Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11622 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: A little trip... Oct 6, 2018, 00:45 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 5, 2018, 21:18:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 5, 2018, 18:23:
Since Blue won't have a Blue's Con, went to Minneapolis to visit mrgrosser and Bats for the first time.. Also got to meet the wonderful women who put up with them/deal with them, and Batz Jr who after playing some Lego Star Wars with, is on his way to being a fine addition to the gaming community soon enough.
Also got my first girlfriend. Sadly she's a bit of a bed hog.

I can't thank either of these familys for inviting me to come visit during a time when my life is all sorts of fucking crazy. BTW do NOT play Bingo with either of them. You have been warned

Great story and pics! I was wondering where you were, since we hadn't heard from you in a while. Even posted a "Where's Halfelf" comment about a week ago.

2 times a year (family death anniversaries) I tend to fall down the rabbit hole. 5 year anniversary of my mom (followed by dad's birthday 9/7 and parents anniversary on 9/11), but this year I got pretty far down the hole, and all my support people that were suppose to be there for me weren't. I am mean NOONE, so thankfully 2 people from this site mrgrosser and xBatmanX/Retired became my knights in shining IT/Police armor.

This was followed up by the OD of a next door neighbor, who wasn't a bad person (actually had given 2 rooms to people who were homeless), falling down their own hole and not finding a way out. Then 2 days after my mom's anniversary a BFF from work's mom died in a very similar fashion while on chemo and radiation for cancer.
I know the stages he's going to go through, so helping him deal with his anger/sadness/numbness has helped me quite a bit.

I know I've said this before (I believe on Blue's personal anniversaries), but if you have a family member or friend, or someone ya care about but may be not quite on good terms with... tell them how ya feel, before you don't have the chance to.

What's left unsaid/undone/unloved can be more detrimental then you may know and can lead to yourself, or someone you know falling down their own hole. If I didn't have Batz and mrgrosser for support, I'd probably be homeless/incarcerated/dead right now.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. A little trip... Oct 5, 2018, 18:23 The Half Elf

Since Blue won't have a Blue's Con, went to Minneapolis to visit mrgrosser and Bats for the first time.. Also got to meet the wonderful women who put up with them/deal with them, and Batz Jr who after playing some Lego Star Wars with, is on his way to being a fine addition to the gaming community soon enough.
Also got my first girlfriend. Sadly she's a bit of a bed hog.

I can't thank either of these familys for inviting me to come visit during a time when my life is all sorts of fucking crazy. BTW do NOT play Bingo with either of them. You have been warned

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD's Monster Sales
9. Re: MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD's Monster Sales Aug 10, 2018, 17:47 The Half Elf

Quinn wrote on Aug 10, 2018, 13:46:
Running around killing big monsters so you gain loot to kill other big monsters. I am honestly so confused about why this is such a success. I need a new game... so I'd love to try this... but... but... it just seems so fucking shallow? :\

Ok gonna play the asshole here for a min.

If you think it's just a go up whack monsters and repeat, then you sir are the shallow one.

Go watch some clips/streams and take a look at the weapons sets in the game.

News Comments > MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD Released
2. Re: MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD Released Aug 9, 2018, 13:04 The Half Elf

I picked this up on the PS4, and it was my first time playing the franchise.

Crafting is basically going out and researching certain monsters, and then killing them for specific parts. It's not crazy level of grinding but there is some grind.
But crafting is required to have better weapons/armor.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2018, 08:28 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Jul 30, 2018, 05:18:
The Half Elf wrote on Jul 29, 2018, 23:19:
I got a new pet this week as well.

A MUTHER FUCKING SNAKE IN MY MUTHER FUCKING BASEMENT!

Now once I figured out what it was.. and 3 fingers of bourbon later went back down to capture and release... the fucker went MIA.

As I told mrgrosser, it's gonna start off like a Mogwai and end up like the Andaconda movie.

So I need 3 people to come help me get all my lego sets, comic books and computer/gaming related stuff out of my house, oh and 1 person with a orbital nuclear strike unit to nuke said basement from orbit.

Yes it is the only way to be sure.

Look at the bright side: you won't get Lyme or spotted fever from a snake. And the chances of it being poisonous are slim.

There is no bright side... my washer/dryer are in the basement and I'm quickly running out of undies and socks!

#firstworldproblems

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2018, 23:19 The Half Elf

I got a new pet this week as well.

A MUTHER FUCKING SNAKE IN MY MUTHER FUCKING BASEMENT!

Now once I figured out what it was.. and 3 fingers of bourbon later went back down to capture and release... the fucker went MIA.

As I told mrgrosser, it's gonna start off like a Mogwai and end up like the Andaconda movie.

So I need 3 people to come help me get all my lego sets, comic books and computer/gaming related stuff out of my house, oh and 1 person with a orbital nuclear strike unit to nuke said basement from orbit.

Yes it is the only way to be sure.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2018, 13:49 The Half Elf

Amazon is closed. Nothing to see here. Go away.  

News Comments > Suspect GTA6 Tease Appears in GTA Online
6. Re: Suspect GTA6 Tease Appears in GTA Online Jul 2, 2018, 22:52 The Half Elf

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 2, 2018, 10:54:
Just another reminder they never invested a penny in securing online, that these modders are announcing their next game for them in GTA:Online through their own notification system.

Mordi they did quite a bit over the last 3 months to secure online.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two Launches
2. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two Launches Jun 28, 2018, 18:27 The Half Elf

So I dabbled a little bit during the first year of release.... anything to bring back old players who were bored or frustrated?  

9. Re: Disney Scores Approval To Acquire Fox. Jun 28, 2018, 17:06 The Half Elf

Ok so that just leaves Spider Man in Sony arms... but but but... MARVEL WILL BE WHOLE AGAIN!  

News Comments > GreedFall Trailer
3. Re: GreedFall Trailer Jun 14, 2018, 10:06 The Half Elf

Alamar wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 23:05:
Nice looking CGI... Wonder what the game is about...

Exactly.

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Revealed
4. Re: Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Revealed Jun 9, 2018, 19:15 The Half Elf

Give me Jedi Knight II/Outcast saber combat with a modern engine and you can have a testicle or a kidney.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
12. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 4, 2018, 00:26 The Half Elf

Peter M. Smith wrote on Jun 3, 2018, 19:49:
DangerDog wrote on Jun 3, 2018, 19:41:
How many sci-fi movies where the characters are reaching their otherworldly destination and it just ends. It used to be from a lack of budget but mostly because it was a lack of imagination.

This. Avatar has been the only 3D movie I've seen where I was simply blown away by the visuals. A scene where the camera was doing a low crawl through the brush? I reached out to try to move a branch that wasn't there in reality, but my eyes warned me I was about to hit it. If Cameron can keep that level of visual fidelity then I'll pay the man and watch his movie.

This.
I saw Avatar in IMAX 3D, and I couldn't even tell you what the movie was about because I was totally engrossed by the 3D and CGI.

News Comments > The Crew 2 Closed Beta Keys
5. Re: The Crew 2 Closed Beta Keys Jun 2, 2018, 21:43 The Half Elf

No thanks. First one was bad, this is just bad with air and water thrown in.  

News Comments > Fallout 76 Revealed
4. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed May 30, 2018, 20:39 The Half Elf

Interstate 76 meets Fallout?!?

I'M IN!

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2018, 18:00 The Half Elf

14 years..... damn.... *googles Amazon for a walker with tennis balls*

As for Solo. It's not a bad movie. It's just a movie. As bland and meh as possible. There is more excitement in The Force Awakens Trailer 3 then this entire movie combined.

10. Re: Out of the Blue (Re: Into the Black- late) May 25, 2018, 15:13 The Half Elf

Rigs,
I'm not sure what words to say to you that would help you or bring you comfort. Because anything anyone said to me was background noise to the sadness, anger, frustration, confusion, etc, etc, etc that I felt when I lost my mom a few years ago in an equally maddening situation. The daily trips to the hospital, the worrying, the prayers to anyone/thing that will listen to give this one soul another chance.
And yesterday was my dad's death anniversary. I'm not sure why TB's death surprised me, or.... hurt me, I mean like others I watched his video's and valued his views and content he produced.
I haven't been that shocked and touched by a "celeb death" since Robin Williams.

Sorry I'm rambling. My point is Rigs let it out. It took me 30 years to realize that with my dad's death, which help me deal with my moms.

Anytime ya need to talk I'm on steam as The Half Elf

18. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2018, 04:27 The Half Elf

Mr. Tact wrote on May 12, 2018, 15:18:
Giving blood every six weeks is about all I can take (I give since I am O-, universal donor), giving plasma once a week? Clearly he deserves a sainthood...

Did it twice a week for 3 1/2 years. But he donated blood, not plasma. You'd be surprised what a person is willing to do to help keep other people alive.

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2018, 14:09 The Half Elf

DIE BLANKET OF DEATH!

*ruins everything*

*runs away giggling*

6. Re: Drug made famous by Shkreli’s 5,000% price hike is still $750 a pill May 5, 2018, 18:02 The Half Elf

BTW, for all us old folks. Watch Cobra Kai on Youtube Red. Best thing I've seen all year (Yeah Infinity War, even better then you).  

11622 Comments. 582 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo