Descending
Limit Results:

396 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    20  ] Older

Re: Evening Mobilization
May 21, 2024, 14:15
Re: Evening Mobilization May 21, 2024, 14:15
May 21, 2024, 14:15

Musk could also threaten to produce more vehicles like the Cybertruck. This article has some interesting insights into how that looks:

"I saw my first Cybertruck stop at a red light near the Museum of Natural History in Manhattan on Sunday, and this car sucked in a way that had strangers on the sidewalk making Oh brother faces at each other. I could not have been better prepared to encounter this vehicle, and yet I was not prepared at all. It is one thing to have an image in your mind that roughly corresponds to "Albert Pyun's Homercar: 2049" and quite another to watch that actual vehicle turn, seemingly on drunken tiptoe, onto Columbus Avenue. It is an experience that everyone should have, I think. The stupid, tacky future that our culture's reigning mediocrities are making every day can feel abstract and almost poignant when encountered through a screen—a thing that no one but them wants, and which does not work very well, trying and failing to seem like progress. It is much more useful, I think, to see how ridiculous—how gaudy and cheap and patently unwantable—that future looks trying to navigate the world in which everyone else is trying to live."

https://defector.com/have-you-seen-a-cybertruck-yet

Re: OotB: Twisted
May 10, 2024, 15:19
Re: OotB: Twisted May 10, 2024, 15:19
May 10, 2024, 15:19

El Pit wrote on May 10, 2024, 13:50:
Damn, I really, really never wanted to get involved with politics again on BN because I know I cannot change people's minds. Fear and anger are always stronger than reason and reflection. Yoda (yeah, you, George, you!) was so right about that. So sh1t will be going down within the next 2 decades, I am afraid. And then cockroaches will rule the planet.

A few thoughts on this:
1) One argument: People can use variously knives, clubs, etc. as weapons. So what's wrong with firearms?
Answer: Because people seek efficiencies and ease. The easier it is to do something, the more people do it. That's why the amount of people who travel between NYC and LA are predominantly flying. A lot fewer drive. And way fewer ride a bicycle or walk between NYC and LA. The U.S. homicide rate (with the highest percentage due to firearms) is about 5-8 times that of any other developed country. It isn't because Americans are 5-8 times more homicidal than people in Japan, Canada, Switzerland, Germany, the UK, Sweden, etc. It's because of easier and far greater access to more efficient lethal weapons. Also, if clubs or knives were so great a replacement for firerams, why do people bother to buy expensive firearms when a cheap club or knife is (supposedly) equivalent? Answer: because people who buy firearms know that firearms are way more efficient and easy than a club or knife.

2) One argument: An armed person is a deterrent to a bad person.
Answer: Police end up in altercations with perps (variously armed and even unarmed) every single day across the U.S., and police are visibly armed, and typically considered to be better trained and prepared for altercations with adversaries than an average person. This argument makes as much sense as someone who believes the death penalty is a deterrent.

3) One argument: More armed people equals lower violence.
Answer: Homicide rates and violent crime rates are very much among the highest in the nation for many states (particularly Southern states) with both high rates of gun ownership and extremely gun-friendly laws. Utah is a notable exception.

4) One argument: Gun control laws don't work - just look at Chicago.
Answer: Gun control laws don't work as well when the small area with those laws is surrounded by or adjacent to large geographic areas with very lax gun laws. Chicago is a quick drive to a variety of places in Indiana. But for that matter, the cities with the highest rates of homicide and violent crime again cluster in the South, with some in California and others in declining cities in the Rust Belt. Chicago doesn't reach the top 10 on a per capita basis.

Further Answer: Hawaii vs. Alaska. Hawaii has one of the lowest rates of gun ownership and stronger gun control laws. Alaska has one of the highest rates of gun ownership and lax gun control laws. Both are isolated. Hawaii has one of the lowest homicide and violent crime rates in the nation. Alaska has one of the very highest homicide rates and violent crime rates in the nation. Similarly, all the other developed countries have more strict gun control laws across their nation and don't have pockets of gun control surrounded by swathes of gun-friendly areas.

5) One argument: Look at Switzerland, Canada, and Israel which have high gun ownership! It's not so bad!
Answer: Canada's homicide rate ties roughly with Belarus and Lebanon while Israel's roughly ties with Azerbaijan and Algeria. Canada's rate is roughly double that of the next group of developed countries like Finland, the UK, Belgium, and France, while Israel's is about 50% higher. Swiitzerland's homicide rate is ameliorated by a small population with only a few small-to-mid-sized cities and numerous towns, high standard of living, low poverty, homogeneous population, and relatively isolated culture, as well as what is covered in the Further Answer.

Further Answer: Switzerland and Israel have mandatory conscription into the armed forces with accompanying training. Although there is a practice of retaining one's military rifle at home for training or defense, in many cases ammunition for those weapons in locked in a central repository of the local canton. All 3 countries have strict gun regulation, requiring various permits, training, limits for types or number of weapons, and registration of firearms.

6) An armed populace fends off the chance of a government doing things the populace don't want. Also, if Jewish people had been armed, Germany might not have had the Holocaust.
Answer: The South was well-armed during the Civil War and quite well-organized. The Federal government had no reluctance to fight and ultimately subdue the South. Similarly, Germany had no reluctance from attacking entire nations that were well-armed and equipped (France and the Soviet Union) as well as numerous other nations with smaller armed and organized forces. And the entire Jewish population of Germany in the 1930s was a fraction of a percent of the country's entire population. Countries have also engaged armed rebel groups within their own borders or have participated in actions against armed rebel groups in other countries forever. It doesn't deter anything.

7) Armed citizens can fend off an out-of-control government.
Answer: Same as #6 above. But also worth noting that untrained and unorganized irregulars can be a nuisance to a trained army but are not a decisive force unless the trained army becomes very small and disorganized and ill-equipped relative to the irregulars swelling into an outsized larger and better-organized force. George Washington wrote scathingly of his distaste for militia forces, noting their severe lack of training, discipline, and engagement relative to his trained army regulars. Also noting that militia being more of a volunteer role people in militias tend to remember they have families and jobs and tend to treat fighting as a very temporary thing. In the modern U.S. this is even more the case. There are certainly small groups of militia members who are more loners or have much less to lose, the overwhelming majority of firearms owners are not going to be interested in leaving their homes and families and joining loose groups of irregulars to take on the modern U.S. military.

Re: OotB: Taking a byte
May 7, 2024, 22:06
Re: OotB: Taking a byte May 7, 2024, 22:06
May 7, 2024, 22:06

People have recut old Tom Selleck reverse mortgage ads to have him tell the truth "this is a trick to take your home"

Here's one example:

https://youtu.be/u4Pcwcnd23c?t=11

Re: OotB: Well done
Apr 28, 2024, 16:30
Re: OotB: Well done Apr 28, 2024, 16:30
Apr 28, 2024, 16:30

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 28, 2024, 12:11:
A well-done steak? Oof. Take thy beak from out my heart.

Wood Harrelson has the best answer for how to cook a steak: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLtoqFLg5ns

Re: Morning Mobilization
Apr 22, 2024, 17:36
Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 22, 2024, 17:36
Apr 22, 2024, 17:36

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 22, 2024, 12:42:
How many billions should Tesla pay musk?

$47 Billion, according to a new "rigorous and thoughtful analysis."

Tesla argued to shareholders in its new filing that the reauthorization of Musk's pay is needed to incentivize Musk’s future leadership of Tesla. "Because the Delaware court second-guessed your decision, Elon has not been paid for any of his work for Tesla for the past six years that has helped to generate significant growth and stockholder value," the company said in its filing.

Musk's compensation plan reached in 2018 was around 33 times larger than the largest pay package in history, according to Greg Varallo, the shareholders' attorney in the Delaware case. The prior record also belonged to Musk from a compensation deal reached in 2014.

Re: Game Crossovers
Feb 20, 2024, 17:23
Re: Game Crossovers Feb 20, 2024, 17:23
Feb 20, 2024, 17:23

Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 20, 2024, 14:26:
The Flying Penguin wrote on Feb 20, 2024, 12:25:
The Borderlands movie will either be amazing or total crap, and nothing in between. I'm curious to see how they play it.

Can you name one movie based on a video game that has been amazing?

Plenty that have been amazing(ly) bad...

I worked with a guy many years ago who was a writer on one of Uwe Boll's many videogame-to-movie abominations and he was quite proud of the writing credit FWIW.

Re: OotB: Free or fortune?
Feb 15, 2024, 19:37
Re: OotB: Free or fortune? Feb 15, 2024, 19:37
Feb 15, 2024, 19:37

jdreyer wrote on Feb 15, 2024, 18:12:
I never understood the attraction to Rod Stewart. His voice is scratchy, his songs are lame, and he looks scuzzy.

I can only imagine if he and Kim Carnes had ever had kids what those kids would have sounded like..

Re: OotB: Happy Valentine's Day
Feb 15, 2024, 13:26
Re: OotB: Happy Valentine's Day Feb 15, 2024, 13:26
Feb 15, 2024, 13:26

Carighan wrote on Feb 15, 2024, 02:42:
I mean if we're being honest, this whole "don't infect people around you" should work regardless of COVID or not. Just if you have a cold, don't go into the office, you'll just make everyone else sick, too!

Look at Japan where people at least wear gloves and a face mask in public transit if they have a cold, so they don't infect people around them.

This absolutely should not be a COVID-specific thing.

Yeah, I worked at a place 20 years ago where a guy who had a communicable form of pneumonia still came into the office even though he was still very sick. He stood over my desk talking to me and coughing all over me.

I ended up with pneumonia as well as about 10 other people.

The doctor started me on Z-packs but I relapsed a couple days after finishing those. Then they gave me a 10-day regimen of Clarithromycin which had zero effectiveness as I rapidly worsened. I tried telling the doctor that the antibiotic was having no effect but they insisted that I just take the whole 10 days and see if it worked. It didn't.

I ended up developing into double-pneumonia and the doctor admitted that maybe that antibiotic wasn't working after all. They switched me to Amoxicillin and I started improving within a couple days. But it took me almost 2 months after I "recovered" to be able to walk without getting out of breath.

I didn't go into the office during the time I was sick - unlike the jack*ss who infected me and a bunch of others.

Re: Morning Legal Briefs
Feb 2, 2024, 18:27
Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 2, 2024, 18:27
Feb 2, 2024, 18:27

I'm glad I did not end up working for the CIA.

I had a classmate who already worked for the CIA and had been a poster-boy for recruitment due to his classic WASP-ish looks, and was getting his graduate degree. I was taking a graduate-level class as part of my undergrad and ended up applying to the CIA in my senior year since my degree was one of particular interest for the CIA and it being late 1980s job prospects for undergrads were still in upheaval so I was willing to look at various options.

I went through different levels of interviews and testing over many months where they continually winnow out the ones they're not interested in. My next step was the Langley interview and psych profile etc. once they completed my deep background check. I withdrew my application before the interview as I ended up finding work in regular industry.

The application process was rather unusual. A couple of highlights:

First level - They had a lady from the analyst side and a man from the covert ops side do presentations to a group of potential applicants. The covert ops guy was gregarious. Whipped his sports coat open and said, "I'm not packing heat, but I work in covert ops!" Then he went on to say that the hardest thing you can do is to get someone else to betray their own country, and that's what covert ops is all about. After the presentations, we lined up to meet with either the analyst or covert ops reps. I was in the analyst line but when she asked me my degree and I told her the covert ops guy perked up and asked "Want to work for covert ops?" No, I did not.

Testing Battery - this was later after they'd done some initial background checks and various other screenings. It was an all-day test. Covered math and verbal similar to the SAT. There was also a timed 500-question True/False Yes/No test that was for psych evaluation. You'd get questions like, "I dislike my parents" in question 12 and later in question 348 you'd get "I don't get along with my parents." They were obviously looking for consistency but even for a timed test I picked up on all the patterns since I am near-eidetic for things I read.

The funniest one was another timed test involving 2 scenarios. The first was mundane - you're with a U.S. farm equipment firm wishing to do business with Russia. What things would you consider. Easy - no currency conversion other than the valuta ruble (this was later 1980s), various trade restrictions, etc. But the second scenario was "You are to enter a locked building at night, enter a locked office, retrieve an item from a locked desk drawer, and exfiltrate without being detected. What do you consider?"

Re: OotB: Feeling Chili
Jan 25, 2024, 13:40
Re: OotB: Feeling Chili Jan 25, 2024, 13:40
Jan 25, 2024, 13:40

The Flying Penguin wrote on Jan 25, 2024, 11:37:
Holy crap. If you want some wonderful insight into a day working quality control at Boeing, and what sounds like a plausible explanation of what happened to that 737 Max 9 door plane, there's an amazing comment posted by someone who claims to be a current Boeing employee. He explains in detail how the inspection reporting system for quality control at the factory works.. and fails.. And specifically what happened in this case, as it sounds like he's read the reports (basically any time a bolt is removed to repair something, there should be a record, so that a team follows up and inspects to make sure everything was put back). He sure sounds like he knows what he's talking about, and he sounds like a pretty pissed off old school Boeing engineer who hates the way the company is now being run.

It's worth reading. It's a two part post, because of the comment length limit. This link takes you to the first one, do a text search for 'throwawayboeingN704AL' on that page to find the the second part: Link

Agreed. Wow. And not surprising from all that's been said over the years about the culture-change at Boeing from a stricter engineering and quality focus toward a more accounting focus.

I noticed a number of reporters at major news outlets posted followup comments encouraging the person to contact them (NYTimes, WSJ, Thomson-Reuters, CNN, NPR, Seattle-Times). The main issue with that is Boeing isn't going to like having someone talking to reporters (also against any company's policies) and the more details that are provided that can help Boeing zero in on who's talking, the more likely they find them and fire them.

Re: It's a secret to everybody.
Jan 25, 2024, 10:40
Re: It's a secret to everybody. Jan 25, 2024, 10:40
Jan 25, 2024, 10:40

Beamer wrote on Jan 25, 2024, 10:16:
cappy wrote on Jan 24, 2024, 19:14:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 24, 2024, 14:34:
Real meat chili + a pone of cornbread is one of the few perfect meals on a cold and/or dreary day.

About 20 years ago I had to do some work in Cincinnati and one of the local colleagues told us (all from Texas): "Cincinnati is famous for our chili and barbecue!"

Then he took us to Skyline Chili and proudly said that what made Skyline Chili so great was that the special ingredient was cinnamon. I was thinking, "Gosharootie, back in Texas I've seen some chili cookoffs where the special ingredient was exotic wild game."

He explained to us that Skyline Chili would "grow on us" and after dutifully and politely trying it I can say no, it never will. It was somewhere around the level of a can of Wolf Brand Chili although not as chunky and certainly not remarkable. Plus they served it over cheap spaghetti and even cheaper hot dogs that had the soft dubious texture of Vienna sausages.

The barbecue place our colleague took us to had basically the classic roasted meat with sauce quality that I guess is what makes it "famous" for Cincinnati. Kind of like a watered-down imitation of KC-style done in an oven.

I lived in Cincy for a few years. Everyone tried to get me to eat Skyline. No. It was absolutely gross. Especially the cheese, which was basically the lowest quality oil-based cheese possible. "Cheese."

The BBQ, I assume, was the Montgomery Inn Boathouse. I hated the food there - the brisket was waxy. But what made it special (choose your definition of that word) was that it had cloth papercloths. Why? It's BBQ! It's ribs! It's corn on the cob! People dressed up for it. At least twice I saw groups of teens doing their pre-dance dinner, with the guys in white tuxedos, at a BBQ place that doesn't give you sufficient way to wipe your hands. Baffling. The most Cincy thing ever.

Eli's BBQ, in Cincinnati, though, is amazing. Or was a decade ago.

Yep - Montgomery Inn Boathouse. I was surprised at the upscale nature of it since it was supposed to be "barbecue".

Jan 25, 2024, 10:37
Re: It's a secret to everybody. Jan 25, 2024, 10:37
Jan 25, 2024, 10:37

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 24, 2024, 20:39:
cappy wrote on Jan 24, 2024, 19:14:
About 20 years ago I had to do some work in Cincinnati and one of the local colleagues told us (all from Texas): "Cincinnati is famous for our chili and barbecue!"

Then he took us to Skyline Chili and proudly said that what made Skyline Chili so great was that the special ingredient was cinnamon. I was thinking, "Gosharootie, back in Texas I've seen some chili cookoffs where the special ingredient was exotic wild game."

He explained to us that Skyline Chili would "grow on us" and after dutifully and politely trying it I can say no, it never will. It was somewhere around the level of a can of Wolf Brand Chili although not as chunky and certainly not remarkable. Plus they served it over cheap spaghetti and even cheaper hot dogs that had the soft dubious texture of Vienna sausages.

The barbecue place our colleague took us to had basically the classic roasted meat with sauce quality that I guess is what makes it "famous" for Cincinnati. Kind of like a watered-down imitation of KC-style done in an oven.

I have had that "chili" and spaghetti mess, replete with a slice of Kraft half-ass melted over the top. It was revolting. Cinnamon belongs nowhere near chili. The only acceptable replacement for a proper, meat based Texas chili was at a place in LA of all places called "Tommy's". Chili so thick you could stick a fork in it and it would stay upright.

In the vein of "This is totally like that other thing you like", my bro lives in the Detroit metro area. Went up to visit him pre-pandemic and he was just raving about "Detroit style" pizza. Think of it like inverse pizza with the toppings on the bottom and the sauce on top. Moreover, it was cut in to strips like bread sticks because the thing comes out as a rectangular brick. He kept looking at me like I was going to have some kind of culinary epiphany. I just quietly said "You know, we can make bread sticks back at your place and ladle overly sweet marinara sauce on top of them for way less than what you just paid."

Yeah, I've seen Detroit-style pizza got trendy for awhile. Not my preference.

Another one I had in Ohio was a "Maid-Rite" sandwich. Google it and you'll see what it is. There'd been a program called "Sandwiches That You Will Like" on PBS that took a tour around the U.S. of regional sandwiches - lobster rolls in Maine, Po-Boys in New Orleans, Philly Cheese Steaks, etc. They also featured the Maid-Rite chain in the upper-Midwest which dates back about a century. Their specialty was frying loose ground beef in a pan with a bit of salt and slapping it on a bun with just a few chopped onions. After seeing the show I riidiculed the sandwich at work the next day to a co-worker and another co-worker nearby - who was from Indiana - got balky and told me I couldn't make fun of a Maid-Rite unless I tried one.

So when I was in Ohio on that same business trip as the underwhelming experience of "chili" in Cincinnati, I had a friend there take me to a Maid-Rite in Ohio. And now I can ridicule the Maid-Rite sandwiches with a totally clear conscience. They're basically a sloppy joe where someone forgot to put sauce or any seasoning in.

Jan 24, 2024, 19:14
Re: It's a secret to everybody. Jan 24, 2024, 19:14
Jan 24, 2024, 19:14

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 24, 2024, 14:34:
Real meat chili + a pone of cornbread is one of the few perfect meals on a cold and/or dreary day.

Re: OotB: Where there's smoke
Jan 4, 2024, 13:55
Re: OotB: Where there's smoke Jan 4, 2024, 13:55
Jan 4, 2024, 13:55

Blue -

Apparently the GE Profile smoker is a pellet-smoker and with its compact size it's certainly going to use a lot less fuel than a Traeger or similar outdoor pellet-smoker.

The early reviews on Best Buy are actually pretty favorable, including one from a person in Texas who bought it because of restrictions on open fires where they live:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ge-profile-smart-indoor-smoker-black/6564068.p?skuId=6564068

Certainly a lot of restaurants within cities that have smoke/emissions restrictions have been using indoor smokers that are a similar concept for decades.

Also worth noting that pellet-smokers have proven to be extremely popular, as well as the kamado-style cookers like the Big Green Egg that rely on wood charcoal for fuel. And lots of folks use briquette charcoal or electric smokers and are happy.

As long as wood has been properly cured before burning it and you run a clean fire, most people will not be able to tell the difference in meat cooked from an offset as far as its fuel of choice. The big exception is uncured mesquite which is pretty unmistakable. But well-cured mesquite doesn't taste any different to most people than oak or hickory when it comes to the meat.

There have been lots of debates on this on many bbq forums for a long time. A lot of experienced people will admit that once the meat is served and you're not actually smelling the smoke from a smoker, people can't tell a difference. The rub and any sauces used are going to be more pronounced. Some people claim to be able to distinguish fruit woods from hard woods, but I suspect if someone else did the smoking for them and asked them to pick which meats were cooked on hard woods and which were cooked on fruit woods the results would be close to a coin-toss. They might detect a difference in the meat taste but not really be able to pinpoint anything specific.

A lot of folks also claim to be always able to distinguish mesquite. But again, if the mesquite is actually well-cured (which takes either kiln-dried or literally years to do) they will typically not be able to distinguish it from others. Some claim that smoking poultry is the giveaway, especially with mesquite. But I've smoked a lot of turkeys and chickens over mesquite in both a large Klose Backyard offset and a large Gator Rebel vertical cabinet-style smoker and people have always been surprised when I told them what wood I used.

There are certainly a small percentage of people with refined palates who can distinguish some tastes more distinctly, but again - the flavor imparted from a rub or any sauces is going to predominate. And if we're talking meats like pulled pork where the smoke penetration only impacts a fraction of the total volume it's even less distinction.

I burn mesquite, oak, and hickory for the fire management. They burn consistently with a high heat output and for a long time so I go through less fuel and simpler fire management.

My opinion is always that people should use any smoker and fuel choice they want to use or need to use (by restrictions) and not fret over distinctions.

Re: Midday Metaverse
Dec 28, 2023, 16:46
Re: Midday Metaverse Dec 28, 2023, 16:46
Dec 28, 2023, 16:46

You can also clear things from your Viewing History by following the steps in the article below (which are more specific and clear than Netflix's own steps).

Removing items from viewing history will impact the algorithms Netflix uses to recommend shows. So as someone noted if you went on a binge of watching comedies and now Netflix is *only* suggesting comedies, the main ways to re-influence Netflix's algorithms are either to 1) Start watching a lot of other types of shows to offset the amount of comedies watched (which may take awhile) or 2) Remove a bunch of comedies from your Viewing History

Steps for removing items from Viewing History

Re: Midday Metaverse
Dec 28, 2023, 16:37
Re: Midday Metaverse Dec 28, 2023, 16:37
Dec 28, 2023, 16:37

Cutter wrote on Dec 28, 2023, 14:21:
And the continue watching shit you can't remove is irksome. I check something out, decide against it, then it's stuck in continue watching forever - and then you're also getting recs for similar shit.

Cutter - you can remove "continue watching":

1) Exit the show you started to watch and return to the main Netflix screen
2) If you're using the TV with a streaming device, select the show (as if you wanted to continue watching it) but rather than clicking the button to resume watching it instead start scrolling down past the options to resume watching, etc.
3) You should see an option for "Remove from Continue Watching". Click that and it will remove it from Continue Watching
4) Just below that option would also be an option to "Remove from My List" if you had added a show to your list and wanted to remove it from your list of shows to watch

Netflix has additional instructions for removing shows from continue watching for computers and mobile devices here: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/115312

This comment was edited on Dec 28, 2023, 16:49.

Re: OotB: Imprinted
Dec 22, 2023, 12:44
Re: OotB: Imprinted Dec 22, 2023, 12:44
Dec 22, 2023, 12:44

Hi Blue -

It looks like your Brother DCPL2550DW uses a page-counter to notify of low toner. Brother laser printers used to use a sensor that would shine into a round plastic portal on one side of the toner cartridge and if the toner was low it would start warning about low toner. Thing was, it was more an approximate indicator and you could usually get a few hundred or more pages printed after the warning before the toner actually truly began to run low enough to cause print issues. I always stuck a small piece of masking tape over the round portal on the cartridge to disable the "toner low" message since it came on so early.

I concur on the quality and reliability of the Brother printers compared to HP and Canon and others (Brother also makes excellent and very highly-rated sewing machines as well, by the way). The last reliable HP I had was a III-P back when the laser printers were hefty. Other HPs were extremely unreliable and I switched to Brother printers almost 15 years ago. My wife and I are both still using the Brother HL-2170W laser printers we bought in April 2009. Not even a drum replacement needed, just cleaning. We've bought several Brother laser models for family members and also got a Brother inkjet multifunction that's been far more reliable and easy to use and lower ink costs than the Canon inkjets ever were.

Re: Evening Metaverse
Nov 30, 2023, 10:16
Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 30, 2023, 10:16
Nov 30, 2023, 10:16

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 29, 2023, 19:45:
If Elon was smart he would sue the companies that quit advertising with him … right?

Seriously, you can’t make this shit up.

There’s been rumors of his drug use, but there’s definitely no doubt about his mental illness.

We may only know for certain he;s a "mad genius" if (when) he winds up holing himself up in hotel rooms for months on end and never trimming his fingernails while collecting his urine in jars...

Re: Morning Mobilization
Nov 28, 2023, 17:13
Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 28, 2023, 17:13
Nov 28, 2023, 17:13

Saboth wrote on Nov 28, 2023, 16:30:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 28, 2023, 13:08:
Elon's nightmare will pale in comparison to cyberflop owners after a fender bender.

Can't imagine the insurance cost on those...all to own a subpar "truck" that gets attention while being poorly built.

This article has a funny video of a Cybertruck trying desperately to climb up a shallow slope. Also pictures of another Cybertruck with extremely bad-fitting body panels.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/11/tesla-cybertruck-is-striking-and-poorly-timed.html

Re: Morning Metaverse
Oct 27, 2023, 18:02
Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 27, 2023, 18:02
Oct 27, 2023, 18:02

I'm trying to recall - did Musk originally say, "I'm buying Twitter so I can run the company" or did he say, "I'm taking over Twitter so I can ruin the company"?
396 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    20  ] Older