Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11460 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > LawBreakers All-Star Update
10. Re: LawBreakers All-Star Update Oct 19, 2017, 12:26 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 12:16:
NKD wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 10:57:
If a patch falls in the woods and no one is there to download it, does the Pope shit in his hat?

I... but... err...

https://giphy.com/gifs/reaction-y7kvOYLzas6Ag

ROFL *goes and saves that link*

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > LawBreakers All-Star Update
3. Re: LawBreakers All-Star Update Oct 19, 2017, 10:14 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 10:08:
Ranked mode! Play now, and you, yes YOU, can be in the top 10 worldwide!

*gives Creston a gold star*

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2017, 10:08 The Half Elf

It's all well and good that they want to sit in your lap... until years later they don't understand they are 50lbs plus, and you're sterile.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Preloads
20. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 19, 2017, 09:48 The Half Elf

Jagacademy wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 09:10:
Slick wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 20:35:

Step two: cancel pre-order looking at all the better games coming out this season

I've been bored out of my mind looking for new games to play, what are you referring to that is coming out this season?

South Park, Destiny 2, Assassin's Creed (and that's just in the last/next 2 weeks).

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Oct 19, 2017, 09:41 The Half Elf

What's the difference between a tornado and divorce in the south? None, either way someone's loosing a trailer - Robin Williams  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 18, 2017, 23:23 The Half Elf

Still no fucking Master Chief Collection for the pc?!?  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Oct 18, 2017, 23:22 The Half Elf

Rhett wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 10:36:
Hilarious watching Denuvo just absolutely fail to do anything now. I'm just picturing these clueless executives being furious (the ones that push for it). Though I never really cared about denuvo, sometimes piracy just feels like a necessary "evil".

But will Denuvo double down? Will DRM be meaningless in the near future? Will DRM get far more painful for consumers? It's a thin line, methinks.

Necessary Evil? Back in the day long before digital downloads I use to pirate games. But if I liked the game I always bought it. This day and age, I either get it off a key site, or wait a few months to purchase it during a sale.
At the end of the day, you may hate WB/Monolith for loot box stuff, but there are still people working on the game who did a great job, but had no control over horrible design decisions.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
30. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 23:17 The Half Elf

NKD wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 18:16:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 18:11:
Just as I thought, nothing. But thanks for verifying that for me.
You did leave an out by using the word routinely so it's perfectly ok to admit that you can't find anything to back up your statement.

So what I'm getting here is that you want me to ask you for citations for every single claim you make in every post you make until the end of time? And then when you waste your time posting links, I can say they aren't good enough? Do you want me to do this retroactively, or just from now on?

I'm not clear on when we switched to only being able to say things that were literal quotes from a peer reviewed journal. You sure as fuck don't post by those rules.

If it wasn't related to death/suicide then cite whatever you want. But if you are going to make such a bold claim about the subject matter, then YES PLEASE, do cite reliable factual studies to back them up.

13. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 18, 2017, 22:48 The Half Elf

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 22:19:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 22:07:
Step one: pre-order

Step two: cancel pre-order looking at all the better games coming out this season

Step three: be thankful you're not put into quick matches where you're at a disadvantage unless you've paid for in-game shop items.

Ok I can't tell if you're serious or not with Step 3. If you are, do you not get how hypocritical you are?

A challenge of wits? Will you supply the Iocaine powder and a princess as hostage as well?

And I am not on your ass. Even I have standards.
LOL
But Step 1, really?
Whatever you do half-elf, don't challenge him to an iq test, not even the dotus would do something that dumb. o wait

That's the thing... High IQ doesn't equal common sense. And like Trump, it's this egotistical narcissism thing that people do when they get caught in some sort of bullshit lie/moment/whatever, which results in a a-typical fight or flight response.

I'd expect the next comment would be a measure of dick sizes, or who's dad could beat up who.

*starts taking up tin foil hat origami*

10. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 18, 2017, 22:17 The Half Elf

Slick,
Welcome to ignore.
Enjoy your stay.

I win.

7. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 18, 2017, 22:07 The Half Elf

Step one: pre-order

Step three: be thankful you're not put into quick matches where you're at a disadvantage unless you've paid for in-game shop items.

Ok I can't tell if you're serious or not with Step 3. If you are, do you not get how hypocritical you are?

A challenge of wits? Will you supply the Iocaine powder and a princess as hostage as well?

And I am not on your ass. Even I have standards.

4. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 18, 2017, 21:54 The Half Elf

Slick wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 20:56:
Ech, I was happy this franchise came to PC, I'm still stoked to play through it eventually. The first one was some of the best fun I've had on a console. I just know that it turns into a grind-fest in the late game, and I don't have the time to commit right now. This will be a good game to revisit in early 2018, once it has a few patches.

Grindfest.... said the guy defending Battlefront II and Star Cards.
You're funny.

1. Re: Into the Black Oct 18, 2017, 21:49 The Half Elf

I would have used napalm.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2017, 15:43 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 13:23:
I worked lighting for the Hip's first CD release party at the Diamond Club in Toronto back in the day. Didn't think they were going to go anywhere, which shows that talent scout or band manager was certainly not in my future as a career. I still don't care for most of their music but Downie was a good guy and I'm sure there are a lot of sad people out there today.

Already had this conversation about your taste in music Cutter (or lack of).

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 15:32 The Half Elf

Verno wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 12:48:
I don't know, I find this sort of male posturing bizarre. You would want a socially stunted sexual predator? The kind of person who thinks its ok to party with and sleep with your kids as a 30 year has some serious problems. Yeah that kind of person could do no mental harm to young people at all. Read about what the kid was doing while this was going on in the article.

As a parent I don't want this kind of person anywhere near teenagers, male or female.

Even as a gay guy, I would know better then to fuck it up by taking pictures/bragging/logging about it.
You don't fuck with a good thing!

Who the fuck taught these kids?!?

News Comments > Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction
32. Re: Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction Oct 18, 2017, 09:29 The Half Elf

DangerDog wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 05:17:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 05:07:
How hard is it to make a single player game with Jedi Knight/Outcast's Saber combat?!?

They already made that game, Force Unleashed 1 & 2.

I guess they could do an updated version with the new star wars themes from the latest movies, I guess some people actually like it but I know I sure don't.

I would fall out of my chair laughing if they made an entire game focused on playing as Rey or Finn.

Re-Read what I said, with saber combat like Outcast/Jedi Academy (yeah I missed academy). Force Unleashed's SABER COMBAT was nothing like it, and was more of a Devil May Cry/ God of War system.

News Comments > Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction
22. Re: Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction Oct 18, 2017, 05:07 The Half Elf

How hard is it to make a single player game with Jedi Knight/Outcast's Saber combat?!?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 17, 2017, 12:04 The Half Elf

I can't blame them. Going from my old Amazon building to the brand new biggest sort center ever, it's night and day the level of tech and engineering that goes into a place. Once they get driver-less vehicles, and robots that can load and unload trucks, Amazon will be vastly automated.  

1. Re: Into the Black Oct 16, 2017, 21:59 The Half Elf

Shoulda taken all of those damn things into space and let them burn up on re-entry.  

News Comments > Overwatch Boasts 35 Million Players
1. Re: Overwatch Boasts 35 Million Players Oct 16, 2017, 20:39 The Half Elf

35 million, take that Fortnite!  

11460 Comments. 573 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo