Total Posts
1266 (Pro)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

1266 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 11.
Newer [  1    6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21    64  ] Older

Re: Keyboard
Aug 1, 2005, 20:14
Re: Keyboard Aug 1, 2005, 20:14
Aug 1, 2005, 20:14

What I want to know is how a OOTB post about Saitek keyboard gets derailed in to a full on flame war about "clash of the civilizations" (TM).

Sometimes I think it is a good thing that my employer no longer allows me to access Blues at work.

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

Re: Hoping for a sequel
Aug 1, 2005, 20:03
Re: Hoping for a sequel Aug 1, 2005, 20:03
Aug 1, 2005, 20:03

I for one am glad there are simple click games like D2 available. Do you seriously think a beginner gamer wanting to check out PC gaming will be encouraged if they pick up a hot selling PC game like BF2 (and cannot get it to work as designed because of bugs), or Doom 3 (and cannot get it to run properly because of high hardware requirements)?

I am glad D2 was around. Got my wife in to gaming. Now she has moved on to Guild Wars. Will be introducing her to FPS gaming soon enough.

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

Re: GG BFG
Jul 28, 2005, 21:02
Re: GG BFG Jul 28, 2005, 21:02
Jul 28, 2005, 21:02

Are u nuts Blue?!!!! It's a reference card. May be, just may be, it has some prototype GPU on it. At least try to over clock that sucker to see if it is special before you send it to BFG.

Re: IGN Rockstar Interview...
Jul 21, 2005, 20:03
Re: IGN Rockstar Interview... Jul 21, 2005, 20:03
Jul 21, 2005, 20:03

Somebody tell Chris Taylor to stop pimping POS 2 and get on with Supreme COmmander.

No, let him pimp DS2 as much as possbile. GPG needs to sell as many copies of DS2 as they possbily can, so that they have enough funding to develope Supreme Commander and not rush it out.

Re: Gates
Jul 19, 2005, 19:42
Re: Gates Jul 19, 2005, 19:42
Jul 19, 2005, 19:42

Gates et al is more likely complaining about not having high level talent in the future. Sure they ship the entry level jobs to India, but I think they are talking about the upcoming shortage of upper crust CS professionals.

Of course, no one is really born with CS genes. You have to start at the bottom and work your way up.

Mouse
Jul 13, 2005, 21:20
Mouse Jul 13, 2005, 21:20
Jul 13, 2005, 21:20

I would recommend the mouse. I have basically the wireless version of that mouse - MX 710 - and it does a fine job in FPS games. I would recommend getting the wireless version myself, but if you dont want to deal with recharging batteries, then the 510 would do fine. But the batteries definitely give a nice weight to the mouse that I think helps when it comes to gaming - the mouse does not fly all over the place in the heat of battle since it is heavier then the wired version.

Re: Asshole
Jul 13, 2005, 14:00
Re: Asshole Jul 13, 2005, 14:00
Jul 13, 2005, 14:00

I don't know what's worse, that Blue's is the only place reporting on Romero or that the people here will harp on him so ruthlessly.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/633/633081p1.html
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=5919
http://www.actiontrip.com/
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/07/13/news_6128946.html
http://www.gamefaction.com/article.php?story=20050713111628554
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=10100
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=121800
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/gossip/romero-confirms-leaving-midway-112317.php

A simple Google search suggests the latter

This comment was edited on Jul 13, 14:02.

Re: No subject
Jul 13, 2005, 07:54
Re: No subject Jul 13, 2005, 07:54
Jul 13, 2005, 07:54

WoW at least is fun AND it has content...unlike Guildwars.

GW has no content?! Hmmm, that's news to me. All this while over the last two months, I thought I was looking at beautiful environments, questing, completing missions and bonuses with a team of other players. I did not know GW did not have content. Thanks for pointing that out.

Re: SO!?
Jul 12, 2005, 12:23
Re: SO!? Jul 12, 2005, 12:23
Jul 12, 2005, 12:23

Meh - I have just come to the conclusion that Halsy is a troll. I just ignore him and leave it at that.

Jul 11, 2005, 12:24
Re: No subject Jul 11, 2005, 12:24
Jul 11, 2005, 12:24

Speaking of BF2, I wonder if what the latest Penny Arcade says is true about the problems since the latest patch?

Re: Well
Jul 9, 2005, 13:25
Re: Well Jul 9, 2005, 13:25
Jul 9, 2005, 13:25

ID created the PDA, the video and audio logs, the atmosphere and asthetic.

No, id tried to steal it from System Shock 1 and 2, and failed miserably. I am still hoping someone will create a SS2 mod using D3 and redeem my investment in this worthless game.

Re: DNF Syndrome.....
Jul 8, 2005, 11:50
Re: DNF Syndrome..... Jul 8, 2005, 11:50
Jul 8, 2005, 11:50

STALKER and DNF, sitting in a tree ....

Kay Eye Es Es Eye En Gee ....

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 11:51.

AV software
Jul 8, 2005, 10:58
AV software Jul 8, 2005, 10:58
Jul 8, 2005, 10:58

What AV are you using Blue? I use Avast at home and am quite happy with it. I have heard good things about AVG as as well. Both are free.

Jul 8, 2005, 10:55
Re: No subject Jul 8, 2005, 10:55
Jul 8, 2005, 10:55

Halsy -

If you feel that strongly about America and how bad it is, I suggest you move out of the country. I believe a commune in North Korea would be perfect for you. I am sure they will happily allow you to criticize their regime like you do here.

I am NOT saying everything the US does is altruistic. In fact, I would not want the US govt to spend my tax dollars unless there is some return on that investment. What I am saying is that you need to quit whining about how everything the US does is evil.

P.S. You are still a jackass. Get your head out of your ass, you pompous self-absorbed asshole.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 10:55.

Jul 7, 2005, 17:33
Re: No subject Jul 7, 2005, 17:33
Jul 7, 2005, 17:33

We're damned if we do anything to build democratic nations and we're damned if we don't.

That pretty much nails it. Unless and until BOTH the government/politicians and the people in general work together in wanting change and improving their condition, no amount of foreign aid will help. The change needs to come from within, not outside.

I still say invading Iraq was a big blunder. US should have focused on Afghanistan and rooting out terrorist cells around the world. Saddam, as bad as he was, should have been left alon - let sleeping dogs lie where they are. But now that it is done, we have to stay there and make sure Iraq does not become another failed state like Afghanistan was.

Jul 7, 2005, 17:04
Re: No subject Jul 7, 2005, 17:04
Jul 7, 2005, 17:04

To Halsy:

LOL! I never thought a liberal like me would be attacked by another liberal. Halsy, you are such a close minded jackass.

Anyways ....

Really? And what, pray tell, is this so-called "hidden" agenda?

The hidden agenda is to basically turn the world into a Sharia-like society run by a Taliban-like regime.

Finish the job? LOL! What exactly does that mean? So much like Vietnam, other countries don't have the right (never mind the responsibility) of self-determination, but it's ok for the U.S. to illegally invade for its own self-interest if you think it's good? I'm all for ousting tyrants, but altruism isn't what's going on in Iraq.

Sure other countries have the right to self-determination. Except that they are run by tyrants who like to see Americans. I was against invading Iraq, but now we have to remain there and make sure things get better instead of leaving it in the mess that it is in. And do not forget that a lot of the problems were created by Saddam except that he surpressed them by brutal force - Sunni-Shiite tensions, delapidated infrastructure, etc.

Indeed they do, but I forgot the part of how that's our problem or what that has to do with us? Nevermind the fact that these guys are an absolute minority and that dream is exactly all it will ever be, a dream - except from an economic standpoint. Which is what it's all about and ever been about, there or any other place on the globe when it comes to the U.S. "helping" all the poor, confused people out.

It is our problem because nutcase regimes like the Taliban harbor and nurture terrorist organization to attack America and the West in general. Absolute minority have a way of seizing power and consolidating it - Saddam in Iraq, the mullahs in Iran, Saudi royals, Mogabe in Zimbabwe, Arafat in Palestine, Kim Jong Il in N.Korea, etc. And don't say the US props ALL these guys up and keeps them in power.

Yes and the fact that we collectively allow our governments to act in a way which foments that kind of extremism has nothing to do with it, does it?

The U.S.' own action, both direct and indirect (support for totalitarian regimes for its own self-interests) has seen the murder of a good 10 million people or so post WWII, but that doesn't factor into any of this at all, does it?

Untill the people wake up and get educated to understand the whys of all of this, nothing will change. But hey, don't let the facts stand in the way of your ranting and desire for revenge, it's preciesely what the elites want anyway. You're no different than the rest of the clowns down the decades who were always foaming at the mouth about the godless, heathen commies and the worldwide communist conspiracy intended to put us all under the yoke of communism.

Do not forget that it was the massive aid from the US that enabled to recover from the shambles of WW2. And bring Japan back up to standing on its feet. The Soviet Union and the commies were no angels when it came to humanitarianism. I have no desire to be part of the commie way. It's been tried before and the eagerness and glee with which former Soviet republics are rejecting communism and embracing capitalism is proof enough. Yes, capitalism has its problems, but it is heck of a lot more desirable then the alternatives.

PS - Did I mention you are a jack ass Halsy?

This comment was edited on Jul 7, 17:06.

Jul 7, 2005, 15:10
Re: No subject Jul 7, 2005, 15:10
Jul 7, 2005, 15:10

Am I the only one that thinks this is funny, as if Gabe will actually have to buy this game.

Fat chance (no pun intended ) of that happening

Jul 7, 2005, 15:04
Re: No subject Jul 7, 2005, 15:04
Jul 7, 2005, 15:04

The sad and stupid thing is, the G8 is actually TALKING about the problems in Africa and other underdeveloped countries, and how they could potentially be tackled.

If any cunthole terrorist would actually pick up a fucking newspaper every now and then, maybe they would have realised this.

Creston (and others) -

Do you seriously think Al Qaida and like terrorist groups are thinking about the benefit of the poor in Arab nations? No, the only thing they want is for the whole world to submit to their ideology. Hijacking the freedom struggle of millions in the Middle East and Africa is just a convenient vehicle for them to progress their hidden agenda.

I was against the invasion of Iraq (still am, but now that we are there, we have to finish the job). But let's get one thing straight - Al Qaida is NOT interested in helping the Palestinians or anyone achieve true democracy in thier country. They want to impose a Taliban-like state across all of the middle east - from the western tip of Saharan Africa all the way to Indonesia - combine it into one empire/super state, under the yoke of strict (I would say backward) Islamic fundamentalist regime along the lines of Taliban and Saudi Arabia's Sharia.

The fact that Al Qaida has so many ready recruits willing to die is because their youth have no hope for the future and are more then ahppy to die in exchange for the false promise of "seven virgin brides in heaven"

These cunthole terrorists read the newspaper and know precisely what they are doing.

Re:
Jul 7, 2005, 13:07
Re: Jul 7, 2005, 13:07
Jul 7, 2005, 13:07

Wasnt SiN the one were you could watch her masturbate in a hot tub

May be, don't remember. But at least this time around it will be done with an accurate physics model - no faking orgasms this time

Re: Amusing...
Jul 7, 2005, 12:38
Re: Amusing... Jul 7, 2005, 12:38
Jul 7, 2005, 12:38

Not good enough! I want screenies of Elexis' boobies dammit! Either that or some interactive simulation along the lines of this - http://www.planetdan.net/pics/misc/tetka.html

This comment was edited on Jul 7, 12:41.

1266 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 11.
Newer [  1    6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21    64  ] Older