Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Half Elf, CptRanger

Real Name The Half Elf, CptRanger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Half Elf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 14, 2002, 15:47
Total Comments 11263 (Ninja)
User ID 12670

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Trailer
13. Re: Project CARS 2 Trailer Aug 19, 2017, 23:31 The Half Elf

theglaze wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 21:08:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 20:39:
theglaze wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 17:27:
VaranDragon wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 17:14:
theglaze wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 15:34:
I question the laser scanned tracks.

They used drones to capture the dimensions of the track for proper scale recreation, and used high quality photos to give it that realistic look... but the actually bumps, dips, and character of the surface itself was not captured.

And I believe that always separates a sim from an arcade game when it comes to circuit racing.

If the cars are like paint brushes, driving them in PCARS2 is like painting on drywall. I'll stick to canvas.

Well even the original Project Cars had bumps, dips and characteristics akin to those of the real ones. If the devs said they upgraded this feature for the sequel, why would you think they would lie about something that could be easily checked?

pCARS had less than a handful of laser scanned tracks, and after I tried the game, I decided not to purchase it.

They are hyping this game and releasing alongside the titans of Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport, and on paper, they appear to have the advantage.

Either way, we're lucky to have such a rich offering of quality racing titles.

Sorry you lost all credibility when you said Gran Turismo (which has gone to utter shit since the launch of the Forza franchise).

Yes, the glory days of GT were on the PS1 and PS2. Maybe Polyphony cannot deliver on GT Sport with the PS4... and pCARS is positioned to jump on misstep from them and/or Turn 10.

I enjoy a lot of different forms of motorsport, from Indy to F1, MotoGP to Motocross, and WRC to WEC... each series is different with strengths and weaknesses when it comes to entertainment side of the equation.

And I feel the same about these different racing titles; each will thrive in certain areas and lack depth in others.

If you are complaining about lack of "laser scanned tracks", and not purchasing a game because of them AND then talking about the Gran Turismo series?!? GT Sport is a fucking joke. They talk about PSVR, but in the video's they are using a script or controller to look around (anyone who's used VR knows your head is never that smooth) and the extra horsepower to used the PSVR, is going to come at a cost to the rest of the game.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Eclipse Aug 19, 2017, 20:44 The Half Elf

MeanJim wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 17:30:
Anyone going to view the total eclipse? Where I live we'll only be getting 83%, but I was toying with the idea of driving to one of a couple of locations where it will be 100%. Both are the same distance and time to drive, but I'd have to leave at 4am and hope traffic isn't bad, leave even earlier to plan for traffic or just drive there Sunday and stay in a hotel.

I kind of want to see it since the path of totality isn't too far from me, but I also don't really want to spend 14+ hours on the road to see 2 minutes of a total eclipse, even if it is a once in a life time event.

Here in the Cincinnati area we are getting 90%, but thought about driving to Bowling Green KY to get it at 100%

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Trailer
11. Re: Project CARS 2 Trailer Aug 19, 2017, 20:39 The Half Elf

theglaze wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 17:27:
VaranDragon wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 17:14:
theglaze wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 15:34:
I question the laser scanned tracks.

They used drones to capture the dimensions of the track for proper scale recreation, and used high quality photos to give it that realistic look... but the actually bumps, dips, and character of the surface itself was not captured.

And I believe that always separates a sim from an arcade game when it comes to circuit racing.

If the cars are like paint brushes, driving them in PCARS2 is like painting on drywall. I'll stick to canvas.

Well even the original Project Cars had bumps, dips and characteristics akin to those of the real ones. If the devs said they upgraded this feature for the sequel, why would you think they would lie about something that could be easily checked?

pCARS had less than a handful of laser scanned tracks, and after I tried the game, I decided not to purchase it.

They are hyping this game and releasing alongside the titans of Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport, and on paper, they appear to have the advantage.

Either way, we're lucky to have such a rich offering of quality racing titles.

Sorry you lost all credibility when you said Gran Turismo (which has gone to utter shit since the launch of the Forza franchise).

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 18, 2017, 21:05 The Half Elf

How exactly is AMD making Intel sweat? Unless I've missed something, AMD's CPU's still aren't up to snuff, and GPU's have their own set of problems.  

News Comments > Spintires: MudRunner Announced
7. Re: Spintires: MudRunner Announced Aug 18, 2017, 17:08 The Half Elf

ForgedReality wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 11:24:
Yawn. Enough with the tech demos already.

Quit with the empty comments already.

Bought the first for 5 bucks, and tech wise it's pretty impressive. Now to work it into other games....

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2017, 13:22 The Half Elf

New Blues League?

GO CUBS!

*ponders how badly he wants to watch The Defenders*

And the whiskey/bourbon article. I'm fairly "new" to bourbon, but being here in Kentucky, I've had a chance to taste some amazing creations. Sadly I can't remember the names of any of them

News Comments > StellarHub Launches
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2017, 09:51 The Half Elf

Read the Steam reviews. Not looking good.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 16, 2017, 22:32 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 21:39:
ledhead1969 wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 21:04:
I'm glad you all disagree with net neutrality.

"First they came for the Nazis..."

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

News Comments > Agents of Mayhem Released
13. Re: Agents of Mayhem Released Aug 16, 2017, 06:53 The Half Elf

Beamer wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 06:40:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 22:42:
Osc8r wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 21:39:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 20:25:
Osc8r wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 19:32:
Instead of making Saints Row 5 - they make whatever this trash is?

RIP

They don't have the Saints Row IP dumbass.

Uh, it has playable characters from previous saints row games and is built in the same universe.

Then there's this little snippet straight from their official steam page:

What is Agents of Mayhem?

Agents of MAYHEM is the latest open-world, third-person action game from the creators of the Saints Row franchise!

So yeah.

Dumbass.

-edit- Oh, and i think you will find their parent company owns both volition and the saints row ip.

Yes the game is set in the same universe, and yes the Publisher Deep Silver now owns the right to Saints Row IP, it doesn't mean that they are going to put out another game with the same IP. Especially considering SR4 wasn't all that good or sold well.

I mean, there's a lot wrong with your post:

* Yes, Deep Silver owns Saints Row. It also owns Volition. So, therefore, Volition does own the IP, because their parent company does.

* SR4 has an 86% on Metacritic, would imply that it actually was "all that good."

* SR4 sold a million copies in its first week, which would imply it sold fairly well.

Volition doesn't own SHIT. The Publisher Deep Silver does. And you're saying there is a lot wrong in my post?!?
Deep Silver owns Volition, and unless something in the gaming universe changed, if the company that owns you says "make X game" that's what you do.

And a million copies is good for the first week, hell it's even great, but long term it didn't have the staying power of Saints Row 3. And overall received a 75% to 86% metacritic score depending on which system.

10. Re: Agents of Mayhem Released Aug 15, 2017, 22:42 The Half Elf

Osc8r wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 21:39:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 20:25:

RIP

Uh, it has playable characters from previous saints row games and is built in the same universe.

Then there's this little snippet straight from their official steam page:

What is Agents of Mayhem?

Agents of MAYHEM is the latest open-world, third-person action game from the creators of the Saints Row franchise!

So yeah.

Dumbass.

-edit- Oh, and i think you will find their parent company owns both volition and the saints row ip.

Yes the game is set in the same universe, and yes the Publisher Deep Silver now owns the right to Saints Row IP, it doesn't mean that they are going to put out another game with the same IP. Especially considering SR4 wasn't all that good or sold well.

4. Re: Agents of Mayhem Released Aug 15, 2017, 20:25 The Half Elf

RIP

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 15, 2017, 19:13 The Half Elf

YOU ALWAYS TAKE THE CORNERS!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2017, 22:20 The Half Elf

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 13, 2017, 18:15:
All I know is, if I get into a car in 99% of the FPS games that you can get into a car, I'm going to lay on the horn if I feel like it. That shouldn't be a bannable offense. The fact that it is, is a fault of the developer(s) or whomever they chose to run their servers/client list/whatever.

*BEEP BEEP* You're about to get run over by a damned jeep, in a FPS! Classic Battlefield. Apparently it's sacrilege in PUBG.

I don't like people deliberately trolling others, but the horn thing seems extremely minor. Why put the horns in if they are only going to ban 'regular' people to protect 'privileged' streamers? Mind boggling.

So what is happening is, trolls are watching the streamers, and keep joining and leaving games until they are in the same game as the player, then finding a vehicle (which I think is pretty static on the map), going to where the streamer is and laying on the horn. Basically they are virtually stalking the streamer.
The Devs can tell when people are purposely joining and exiting games to find a streamer, and then take action. It's not some random thing.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2017, 15:44 The Half Elf

Make sure to get's nin's van too!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2017, 15:12 The Half Elf

Lawbreakers aka too much gimmick.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch This Week
3. Re: No Man's Sky Patch This Week Aug 11, 2017, 11:07 The Half Elf

RoboNerd wrote on Aug 11, 2017, 10:41:
Downloaded the update this morning on my PS4. Got in the game saw a few of the new additions, then teleported back to my base, stepped out the front door and through the ground into limbo. I think I'll shelve this again until they patch the new update. Annoyed

That was the new portal system right?

Holy shit they have added "limited co-op".

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 11, 2017, 03:14 The Half Elf

Wow...  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2017, 00:28 The Half Elf

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 10, 2017, 16:09:
I've got a Logitech G5 that i've been using for a good 9 years now and it's still going strong and is awesome. I have 2 of them.. best mouse i've ever owned.

[url=]https://www.evertek.com/imageshare/9/300x300/910-000093-R-unit.jpg[/url]

I have the same mouse and love it with 1 exception... the height of the mouse wheel sits quite a bit higher then the last logitech mouse I bought to replace the MX 518 (still have it and use it as a backup if I need to take a mouse to my sisters house, DEATH TO TOUCHPADS!).

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 9, 2017, 17:32 The Half Elf

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 9, 2017, 10:36:
I am done with Intel, sticking with AMD processors for the near future. At least with AMD I don't have to get a new motherboard with every new generation.

Currently running a 1700 with fast memory and it competes with any other Intel processor.

Why are you upgrading every generation of processor and motherboard? Hell I'm still rocking my 5 year old system (just added 8 more gigs of ram to 16, and a 1070 video card)?

As for Intel vs AMD/ATI... what exactly is your system and what "any other Intel processor" are you competing with?

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Plans
21. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Plans Aug 9, 2017, 17:00 The Half Elf

Really Rigs? Sony twisted Sean's arm to flat out lie over and over?

Portals were suppose to be part of the original game? I pretty much sucked up every bit of game before it's launch and never remember portals being shown or even mentioned, if you can provide a link that would be great.

And No Man's Sky still doesn't hold a candle to the X series or Elite: Dangerous.

11263 Comments. 564 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo