Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10914 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta Next Week
16. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta Next Week Jan 26, 2017, 09:02 The Half Elf

Darks wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 00:58:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 00:54:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 00:06:
CrimsonPaw wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 20:27:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 20:14:
The closed alpha was pretty good, HIGHLY looking forward to the Beta and release.
That encouraging considering it received pretty underwhelming praise at E3. Glad to hear good experiences with it.

Take it with a grain of salt. Half Elf goes for anything with hunks in plaid.

You show me a guy with a beard, military training and knee pads and I'll show ya one happy Half Elf!

That being said. If all you see is Far Cry then that's all you'll see. If anything I'd say this is more The Division (different story and skills of course), set on a much bigger scale with vehicles (and less Dark Zone if any).
What really appeals to me is two things. 1) 4 player co-op (which was a blast with a team all on the same page as in Assassin's Creed Unity), and 2) I can stealth the entire mission (granted probably only in co-op).

As I said the Beta will be 'the tell', but to get a 4 person team and literally GHOST an entire mission will be the high bar for me.

Now Elf, lets not forget the most important part if your going ot compare it to The Division. No Bullet Sponging. Thats what sets this apart from Division and much more.

I said "more The Division" then Far Cry. As they have stated in previous videos (the dev's) on hard mode 1 bullet can kill the player, and you can kill in 1 shot. The Division (and I'm going to say Destiny) are MMO's with shooter qualities, and I personally am not a fan of Bullet Sponges.

BTW if people have so much hatred of 3rd person shooters why do they play games like Metroid/Castlevania/Megaman? They are 3rd person shooters on a single plane right?

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta Next Week Jan 26, 2017, 00:54 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 00:06:
CrimsonPaw wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 20:27:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 20:14:
The closed alpha was pretty good, HIGHLY looking forward to the Beta and release.
That encouraging considering it received pretty underwhelming praise at E3. Glad to hear good experiences with it.

Take it with a grain of salt. Half Elf goes for anything with hunks in plaid.

You show me a guy with a beard, military training and knee pads and I'll show ya one happy Half Elf!

That being said. If all you see is Far Cry then that's all you'll see. If anything I'd say this is more The Division (different story and skills of course), set on a much bigger scale with vehicles (and less Dark Zone if any).
What really appeals to me is two things. 1) 4 player co-op (which was a blast with a team all on the same page as in Assassin's Creed Unity), and 2) I can stealth the entire mission (granted probably only in co-op).

As I said the Beta will be 'the tell', but to get a 4 person team and literally GHOST an entire mission will be the high bar for me.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Prey in May
2. Re: Prey in May Jan 25, 2017, 21:41 The Half Elf

PIGS IN SPAAAAAAACE... er

BIOSHOCK..... IN SPAAAAAACE!

7. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta Next Week Jan 25, 2017, 21:40 The Half Elf

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 21:31:
Rhett wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 20:46:
Farcry: Ghost Recon,

yeh exactly - lookin forward to this one for sure

might be one of those rare day one purchase.. beta will tell me more

Only issues I really came across that bugged me was no cover system like The Division, and vehicles driving was a little wonky (like Sleeping Dogs), so if the Beta holds up will be a day 1 purchase.

2. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta Next Week Jan 25, 2017, 20:14 The Half Elf

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2017, 17:20 The Half Elf

SlimRam wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 12:20:
Rolling Stone interview with lead singer/song writer Stephen Heaslip of the band, 'Blue & The Chili Bandidos':

RS: Stephen, your band had taken a break after the last album 'Meat Sweats Musings' and the successful tour titled 'Manstovia: Invasion From The East'. Critics claimed that such success couldn't be duplicated. After years of time off, the band is back and ready to conquer the world again with it's new album 'A Dash of This, and a Generous Portion of Blues'. What makes you believe that lightning can and will strike twice?

You forgot an album Kitchen Coffee Calamity

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2017, 10:21 The Half Elf

Mrs Blue needs to post a picture when you do your 1 man/4 instrument gigs.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2017, 19:50 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Jan 24, 2017, 15:11:
I bought AC Syndicate several months back but stopped early because I didn't understand the Assassin/Templar modern day story. So I decided to go through the AC series beginning from AC2 (had played AC1 before). Unfortunately, the controls were so bad for AC2 that I was forced to watch on Youtube. I'm presently on Black Flag. I thought each AC game got progressively better. However, BF is fantastic fun. The pirate ship mechanics is top-notch! Definitely a 9 out of 10.

You think AC2's controls are bad? But play AC 2, then the 2.5 and 2.6 versions. You'll want AC3 for the arch of Desmond's story. THEN play Black Flag or Rogue (not sure which is in the timeline first), but play BOTH of them before Unity, because where Rogue ends, Unity starts, and then play Syndicate.
I'm still trying to force myself to finish Syndicate.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2017, 11:58 The Half Elf

Dude that is awesome.
My special needs friend loves the Batman games but needs help at times with certain parts so this is perfect.

News Comments > Diablo III Postmortem
8. Re: Diablo III Postmortem Jan 24, 2017, 00:04 The Half Elf

Ozmodan wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 22:55:
What I never understood was when you have a game like Diablo II that has a sizable community still playing it, why would you change such a successful design? Probably because you thought you could do it better? well Jay now we know you have no ability to make it better, it still has not approached the level that Diablo II had.

So here is my guess at what happened with Diablo 3.

Blizzard isn't the most original company when it comes to games. They typically borrow from another genre, and put the Blizzard polish on it to make it better then what was before it.
The problem is they did this to themselves with Diablo 3. And the problem really was that Diablo 2 wasn't in need of a overhaul.

But I also remember reading somewhere that the longer you work on a game/project the harder it is to step back and look at the project with fresh eyes. So after 8 years (christ almighty) of working on a game, and years of seeing 1 version of it, you may not enjoy it from a gameplay standpoint and make more changes, and more changes and more changes, etc.

D3 wasn't bad (the expansion was pretty good), but the "new car smell" is WAY gone, and the Season's are not a good enough air freshener for D3 as it currently is.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2017, 17:02 The Half Elf

But like Lego, Jedi is also singular and plural.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jan 22, 2017, 19:59 The Half Elf

I will disagree. Hand Eye coordination is key to such things.

Example: (yeah I'm a sample size of 1). Last time I fired a weapon was at my brother in law's bachelor party, shooting clay pigeons with shotguns at a local gun club. That was when I was roughly 28-30. Before that the last time I fired a weapon was probably a hunting rifle at a range when I was 10 or 11.
Now between 11 and 28 beyond virtual weapons and a shitload of video/computer games I'd had no weapons training or practice. So at the bachelors party (never fired at moving targets before or using a shotgun), I had a 95% accuracy rating. Beating out my uncle the Vietnam vet, and my brother in law and his father who tend to regularly shoot clay pigeons.

44. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 20:07 The Half Elf

National Hugging Day... on my mom's birthday. I like it  

News Comments > Werewolf: The Apocalypse Game Plans
9. Re: Werewolf: The Apocalypse Game Plans Jan 20, 2017, 13:51 The Half Elf

When did IP's becoming a collectible card game?
Reason I ask is within the last 4-5 years, companies are going under, and meh publishers are picking up the IP's banking on nostalgia, and in the end we end up with 1 out of maybe 8-10 games that aren't trash.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2017, 13:27 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 13:21:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 13:04:
Here's how I look at it.

I don't like the guy. I didn't vote for him. But until he does something stupid I have to remain optimistic.

Did you NOT watch any election coverage at all over the past 2 years?

Oh I sadly watched it. (I wanted Bernie). But what the fuck are you or I going to do about it? Nothing. If Trump fucks up everyone (including the Reps) will burn him alive. And as others said I'm more scared of Pence then of Trump.

Can the next 4 years suck? Yeah they could. We've had better presidents, and worse presidents, but me going outside, yelling and screaming that it's all Trump's fault, or the idiots that voted for him fault into the sky and shaking my fists won't change shit.

One of my motto's is "Plan for worse case scenario, if it doesn't happen so much the better". All I can do is wait and see what happens. No amount of internet rage and posting will change that for anyone.

And Blue thank you for posting that 'Things aren't what they seem' video. Watched it last night and forgot to send it to ya.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2017, 13:04 The Half Elf

Here's how I look at it.

I don't like the guy. I didn't vote for him. But until he does something stupid I have to remain optimistic.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2017, 10:47 The Half Elf

*in best Starfleet Captain voice*

RED ALERT! SHIELDS UP! BRACE FOR IMPACT!

Can't believe they killed Wash.

WHAT A FUCKED UP DAY!

*runs off crying*

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2017, 13:25 The Half Elf

*watches video*

*wants to kill the fucker recording and anyone involved*

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2017, 02:13 The Half Elf

Growing up my dad had a subscription to playboy which always sat on the back of the toilet in my parents bathroom.
And in one of the comics I believe you have Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin sitting down at a table. And behind one of them is a black servant. One of them says to the other 'All men are created equal', and the other replies, 'Have you ever seen the dick on a black guy?' with the black servant smiling in the background

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 17, 2017, 02:08 The Half Elf

Doesn't matter the job, or the training provided American's can be and are lazy pieces of shit. At Amazon there are 2 distinct types of people. People who are there to work, and people who are there to collect a paycheck, and you can spot them in roughly 20 mins of being on the floor with them. Doesn't matter if they are white, black, hispanic, asian, whatever. Lazy people come in all races/shades/colors/genders/sizes/sexual orientation/sexual gender. Doesn't matter what you pay them, or benefits offered, or amount of training.  

10914 Comments. 546 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo