Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10386 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2016, 18:21 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 14:31:
Angler hooks German's todger at nudist lake.

Frankly, that gives me the willies.

Well giving willies is better then catching a willy on a hook

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched
51. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 24, 2016, 18:19 The Half Elf

The Dawn Engine has some issues.

MSAA even on lowest setting kills the framerate. Bloom, Depth of Vision, and Volumetric lighting at max levels also take a huge FPS hit.
What surprises me is play the benchmark. There are some highway pylons/cones that are used as lights (you can see them behind the Mech Cop as the camera comes around) and watch the bloom/volumetric lighting. The pylons will sway and you can see that the bloom/fog from them are static and show the edges. Also when the benchmark first starts there is a cop and a civie on the ground and watch their shadows and the shadows cast on them by the pipes.

Not a bad engine, but surprised they didn't stick to the Unreal Engine. They use so many pre-rendered cut scenes it's rather shocking, and will switch from in-game (like Adam waking up where you see his arms/legs) and then you walk 3 feet and open the blinds and it's a cgi cutscene, then goes back to in engine, until you take a shower (which switches back to cgi, and the whole hand wiping the glass annoys the FUCK OUT OF ME!).
I will say I do like them using cutscenes for the loading screens as using the train is actually more interesting then looking at a blank load screen.

2 major issues I have are the lip sync (which can be fine for 1 sentence and then go all english dubbed godzilla movie the next), and something is not right with the voice lines volume. 1 sentence you can hear them fine, next I can barely hear them, and I had to crank the music way down to even hear that.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 DLC & Season Pass Details
13. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC & Season Pass Details Aug 24, 2016, 15:14 The Half Elf

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 13:50:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 13:14:
50 bucks for the pass. LOL.

"Um guys... we tried to price gouge our customers hoping the Star Wars name would get them to buy it... but if we don't charge 50 bucks for the pass in the next game then it will be REALLY obvious!" -EA Exec.

Not that I am disagreeing with your point here but to be fair every other season passes are $50 and up. It is not an EA thing.
I just wish these season passes would go on sale as often as the games do.

Pretty sure the season passes for previous BF games were not 50 bucks, then again I never bought the season pass until some time later when they were discounted. (which sticker shock of Battlefront's pass cause a bit of a uproar).

And if I'm not mistaken, only Bethesda upped the price of the season pass halfway through it's DLC. Apon checking it was 30 then went up to 50.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched
33. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 24, 2016, 13:23 The Half Elf

nin.... you know better then to quote CJ. There is a reason he's on the ignore list sir.

And the game still needs a layer or two of optimizations. For example coming out of the M4 basement elevator and turning around to the door to exit the game hits single digit framerates for anywhere of 5 to 10 seconds. Restarting the game had the same issues but for about 3 or 4 seconds.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 DLC & Season Pass Details
10. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC & Season Pass Details Aug 24, 2016, 13:14 The Half Elf

50 bucks for the pass. LOL.

"Um guys... we tried to price gouge our customers hoping the Star Wars name would get them to buy it... but if we don't charge 50 bucks for the pass in the next game then it will be REALLY obvious!" -EA Exec.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER DLC Next Week
4. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER DLC Next Week Aug 24, 2016, 07:18 The Half Elf

Emton wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 05:14:
This DLC will go great with my Warhammer Toothbrush, Warhammer Lunchbox, Warhammer Picture Frames, Warhammer Belt-buckle with matching shoelaces and Warhammer Ming Vase but I'd burn all this crap for Medieval III.

TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER: THE FLAME THROWER!

The kids love this one.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
51. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 19:31 The Half Elf

ok so min fps is 24 max is 31.

change a bunch of settings... same thing.... change more settings same thing.....

BTW how fucking hard is it to have a player shadow in 1st person view?!? I feel like Peter Pan/Vampire standing in a doorway with a light source behind me, everything has shadows except me.

34. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 13:41 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 13:38:
Fion wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 12:50:
When a review says they got to the end in 20 hours, that usually means I'll have a good 35+ of enjoyment out of a game. Reviewers rarely do side-content, explore, get into the social stuff like talking to various NPCs, getting immersed in the story, etc. They have a review to write and a hard deadline so they play that game like its going out of style.

My first DE:HR playthrough was over 100 hours and I think reviews said it was 30-40, so I'm not that worried about length.

That's what she said

Everything on max so far (turned off motion blur and will prop turn off depth of field (depending how annoying it is). Very solid performance so far.
Has some sort of mouse acceleration so had to crank down the mouse speed. Ton of pre-rendered cutscenes (as the game looks 5 times better in game).
Was nice that there is a 12 min video to catch you up if ya didn't play the previous game.

20. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 12:17 The Half Elf

At 94 days to unpack the game and climbingh..  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2016, 23:48 The Half Elf

I KNOW what it means, she had/has no clue.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details
15. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details Aug 22, 2016, 23:47 The Half Elf

I've said it before and will say it again. If Cutter was the worst person EVER to be on Blues News we'd be in good shape

Sides I have to defend Cutter I have dibs on his couch after the election.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2016, 21:36 The Half Elf

I need feedback.
A new employee asked me what the Amazon smile is on the side of all the boxes at work. I need a really GOOD response, because my 'It's a penis or a smile... I mean who wouldn't be smiling to get a box full of penis's" but I think that may be a little over the top, and I fseriously told her that I wasn't sure but I would find out for her.
It's my "Friday" so my brain is turned off till Thursday, so looking for some brainpower to come up with something clever. And at least a PG version and a R/X version

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Aug 22, 2016, 21:00 The Half Elf

Wait for Xmas Cutter, 5 bucks is the max I would pay for it (and I had it on the 360 for awhile).

And the Forza (1-6) series is all about racing, pure and simple.
Forza Horizon's is more of the 'Need for Speed' version of Forza.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details
9. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details Aug 22, 2016, 20:58 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 20:41:
Emton wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 20:29:
Looks like an on-rails linear storybook game probably about 80% of the playtime will be watching some cut-scene...

Oh yeah, totally, just like the last one.

You win today's Cutter.

In Cutter's defense he useually reads about the subject and make some sorta extreme comment typically based on something.
While Emton's comment is just pure stupidity and ignorance.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans
1. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 21, 2016, 15:04 The Half Elf

Improving features, like multiplayer?

Btw path of the Atlas was a major disappointment besides getting a ton of words, and having black holes marked on the map

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
57. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 21, 2016, 08:05 The Half Elf

Never before have I wanted to use a ball gag on a straight guy before listening to Chris Roberts in this presentation. "Player 2... player 2... PLAYER 2... pla"

It is impressive, except that performance wise it didn't look very solid framerate wise.
Also on the 'mission' to get the cargo from the 'pirates' they were other people playing instead of NPC's.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2016, 19:42 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 15:36:
Anyone who thinks moving to Canada is something awesome compared to life under HilaTrump is sure in for a rude awakening.

I told you to get the couch ready for me. And I tend to steal all the covers... so lock your bedroom door.

News Comments > Prey 2 Video
5. Re: Prey 2 Video Aug 19, 2016, 19:37 The Half Elf

Steazy wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 19:33:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 19:23:
Wow I was right, it is Bioshock in space.

Some horrible shadows and jaggies in that video.

I believe they used to call that System Shock.

I never played the series before Bioshock ( i know.. i'm sorry), but with the menu and station names, it looks like Bioshock in space, instead of Rapture.

Was it Half Life that had the multiplayer hide and seek mod where you could hide as objects?

News Comments > Prey 2 Video
2. Re: Prey 2 Video Aug 19, 2016, 19:23 The Half Elf

Wow I was right, it is Bioshock in space.

Some horrible shadows and jaggies in that video.

News Comments > Ubisoft VR Games Release Schedule
9. Re: Ubisoft VR Games Release Schedule Aug 18, 2016, 21:36 The Half Elf

If they made a Trek game (has to be Trek license) with the different bridge stations like in Klingon Academy, had it multiplayer it would be a hit.  

10386 Comments. 520 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo