Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Chuckz

Real Name Chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 21, 2002, 21:55
Total Comments 22 (Suspect)
User ID 12525

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. No subject Aug 27, 2003, 22:18 Acleacius

Appoligies if I didnt get my oppinion out without sounding like an @ss. I was hoping smiley faces would prevent seriousness, owell

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. No subject Aug 11, 2003, 12:58 Acleacius

Yes they definalty got that wrong, in Gothic 2 there are 3 Guilds to choose from Mage, Milita (Paladin) and Mercenary (Dragon Hunter), plus all 3 can be a part of the Thieves, which is a supplement to the other guilds.
This game could easily be a 9 or 9.5 game if they would just at least give the option to use a crosshair, turn off the auto aim and view shifting.
Yeah, I have never like forced regestration and wont join if they force you.

2. No subject Aug 8, 2003, 13:26 Acleacius

I got Gothic2(RPG) and Chaser(Shooter) from a friend in Europe a couple of weeks ago. Its true they both have bugs and flaws, but I have been able to EASILY forgive these, the creativity and potential in these games is very evident.
The PC game insdustry has suk'd for the last 2 years cause MS has thrown money at anyone who would make a Xbox game, consiquently have highjack PC game Dev's to justify Xbox. Now 2 games come out, from very small developement houses (one in Slovienia(sp)has seen really bad times) in 2 different genders RPG and Shooter.
If you are easily put of by bugs, then at the VERY LEAST, remember these games they will be patched, as a matter of fact, Chaser first patch has been released, which doesnt look like the reviewers used.
If you like me STARVED for PC games and try to realize who and where these games are from. They are both published by JoWood which is getting us very enjoyable games to play for $40, not the US r@pe of$50 a game. They are not as polished as first tier games but then they dont come from the MACHINE either
They are like watching Independent Films (thats what these are Independent Games) very high quality for the budget, both have a lot of new twist for games, great graphics and series stories with great potential.

6. No subject Aug 8, 2003, 01:18 Acleacius

Im not sure what the guy reviewing Chaser was smoking but, "an average engine not special" or something like that, this game look better than anything the Quake engine has ever put out todate and can do huge (no bigger than huge, I mean really really big);) levels and the level design was amazing. I am usually very orientated in a games, probably cause I move slower and just really look at things instead of just running thru, but they use misdirection as an art form here. They route you over, under, back and beside with guided presision, there is only one path (there is a secret to it but wont spoil it), they go against the standard mase patterns stratigies here, you will get lost
This is a FPS which you could easily spend 30 hours on, it very value based price is about $40, with a really fun mulitpalyer. You are talking about a $1 an hour of game play here, that is pretty unpresidented, now days and wiht any US game.
Very creative story with flashbacks, thou they fade(regretably) after about 1/3 of the way in the game till the end, which is very stange.
This game comes from Slovinia(sp) and is thier first game, I think, at Cauldron, from a country that has really struggled with bad times, this is quite a remarkable accomplishment(imho), Gratz Cauldron.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. No subject Aug 4, 2003, 17:25 Acleacius

If a food has to be cooked to be safe then its not worth the risk

Next time go next door to the Sushi place and just order some peanuts on the side

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 17:26.

15. No subject Aug 4, 2003, 14:01 Acleacius

Hey you might want to ask this resturat if they use MSG, while sold and used as a seasoning, it is quite toxic to many people not to mention not good for any one bordering on high blood pressure.
With all the problems peeps have any thing above the $4 all you can eat varitey chinese resturant willing complies, even with out having to make up a phony health problem to get them to comply

Edit I cant spell well and dont know how to use spell check on a web post

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 14:45.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Delayed
119. No subject Jul 30, 2003, 16:03 Acleacius

You forgot to add Chaser to the list its out in like 2 weeks. The I enjoyed the demo's an amazing first attempt at a game from a counrty that has have difficult times Slovinia (sp). Increditable graphics looks like cool story (ala Total Recall) nice twist for FPS.

Hope this doesnt get as bad a the death hoax at the Rune forum.

News Comments > Tomb Raider Shake-up
11. No subject Jul 30, 2003, 15:50 Acleacius

I feel worst for Eidos, they actually seem genuine in trying to produce good games. They cleaned up the IonStorm mess in Dallas , they can clean out Core. Core had it coming they focus more on making big boobs and there bouning effect, when they have the perfect vehicle to give girls a good rolemodel to identifiy with. Reduce the breast size down to and average 34 and you got potincial for smart female Indiana Joes type lead charater.

12. No subject Jul 30, 2003, 12:28 Acleacius

The Orginal System Shock wont and many people have problems with System Shoch 2, thou many can get SS2 to run under XP.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Delayed
16. No subject Jul 29, 2003, 20:25 Acleacius

Nvidia must think they have a fix for the anomilies and then need more time to rig there newest drvivers to not filter as much so fps will be faster for HL/2

News Comments > etc.
7. No subject Jul 29, 2003, 15:15 Acleacius

Yup sounds like some movie exec, is trying to cover his private parts, do we hear a swooshing sound, Oweeeee, thats gotta hurt.
Umm humm sure its was the games fault mr unic movie exec

News Comments > etc.
29. No subject Jul 29, 2003, 00:02 Acleacius

Yeah well I care, just even at a basic human compasion level, if you say you dont or supress your feelings and cant ok fine. You also might want to consider not reading something that clearly says someone died if you have this state of mind. Also you are asking Blue to change based on your lack of feelings or caring, why would you impose your morality on others, doesnt sound that fair, does it?

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 00:04.

News Comments > etc.
26. No subject Jul 28, 2003, 16:02 Acleacius

Thanks Ratboy for all the work
Looks like you guys were right it was a hoax, sad.
The thread tile on Runegame now reads "read the hoax"
I wish my friend Tammmys death was a hoax, O well.

News Comments > etc.
16. No subject Jul 27, 2003, 23:46 Acleacius

Very compelling information, I can only hope you guys are right she just needed attention.

Thou I am playing it safe tonight, I have already had a German guy say I was insualting he was a Naz.., that was a stinger
I would never do that, he was caught off guard, got mad and spuuuueddd that on to the thread, quite shocking, fortunatly there were several other Germans on the thread who said he was full of it and way out of line.

News Comments > etc.
8. No subject Jul 27, 2003, 20:11 Acleacius

Was some pretty sad stuff

Its amazing some of you are so jaded (probably rightly so ) about the BS on the net, that even when something very proably real happens you have to make up stuff so you dont have to believe. If you didnt have family wouldnt your friends get your puter? And the best clue is how does she know the passwords or there has been a hoax before?
Denial is a powerful thing?

Anyway thanks Blue, for keeping us informed about all aspects of our gaming world, thou the news is sad, you Rulz

I had a online friend, in the Unreal community whom died about 2 years now I think she was driving back from a ski trip with her boyfriend when her jeep skided of the road and killed her

Her boyfriend survied, she was also young (18) and very beautiful, her online name was Tammy-Why-Not

10. No subject Jul 10, 2003, 11:16 Acleacius

Real trees, rocks and plants that seem to have shape of human genitiala. Hope that decribtion isnt to explict for your work

Is the Sludge Report a spoof site like Onion or is this no joke ?

News Comments > Star Trek Game Lawsuit
17. No subject Jul 1, 2003, 14:29 Acleacius

Thats PURE SUCKAGE, please make more Star Trek series and moives , so we can use your ideas, cause we cant think of them ourselves, cause we sux0rs and so we want to steal your ideas.

News Comments > Ritual Departures
23. Re: No subject Jun 14, 2003, 17:36 Acleacius

That is funny, the gaming industry is the last growing sector any where. While most every business in the world slows down, the gaming industry is keeping the economies of the world growing.
The last game Ritual made that was 80% bug free and lasted more than 5 hours was Duke Nukem 3d. Maybe that has something to do with it, you think ?

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 17:45.

News Comments > Elite Force II Gold
8. No subject Jun 11, 2003, 14:05 Acleacius

Well if you remmeber Elite Force was one of the shortest games in history, many people complained about this with Raven and even thou it was decision above Raven's head they actually went public and defended the shortness of the game, to no avail of course ;P.

Then take in to account that Ritual was the first to churn out the shortest game in history (imho)HFFakk and charge like $49 (if I remember correctly) not to mention the all the bugs and lacking multiplayer at first, which seems to be standard issue with Ritual. Feature Creep, Delay, Ship unfinished, BUGS get funding rolling in and then actually finish the game. There couldnt have been a worst message to than shipping Sin unfinished and then gamers defending there actions, because nodays it made it ok for companies to ship, unfinished and bugged, thanks to the way Sin played out.

If you add these to up your gonna have a game about 5 hours long, then you wont be saying how cheap it is

I hope im wrong, but Ritual has caused more harm to PC games than most people are willing to admit, im not saying the individual members dont have talent, maybe its the opposite they are so talented that they get carried away.

Good Luck spending your money on this, ill pass

News Comments > Y-Project Dead
16. Re: While I didnt know about this game Oct 1, 2002, 18:31 Acleacius

Haha you crack me up, you logic and argument relativity is
astounding, how can anyone argue with your magnificence.

Do people you know actually buy this stuff?

No you are wrong, ROTFLMAO

Acleacius

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 18:33.

22 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo