Total Posts
1266 (Pro)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

1266 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 5.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    64  ] Older

Re: rushing in SC
Sep 9, 2006, 18:23
Re: rushing in SC Sep 9, 2006, 18:23
Sep 9, 2006, 18:23

With re: to rushing and strategy, take a look at this very informative interview to see CT's thoughts

http://www.shacknews.com/extras/2006/080806_chris_taylor_1.x

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ranger), Shiva Sung (Monk), Mangal Pandey (Necromancer), Rana Pratap Singh (Warrior), Boddhi Satwa (Ritualist)

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

Re: No subject
Sep 8, 2006, 18:50
Re: No subject Sep 8, 2006, 18:50
Sep 8, 2006, 18:50

I enjoyed Grim Fandango immensly for its adventure and puzzle solving. While Psychonauts was nice, it was still a platformer made for the console kiddies. Rich atmosphere and funny characters, but still a platformer.

Both good games in their own right, but I prefered Grim Fandango.

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ranger), Shiva Sung (Monk), Mangal Pandey (Necromancer), Rana Pratap Singh (Warrior), Boddhi Satwa (Ritualist)

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

Re: Vista rip-off
Aug 29, 2006, 22:25
Re: Vista rip-off Aug 29, 2006, 22:25
Aug 29, 2006, 22:25

Go Win 2K!

At least that's what I plan to do for me new MacBook once I get around to loading Parallels.

Re: *blink*
Aug 19, 2006, 09:56
Re: *blink* Aug 19, 2006, 09:56
Aug 19, 2006, 09:56

Given their track record, I seriously doubt iD can be successful at it. I would love to be pleasantly surprised, but I am not holding my breath on it.

Re: SupCom
Aug 10, 2006, 01:56
Re: SupCom Aug 10, 2006, 01:56
Aug 10, 2006, 01:56

Man, that Chris Taylor interview has got me so excited about the game. Cant wait for it to be released!

Re: Now watch...
Jul 18, 2006, 20:46
Re: Now watch... Jul 18, 2006, 20:46
Jul 18, 2006, 20:46

My brother and I messed with Devil (the level editor) and you could create alternate rooms through the same opening

Um yeah, doing it in the level editor is one thing, and doing it real time is quite another. And the Prey portals were fixed - essentially glorified doors. Based on the video released, it looks like you can create a portal any where and have it affect the environment

Jul 18, 2006, 20:38
Re: No subject Jul 18, 2006, 20:38
Jul 18, 2006, 20:38

Theif and Deus Ex are some other games with memorable environments.

And they are not considered FPS games, but rather RPGs

Re: ...
Jul 18, 2006, 20:02
Re: ... Jul 18, 2006, 20:02
Jul 18, 2006, 20:02

And I would be happy to plunk down $30-35 for the whole package.

Re: ...
Jul 18, 2006, 17:27
Re: ... Jul 18, 2006, 17:27
Jul 18, 2006, 17:27

Just saw the video. Valve just sold HL2 Ep 2 to me Wow, amazing.

While the concept is not entirely original, I think Valve is fully exploring the puzzle elements of the concept, rather than the FPS elements we have seen so far in Prey, Unreal, etc

Jul 13, 2006, 19:46
Re: No subject Jul 13, 2006, 19:46
Jul 13, 2006, 19:46

And Riley Pizt has arrived. I predict this thread will ballon to 100+ posts, easy

Que?
Jul 11, 2006, 20:57
Que? Jul 11, 2006, 20:57
Jul 11, 2006, 20:57

The Elder Scrolls Website has details on The Vile Lair, the new Oblivion content that will go on sole this Thursday…

Goes on sale, no?

No subject
Jun 8, 2006, 09:51
No subject Jun 8, 2006, 09:51
Jun 8, 2006, 09:51

Um, are there *any* of the original features still left in the game? I remember reading posts about how it will be the HL2/D3 killer. Now its fast becoming an ugly cousin of DNF

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ranger), Shiva Sung (Monk), Mangal Pandey (Necromancer), Rana Pratap Singh (Warrior)

Apr 28, 2006, 21:17
Re: No subject Apr 28, 2006, 21:17
Apr 28, 2006, 21:17

Its a standalone expansion pack. Come on now you cant draw equivalence to a brand new game if its the same stuff just expanded. I, and many others, bought GW expecting these small expansion packs they promised.

ANet has consistently stated that they will sell each subsequent chapter at full price. They have never said they are expansions, but stand alone games. You dont need Prophecies to play Factions, and vice versa. Hence the pricing structure.

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ranger), Shiva Sung (Monk), Mangal Pandey (Necromancer), Rana Pratap Singh (Warrior)

Apr 28, 2006, 20:31
Re: No subject Apr 28, 2006, 20:31
Apr 28, 2006, 20:31

They still should offer this non-standalone for owners of the original, for $29.99, or hell even $39.99 is better then a full fledged 50 bucks.

Then wait one month

Apr 20, 2006, 20:24
Re: No subject Apr 20, 2006, 20:24
Apr 20, 2006, 20:24

Wake Up Mr. Free Man.
Wake Up and Smell the Money.
Welcome to your future.

Good one.

Apr 20, 2006, 20:02
Re: No subject Apr 20, 2006, 20:02
Apr 20, 2006, 20:02

Poor victims everywhere.

Boohoo, I'm entitled to unlimited extras from a company I only paid once! Boohoo, all of the expansion packs should have already been in the base game which should only have cost half as much!

Grow up, people. No one owes you shit.

You don't like it, you stop giving them money. Stop acting like they're mugging you at gunpoint.

Spare me that bullshit.

No one is complaining that we are being forced buy these things. I am complaining that these companies are charging what looks like a steep price for content that is not enough, given that price (or in GW case here, no new content at all). I have gotten more then my moneys worth from the first Guild Wars game. But I dont think ANet is introducing anything new or fresh in the next chapter - so I am not buying the next chapter.

All I said was $10 was a little steep for an extra character slot. Just my opinion.

And no one has said expansion packs should have been in the base game. I assume you are referring to Oblivion. Numerous posters (myself included) have said that they would happily pay $30 for a full fledged expansion pack foe Oblivion and Bethesda should focus on that rather then charging $2 for five minutes of gameplay.

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 20:03.

Apr 20, 2006, 19:13
Re: No subject Apr 20, 2006, 19:13
Apr 20, 2006, 19:13

$5 may seem more reasonable, but $10 seems steep.

What's up with companies nickel and diming the loyal fanase nowadays? Valve with their episodes, Bethesda with their mods, and now ANet.

Vista criticism
Apr 20, 2006, 19:04
Vista criticism Apr 20, 2006, 19:04
Apr 20, 2006, 19:04

Pretty sad when a Microsoft fanboi criticizes the upcoming OS and basically admits that all the promised new features that *will* make it into the final shipping version are knock offs of Mac OS-X.

Apr 18, 2006, 22:13
Re: No subject Apr 18, 2006, 22:13
Apr 18, 2006, 22:13

I read it takes about 10 minutes to finish.

So does a prostitute, but they cost more

Doubt doing Orrery tower quest will give you a happy finish at the end

Re: not seeing a reason...
Apr 18, 2006, 15:25
Re: not seeing a reason... Apr 18, 2006, 15:25
Apr 18, 2006, 15:25

#6 - Hope that whole post was sarcasm (except for the Google OS - who knows what will happen there)

As for Vista - I think the current Playskool interface that is standard on XP sucks monkeyballs, so no way I am going for that Aero crap. The more I learn about Vista, the more I think that MS is trying to copy Apple (again) with the Tiger OS. And the funny thing is Tiger is scheduled to be replaced by Leopard before Vista even ships.

I ahve been seriously considering Apple Mac for my non-gaming needs. The Macbook Pro looks particularly enticing. I just prbably switch. But will wait for Leopard and Conroe to be out later this year before I switch teams.

1266 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 5.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    64  ] Older