Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Bob Christopher

Real Name Bob Christopher   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname rjdriver
Email rjdriver@aol.com
Description
Homepage http://www.bullseyecrosshairs.com
Signed On Oct 29, 1999, 03:25
Total Comments 35 (Suspect)
User ID 1248

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Beyond Good and Evil 2 Videos
19. Re: Beyond Good and Evil 2 Videos Dec 12, 2018, 16:24 rjdriver

Red886 wrote on Dec 12, 2018, 10:49:
ccop means no strong SP set scenes ala Bioshock / HL2 / Rise of the Tomb Raider / Mass Effect 1-2-3 etc ( as an example) , so adding in coop is a huge loss

We'll have to see how they handle it. If they control how far apart coop players can get from each other. they can still steer them back together for an occasional such event. But based on how Ubi used those mandatory "get caught by the enemy no matter what you do" set scenes in Far Cry 5, I can certainly live without them.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Beyond Good and Evil 2 Videos Dec 11, 2018, 15:26 rjdriver

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 11, 2018, 14:28:
rjdriver wrote on Dec 11, 2018, 06:34:
I prefer a single player story based RPG/Adventure/Action/Shooter combination, and it's troubling to see two of the major AAA game companies that used to strongly support that genre, Ubisoft and Bethesda, appear to be moving more towards MMOs.

You are slippery sloping this, coop!=MMO. UBI has a number of coop games now that have the same story as the single player if you choose to play either way. That is how I assume BG&E 2 will work as well, the only thing that should change with more players is AI difficulty. Many people have now figured out for a good spell you can have a same story and coop.

OK. I watched the recorded live feed and browsed a little more at the web site. Yes, the word "online" in the video *did* set me off, and I overreracted a bit. Glad I was wrong. It is first and foremost single player, with the option for coop. The world (solar system) looks like it will be huge, exploration should be fun (love the jet pack!), and I am back on board.

Combat still looks a little clunky so I hope they can make that more fluid. Can't imagine what kind of rig will be needed to play this with the no loading transitions from indoor to outdoor to outer space, but I'm due for an upgrade anyway. The indoor gameplay shown in the live feed gave me a little Kingdoms of Amalur deja vu, and that's not a bad thing. I can see this game being easily 100 hours plus long. Can't wait to see more.

9. Re: Beyond Good and Evil 2 Videos Dec 11, 2018, 06:34 rjdriver

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 10, 2018, 22:43:
rjdriver wrote on Dec 10, 2018, 22:06:
They lost me, and my money, at "online game". Was so looking forward to this. Now it may end up in the trash heap with Fallout 76.

If you're gonna shy away from anything with online features, you're gonna miss about 90% of new games these days.

Yes, indeed, and I wish it weren't that way. Had my share of online multiplayer years ago. From the Dooms, and Quakes through the Unreals. Clans, Deathmatch. Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag... and it was all good fun. But except for an occassional match with a family member on my network, I'm just not feeling it anymore.

I prefer a single player story based RPG/Adventure/Action/Shooter combination, and it's troubling to see two of the major AAA game companies that used to strongly support that genre, Ubisoft and Bethesda, appear to be moving more towards MMOs.

4. Re: Beyond Good and Evil 2 Videos Dec 10, 2018, 22:06 rjdriver

They lost me, and my money, at "online game". Was so looking forward to this. Now it may end up in the trash heap with Fallout 76.  

News Comments > John Romero Is Going to Make You His Wad
21. Re: John Romero Is Going to Make You His Wad Dec 10, 2018, 18:03 rjdriver

I have my ZDoom geared up and ready to see if The Romero still has it. While the newer versions have different ways of scaring, the classic Dooms have a fascination the modern ones never seemed to capture.  

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Nov 29, 2017, 05:40 rjdriver

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 20:23:
Well, if this fucks multiplayer gaming into the ground then I can not wait for it. Bring it on!
Bring back the glory days of single player games w/o microtransactions, loot boxes and all that retarded shit.
Let's have deep gameplay, reasonably well written plots, interesting characters, great worlds to explore that are more than farming grounds and let us go back to generally more rich gaming experiences with a beginning and an end instead of open world, open end, open wallet bull-fucking-shit. Tyvm.

I have no desire to see online multiplayer gaming go down in flames, although I haven't played it since a capture the flag match in Quake 3 years ago. The pay to cheat parts that have arisen in the past few years should definitely die a quick death. The fiasco with Battlefront II has brought this nastiness into view on a world wide basis and it will be interesting to see how it shakes out. Some countries are already considering banning the practice if it falls under their gambling laws.

But I agree with your sentiments about story driven single player games. We need more of them. So i just wanted to pass this on for those unaware of it. There is a Total Conversion for Skyrim (classic 32 bit version only) called Enderal that I would consider one of the best story driven RPGs out there in the last 10 years. And it's free. They are even working on a DLC, which will also be free.

Check it out here: www.enderal.com

As for Net Neutrality, the FCC will probably gut it no matter how many petitions you sign. But there is a significant group in Congress that wants to keep it, and will probably pass legislation to bring it back if the FCC does do away with it. So its your reps in congress you should be contacting.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 30, 2016, 22:37 rjdriver

nin wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 13:54:
No skyrim presales bump. I guess it really is true everyone owned 5 copies each.

Better off to play the free Skyrim TC, Enderal.

News Comments > Bethesda Holding Back Review Copies
29. Re: Bethesda Holding Back Review Copies Oct 26, 2016, 07:41 rjdriver

Many review sites tear through games in record time, so there will be something to read a few days after release. This will make it a little tougher for magazines, like PC Gamer, to be up to date in their published reviews, but for the average gamer, I don't think it's a big loss.

I stopped pre-ordering games when they stopped giving you something for it. I still have that Deus Ex T-shirt that came in the empty pre-order box at Best Buy :-)

News Comments > Beyond Good and Evil Sequel Confirmed
14. Re: Beyond Good and Evil Sequel Confirmed Oct 6, 2016, 18:55 rjdriver

Note to Ubi: Don't name it Beyond Good & Evil 2 if you don't want it to tank financially like the first game. (BG&E2 can be the subtitle). And pleeeeease - none of those horrendous reverse control boss fights.. Oh and use the Far Cry engine and do it in first person, with a third person option available.  

News Comments > DOOM: Unto the Evil Released
15. Re: DOOM: Unto the Evil Released Aug 5, 2016, 16:43 rjdriver

deqer wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 10:42:
What? Why is this being called an expansion? Ugh...

That may have been Blue's choice of words, rather than Bethesda's.

Of course, their phrase "DOOM’s first premium DLC" is also a bit flowery for 3 maps with a few new items added.

News Comments > DOOM: Unto the Evil Released
12. Re: DOOM: Unto the Evil Released Aug 5, 2016, 07:43 rjdriver

Wow. $15.00 for 3 multiplayer maps? How times have changed.  

News Comments > Free Shipping to Compensate for Oculus Rift Delays
13. Re: Free Shipping to Compensate for Oculus Rift Delays Apr 3, 2016, 07:23 rjdriver

Don't throw out the packaging. You'll need it in a a few months when you return or resell.  

News Comments > DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer
4. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 9, 2016, 21:44 rjdriver

Unreal Tournament - Quake 3 combo. Not that that's a bad thing, but haven't we done this before? Ok - it's been a while. Time for a new generation to enjoy it.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump
5. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 16, 2016, 18:04 rjdriver

Hmmm...and for those who already purchased a season pass at the old price......?  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
10. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Oct 25, 2014, 06:19 rjdriver

Looks very intriguing. Wish they offered a first person view option.  

News Comments > New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players
24. Re: New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players Aug 28, 2014, 14:35 rjdriver

The timer is nice. Everything else is BS. But the Global Ammo thing is the absolute worst. They are taking a key strategy element and eliminating. I'll stick to private servers and LAN games, thank you.  

News Comments > Homefront Preorders Soar, Studio May Move Anyway
13. Re: Homefront Preorders Soar, Studio May Move Anyway Mar 3, 2011, 12:50 rjdriver

Whatever happened to the idea of giving a discount of some kind for pre-orders? The last game I pre-ordered was Deus Ex. Best Buy had the boxes on the shelf two months before the release with no game inside. Instead there was a black t-shirt in it with the Deus ex logo and cover photo on it. It was full price, but you got the t-shirt.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
19. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 31, 2010, 13:05 rjdriver

Re: Underworld Evolution on You Tube.

Great movie, and nice to see it on YT, that is if you want to watch it with commercials and the CRACKLE logo on the screen from beginning to end.

News Comments > PC Player Dominance Killed Cross-Platform Gaming?
39. Re: PC Player Dominance Killed Cross-Platform Gaming? Jul 22, 2010, 19:39 rjdriver

Good Grief Gates!. Make the 360 truely mouse and keyboard compatible, build and sell these accessories, make sure game companies offer configs for pad, and KB & Mouse, and end all the excuses and crippled games.  

News Comments > MW2 Stimulus Package Details
17. Re: MW2 Stimulus Package Details Mar 15, 2010, 06:34 rjdriver

Hhmmm.....Must be living the past - I just can't read the abbreviation MW2 and not think Mech Warrior for a second or two until I come to my Modern Warfare senses.

Time flies, eh?

35 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo