Total Posts
1266 (Pro)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

1266 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 12.
Newer [  1    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    64  ] Older

Re: Venting...
Jul 7, 2005, 12:04
Re: Venting... Jul 7, 2005, 12:04
Jul 7, 2005, 12:04

I have a feeling the the D3 game will end up being more entertaining then the Doom movie. And I say this after hating D3 and never bothering to finish playing that abomination of a game.

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

Re: No subject
Jul 7, 2005, 09:16
Re: No subject Jul 7, 2005, 09:16
Jul 7, 2005, 09:16

I'm being ethnocentric because I don't think it's fair to work someone (a human fucking being) 12 hours a day in some basement in Hong Kong? Shut up...

Not only that, but this shit isn't taking place in the fuckin boonies, more than likely they're in a large city (where internet access, electricity, and rent are cheap). Yes, you're right.. were the poor guy/gal working somewhere else his pay would be no better, but he wouldn't be in the "rice patties" as you so ignorantly suggested.

Furthermore, how much do you want to bet his boss is some Aussie/American exploiting the cheap labor in China while ferretting his earnings back to the states. This shit certainly isn't doing anything to even out our economic peaks and valleys, if anything it contributes to the problem...

Go back and read the article again. These MMORPG farmers are literally real-life farmers. They mentioned folks in Indonesia and outskirts of cities in China coming to apply for jobs. The fact that there are a lot of people applying for these kinds of jobs suggests that they would rather work in online MMORPGs then do actual farming, whether it is because of better pay or better working coditions (relatively speaking). I am not being ingonrant, you are being blind.

As someone else suggested, the blame here lies with gamers stupid/lazy enough to spend real money to buy in-game stuff to get ahead. The fact that there is some upper level boss (whether American/Aussie or a local) harding most of the profits is irrelevant. They ALL do that over there - regardless of what kind of enterprise it is. Besides, it is no different here in the US - the CEO makes the millions while the employees get layed off or are told that they should be thankful just to have a job.

Like I said, quit being so ethnocentric and ignorant. If you want to blame someone, blame the gamers for creating such a market.

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

Jul 6, 2005, 23:38
Re: No subject Jul 6, 2005, 23:38
Jul 6, 2005, 23:38

So it's ok because their economy sucks balls? $1800 a year anywhere isn't going to get you very far in life, even in communist China. I love the hearsay you use to justify this shit, not to mention that you have no qualms with working 12 hours a day. I bet you've never had a full time job in your fuckin' life, and here you are saying it's ok to work some poor dude 12 hours a day because he's in a less economically powerful region...

"No, no, guys... listen! In China $1800 a year is like $60,000 here in the states! You can buy your 1200 square foot home, 2 SUVs, and pay off your school loans with that kinda cash over there! I swear! I saw it on TV!"

But fuck all those facts... this shit still ruins the game world, fucks the economy and such. All so some prick who works some poor chinese dudes 12 hours a day while he lives like a fuckin king ($60,000 in China is well above the mean income, no doubt there). Sure, it's rich suburban dipshits/spoiled assholes that support this crap, and all the better if they lose their money... but that still doesn't justify the hours/pay the actual workers are getting..

While I personally do not condone nor like this type of farming in MMORPGs, your argument is wrong. Do not bring in your American ethnocentric biases into the picture here. These so-called farmers probably WOULD be putting in 12 hours a day (and more likely 14-16 hours a day). But instead of working in a relatively comfy job in front of a computer, they might be toiling in the rice paddies under the hot sun. Now which is the more prefereably job?

Whether this guy puts in 12 hours a day farming phat lest in a MMORPG or farming actual cotton, it is a job that keeps him employed and feeds his family.

Again, I do not like this type of practice in MMORPGs, or any other computer game. But do not bring in your ethnocentric bias that since it is not okay in the US, it is not okay anywhere else in the world. Farming for lewt or farming for cotton - they will have to put in brutal hours. If I were in his shoes, I would farm for lewt as well.

Jun 30, 2005, 14:24
Re: No subject Jun 30, 2005, 14:24
Jun 30, 2005, 14:24

Sweet - now that PvP and PvE are seperate, they can concentrate on mamking both of them better, instead of improving one at the expense of the other

Jun 29, 2005, 22:28
Re: No subject Jun 29, 2005, 22:28
Jun 29, 2005, 22:28

Really? I happen to love HL2

I was being sarcastic. I have not had problems with Steam either, and I activated HL2 on release day

Jun 29, 2005, 21:59
Re: No subject Jun 29, 2005, 21:59
Jun 29, 2005, 21:59

HEATHEN!

Muahahahahahaha! Actually, don't knock it till you try it

Re: Play time
Jun 29, 2005, 21:57
Re: Play time Jun 29, 2005, 21:57
Jun 29, 2005, 21:57

Tonight's play time link is great! only thing that needs to be added is some way to save the combinations so that people can share 'em. Yeah, one can list them out, but where is the fun in that!

Cue!
Jun 29, 2005, 21:53
Cue! Jun 29, 2005, 21:53
Jun 29, 2005, 21:53

Cue Valve Bashing

Cue Steam Bashing

Ummmm .... first post!

Edit: I now see a second Valve thread a little further down where the Valve bashing is taking place. Looks like I missed out. Still .... first post!

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 22:04.

Jun 29, 2005, 20:42
Re: No subject Jun 29, 2005, 20:42
Jun 29, 2005, 20:42

I hope there's a very lengthy tutorial in this thing because it takes a lot to figure out how the Hell you play cricket

Actually, it is a lot like basebal, but a lot more fun to play (in real life at least)

Re: Heh
Jun 23, 2005, 10:31
Re: Heh Jun 23, 2005, 10:31
Jun 23, 2005, 10:31

Creston -

I believe these updates are for you. If they go over well, then the developer can concentrate on keeping both camps happy.

Re: Hmmm
Jun 20, 2005, 10:39
Re: Hmmm Jun 20, 2005, 10:39
Jun 20, 2005, 10:39

If Arena.Net is this anxious to pull the trigger on user accounts, they just might start losing customers.

No one wants the gestapo watching their every move in a game.

Jun 18, 2005, 17:19
Re: No subject Jun 18, 2005, 17:19
Jun 18, 2005, 17:19

I'll also say it again - Tumbler has talked me out of buying BF2. He's actually talked me into uninstalling the demo. He's singlehandedly turned it into the most overhyped game I've ever encountered.

LOL - how true. BTW, how old are you Tumbler? You come off sounding like a 13 year old. And if so, I am going to avoid BF2 (demo and retail) like the plague - there is nothing I hate more than playing online with a bunch of 13 year olds.

I can get my WW2 fix from other quality titles - CoD, Red Orchestra, and Enemy Territory

Re: TA
Jun 18, 2005, 13:12
Re: TA Jun 18, 2005, 13:12
Jun 18, 2005, 13:12

This is such awesome news! How I look forward to this. My game purchases for the next 18 months have been mapped out - Supreme Commander, any HL2 expansions and all Guild War expansions - more then enough to keep me happy for the forseeable future

Re: TA
Jun 18, 2005, 13:10
Re: TA Jun 18, 2005, 13:10
Jun 18, 2005, 13:10

Heh - if someone managed to get a Big Bertha operational and had enoguh juice in resources to power it, protecting your metal extractors was the least of your worries

Re: SCI-FI FANS
Jun 16, 2005, 16:49
Re: SCI-FI FANS Jun 16, 2005, 16:49
Jun 16, 2005, 16:49

Btw, I wouldn't start hopping just yet about Firefox going to sci fi.

FireFLY ..... FireFLY

Re: MS patches
Jun 16, 2005, 11:40
Re: MS patches Jun 16, 2005, 11:40
Jun 16, 2005, 11:40

I can only imagine what the 2405's like.

It is freaking amazing! Posted some screens I took in the pre-seering Ascalon while I was setting the LCD and making adjustments. Check them out - at their full resolution.

http://www.coldblackeyes.com/gallery/gandhi/

Jun 15, 2005, 15:55
Re: No subject Jun 15, 2005, 15:55
Jun 15, 2005, 15:55

It's not her EGO that people watch, you know

It actually her twin egos

Jun 15, 2005, 15:52
Re: MS patches Jun 15, 2005, 15:52
Jun 15, 2005, 15:52

Sounds like a false positive, to me...did all your MS security patches install correctly?

I think they did, but I am not sure. Been very busy lately - mainly with my new toy, the Dell 2405 FPW - imagine playing Guild Wars at 1920 x 1200

But I will check it properly this weekend.

Jun 15, 2005, 15:23
Re: MS patches Jun 15, 2005, 15:23
Jun 15, 2005, 15:23

How'd you get infected with a virus unless you were surfing to other sites with it?

And where was your virus scanner?

Okay, may be I mis-phrased my problem a bit. I run Avast antivirus and it caught a trojan attempting to infect my computer while I was in the process of applying the latest MS patches. Avast caught it and I quarantined it.

I have not done a full system scan yet - will do it this weekend - but there definitely was a trojan. ANd I was not surfing on Exploder while the patches were being applied. Windows Update locks up Exploder while the patches are being downloaded and applied, unless one opens another window of Exploder, which I was not. Nor did I have Firefix open.

Jun 15, 2005, 13:57
Re: No subject Jun 15, 2005, 13:57
Jun 15, 2005, 13:57

wait....u liked catwoman?.......hahaha.....seriously?

I think he was referring to Michele Pfieffer in Batman 2, not Hally Berry in Catwoman

1266 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 12.
Newer [  1    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    64  ] Older