Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Denton

Real Name Mr. Denton   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parias
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 8, 2002, 21:48
Total Comments 568 (Apprentice)
User ID 12630

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve on Virtual Reality
5. Re: Valve on Virtual Reality Mar 8, 2016, 23:35 Parias

DangerDog wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 18:42:
It all sounds so exciting until you realize the VR experience is mostly an exercise in how long you can stand having a hot, heavy headset strapped to your head.

The effect of being able to fully immerse into a 3d world is cool but not for the length of time I spend in most games, several hours at a time.

I've played Elite Dangerous with my DK2 for several hours at a stretch and it hasn't really been a problem? Sometimes I'll want to take quick 5 minute breaks when I'm docked at a station or something, but I guess it's the same when I play without VR as well.

I don't understand why people keep thinking this will be such a big issue. Like everything it'll vary from person to person of course, but in my own case I've had no real problems with it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Stops Selling Spintires; Sparks Sabotage Speculation
13. Re: Steam Stops Selling Spintires; Sparks Sabotage Speculation Mar 3, 2016, 13:17 Parias

JoeNapalm wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 10:15:
It's definitely a niche game, but it is very impressive and good looking for what it is.

The fact that it is one guy is pretty amazing. If he really did get screwed, it's kind of tragic.

I have NO IDEA why I enjoy what is basically a mud simulator, but this game is one of the few that stays on my hard drive, long term. I don't play it all the time, but I do come back and play it.

-Jn-

It's been surprisingly fun at LAN parties too. Working together as a team with the various vehicles to complete objectives (and help each other when we get stuck) has been pretty entertaining.

News Comments > HTC Vive Preorders This Morning
11. Re: HTC Vive Preorders This Morning Feb 29, 2016, 12:31 Parias

WaltC wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 11:02:
NKD wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 10:34:
Not really seeing much for me in the Vive. I'm not interested in standing up and walking 3 inches around the cluttered glorified closet my computer sits in so that advantage is kind of void. I'm also not really interested in using some weird controllers for gimmicky games. I just want the head tracking and immersion.

Your neck will quickly tire of head tracking, I'll predict...which will destroy the immersion--such as it will be.

This has never happened in the many hours of playtime I've put into Elite Dangerous with my DK2. The weight difference from having the headset on is negligible for me (and I'm not exactly an obsessive body-builder).

I DO find I need to take a quick break every hour or so to rest my eyes (which works fine with the game because I can check up on news, etc once I'm docked at a station after a long trip), but my neck has never gotten tired.

News Comments > X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo
12. Re: X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo Feb 26, 2016, 02:10 Parias

Vall Forran wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 21:15:
I get that...but it takes you three years to do anything in X-land that is fun.

Disagreed - sort of. My favorite thing to do in the X3 games was to just use the built-in script editor to give myself a bajillion credits from the get-go, and then slowly build up a self-sustaining station / hub complex that could eventually produce weapons, ship parts, and even ships for my needs. Then I'd load a bunch of custom-outfitted fighters into a fleet of capital ships and take over the galaxy, one sector at a time!

Naturally some of the later race war / sector takeover mods made this a lot more entertaining. But yeah, if you skip the initial grind the X games can be tons of fun.

News Comments > Farming Simulator 17 Announced
9. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Announced Feb 22, 2016, 16:03 Parias

Believe it or not, I've actually had a few good LAN parties around Farming Sim 2015. There's some great potential to comedy there, in addition to a surprising amount of satisfaction at growing your resources, selling them off, and expanding your infrastructure to get a bunch of cool new toys.  

News Comments > Bus Simulator 16 Trailer
1. Re: Bus Simulator 16 Trailer Feb 19, 2016, 14:27 Parias

Woa, this has multiplayer! Sounds like I've got my weekend LAN party all figured out...  

News Comments > More SEGA Freebies
5. Re: More SEGA Freebies Feb 18, 2016, 23:19 Parias

nin wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 20:23:
Drayth wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 19:02:
Oooh, free Condemned....

I heard Binary Domain wasn't great per se, but for free I'll take it...

I don't know, I found Binary Domain to be a lot of fun. The action was decent and the storyline was fairly entertaining. It's worth giving a try.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight OS X & Linux Cancelled
7. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight OS X & Linux Cancelled Feb 4, 2016, 10:58 Parias

Different story for me - I really enjoyed the Batmobile stuff and actually thought AK was a lot of fun now that they've fixed it. A real shame this game had such a shitty initial release because it deserved better.  

News Comments > AMD Crimson & NVIDIA GeForce Hotfixes
9. Re: AMD Crimson & NVIDIA GeForce Hotfixes Feb 3, 2016, 13:02 Parias

DarkCntry wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 12:44:
Parias wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 12:22:
KilrathiAce wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 12:13:
Too bad tomb raider is interactive dumb down movie and not a real game.

What's wrong with it exactly? I haven't played the new one yet, but the last one was a pretty fun experience. It had a couple of issues, but I rather enjoyed the gunplay and thought the storyline wasn't too bad. Even the exploration was fun (though I wish there had been a bit more of it).

Nothing is wrong with it, it's really iterative over the previous one, so if you liked it you should enjoy this one for similar reasons. There are a lot of cut-scenes, but nowhere near MGS4 level stuff.

Fair enough, thanks! I'll be looking forward to playing it then.

News Comments > AMD Crimson & NVIDIA GeForce Hotfixes
6. Re: AMD Crimson & NVIDIA GeForce Hotfixes Feb 3, 2016, 12:22 Parias

KilrathiAce wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 12:13:
Too bad tomb raider is interactive dumb down movie and not a real game.

What's wrong with it exactly? I haven't played the new one yet, but the last one was a pretty fun experience. It had a couple of issues, but I rather enjoyed the gunplay and thought the storyline wasn't too bad. Even the exploration was fun (though I wish there had been a bit more of it).

News Comments > Nordic Games Acquires Imperium Galactica & More IPs
5. Re: Nordic Games Acquires Imperium Galactica & More IPs Feb 2, 2016, 15:25 Parias

Rilcon wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 15:15:
IG2 is still one of the most fun X4 games I've ever played; if they manage to just fix compatibility, some of the bugs and the horrid memory leak / degradation in long games, I'd buy it in a second.

Seriously. We dedicated entire LAN parties to it back in the day and it was a ton of fun!

News Comments > Nordic Games Acquires Imperium Galactica & More IPs
1. Re: Nordic Games Acquires Imperium Galactica & More IPs Feb 2, 2016, 11:38 Parias

Huh. I wonder what'll become of Imperium Galactica? What was originally going to be Imperium Galactica 3 eventually turned into Nexus: The Jupiter Incident, which in itself was still a really cool game but was stripped of the 4x elements the game was originally going to have and was a more linear mission-driven experience.

Wonder if we'll see anything new in the franchise now? I'm probably being too optimistic though as it sounds like they're just going to maintain the IPs for now, but maybe down the road...

News Comments > The Witness Motions Sickness Patch
10. Re: The Witness Motions Sickness Patch Feb 1, 2016, 18:58 Parias

Overon wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 17:08:
So view bob, developers still do that? Why?

I've found in games that do it well, it provides a more convincing way of conveying first person movement and adds a sense of weight and inertia to your character. I prefer having it because it makes games more immersive for me.

I get it's not for everyone though and can lead to genuine cases of motion sickness for some, which is why it should be made optional.

6. Re: The Witness Motions Sickness Patch Feb 1, 2016, 13:44 Parias

Kxmode wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 13:19:
Task wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 10:43:
I wish Tomb Raider 2013 had included a way to disable the camera bob. It is extremely annoying when they add that to games, let alone movies. Keep the camera still, seriously.

My reaction to that was, "Why is the camera moving?! This is a video game, not a film. They should fire the person who did that. It's a bug."

Wasn't that technically a cutscene though? Techniques you'd normally apply to films make perfect sense to use there, to me.

News Comments > The Division Beta Extended
6. Re: The Division Beta Extended Feb 1, 2016, 12:27 Parias

How's the storyline so far? If nothing else, this sounds like it might be a fun game to romp through with a friend co-operatively, so long as it has a decent plot. I don't know if there's really any focus on storyline missions though or if it's just a bunch of random grindy quests?  

4. Re: The Witness Motions Sickness Patch Feb 1, 2016, 11:45 Parias

Is view bob completely disabled now, or just optionally turned off? I'm one of the few who doesn't suffer from motion sickness in games and prefers having head-bob to the "floating camera on a stick" kind of feel. Good on them for addressing the problem a ton of people have, I just hope it was made an option for those of us who enjoy having it on.  

News Comments > FNaF World Creator Apologizes for Rushed Release
11. Re: FNaF World Creator Apologizes for Rushed Release Jan 25, 2016, 19:18 Parias

Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 15:45:
That's necessary, not generous.

Even releasing the game for free afterwards?

News Comments > FNaF World Creator Apologizes for Rushed Release
5. Re: FNaF World Creator Apologizes for Rushed Release Jan 25, 2016, 14:07 Parias

Eirikrautha wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 10:55:
This game is an unfinished cash-grab.

If it is, then he's doing a bad job at it.

For that reason, I've decided to remove the game from Steam. I've also asked Valve to make it so that the game can be refunded regardless of the amount of the time it has been owned, meaning that anyone can get a refund at any time. It may take them a while to set that up, but it will be in place soon.

When I'm ready to update the game, I will replace the demo currently on GameJolt with the full game. From this point forward, the game will always be free.

Oh yeah. Total cash grab.

News Comments > Life is Strange Adds Free Commentary DLC
2. Re: Life is Strange Adds Free Commentary DLC Jan 20, 2016, 21:47 Parias

Agreed - really enjoyed this game.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
30. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 20, 2016, 17:36 Parias

Quboid wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 17:32:
Drayth, do you have a source for the video in your first claim?

NKD wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 17:17:
Anyone who pretends to know what Kojima's thinking and intentions are is delusional. Kojima is a weird motherfucker and no one knows what makes him tick.

Do you think Quiet's attire and actions such as in that "dat ass" clip I linked to were designed to appeal to lustful heterosexual males?

I always preferred Ocelot myself.

568 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo