Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10388 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Division Patch & Expansion Tomorrow
7. Re: The Division Patch & Expansion Tomorrow Jun 28, 2016, 00:03 The Half Elf

Linksil wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 23:23:
I've been thinking about picking this up as a new loot grind game, but I keep hearing really bad things mixed with the good to put me off... steam sale of it really wasn't that big either.

Ok here are some good and bad points.

Solid AI (a group of baddies will do everything in their power to get above/behind/flank you.
Solid city environment.
Solid gameplay mechanics.
Interesting skill system and upgrade system via the HQ.

The bad:
Before the last patch, forcing people into the Dark Zone for good equipment.
Removing any sort of Risk vs Reward system in the Dark Zone with grief'ers now able to cut the cable when trying to extract items from the Dark zone.
Flooding the game with more "sets" then 5 Everquest expansions put together.
Instead of having challenging events/missions, doing a really bad job at having Capcom boss 'patterns' and baddies who just have more health and damage then having unique interesting baddies.
Needing an experienced MMO team to help design and maintain the end game. They are hemorrhaging players at an alarming rate, and to "fix" this are just throwing in more content too fast, untested and not seeing if it's a challenge and yet fun/rewarding.

Yeah you can grind if you want to, but it's nowhere near as repetitive as Diablo 3.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Division Patch & Expansion Tomorrow
1. Re: The Division Patch & Expansion Tomorrow Jun 27, 2016, 21:41 The Half Elf

Hmmm.....  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Anarchy Online Turns 15
10. Re: Anarchy Online Turns 15 Jun 27, 2016, 13:02 The Half Elf

New'er engine but logged in for about 10 mins, can't remember how to do shit.

Rather see Anarchy 2.

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2016, 13:53.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer
7. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer Jun 25, 2016, 21:46 The Half Elf

Slick wrote on Jun 25, 2016, 19:47:
Already pre-ordered, this and Prey.

Stoked for the new titanfall, watchdogs, and battlefield... but more stoked for this and Prey. replayed the original prey a week ago, IMO the last great game from that golden age of SP FPS games. Pound for pound, I think Prey is better than halflife.

You pre-ordered a game that has 1 cgi trailer?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
16. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 23, 2016, 22:45 The Half Elf

Apple phones suffer from anorexia.

But Apple needs to pick a fucking size already. Ipod, to Ipod Shuffle to Iphone to fat Iphone.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
43. Re: In other news.... Jun 23, 2016, 02:26 The Half Elf

1badmf wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 23:58:
i tend to think full elves are more diminutive than half elves - they get the zugzug burliness from their human half. assuming your other half is human of course =D

Centaur *coughs*

News Comments > Overwatch PTR Launches
17. Re: Overwatch PTR Launches Jun 23, 2016, 00:59 The Half Elf

descender wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 22:04:
They have added a lot of weapons and game modes to TF2, some of which have completely altered the way the game is played.

Saying it's "just hats" just means you haven't played it.

Yeah I guessI never played it. Would you like a picture of The Orange Box and the Half Life 2 t-shirt that came in it as well?

41. Re: In other news.... Jun 22, 2016, 22:01 The Half Elf

El Pit wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 15:32:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 15:08:
Took longer then expected but I am officially a High School Graduate.

Graduation gifts should be limited to Steam Gift Cards, Alcohol delivered to my door, and a full body massage by Chris Evans (Captain America suit is optional, but must bring the shield).

Special thanks to Batz for all his help, support, and someone I could aspire to be like, especially after this last year.

Congratz for finally going FULL ELF!

What, you never, ever go FULL ELF? Whatever. Congratulations are in order, Mr. Elf.

Thank you all. I'm 6'3 (got my cap and gown today), so just imagine if I'm a Half Elf, what a Full Elf would look like. The Incredible Hulk-Elf™ doesn't quite roll off the tongue.

12. Re: Overwatch PTR Launches Jun 22, 2016, 21:51 The Half Elf

theglaze wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 19:26:
Flak wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 18:53:
The hitboxes in this game make launch day BF4 look like CS:GO LAN. It's hilarious that 1) TF2 exists for free and is superior in every way and 2) people will pay almost AAA price for a busted, half-baked, 10 years too late title.

But hey, it's Blizzard, so I guess the masses of idiots will just throw money at them.

TF2 is as different to Overwatch as CSGO is to Battlefield. And before you think 'yeah TF2 is better...' perhaps you should also remind yourself how barebones TF2 was at launch, compared to what has become of it.

Because playing Barbie dress up™ with hats added how much depth to the game?

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Level Editor
1. Re: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Level Editor Jun 22, 2016, 21:49 The Half Elf

A map/level editor!?! FOR FREE!?!

GREAT SCOTT!

News Comments > Mafia III Preorder Bonus
1. Re: Mafia III Preorder Bonus Jun 22, 2016, 21:48 The Half Elf

Pre-order now to get even more over the top gratuitous violence!  

28. Re: In other news.... Jun 22, 2016, 16:07 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 15:57:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 15:08:

Graduation gifts should be limited to Steam Gift Cards, Alcohol delivered to my door, and a full body massage by Chris Evans (Captain America suit is optional, but must bring the shield).

Special thanks to Batz for all his help, support, and someone I could aspire to be like, especially after this last year.

Good on ya. Whilst I can't get my hands on Chris Evans I'll see if I can't rustle up a lumberjack for you.

Gratuitous Shirtless Lumberjack

O_O

I know what I want for Christmas!

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: Watch Dogs 2 won't have Tower Climbing Jun 22, 2016, 15:23 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 13:05:
Instead, it'll have the Crew's radar blips until you find the dish mechanism.

Yeah if it's not a tower in Far Cry, it's a tower in Assassin's Creed, or a tower in Watch Dogs, or a radar dish in The Crew.

5. Re: Overwatch PTR Launches Jun 22, 2016, 15:21 The Half Elf

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 10:39:
Great! Prepare for Toxicwatch, taking toxic player behavior to limits never imagined even in such a venerated title as Heroes of the Shitstorm.

Based on what exactly?

Tell you what, why don't you go play Paragon or Battleborn and we'll be right over to play with you... in roughly.... never.

21. In other news.... Jun 22, 2016, 15:08 The Half Elf

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2016, 09:42 The Half Elf

Cuse me while I go pull out my 3dfx cards and thank the gods for GLQuake.

Yeah and Kitty licking...... um... gonna let you breeders keep that one all to yourself.

News Comments > Blizzard on Overwatch Matchmaking
4. Re: Blizzard on Overwatch Matchmaking Jun 22, 2016, 00:05 The Half Elf

The KEY to Overwatch is taking a character that supplements the ENTIRE team. And the best way to do that is to learn several characters and their skills and how best to use them with other characters on the team. Like Rein or Russian chick with Faith or Lucio  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 21, 2016, 23:49 The Half Elf

Milo? Eh... no.

Sony has been smart this generation. Let other's make the first move, and see where they can make it better/cheaper then the competition.

(Cheaper and better are both subjective)

News Comments > LIMBO for Free
5. Re: LIMBO for Free Jun 21, 2016, 23:46 The Half Elf

*Adult Beverages, Loud Family Members, Limbo Sticks, sold separately!  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jun 21, 2016, 23:00 The Half Elf

AND THAT'S HOW WE GET ANTS!  

10388 Comments. 520 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo