Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LarryLaffer

Real Name LarryLaffer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2002, 22:42
Total Comments 166 (Novice)
User ID 12233

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 10:44 LarryLaffer

Personally I don't give a flying fuck which console outsells the other. I don't make my purchasing decisions based on what other people buy. I own a PS3 because I like certain games on it, I own an XBox 360 because I like certain games on it, I own an Xbox One because I like certain games on it, and will own a PS4 in the future when the right game hits that I have to have. Oh yeah and I also have a gaming computer for games that the consoles don't have.

I hope both consoles are successful, which they will be; I wish the Wii-U was more successful. They both bring something a little different to the table and create a competitive atmosphere.

Laffman.......

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SOE Considering Unified Subscriptions
3. Re: SOE Considering Unified Subscriptions Jan 7, 2014, 12:35 LarryLaffer

I believe it was 24.99. Which isn't too bad if you play more than one of these games but all I ever played was EQ until EQ2 came out then I switched over and never went back.

Laffman

News Comments > New Year's Eve Consolidation
9. Re: New Year's Eve Consolidation Dec 31, 2013, 15:16 LarryLaffer

Xbox games do not become unplayable if you let your live subscription end. But like others have said, why would either a PS gamer or Xbox gamer let their subscriptions lapse? Both services are awesome in their own regards.

--Laffman

23. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 14, 2013, 17:04 LarryLaffer

NIN, I was unsuccessful at buying an XBOX-one at Costco, they were indeed all sold out. But wife talked me into stopping by gamestop on the way home and low and behind they had a couple in stock so I am now a proud owner of XBOX-One. Now if only I can get the wife to let me open it before Christmas!

Thanks NIN, without you this would not have happened.

Laffman

20. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 13, 2013, 10:08 LarryLaffer

I know what I'm doing after work again. I really, really want one. I'm going to thank you in advance. I hope their website isn't lieing.

Laffman

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 13, 2013, 09:57 LarryLaffer

NIN, where are you at that they are still in stock? I'm in the Omaha area and I can't find one for the life of me.

Laffman

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 13, 2013, 09:52 LarryLaffer

NIN, you tricked me! I made the trip all the way to Costco here with a friend who has a membership and they were sold out. That is an hour of driving with anticipation I'll never get back. Oh well, I had nothing going on last night anyway.

Laffman

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 12, 2013, 19:52 LarryLaffer

I'm going to be buying 4 or 5 Xbox-ones whenever I can get my hands on them. Still keeping my 5 Xbox 360's for backwards compatibility (what a pain in the ass that is). Might be able to get rid of my PS3 though since I only use it for a Blu-ray player.

I figure with stock being out everywhere it will end up being summer before I finally get them though. Hopefully just in time for Elder Scrolls online.

Laffman

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Rocksmith 2014 Edition
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rocksmith 2014 Edition Oct 23, 2013, 12:01 LarryLaffer

No, Rock Band licensing was also 10$ per game. I imported RB1, RB2, Green day Rock band, and the country packs over to Rock Band 3 at 10$ a pop.

Harmonix screwed up with the first one though, because you were able to just import the songs using the disc for RB1. Which meant people were borrowing it from their friends and importing the songs for 10$ instead of having to buy the game new. They lost out on a lot of sales because of that.

Laffman

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 30, 2013, 08:29 LarryLaffer

I always wished I could compare the voice quality of my Xbox 360 vs. my PS3. But since none of my friends own a PS3....or if they do they never turn it on, kinda like me.  

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 28, 2013, 20:51 LarryLaffer

I was thinking about holding off, but more and more I think I'm going to make an Xbox One purchase first day. Of all the systems I have, even counting PC, my xbox has given me the most entertainment in the last 6 years.  

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 8, 2013, 19:28 LarryLaffer

I'm one of those morons who will probably buy multiple Xbox-1's. I mean I bought five Xbox-360's this generation as well as one PS3 (that has hardly been touched)and one Wii.

I love every single thing I hear about the Xbox-One.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
16. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 15, 2013, 23:27 LarryLaffer

See I see it as Microsoft's way of thinking is actually forward thinking. If one of my 10 friends buys a game and I want to play it I can. Even if I'm a thousand miles a way. At least that is how I'm reading it. I just go into his game library select it and wait a few minutes for my fast internet connection to download it and play.

Of course we can't both play it at the same time, but that still seems freaking cool as shit.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
13. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 15, 2013, 20:15 LarryLaffer

The more I read about the Xbox-One the more I want one.  

News Comments > Leisure Suit Larry Revival
30. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 22:50 LarryLaffer

As you can imagine I'm very excited about this.

Laffman...........

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 11, 2011, 22:49 LarryLaffer

Anybody who wanted one. Well those who could afford it and wanted one.  

36. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 22, 2010, 18:06 LarryLaffer

Beamer, I totally understand what you are stating in your posts. I just don't think the guy arguing with you is understanding what you are trying to say.

If this is what your trying to say. The first few years HDTV's were on the market compared to the first few years 3d tv's have been on the market, the fact your trying to say is based on these timeframes the 3d tv's outsold HDTV's.

I can totally understand why too. HDTV's were $5k plus when they first came out. Totally out of reach of the average consumer. But in contrast some 3dtv's sold right now are just above $1k.

Some people just don't like 3d, so they will try to minimalize it any way can.

Laffman.......

News Comments > House, M.D. & Demo Released
10. Re: House, M.D. & Demo Released Sep 14, 2010, 14:23 LarryLaffer

Worst game ever, don't wast your time. Piece of crap.  

News Comments > TR Layoffs Confirmed; Lara's Makeover?
5. Re: TR Layoffs Confirmed; Lara's Makeover? Jan 11, 2009, 13:18 LarryLaffer

Tomb Raider Anniversary is my favorite game right now. I've been playing it for about 2 1/2 months. I've already beaten it on medium and am now trying to go back through it and beat all the time trials. Once I'm tired of it I will be looking forward to buying Legend.

This series has always been one of my favorites. I loved the original Tomb Raider when it came out years ago. Tomb Raider II was good also but after that I thought the series went kind of flat. It is good to see Crystal Dynamics putting a little more life into this series.

Laffman..........

This comment was edited on Jan 11, 2009, 13:19.

News Comments > WoW Death Knights Expand
11. Re: WoW Death Knights Expand Jan 9, 2009, 13:41 LarryLaffer

Is there a Life Knight in the game?

Its called a Paladin.

166 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo