Descending
Limit Results:

6 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Medal of Honor Reviews
Feb 1, 2002, 00:45
Medal of Honor Reviews Feb 1, 2002, 00:45
Feb 1, 2002, 00:45

I keep seeing all these reviewers give MoH really high marks, and I just don't get it. After playing the demos and reading all the hype I couldn't wait to get the game, but once I started playing it I couldn't help but feel that something important was missing. At first I couldn't put my finger on it, but it suddenly dawned on me: I just wasn't having much fun.

Maybe I was expecting too much after all the hype, but to me the single-player is far too scripted. I feel like I'm being pushed down a path instead of making any choices on my own. Add the insane way enemies spawn, the uncanny accuracy and rapid fire of snipers with bolt action rifles (they can also apparently shoot through walls), and the inability to actually be quiet and *sneak* up on anyone, and I feel like the game is playing me instead of the other way around.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a game worth playing. I just don't understand why the reviewers don't mention the bad along with the good. I had really high hopes for this one, and I have to admit I was more than a little disappointed.

Re: THE SP DEMO ROCKS!
Jan 8, 2002, 19:14
Re: THE SP DEMO ROCKS! Jan 8, 2002, 19:14
Jan 8, 2002, 19:14

Yeah! What JeffK said!!

Re: SpyWare
Jan 4, 2002, 01:10
Re: SpyWare Jan 4, 2002, 01:10
Jan 4, 2002, 01:10

I got Ad-aware and did a search. I had WebHancer and Aureate both installed - not to mention a bunch of cookies *sigh*. At least they're gone for now.

Thanks for the info!

Re: Anyone else notice this?
Jan 3, 2002, 17:43
Re: Anyone else notice this? Jan 3, 2002, 17:43
Jan 3, 2002, 17:43

Here's something else...
I installed the SP demo on one of our computers at work. As soon as I tried to run the program, the computer tried to connect to the net (via dial-up). The demo wouldn't even RUN without a net connection. I've already pre-ordered the retail game, and if it does the same thing I'm going to be pissed. In fact, I'd BETTER be able to run the single-player game with Gamespy Arcade uninstalled, or it's going BACK to EA.

P.s. Anybody know any good proggies to search for spyware?

Anyone else notice this?
Jan 2, 2002, 23:48
Anyone else notice this? Jan 2, 2002, 23:48
Jan 2, 2002, 23:48

Is anyone else noticing UDP port probes occuring when you run the SP demo? At first I thought it was just a coincedence, but I've repeated it several times now. BlackIce Defender is showing probes from aa3.gamespy.com & aa4.gamespy.com the two times I've run the SP demo tonight. What's that about?

Edit: Hey, I'm a BearCub! How cool is that!!

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 23:50.

I like it
Dec 20, 2001, 00:38
I like it Dec 20, 2001, 00:38
Dec 20, 2001, 00:38

I'm no big fan of EA, but I'll be buying this one. Although the lag is unbearable on Gamespy Arcade with over 4-5 people playing, I'm sure that once dedicated servers are set up a lot of that will go away.

As far as the game being "realistic" - I've never played one that was. I sell guns for a living, and I still got a hoot out of firing the game version of the Garand and the '03. The major thing for me is the fun factor, and there's lots to be enjoyed here. I can't wait to try out the single player.

6 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older