Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CptRanger
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description The User formerly known as The Half Elf
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11640 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On ATLAS Delays
16. Re: Re: On ATLAS Delays Dec 23, 2018, 05:17 CptRanger

Go read the Steam reviews... holy crap what a shitshow.

The game is a DLC for ARK, if you have a controller plugged in you can use it to access a ARK menu for the other DLC.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2018, 11:48 CptRanger

Hell Blue if I'd known ya wanted one I'd give ya one. They pass them out like candy during peak, but it seems ya got a paperwhite one. Some reason I just can't get into E-Books, and love having a physical book and reading in bed.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2018, 23:30 CptRanger

Maybe Jedi finally saw The Last Jedi. My reaction was fairly similar.

Also the Kimono story was pretty cool.

OK FOLKS PSA From all the Employee's at Amazon.

Day 5: QUIT BUYING SHIT!

That is all.

News Comments > LEGO DC Super-Villains Getting Aquaman DLC
2. Re: LEGO DC Super-Villains Getting Aquaman DLC Nov 29, 2018, 23:24 CptRanger

I swimmingly approve this message.

As much as a Lego Lover as I am, I had as much excitement for this as I did the SOLO movie. None.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2018, 05:30 CptRanger

Black Friday at Amazon. Here it is.
Black Friday is one of the easiest days of the YEAR at Amazon. Why? Because of 2 day prime shipping it's Saturday that's the "unofficial first day of peak" even though technically Amazon started it a week early this year. (Overstaffed on personal and fuck-all to do makes for very long boring days).
As a member of the Logistics/TOM Team at a SC (sort center) we are a tad different then a FC (fulfillment center), we are in charge of making sure all your crap gets on a truck and sent to the Amazon Post office (a SC/Sort Center), sorted out even more and off the property. A "busy" normal weekend is roughly 350k packages a day, but during peak last year and this year we will cap out around 720-750k packages a day. We were suppose to be in "Phase 2" and be the first sort center to push a million packages a day, but that "being planned" since we opened the biggest SC in Amazon Oct of last year.
I'm still pissed about this 15 bucks an hour bullshit Amazon is spewing. 15 bucks an hour for PART TIME ASSOCIATES, where Full Timers under a certain level lost VCP/UPT Monthly bonus, NO MORE STOCKS for full timers (thank god I got mine before this happened), more duties put on full timers and taken away from part timers etc.
But after all is said and done I like Peak. Enough bonuses last year so my HTC Vive headset was 5 bucks, and this year instead of doing stupid gift card shit we are getting straight cash.
Then again after being off work for 3 months on medical leave I'm just happy to be back at work.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2018, 12:36 CptRanger

Congrats CUBS!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 26, 2018, 14:01 CptRanger

Creston wrote on Oct 26, 2018, 10:28:
Played a little bit of RDR2 this morning. Unbelievable detail, but I agree with pretty much every reviewer that it's just extremely cumbersome to play.

Don't get me wrong, I normally like that Rockstar games' characters have weight and presence to them. I don't want them zipping around like Shadows of War or Assassin's Creed. But I think they may have gone overboard here...

Still, other than that, it felt very RDR.

*cough* CptRanger on PSN *cough cough*

Made it to chapter 2 (where the game opens up) and I have to say RIGHT NOW... the controls are a bit overwhelming, as I keep shooting people by accident. It's not DCS Warthog level of controls, but there is a learning curve.

Oh... and I'm off another week before I'm able to return to work.

And time to go back old school with the name.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 25, 2018, 13:57 CptRanger

Beamer wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 12:00:
Just bought an Xbox on Amazon with this and Battlefield V for $259. Figure I can sell it in January, with BFV likely unopened. Not a bad deal.

Considered a PS4, since it has better games, but I don't plan to keep this long and really just hate the PS4 controller relative to the Xbox one.

Duuude, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, Last of Us Remastered (hell all the ps3 games remastered that I never played) are worth getting a PS4 Pro for. Plus they have a few more exclusives upcoming within the next year that really caught my eye.

Xbox... anything exclusive is with the Play Anywhere deal so I can play those on Windows.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 25, 2018, 13:55 CptRanger

Creston wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 13:01:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 11:14:
12 hours!

CHOOO CHOOOO!!!!

Still waiting for Creston918 to accept my friends request....

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 25, 2018, 11:14 CptRanger

12 hours!  

News Comments > Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass Coming to Windows
2. Re: Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass Coming to Windows Oct 25, 2018, 11:13 CptRanger

Well if ya have the Game Pass, the play anywhere games already work on Windows.

And actually for 10 bucks a month it's not a bad deal. I get to play Forza Horizon 4 and not plop down 100 bucks.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Oct 23, 2018, 22:07 CptRanger

I thought this was the proper way to get rid of spiders.... shit brb...

*goes and disables the propane tanks in the basement*

50 hours to go!

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 23, 2018, 16:33 CptRanger

Sitting at 98% myself, but worth the price of admission to get a PS4.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 23, 2018, 11:48 CptRanger

No Lego Lucio?!? Awwwwww  

News Comments > PC RDR2 Listing Follow-up
19. Re: PC RDR2 Listing Follow-up Oct 23, 2018, 10:48 CptRanger

Cram wrote on Oct 22, 2018, 23:34:
Want so bad - Asking for advice

Don't own a console, don't own a 4k TV. I could get both, but I won't just for one game; would have no use for the TV beyond that. I do own a 1440p monitor with HDMI etc (Dell S2716DG). Will either the PS4 Pro or Xbox1X work with it, and will the console do its upscaling or whatever they do to work at 1440p? Would there be any negatives like, such as input lag, to worry about?

Get a PS4 Pro, get the TV, Get Spider Man, and Horizon Zero Dawn. Worth the price of admission!

12. Re: PC RDR2 Listing Follow-up Oct 22, 2018, 17:16 CptRanger

Creston wrote on Oct 22, 2018, 14:38:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 22, 2018, 13:27:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 22, 2018, 12:20:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 22, 2018, 11:40:
4 DAYS!

SQUEE!

Did you take vacation days?

Negative, been off work for 3 months, and I am so ready to get back to work. But I don't go back till Sunday, so I get roughly 24 hours to play

BTW anyone getting this for the PS4, please add me Cpt Ranger

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM E

Creston you bitch, I sent you a friend request like 2 years ago and you've never accepted it!

Actually it's still showing as pending!

7. Re: PC RDR2 Listing Follow-up Oct 22, 2018, 13:27 CptRanger

jdreyer wrote on Oct 22, 2018, 12:20:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 22, 2018, 11:40:
4 DAYS!

SQUEE!

Did you take vacation days?

Negative, been off work for 3 months, and I am so ready to get back to work. But I don't go back till Sunday, so I get roughly 24 hours to play

BTW anyone getting this for the PS4, please add me Cpt Ranger

3. Re: PC RDR2 Listing Follow-up Oct 22, 2018, 11:40 CptRanger

4 DAYS!

SQUEE!

21. Re: A little trip... Oct 6, 2018, 00:45 CptRanger

jdreyer wrote on Oct 5, 2018, 21:18:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 5, 2018, 18:23:
Since Blue won't have a Blue's Con, went to Minneapolis to visit mrgrosser and Bats for the first time.. Also got to meet the wonderful women who put up with them/deal with them, and Batz Jr who after playing some Lego Star Wars with, is on his way to being a fine addition to the gaming community soon enough.
Also got my first girlfriend. Sadly she's a bit of a bed hog.

I can't thank either of these familys for inviting me to come visit during a time when my life is all sorts of fucking crazy. BTW do NOT play Bingo with either of them. You have been warned

Great story and pics! I was wondering where you were, since we hadn't heard from you in a while. Even posted a "Where's Halfelf" comment about a week ago.

2 times a year (family death anniversaries) I tend to fall down the rabbit hole. 5 year anniversary of my mom (followed by dad's birthday 9/7 and parents anniversary on 9/11), but this year I got pretty far down the hole, and all my support people that were suppose to be there for me weren't. I am mean NOONE, so thankfully 2 people from this site mrgrosser and xBatmanX/Retired became my knights in shining IT/Police armor.

This was followed up by the OD of a next door neighbor, who wasn't a bad person (actually had given 2 rooms to people who were homeless), falling down their own hole and not finding a way out. Then 2 days after my mom's anniversary a BFF from work's mom died in a very similar fashion while on chemo and radiation for cancer.
I know the stages he's going to go through, so helping him deal with his anger/sadness/numbness has helped me quite a bit.

I know I've said this before (I believe on Blue's personal anniversaries), but if you have a family member or friend, or someone ya care about but may be not quite on good terms with... tell them how ya feel, before you don't have the chance to.

What's left unsaid/undone/unloved can be more detrimental then you may know and can lead to yourself, or someone you know falling down their own hole. If I didn't have Batz and mrgrosser for support, I'd probably be homeless/incarcerated/dead right now.

14. A little trip... Oct 5, 2018, 18:23 CptRanger

Since Blue won't have a Blue's Con, went to Minneapolis to visit mrgrosser and Bats for the first time.. Also got to meet the wonderful women who put up with them/deal with them, and Batz Jr who after playing some Lego Star Wars with, is on his way to being a fine addition to the gaming community soon enough.
Also got my first girlfriend. Sadly she's a bit of a bed hog.

I can't thank either of these familys for inviting me to come visit during a time when my life is all sorts of fucking crazy. BTW do NOT play Bingo with either of them. You have been warned

11640 Comments. 582 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo