Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 10465 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch Symmetra Changes Next Month
2. Re: Overwatch Symmetra Changes Next Month Sep 26, 2016, 11:18 The Half Elf

Sorta like Bastion and Dwarf. If you can set them up they are great, buut I typically don't see them used as attack characters.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Sep 25, 2016, 14:53 The Half Elf

I want to do a gaming series in the vein of Judge Judy. If you thought Link was bad for all the pots he broke, what aboutr all the Lego Characters that destroy EVERYTHING? Or Geralt stealing shit. "Hey look I just found a hidden chest with this awesome *insert item here*!" Maybe it was hidden away for a reason. Or how many dead people have letters with items hidden away. Geralt is nothing more then a mutant grave robber thug!  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Trailers
7. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Trailers Sep 25, 2016, 10:51 The Half Elf

But if the driving mechanics suck ass, then you dread getting from point A to point B.

But the voice over is ass puckering cringe worthy. "Every vehicle has a turbo boost" WTF? Bad enough you have the VW Vans remote controllable, but they also have fucking Turbo?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Redux Mod
9. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Redux Mod Sep 20, 2016, 05:16 The Half Elf

LOC wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 01:05:
If I ever get friends who say consoles are better than PC (I hate that argument, but eh whatever) I'll just show them this so they drool for the PS4 Pro and Scorpio (if they could even handle this sort of mod).

Looks stunning to be honest. Amazing work.

Bigger online communities (especially for this game with less cheating), better for sports and fighhting games (consoles are), but then again PC's aren't the main demographic for those type of games. Oh yeah.. and they got Red Dead Redemption.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous May Drop Win32 and DX10
19. Re: Elite Dangerous May Drop Win32 and DX10 Sep 20, 2016, 00:29 The Half Elf

Slick wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 21:44:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 21:03:
Well there is plenty to counter on your reply, one thing that has sort of rubbed me wrong is now there is "only works on Win 10 anniversary edition", so we are going to be splitting which version of Win 10 games run on. Ugh.

There are plenty of DX9 games still being made and it works fine for many efforts.

I don't think using Win32 like this is a good idea when it can be looked at as leaving Win32 and moving to UWP. I believe in this case what they are getting at is not supporting 32 Bit Windows. I don't believe that is the same thing.

1) there's no discussion about migrating to UWP, it's entirely moving from 32-bit to 64-bit, which is something that should have been done 10 years ago.

2) Win10 Anniversary update is just a service pack, it's will Win10. I remember seeing nVidia divide their drivers into Win10, and Win10 anniversary update. This has since been changed back to just "Win10". The whole point of Win10 is to NOT segregate their user-base. Their whole OS as a service stuff. I imagine these big updates will be coming out every year or so for the 10+ year lifetime of Win10.

Which if you think about it, constant service packs on the same OS is MUCH preferable to developers having to support 4-5 different operating systems. It's a standard, that's what the whole point of their argument is, which is absolutely sound.

I think that it's not even an argument to consider keeping 0.5% of their users who are running INCREDIBLY outdated hardware/software (32-bit windows). The limitation of only having 3.5GB of memory to work with (really about 2.5GB after you count the OS) is RIDICULOUS. And The fact that 99.5% of people already have 64-bit compatible software and hardware, yet their experience is crippled because of this 0.5%... it's outrageous.

This is why there's only 20 or so NPCs usually visible at the same time in any game, as opposed to thousands. It's this backwards compatibility crap that cripples development, and real innovation in games.

I think a 5 year grace period is acceptable. DX10 was released in like 2006 or 2007, that's almost a decade old, it's time to put it out to pasture, same with the rest of it. At this pace we're never going to see the kind of game I want to experience in my lifetime.

Have you ever seen World of Warcraft, when they have 100's (litterally) of npc's on screen at once?

16. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 20, 2016, 00:13 The Half Elf

Vall Forran wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 23:25:
When you launch the game, there are options for 32-bit Windows or 64-bit Windows, so they got it right. I think you are nitpicking at the press abbreviating.

Yes but there are people only using the 32bit version. Doesn't matter if it's 50% or .0001% I would like to know how many people this is.
If it's like 12 people.... maybe Frontier could do something to help those gamers out. It could be that they can't afford a better system to go only to 64 bit, or their vid cards don't support DX 11/12.

BTW from the post... "We do appreciate that although those are small percentages, that is still a SIGNIFICANT number of people affected".
So if that is 500 people that they alienate from a game that when they purchased and played they should just be fucked?

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Sep 19, 2016, 22:29 The Half Elf

When did Goat Simulator get WWI DLC?  

9. Re: Elite Dangerous May Drop Win32 and DX10 Sep 19, 2016, 22:12 The Half Elf

The problem is they ALREADY have shipped the game. People ARE playing it on Win32 and DX10. If it was in Alpha or Beta I think that would be fine, BUT the game is out.
I'd like to see some numbers like how many people is that 5%.

News Comments > For Honor Alpha Concludes
2. Re: For Honor Alpha Concludes Sep 19, 2016, 20:31 The Half Elf

I tried to get into the Alpha (looks damn good for a Alpha).
If you ever played Jedi Knight Outcast or Academy, there were multiple styles. A fast/med/heavy system. You wanted quick light attack that was fine, but if you wanted a heavy hitting slow attack, be ready to commit to it.
And this looks to be the same. Everything is about timing, watching your enemy, and being patient.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2016, 17:18 The Half Elf

There is a saying "Who doesn't love free shit?!" You give me something of value for free and ask me to review it, 9 out of 10 times I'm going to give a higher review because I am greatful for a free item.  

News Comments > Gears of War 4 Launch Trailer
4. Re: Gears of War 4 Launch Trailer Sep 19, 2016, 13:41 The Half Elf

Actually sorta interested but can't buy it on the microsoft store... is it coming to steam?

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2016, 11:00 The Half Elf

Here's the thing... if StarCitizen was on Steam right now how do you think reviews would go? If I checked out the KS page it would be FULL of fanboi reviews (not being an asshole about this speculation but I think I have a point if ya check out the Star Citizen forums).

At the same time Steam lets anyone put shit on Steam. There is no review crew to check to make sure it's not just crap. Hell even a guuy got a Paint Drying game on Steam (granted it wasn't quite legit how he got it on there).

And bullshit on digging into reviews.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2016, 20:30 The Half Elf

ForgedReality wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 19:27:
Guardians looks terrible. Horribly cheesy, contrived storyline, shitty b-movie special effects, no-name actors, dumb makeup, guaranteed waste of time. Have fun though! XD

All it needs is a spot on Mystery Science Theater 3000!

And the cryo forzen 2 year old... wtf?!?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2016, 18:01 The Half Elf

Triforce Awakens was really good! And I still would like to see Guardians without the horrible dubs.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Death Star for Season Pass Holders Next Week
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Death Star for Season Pass Holders Next Week Sep 16, 2016, 18:50 The Half Elf

Chewie could really use the HairFX from Witcher 3.

Looks great, they maybe did something interesting with ship combat? But this is shit that shoulda been in the original game.

News Comments > Into the Black
18. Re: Op Ed Sep 16, 2016, 10:21 The Half Elf

Blue wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 09:12:
Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 01:44:
No, it is - for certain ethnicities and depending on where you live. Vitamin D, casein and whey proteins, are majorly important for a great many body fuctions. That's well known and accepted everywhere, except for kooks on Youtube who tell you don't need dairy. Rolleyes

Yeah, who would take unsourced medical anecdotes from a non-doctor on an internet forum?

But at the same time Doctor's will perscribe medications because they are get money back from drug companies as well.

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Delayed
18. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Delayed Sep 16, 2016, 10:16 The Half Elf

Rigs wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 21:42:
Classy, Cutter, really classy...

=-Rigs-=

At the same time it's a South Park thread.... should leave you're insecurities at the door.

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Delayed
13. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Delayed Sep 16, 2016, 01:36 The Half Elf

This is a bunch a' crap! I've been licking this carpet for three hours and I still don't feel like a lesbian!  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege PC Starter Edition Returns
4. Re: Rainbow Six Siege PC Starter Edition Returns Sep 15, 2016, 22:40 The Half Elf

Rainbow Six 1-3, hell even Vegas wasn't that bad.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege PC Starter Edition Returns
1. Re: Rainbow Six Siege PC Starter Edition Returns Sep 15, 2016, 19:15 The Half Elf

Still waiting for a Rainbow Six game to return.  

10465 Comments. 524 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo