Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy

Real Name Jeremy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DrEvil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 13463220
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2002, 03:11
Total Comments 1546 (Pro)
User ID 12225

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007 Patched, Series on Ice
3. Re: No subject Jan 30, 2007, 22:11 DrEvil

It's so easy to see a torrent with thousands of downloads and be pissed about the money that 'could' be made had each of them been a purchase, but the fact is that there is no way to know how many of those people would have bought the game anyways, much less how many might have bought it after the torrent 'demo'(though I suspect not many did that). It's 100% guess work to equate those numbers to the reason for the games failure. Every game in existence gets torrented.

Games today need to get their budgets under control, that's the bottom line. It costs ridiculous amounts of money to make games these days. This is the reason for all the shit that's being tested, ads in games, episodic content, etc. Anything to reduce the risk. That's what it's all about. I have no doubt that piracy is effecting the PC gaming business, if only because of the perception of harm being done by rampant PC game piracy. Obviously console games are pirated as well, but to a much lesser degree. Generally a console owner has to go out of their way to play them, and with more focus going towards online with the consoles, I suspect it will be more difficult to maintain that ability and be able to play pirated games.

edit: wierd, post went to 3 after edit.

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 22:15.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: hahahhaa Jan 29, 2007, 20:25 DrEvil

You ARE playing with real people... Your actions have real consequences...

No they don't.

News Comments > Enemy Territory Quake Wars Delayed, Maybe
42. Re: AGREE! Jan 26, 2007, 23:31 DrEvil

what!!

tribes vengeance was a pile of shit that wasn't even worthy of the name.

News Comments > New Mac OS X Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
2. Re: No subject Jan 26, 2007, 23:05 DrEvil

you mean can mac users play with pc users ? yes

40. Re: No subject Jan 26, 2007, 23:03 DrEvil

that reminds me, tweakboy. you're a dipshit

News Comments > Armed Assault Euro Release Plans
11. Re: No subject Jan 26, 2007, 19:10 DrEvil

This game is uber-turd of the year.

24. Re: AGREE! Jan 26, 2007, 15:11 DrEvil

I have fond memories of playing Tribes 2 on 128 player vehicle servers. Don't think I've ever had so much fun in an FPS game. Played all night once, never went below 98 players, got in good with a decent tailgunner and pilot and we were having a blast. Something very satisfying about bombing their vehicle pads and getting a page and a half of kills scroll by.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: No subject Jan 25, 2007, 13:34 DrEvil

The real world is full of idiots, why would the online world be any different.

News Comments > Age of Conan Movie
3. Re: Nice Jan 23, 2007, 22:25 DrEvil

same shit, better gfx

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
19. Re: soundcards Jan 20, 2007, 15:59 DrEvil

From what I've read the cpu usage between onboard and a seperate board is still significant. Most of the sound card reviews I've read also rage about how BF2 is probably the one game that has gone the extra mile to make their sound system really good. Obviously alot of this shit doesn't mean much to someone with a crappy set of pc speakers. I am a big gamer though, with a decent 5.1 setup, and so far what I've read even today leans heavily toward a seperate sound card. I just wish there were decent alternatives to creative.

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 16:00.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
12. Re: No subject Jan 20, 2007, 11:22 DrEvil

So I've been planning out a new system build soon, and pretty much every review I've read is recommending the X-Fi. Then people are saying here they haven't done anything worth a shit since the audigy 2. Which is it?

I wish the Razer Barracuda AC-1 wasn't priced so rediculously. Would love to go high end without the creative name, and that ones been getting excellent reviews as well.

News Comments > BioWare Episodes
16. Re: Still making full games Jan 19, 2007, 01:26 DrEvil

Greetings Crushbug, from a Pandemite.

News Comments > BF2142 Booster Pack Info
19. Re: No subject Jan 17, 2007, 23:09 DrEvil

Sure Epic gives away maps, but I imagine the ones they give away take a lot less time to make than the BF2142 levels.

Hahaha, no fuckin way.

News Comments > BF2142 Booster Pack Info
14. Re: No subject Jan 17, 2007, 20:34 DrEvil

booster pack is so named due to its tendancy to give their dick a boost just a little bit deeper into your back side.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: No subject Jan 17, 2007, 20:12 DrEvil

ffs blue, why don't you ban this tweakboy cock sucker?

News Comments > etc.
1. No subject Jan 16, 2007, 10:50 DrEvil

There's nothing quite as sad as dressing up like game characters for game releases.

News Comments > The Late Show
1. No subject Jan 13, 2007, 13:10 DrEvil

Wow, burn is the ugliest thing I've seen in a long time.

News Comments > Madden Squashes Competition
2. Re: No subject Dec 26, 2006, 10:47 DrEvil

good for you. sales is the only thing that matters to developers and publishers.

News Comments > America's Army: Coalition Released
53. Re: Coallition? Dec 22, 2006, 19:40 DrEvil

I'd just like to point out you're a complete total fuckwad retard jackass dipshit moron proving you don't know two shits anything at all. American foreign aid doesn't even amount to .5% of GNP.

Holland - 2.44%
Ireland - 1.83%
Norway - 1.49%
Switzerland - 1.09%
U.S.A. - .34%

How funny of you to go off on someone stating fact, when you are in fact the moron. Nice try dumbass. It's great of you to use an insignificant number that paints the situation the exact opposite of what it is. As several others have mentioned, the GNP means jack shit compared to the pure dollar amount, which will always be the only part that matters.

http://www.globalissues.org/TradeRelated/Debt/USAid.asp#ForeignAidNumbersinChartsandGraphs

Oh look at that, USA gives the most $, beating 2nd place by double. Can we give more? Of course. But don't be a fuckin jackass and pretend the contributions from the USA are insignificant or somehow inferior to other nations when they clearly aren't.

A much smaller % of a huge GNP is clearly a much bigger end result than others larger % of smaller GNP. Boo fuckin hoo the %'s don't match up. You're completely retarded for putting any weight into a % of something that varies wildly between countries, making the end result not even comparable.

Not going to get into the war, that is a fucked up mess we got ourselves into, with no end in sight from the worlds most prominent retard president.

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 19:47.

1546 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo