Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11535 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2017, 19:25 The Half Elf

TAUNTAUN!

Jeezus Blue!

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 13, 2017, 21:06 The Half Elf

How anyone can play Zelda on the Switch screen is beyond me, but a game like that? No way.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Dec 13, 2017, 20:55 The Half Elf

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 19:56:
After Batman V Superman and Suicide Squad how the fudge was Zack given another superhero movie to mangle.

I hear EA is hiring.

SS wasn't bad, but JLA was like getting a handjob by someone with sandpaper hands and never even gets you fully erect, then just ups and walks out of the room after showing you an hour of bad CGI.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2017, 18:59 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 16:32:
Bought a PS4 Pro (native 4K, HDR lighting, framerate boost, VR ready, 1 TB drive). Too many exclusives on that gaming platform that I couldn't pass up a chance to snap one for $350 ($50 off). First game I want to play is Final Fantasy 15. Also, looking forward to Death Stranding. I am still a PC Master Race gamer... but now I can play PS4 exclusives in 4K. I'm still going to play with a KB and Mouse.

Horizon Zero Dawn. My 2nd all time favorite game/story right behind Red Dead Redemption, and just before AC Black Flag.

News Comments > GTA Online The Doomsday Heist Released
1. Re: GTA Online The Doomsday Heist Released Dec 12, 2017, 21:50 The Half Elf

FLYING DELORIAN!  

News Comments > Fallout 4 VR Released
7. Re: Fallout 4 VR Released Dec 12, 2017, 18:53 The Half Elf

Getting slaughtered in the Steam reviews.

Let me sit down and use my Mouse and Keyboard. I'm all for exercise, but let me use it like in Elite Dangerous.

VR Visual Quality is getting a huge hit as well.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Giveaway Underway
10. Re: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Giveaway Underway Dec 11, 2017, 22:46 The Half Elf

Bumpy wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 22:35:
I certainly hope this is better than III.

All of them are better then 3.

But here is the play order. Play Black Flag, then Rogue, and Rogue's ending is Unity's beginning.

2. Re: Into the Black Dec 11, 2017, 22:10 The Half Elf

NKD wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 21:43:
How to get yourself on the no fly list.

Self Entitled White Elitist Bitch.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Jungle Storm Update Next Week
3. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Jungle Storm Update Next Week Dec 8, 2017, 22:58 The Half Elf

Rather see a Battle Royal mode for this game then any others.  

5. Re: Into the Black Dec 8, 2017, 21:37 The Half Elf

Pigeon wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 17:59:
That dog shaped Roomba went right to the mess and started cleaning immediately. They've really improved those things.

My kitchen was never cleaner when I had one of those Roomba's

News Comments > World War Z Game Announced
22. Re: World War Z Game Announced Dec 8, 2017, 21:30 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 11:20:
Please don't call it World War Z 2. It's drifting into Japanese video game titles.

Star Wars: Dark Forces 4: Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Outcast 2: Jedi Academy?

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2017, 11:18 The Half Elf

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 11:05:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 10:42:
Those AIDS stats are lower than I thought actually..

Given, 36 million people is the population of Canada where I live.. but still thought overall with 7 billion people on this planet that is very small number considering how bad AIDS is..
My thoughts exactly when i read those numbers.
I wonder what percentage is caused by iv drug use and sharing needles versus unprotected sex.

More scary question you should ask is: How many people knowingly have HIV and are purposely trying to spread it.

Had a very good friend, who was older (late 50's early 60's) who asked me to be his caretaker roughly 20 years ago. I had to refuse because I couldn't properly take care of myself, let alone the responsibility of him and his medical requirements, and I couldn't stand to watch him wither and die and go through such pain and torment.
With the improvements to HIV medications, he passed away a few years ago in his sleep. It was one of the hardest (if not the hardest) choice I've ever had to make, and feel guilty for it.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2017, 20:16 The Half Elf

We had an overnight of 48 and into the 60's today at work. And work wise it was very... normal. We didn't get any of the typical after Thanksgiving/Cyber Monday avalanche like last year.

It was quiet.... TOOOO QUIET.

*checks to make sure end of the world isn't coming*

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2017, 21:20 The Half Elf

1badmf wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 19:54:
[quote="The Half Elf"Nov 28, 2017, 18:55"12670
uit buying shit from Amazon.

At least till Jan 1st.

That is all.

Carry on.

*goes and hooks up a IV of Bourbon*
jesus i think i need an intervention with my amazon account. i bought a thousand bucks of computer stuff, you know, whatevs. then i bought a rather expensive watch cuz it caught my eye while browsing... then another watch cuz it caught my eye MOAR. and rather expensive shoes and a jacket even though i already have between 6-12 of each. and i barely stopped myself from buying a new bicycle. oh and i haven't even done any xmas shopping yet XD
Amazon is my new (old) Steam sale crack.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Forces EA Stock Towards the Dark Side
13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 28, 2017, 21:17 The Half Elf

It's not EA you should be paying attention to. It's Disney. Disney has been cutting under profiting parts of it's company left, right and center.

You just don't fuck with the mouse. And you don't fuck with the most expensive IP purchase with a movie coming out in a month, or a park expansion based on the same IP.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2017, 18:55 The Half Elf

Quit buying shit from Amazon.

At least till Jan 1st.

That is all.

Carry on.

*goes and hooks up a IV of Bourbon*

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Trial Released
12. Re: Destiny 2 Free Trial Released Nov 28, 2017, 18:42 The Half Elf

Good game, very solid gun play. Good looking, fun to do open missions.  

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Demo Released
6. Re: Project CARS 2 Demo Released Nov 24, 2017, 09:19 The Half Elf

theglaze wrote on Nov 23, 2017, 17:56:
Downloading now, only 3.4gb compared to +20gb for the Forza Motorsport demo.

Red Bull Ring is a hellova good time, and those cars could be fun.

Hopefully itís not feature neutered and I can try the VR support

Really? Demo size? From reading the Steam reviews, the game needs a few gigs in patches.

News Comments > Golden Joystick Winners
18. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 19, 2017, 21:58 The Half Elf

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Nov 19, 2017, 20:59:
Illumin wrote on Nov 19, 2017, 18:56:
Pretty damn boring list of Winners.

The new Zelda fully deserves the praise it gets and by itself justifies the purchase of a Switch. The rest of the list, however, definitely falls into the category of "I've heard good things, but nothing so good as to make me actually want to play it".

Did you play Horizon Zero Dawn? Story wise I'd say it rates in my top 5 games, the combat was very solid, the engine was gorgeous, and I had no clue it was Ashley voicing Aloy until I looked it up, it was that good.

News Comments > Golden Joystick Winners
11. Re: Golden Joystick Winners Nov 19, 2017, 19:29 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Nov 19, 2017, 16:04:
"Golden Joystick Awards"

No chance of that being mistaken for some other kind of award. Nope.

It's all about how and where you receive the award JD!

11535 Comments. 577 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo