Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11606 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue (Re: Into the Black- late) May 25, 2018, 15:13 The Half Elf

Rigs,
I'm not sure what words to say to you that would help you or bring you comfort. Because anything anyone said to me was background noise to the sadness, anger, frustration, confusion, etc, etc, etc that I felt when I lost my mom a few years ago in an equally maddening situation. The daily trips to the hospital, the worrying, the prayers to anyone/thing that will listen to give this one soul another chance.
And yesterday was my dad's death anniversary. I'm not sure why TB's death surprised me, or.... hurt me, I mean like others I watched his video's and valued his views and content he produced.
I haven't been that shocked and touched by a "celeb death" since Robin Williams.

Sorry I'm rambling. My point is Rigs let it out. It took me 30 years to realize that with my dad's death, which help me deal with my moms.

Anytime ya need to talk I'm on steam as The Half Elf

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2018, 04:27 The Half Elf

Mr. Tact wrote on May 12, 2018, 15:18:
Giving blood every six weeks is about all I can take (I give since I am O-, universal donor), giving plasma once a week? Clearly he deserves a sainthood...

Did it twice a week for 3 1/2 years. But he donated blood, not plasma. You'd be surprised what a person is willing to do to help keep other people alive.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2018, 14:09 The Half Elf

DIE BLANKET OF DEATH!

*ruins everything*

*runs away giggling*

6. Re: Drug made famous by Shkreliís 5,000% price hike is still $750 a pill May 5, 2018, 18:02 The Half Elf

BTW, for all us old folks. Watch Cobra Kai on Youtube Red. Best thing I've seen all year (Yeah Infinity War, even better then you).  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 5, 2018, 09:24 The Half Elf

Cobra Kai on YouTube Red. Holy shit it was perfect. Watch the first 2 episodes free, then binge watch the rest.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2018, 15:30 The Half Elf

Mork calling Orsen... come in Orsen.... \\//,  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 4, 2018, 03:39 The Half Elf

Beamer wrote on May 3, 2018, 20:45:
Cutter wrote on May 3, 2018, 19:55:
KS wrote on May 3, 2018, 16:08:
jdreyer wrote on May 3, 2018, 12:47:
So much for being a good corporate citizen.

They are being a good corporate citizen by bringing 7500 good pay jobs.

I find it bothersome that politicians bitch about businesses when times are bad, and therefore the government must take over. But when times are good and the same thing happens? Screw it. Go somewhere else and let the Seattle homeless population start decreasing again.

Yeah 7,500 jobs for people who can't afford to live in the fucking city because of them. A city runs on affordable labor. When there's no more affordable housing people leave. You can live somewhere cheap where your slave wages actually mean you can live at least half decently. Bezos is the richest man in the world. Neither he nor Amazon pay taxes, or at least anywhere close to their fair share of it given how current tax stuctures favor the wealthy. So you're opposed to Amazon having to pay their fair share like most everyone else is what you're saying. If they did that to begin with than these sorts of taxes wouldn't exist to begin with.

Buddy, that's Seattle, not Hebron. Bezos pays his white collar workers.

As someone at the Hebron KY SC, I can tell ya I get paid very well for what I do. I don't have to wear an sort of uniform besides a vest (still trying to get them to let me wear flip flops outside the building), I have excellent health care, monthly bonus pay, stock options, and generous vacation and personal time off options.

But you have to understand, Seattle isn't a typical HUB like Hebron, or Atlanta, or Oakland, it's where the HQ is.

News Comments > Starship Corporation Released
2. Re: Starship Corporation Early Access May 3, 2018, 11:49 The Half Elf

Been interested in this game, but the game is in WAY WAY early Alpha. May be interested once it's "released" but so far it's getting hammered in Steam reviews.  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Apr 26, 2018, 04:17 The Half Elf

NamecaF wrote on Apr 25, 2018, 21:41:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 25, 2018, 11:52:
Showing that to make cash you only need marketing and zero game... great

Didnt they already prove that with No Mans Sky?

Sea of Thieves actually has multiplayer.

News Comments > Champions Online Celebrates Milestone
6. Re: Champions Online Celebrates Milestone Apr 24, 2018, 06:24 The Half Elf

Bill Borre wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 20:53:
I wish this game would get a reboot like The Secret World did. I read a writeup from Cryptic about why the game will never have a mission editor like some of their other games because the engine they used is an older one, but it's been out for so many years now it would be cool if they updated it and added the mission editor capability.

Because a mission editor destroyed City of Heroes/Villains. People made farm missions and that was the end of the game, pure and simple. Why play the game when you can max out a character in less then 10 hours sitting in a mission?

This game has been left to rot after the popularity of Star Trek Online and Neverwinter Nights Online.

CoX was better ONLY in the having more larger zones. But was so badly balanced that a fire/fire controller could utterly destroy an entire mission in 10 mins without much work. And PVP was a nightmare.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Boasts 30M Players
5. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Boasts 30M Players Apr 13, 2018, 09:24 The Half Elf

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 09:17:
Darks wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 08:17:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 18:37:
Registered. Now how many are actually active?

Yea, id like to know the actual numbers too.

Why? They already have their (your) money, right?

Actually they don't. I bought it and refunded it, but I still have access to any rewards for other games that were offered from owning Siege.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend
3. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Apr 13, 2018, 02:40 The Half Elf

Veinman wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 23:26:
It's pretty fun. It is two different experiences playing solo vs. co-op. Missions are harder in co-op in general because your AI buddies aren't present and they are usually killing machines. But they are stupid, so that can be an issue when playing solo. I recommend ignoring all dialog and turning off the radio in any car. All of the writing is bottom of the barrel.

What Veinman said. It's a very solid game, and I hate to admit one of the games I'd love to see a Battle Royal added to.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Boasts 30M Players
1. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Boasts 30M Players Apr 12, 2018, 18:37 The Half Elf

Registered. Now how many are actually active?  

News Comments > Epic Offers Gifts for Fortnite Issues
1. Re: Epic Offers Gifts for Fortnite Issues Apr 12, 2018, 18:35 The Half Elf

Still waiting for them to respond to my email about my account trying to be accessed multiple times (which locks me out of it). It never happened before until I downloaded Fortnite (never played but wanted the twitch items).  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 12, 2018, 07:35 The Half Elf

I wonder how much that chair cost, and if that could have been better spent towards the kickstarter.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR Released
3. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR Released Apr 3, 2018, 01:22 The Half Elf

Sadly they need a way to play it while sitting.

Also can you use mods with it?

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2018, 19:51 The Half Elf

Blue wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 18:08:
WarPig wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 13:45:
Blue, in the past have you ever been fooled by one of these April Fool's articles? I could see it easily happening in the old days or with articles that aren't that weird. And along those lines, have you ever placed an article in the "April Fool's Roundup" and later found out it was real?

I'm pretty sure I've erred in both ways over the years, posting true stories in the joke roundups, and jokes in the news. I'd say I have a pretty good track record, but it's usually pretty easy to spot them.

And shhh, don't talk about the pink logo or it won't fool anyone if I break it out again!

I was about to say.... I refreshed and cleared my cache and I am not seeing the Bunny!

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Apr 1, 2018, 06:30 The Half Elf

Rhialto wrote on Mar 31, 2018, 17:20:
I've sent to Blue the DXB-6.5.8.1 as an April Fools... so it's real?

(8-track to 3.5mm adapters included)

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 31, 2018, 00:19 The Half Elf

HoSpanky wrote on Mar 30, 2018, 11:30:
The whole Uber thing is kinda a pile of shit. Sure, the self-driving car didnít detect the woman, but that woman was 49 years old and still wasnít smart enough to check for oncoming traffic. She wasnít even looking up when she was hit.

So now people are all up in arms about self driving cars, but I donít see headlines every time a pedestrian is hit by a human behind the wheel, because thatíd be several times EVERY FUCKING DAY. Iím not saying the issue shouldnít be investigated, see WHY it didnít see her, but to shut down the program seems stupid. Also, settling with the womanís family seems dumb unless it was for VERY cheap...she was absolutely not supposed to be there. The car had every right to be. Iím assuming the settlement was just to keep the family from adding to the media circus.

Here are the issues with Uber. 1)cutting every corner including the lawsuit by Waymo. 2)not sure if the video from the vehicle was altered to be darker then the actual street. 3) Uber cutting back on Self Driver people in the car from 2 to 1, even with major feedback not to do it. 4) Uber is just a scummy company and needs to go away.
The reason you're seeing this in the headlines is just like Tesla was when their car didnt detect the Semi trailer (a rare fluke), but this was just someone crossing the road. The Question that needs to be asked is... if the human didn't stop the car, would have the car stopped and sent a "something bad has happened" signal to the controler/EMS/whoever is monitoring the car?
If the car doesn't detect someone going across the street, how will it interact with people at a crosswalk? And I'm not just talking about a Stop sign Red/Yellow/Green crosswalk. We have a parking lot across the street (which has over 200+ tractor trailers on it daily) with rumble strips about 50 yards before it on both sides, and a giant flashing crosswalk sign. Sadly last year a driver wasn't paying attention and a fellow employee with hit by a fully loaded cement truck doing 40mph, and was killed.
If a self-driving car can't even do basic functions then it shouldn't be on the road period.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Next This Summer
7. Re: No Man's Sky Next This Summer Mar 29, 2018, 13:46 The Half Elf

Still waiting on that Multiplayer....  

11606 Comments. 581 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo