Total Posts
1266 (Pro)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

1266 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 9.
Newer [  1    4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19    64  ] Older

Re: No subject
Sep 12, 2005, 17:41
Re: No subject Sep 12, 2005, 17:41
Sep 12, 2005, 17:41

I thouroughly enjoyed playing through HL2. It was my GOTY for last year. It was not as good as the original though - mainly for one reason - the AI in the first one seemed and played superior. The bad guys in the second one simply rushed you. In the first one, they were more likely to stalk you.

But other then the AI for the baddies, the sequel had all the elements that made the first one so enjoyable. My vote for greatest game of all time would go to the System Shock series.

But HL2 is an enjoyable game. I look forward to future chapters.

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra/Ele lvl 20), Shiva Sung (Mo/Me lvl 20), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa/Ne lvl 8)

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

Sep 12, 2005, 16:53
Re: No subject Sep 12, 2005, 16:53
Sep 12, 2005, 16:53

I cant wait for the quality mods to start being released. Thouroughly enjoyed playing the Minerva mod this past weekend.

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra/Ele lvl 20), Shiva Sung (Mo/Me lvl 20), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa/Ne lvl 8)

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

Re: GotY?
Sep 8, 2005, 15:21
Re: GotY? Sep 8, 2005, 15:21
Sep 8, 2005, 15:21

Far Cry was it's closest competitor but it just didn't seem to have much "soul", for a lack of a better word.

Heh. Finally purchased FarCry this weekend to find out what the hype was all about. I would post my opinion on it but the FUCKING game wont go past the initial load screen and crashed. This after I applied the latest 1.33 patch.

Too bad I purchased it from Worst Buy and can no longer return it what are now five fancy coasters .

Re: Gotta love them liberals
Sep 8, 2005, 15:16
Re: Gotta love them liberals Sep 8, 2005, 15:16
Sep 8, 2005, 15:16

I think what we can all agree on is that network news is total fucking garbage. News is presented as entertainment rather than information to increase understanding.

EXACTLY why I gave up on all the network news (CNN and Fox included) a long time ago.

Sep 8, 2005, 15:14
Re: No subject Sep 8, 2005, 15:14
Sep 8, 2005, 15:14

Where do you get to the new zones from?

http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=updatemap0pk.jpg

Sep 8, 2005, 12:15
Re: No subject Sep 8, 2005, 12:15
Sep 8, 2005, 12:15

It took me literally half an hour and offering to 15 people to get rid of a pair of Superior Ranger Runes that I had on me.

I will take ALL the Superior Runes you dont want

Sep 8, 2005, 12:14
Re: No subject Sep 8, 2005, 12:14
Sep 8, 2005, 12:14

Now if I only had the time/energy this week...

Nobody has time and energy. You MAKE time and energy, SOLDIER!!! Chop, chop.

Re: Yay
Sep 7, 2005, 18:40
Re: Yay Sep 7, 2005, 18:40
Sep 7, 2005, 18:40

Never got in to the first two, but will have to check this one out. If it is any good, it will tide me over until Supreme Commander comes out.

Re: Lesbians
Sep 7, 2005, 15:21
Re: Lesbians Sep 7, 2005, 15:21
Sep 7, 2005, 15:21

Exploring Communities, Questions and Concerns of Lesbian Video Gamers.

Lesbian video gamers - talk about a niche group. LOL!

Re: great
Sep 7, 2005, 15:17
Re: great Sep 7, 2005, 15:17
Sep 7, 2005, 15:17

Hmmmm ... gameplay of SS2 and Deus Ex in the Source engine? For free?! I will have to check this out.

Sep 6, 2005, 20:50
Re: No subject Sep 6, 2005, 20:50
Sep 6, 2005, 20:50

Children and pets dont mix well. Seen and heard too many horror stories to ignore that opinion.

Re: Once again
Sep 6, 2005, 20:43
Re: Once again Sep 6, 2005, 20:43
Sep 6, 2005, 20:43

do you actually play FPS's with a ball mouse? How is that working out?

Certainly not in GW, if reports from fellow BluesNewsers is anything to go by

*ducks*

Re: Once again
Sep 6, 2005, 20:04
Re: Once again Sep 6, 2005, 20:04
Sep 6, 2005, 20:04

*cue Charlton Heston voice*

Solyent Green LED is people!

Sep 6, 2005, 16:53
Re: No subject Sep 6, 2005, 16:53
Sep 6, 2005, 16:53

I used the Logitech MX Duo / MX700 wireless keyboard mouse combo for over 2 years without any problems. Now being used on my wife's computer and still going strong.

I switched to the newer MX3100 wireless keyboard/mouse combo and I have not had any problems in over a month of heavy (Guild Wars ) use. I have not noticed any problems with sensitivity or response. Of course, I don't crank up the sensitivity that high either

Re: Direct to X
Sep 6, 2005, 11:42
Re: Direct to X Sep 6, 2005, 11:42
Sep 6, 2005, 11:42

"Ordered" me free copy of Linspire. I will download the ISO when all the hoopla dies down in a few weeks and play around with it.

Re: Money
Sep 1, 2005, 17:26
Re: Money Sep 1, 2005, 17:26
Sep 1, 2005, 17:26

SOFTWARE problem, yeah. Hardware problem, though, get the tech to come out and figure it out. Ofcourse, proving that it IS a hardware problem is somewhat more difficult.

Getting a tech to come out and look at your computer requires that you purchase that $300-$00 extended warranty. I would rather keep that money for a graphics card upgrade.

Like I said, buy quality components, and you will be fine. I assembled my first computer in Fall 2003 - it is still running fine, and I believe with the last graphics card upgrade a month ago (X800 XT AIW ;)), it will serve me for another two years, easy.

After that I will keep most of my components and just update what is necessary. That is another advantage of building your own rig - you can keep most of the components that dont change much, and use them for the next system. Things like the case, case fans, DVD players and burners, floppy drives, HDDs (I have S-ATA drives), etc.

If I were to upgrade today, all I would need is new CPU, motherboard, and PCI-E graphics card - I can carry over ALL my other components. Try doing that with a Dell

Sep 1, 2005, 17:02
Re: Money Sep 1, 2005, 17:02
Sep 1, 2005, 17:02

4) If you tell your friends you built your own system, you'll then be tech support for them for life

Including all your hawt female friends. I would never have a problem if a hot female friend asked me to come over to her house in the middle of the night to help her with the computer Besides, if you are worried about friends calling you for tech support, just lie to your friends and tell them you purchased the computer from a local store.

As to your other concerns, buy quality components from a reputable place. I bought all my parts from NewEgg. I beat Dell by $500 by building my own system. Did not have a dud, and NewEgg is great to deal with.

There is nothing to goof up anyways. You assemble the parts together as designed - there are plenty of quality guides out there on the internet. And if there is a software problem, PLEASE, don't tell me computer vendors are helpful.

I have a ThinkPad laptop, and when it was under warranty, anytime there was a software problem and I called them, their solution to fixing the problem was almost always to "use the recovery CD." As in, wipe hard drive clean and start from scratch. Tech support from computer vendors is not a key selling point for me.

Re: New Orleans
Sep 1, 2005, 15:30
Re: New Orleans Sep 1, 2005, 15:30
Sep 1, 2005, 15:30

Can we please start giving hurricanes names like Satan, Cthulhu, Lucifer, Baphomet and such? Besides, it sounds more ominous too. "Hurricane Lucifer is bearing down on NO, city evacuated!"

ROTFL!

Sep 1, 2005, 14:58
Re: Money Sep 1, 2005, 14:58
Sep 1, 2005, 14:58

After having supported their piece of shit machinery for around 8 months now, I will never EVER recommend anyone buy a Dell.

That is why I recommend to build your own rig. I can probably build TWO top line desktops with the $4500 compared to one Voodoo PC.

Build your own rig - you will learn a lot about computers and save a lot of money in the process.

Sep 1, 2005, 14:28
Re: Money Sep 1, 2005, 14:28
Sep 1, 2005, 14:28

Dont buy PCs from outfits like Voodoo and Alienware. Build your own and save your money.

Unless you dont have the motivation or technical aptitude, in which case do what Beamer said and buy a Dell.

1266 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 9.
Newer [  1    4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19    64  ] Older