some pole on pole action right there!'  

News Comments > New Overwatch Map Plans
1. Re: New Overwatch Map Plans Aug 16, 2016, 21:01 The Half Elf

Welcome... to Modern Stormwind!  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 16, 2016, 20:58 The Half Elf

Performance wise, YES. But everything that was shown publicly was scripted out the ass.

I'd love to see a false advertising lawsuit against Hello Games, as I would say this is one of the larger 'Bait and Switches' since Aliens: CM.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 16, 2016, 20:56 The Half Elf

*resists urge to make comment about asian men's endowments from personal experience*

*runs off snickering*

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2016, 19:52 The Half Elf

Ok so my neighbor and I went and saw Suicide Squad today. (He's an awesome special needs kid who loves comic book movies).
It wasn't aweful, but it wasn't great either. When the movie got 'darker' for a few moments I thought it was great. You were really getting into the layers of the characters, and then they went for cute and comedy parts that just didn't quite work like they should have. Quite a few 'throw this in for 5 seconds' clips from the trailer (like Harley stealing the bag from the dept store window) that lost all comedic value with the current cut of the movie.
SFX were meh (then again the movie had a very small budget). they story was meh, and like a typical Star Trek episode, everything was 'fixed and finished' in the last 10 mins. The Joker barely gets more screen time then Mark Hammil in Force Awakens (yeah I'm being sarcastic but still...), and was HUGELY mis-casted by having Jared Leto play the part. I think Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy could have pulled out a better performance. Dialog wise I REALLY did enjoy the "Would you live for me?" scene, but it could have been so much better with another male actor. Harley was pretty good, except 2 things. 1) The voice. After so many season's of The Animated Series and the Arkham games it wasn't quite 'Harley enough' without her accent. Good, but could have been better. Also where she runs at the bars like a fucktard after getting shock was a 'wtf were they thinking?' moment. And it would have been nice to see a little more to Diablo and Croc.

Love to see a Blu-ray version with the other cut of the film.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers & Mobile GPUs
10. Re: New GeForce Drivers & Mobile GPUs Aug 16, 2016, 15:52 The Half Elf

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 11:02:
Wonder if these drivers will make any difference for NMS performance.

Between the Low to High fix, and the beta patch, performance has been great. Granted it still has the Assassin's Creed "triangle fill in pop/in" thing going on.

Finally got to 40 slots in my exo, and NMS hosed my save game so having to start again.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta This Month
18. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta This Month Aug 16, 2016, 10:13 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 05:20:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 15, 2016, 21:35:
I don't know. BF3 and 4 were good. Hardlines and Battlefront... yeah...

I really thought they'd go with 2143 with all the hints in BF3/4, and not a huge fan of World War games.

Quit yer complainin' You've got Infinite Warfare and Star Citizen!

Last Call of Duty I played and Enjoyed was the one with 'No English', and Star Citizen... I got a refund. I actually like being able to play something I've purchased.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta This Month
6. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta This Month Aug 15, 2016, 21:35 The Half Elf

I don't know. BF3 and 4 were good. Hardlines and Battlefront... yeah...

I really thought they'd go with 2143 with all the hints in BF3/4, and not a huge fan of World War games.

News Comments > Sunday Patches
9. Re: Playing on day 3.... Aug 15, 2016, 16:58 The Half Elf

ELITE wrote on Aug 15, 2016, 05:30:
Day 3
--------------
Now about 20 hours in. After going back to the original planet after warping to the next system - I found out that my starting planet had shelters that had drop pods (not sure if all players start with drop pods on their starting planet?) anyway the point is the drop pods have exosuit slot upgrades - I spend hours going frop drop pod to drop pod upgrading the exosuit - it now has 24 slots - this is where the game started to get fun - I could walk miles from the ship and mine - return to the ship and cash in at a base. This lead to a 23 slot ship as well and now the game is more fun to explore...

After warping 2x it appears the game starts to ramp up attacks in space.... Combat end results depend on your ship upgrades and a little less of a skill dog fight.

For the most part the game has settled into exploration for profit. What remains is a feeling of missing interactions with aliens - there are no voice dialogs or taunts from pirates. There are no pirates on the surface. The captiol ships cleverly arrive when you warp in but don't appear to move or be on a mission. Wild life doesn't appear to do much but walk around - attack you or poop for you if you feed them. They feel very static and don't appear to have a living agenda to eat, drink or attack each other - that I have seen.

Things that bug me (that should have been added at a minimum at launch)
- Icons on the planets don't state if you've visited them - seems obvious that locations icons displayed should let you know if you've been there.
- Not any clear way to target a landing pad - sometimes i get lucky and white crosshairs will appear - but on most bases with a single pad none come up to land you on it so you can save gas on launch
- the radar on your ship always remains on planet mode when on the surface - seems like it would switch to land object scanning and display points of interest or large resources
- This may be in the game somewhere - but there is no way I know of to see a list of resources on a planet visited - seems like notes would be made as to what resources mainly appear on the planet (Example I found a planet full of gold)
- (R) key doesn't work except on the grenades - you would think you could at least assign slots on the mining tool a set of resources to reload with - same for ship weapons
- the map does not make it easy to backtrack your path and for some reason (x) key does a scan on the galaxy map
- exosuit / lifesupport - no hot keys that i know of to reload - again seems like there should be slots you can assign resources to that should be used to reload these
- While it's open ended there are assignments the game gives you - i haven't found a way to just show "current tasks"
- Naming stuff is kind of pointless - might have been better if everything was labeled "unknown" so you felt obligated to name it rather than rename things
- Things only show if you discovered them if you use your scanner - seems like the game should cache discovered animals and plant life - so when you look at them they have a name (since a lot of things look alike you can't tell if you already discovered them
- crafting sucks - you need a slot free to craft an item - seems like a crafting slot would have been nice
- crafted items do not stack - this sucks at least a stack of 10 warp cells would have been nice
- when swapping ships you can't unload warp cells
- when swapping ships you get no discount for the value of your ship - talk about getting ripped off - same with mining tool swaps.
- since they have a database of ship parts - seems like there should have been a shipyard to design your ship (i'm guessing they ran out of time for such a feature)
- buying ships in general is strange - seems like there would be a shipyard just for ships to be sold as well as the buy from alien feature currently in the game
- i'm sure there are more things i forgot about that i have learned to live with...

Anyway those thing I just listed seem to me should have been in the game at launch - it feels like they didn't have anyone playtest this until a month before launch - these are relatively little features that would have made playing less painful.

Day 3 or 4 myself and finally left my 2nd system after getting to 40 suit slots and still in my 18 slot ship.

I agree with quite a bit about inventory slots, shit not stacking, no discount on ships.

Whats REALLY fucking annoying me is needing an Atlas Pass for everything and I have no clue how to even build one or when I get to learn it.

And the Star Map controls fucking suck.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2016, 15:56 The Half Elf

Just imagine if they actually did open a Jurrasic Park.  

10462 Comments. 524 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo