Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Denton

Real Name Mr. Denton   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Parias
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 8, 2002, 21:48
Total Comments 560 (Apprentice)
User ID 12630

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > AMD Crimson & NVIDIA GeForce Hotfixes
9. Re: AMD Crimson & NVIDIA GeForce Hotfixes Feb 3, 2016, 13:02 Parias

DarkCntry wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 12:44:
Parias wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 12:22:
KilrathiAce wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 12:13:
Too bad tomb raider is interactive dumb down movie and not a real game.

What's wrong with it exactly? I haven't played the new one yet, but the last one was a pretty fun experience. It had a couple of issues, but I rather enjoyed the gunplay and thought the storyline wasn't too bad. Even the exploration was fun (though I wish there had been a bit more of it).

Nothing is wrong with it, it's really iterative over the previous one, so if you liked it you should enjoy this one for similar reasons. There are a lot of cut-scenes, but nowhere near MGS4 level stuff.

Fair enough, thanks! I'll be looking forward to playing it then.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > AMD Crimson & NVIDIA GeForce Hotfixes
6. Re: AMD Crimson & NVIDIA GeForce Hotfixes Feb 3, 2016, 12:22 Parias

KilrathiAce wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 12:13:
Too bad tomb raider is interactive dumb down movie and not a real game.

What's wrong with it exactly? I haven't played the new one yet, but the last one was a pretty fun experience. It had a couple of issues, but I rather enjoyed the gunplay and thought the storyline wasn't too bad. Even the exploration was fun (though I wish there had been a bit more of it).

News Comments > Nordic Games Acquires Imperium Galactica & More IPs
5. Re: Nordic Games Acquires Imperium Galactica & More IPs Feb 2, 2016, 15:25 Parias

Rilcon wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 15:15:
IG2 is still one of the most fun X4 games I've ever played; if they manage to just fix compatibility, some of the bugs and the horrid memory leak / degradation in long games, I'd buy it in a second.

Seriously. We dedicated entire LAN parties to it back in the day and it was a ton of fun!

News Comments > Nordic Games Acquires Imperium Galactica & More IPs
1. Re: Nordic Games Acquires Imperium Galactica & More IPs Feb 2, 2016, 11:38 Parias

Huh. I wonder what'll become of Imperium Galactica? What was originally going to be Imperium Galactica 3 eventually turned into Nexus: The Jupiter Incident, which in itself was still a really cool game but was stripped of the 4x elements the game was originally going to have and was a more linear mission-driven experience.

Wonder if we'll see anything new in the franchise now? I'm probably being too optimistic though as it sounds like they're just going to maintain the IPs for now, but maybe down the road...

News Comments > The Witness Motions Sickness Patch
10. Re: The Witness Motions Sickness Patch Feb 1, 2016, 18:58 Parias

Overon wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 17:08:
So view bob, developers still do that? Why?

I've found in games that do it well, it provides a more convincing way of conveying first person movement and adds a sense of weight and inertia to your character. I prefer having it because it makes games more immersive for me.

I get it's not for everyone though and can lead to genuine cases of motion sickness for some, which is why it should be made optional.

6. Re: The Witness Motions Sickness Patch Feb 1, 2016, 13:44 Parias

Kxmode wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 13:19:
Task wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 10:43:
I wish Tomb Raider 2013 had included a way to disable the camera bob. It is extremely annoying when they add that to games, let alone movies. Keep the camera still, seriously.

My reaction to that was, "Why is the camera moving?! This is a video game, not a film. They should fire the person who did that. It's a bug."

Wasn't that technically a cutscene though? Techniques you'd normally apply to films make perfect sense to use there, to me.

News Comments > The Division Beta Extended
6. Re: The Division Beta Extended Feb 1, 2016, 12:27 Parias

How's the storyline so far? If nothing else, this sounds like it might be a fun game to romp through with a friend co-operatively, so long as it has a decent plot. I don't know if there's really any focus on storyline missions though or if it's just a bunch of random grindy quests?  

4. Re: The Witness Motions Sickness Patch Feb 1, 2016, 11:45 Parias

Is view bob completely disabled now, or just optionally turned off? I'm one of the few who doesn't suffer from motion sickness in games and prefers having head-bob to the "floating camera on a stick" kind of feel. Good on them for addressing the problem a ton of people have, I just hope it was made an option for those of us who enjoy having it on.  

News Comments > FNaF World Creator Apologizes for Rushed Release
11. Re: FNaF World Creator Apologizes for Rushed Release Jan 25, 2016, 19:18 Parias

Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 15:45:
That's necessary, not generous.

Even releasing the game for free afterwards?

News Comments > FNaF World Creator Apologizes for Rushed Release
5. Re: FNaF World Creator Apologizes for Rushed Release Jan 25, 2016, 14:07 Parias

Eirikrautha wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 10:55:
This game is an unfinished cash-grab.

If it is, then he's doing a bad job at it.

For that reason, I've decided to remove the game from Steam. I've also asked Valve to make it so that the game can be refunded regardless of the amount of the time it has been owned, meaning that anyone can get a refund at any time. It may take them a while to set that up, but it will be in place soon.

When I'm ready to update the game, I will replace the demo currently on GameJolt with the full game. From this point forward, the game will always be free.

Oh yeah. Total cash grab.

News Comments > Life is Strange Adds Free Commentary DLC
2. Re: Life is Strange Adds Free Commentary DLC Jan 20, 2016, 21:47 Parias

Agreed - really enjoyed this game.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
30. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 20, 2016, 17:36 Parias

Quboid wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 17:32:
Drayth, do you have a source for the video in your first claim?

NKD wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 17:17:
Anyone who pretends to know what Kojima's thinking and intentions are is delusional. Kojima is a weird motherfucker and no one knows what makes him tick.

Do you think Quiet's attire and actions such as in that "dat ass" clip I linked to were designed to appeal to lustful heterosexual males?

I always preferred Ocelot myself.

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
11. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Jan 15, 2016, 14:55 Parias

Kxmode wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 11:46:
"Oh look. More new ships." I'm shocked...

Yeah, pretty cool that they're actually building a lot of the ships they announced and making them flyable now.

This build definitely seems improved in terms of stability, framerate, and playability. I'm still seeing the odd crash (and matchmaking with a party is still terrible), but overall it's quite improved.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Sky Fortress DLC Revealed
2. Re: Just Cause 3 Sky Fortress DLC Revealed Jan 6, 2016, 11:17 Parias

God, I would love co-op with this game. Worked so well in Saints Row and I can only imagine how hilarious it would be here.  

News Comments > ReCore for Windows 10 Revealed
1. Re: ReCore for Windows 10 Revealed Jan 4, 2016, 19:10 Parias

Neat concept - and if it's coming from the Metroid Prime guys I'm totally interested. Will be watching this.

Although boo if it turns out to be a Windows 10 exclusive.

News Comments > Descent Royalty Dispute
10. Re: Descent Royalty Dispute Dec 30, 2015, 16:32 Parias

Kevin Lowe wrote on Dec 30, 2015, 15:13:
verybad1 wrote on Dec 30, 2015, 14:14:
Uhh, Descent had it's day, but is there seriously ANY purpose for having a concern about money from those old games now? I can't imagine playing them now myself, they're just TOO effing old...
Why not? It's practically free money. There are plenty of people who still love old games, myself included, and will pay a token sum for someone to slickly package them up for modern PCs.

Same here. I still have a ton of old games I love playing to this day, but it's getting harder and hard to do so due to compatibility issues. I'm a big fan of any effort to make classic games playable again and don't mind throwing a few dollars at them when needed.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 29, 2015, 17:30 Parias

Angrius Maximis wrote on Dec 29, 2015, 16:25:
They couldnt fund Psychonauts 2 because no one gives a shit about Psychonauts 2. Instead now they scraped the money up and will force it down our throats

Why not? I thought the original was a pretty fun game I'd be glad to see a sequel.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VI
8. Re: Steamship Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VI Dec 17, 2015, 02:10 Parias

Kajetan wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 18:31:
Brumbek wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 17:22:
Those horrible mobile sprite graphics are an abomination.
Has nothing to do with "mobile". There are several in-depth analysis on what went wrong.

Here's one:
http://www.fortressofdoors.com/doing-an-hd-remake-the-right-way-ffvi-edition/

That was actually pretty informative. Thanks.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.0
27. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 Dec 12, 2015, 00:44 Parias

Vall Forran wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 00:28:
Also, track IR doesn't seem to work anymore. That makes me sad.

Proper TrackIR support is planned (the stuff they had previously was just a hack). Once they get the game stable they'll probably look at getting it back in. For now, people have been using apps like FreePIE (I think) as a workaround.

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2015, 02:56.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.0
22. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 Dec 12, 2015, 00:00 Parias

Flatline wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 23:55:
While I need to install this and give it a go to see how it plays, and can't tell if it's fun or not yet, I did say I'd stand corrected and admit I was wrong if they pulled off the tech, and it looks like they're pulling off the tech.

So yes, mea culpa, I was mistaken about many of the things I said.

No, you're doing it wrong! You're supposed to rant endlessly about how this game is IMPOSSIBLE and a SCAM and will NEVER EVER get made, and RANDOMLY CAPITALIZE key words to DRIVE your points home!

560 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo