Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Eric

Real Name Eric   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname EricFate
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 20, 2001, 15:52
Total Comments 186 (Novice)
User ID 11666

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life Black Mesa Xen This Summer
15. Re: Half-Life Black Mesa Xen This Summer Nov 1, 2016, 21:05 EricFate

Did anyone honestly miss Xen? It was the worst part of the original game.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 PC Delay; Specs
15. Re: Watch Dogs 2 PC Delay; Specs Oct 19, 2016, 05:23 EricFate

Sepharo wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 22:11:
Does anyone even want this game?
No. But they'll market the everloving crap out of it and move as many units as they did with the original steaming pile of crap.

That being said, the DLC for that steaming pile, Bad Blood? Actually made it worth owning. So if you pick it up on clearance and just play through those levels, then you might actually have fun.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 20, 2016, 20:56 EricFate

Hey, those Oracle guys really dropped the ball when we gave them several billion dollars. I bet now that we've gotten them to agree to support future projects for nothing that they'll do a MUCH better job.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2016, 17:45 EricFate

As it turns out, Die Antwoord is not breaking up. It turns out that Daryl Keating is just a shitty reporter, and then the rest of the industry decided to run with the story rather than fact check.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/09/no-die-antwoord-is-not-breaking-up/

News Comments > ARK Expansion Follow-up
25. Re: ARK Expansion Follow-up Sep 7, 2016, 07:23 EricFate

justice7 wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 10:37:
i think most of the hate for this game is completely unfounded. It's easily one of the best survival games, period. Tweak your graphics options, you CAN run this game well.

Problem is, running well does not do anything to solve the myriad of other problems with game balance, world geometry, janky PvP (once free - now not), janky building interface, and endless server lag issues.

Instead of polishing the turd, they just keep sprinkling more corn on it. And now the corn costs an extra $20.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 31, 2016, 12:15 EricFate

Cutter wrote on Jul 30, 2016, 00:27:
So yet again we see the real problem are the CC companies and the payment processors/banks, not G2A. And if the fucking devs/pubs weren't so greedy and trying to screw some people over with regional pricing places like G2A wouldn't even exist. They're not the problem here.

Riiiight. The indie with the $3 game is really gouging people with that regional pricing. And the company that isn't properly validating that the keys being sold were legally obtained, is not.

No, I think YOU are actually the real problem here.

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Free Weekend
11. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Free Weekend Jul 29, 2016, 07:38 EricFate

Acleacius wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 23:08:
So is this pvp or pve? I see Coop on the site, but you can never tell these days, the way some developers lie. I can deal with public pve servers, which require agreement to duel. But I'm sure they hell not interested in a gankfest.

Pseudo PVP. You can battle other players, but the instant you play on a public server it just becomes an endless cycle of 'wait until the other guy logs off, then gank him'.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Starbound
8. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Starbound Jul 23, 2016, 15:13 EricFate

I'm glad they finally finished it. I look forward to playing it once modders go through and systematically remove all the changes that made it stop being fun.  

News Comments > Nuka Time is Last DLC for Fallout 4
4. Re: Nuka Time is Last DLC for Fallout 4 Jul 5, 2016, 22:30 EricFate

Glad I didn't get the Season Pass, then.  

News Comments > ShinyLoot "Dormant" - GOG.com Rescues Sword of the Stars: The Pit
4. Re: ShinyLoot Jul 1, 2016, 08:14 EricFate

Considering how unceremoniously they dumped multiplayer and online support for the original Sword of the Stars (the one that people actually used to play), I'm amazed they took even this step with one of the earlier bastard stepchildren.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 29, 2016, 08:29 EricFate

"Developer says Activision had Valve pull its game from Steam over allegedly stolen Call of Duty guns."

More like:

"Shitty development house with a history of stolen assets generates publicity for failed title to generate sympathy sales for other failed products during Steam Sale."

Lest we forget. Same company.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer
24. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer Jun 26, 2016, 23:35 EricFate

The last one was a fun game to play through when it hit the $10 discount bin, I am sure this one will be the same.  

News Comments > It came from E3 2016, Part 3
12. Re: It came from E3 2016, Part 3 Jun 19, 2016, 03:04 EricFate

Remember six months ago when Palmer Lucky wrote:

"If customers buy a game from us, I don't care if they mod it to run on whatever they want. As I have said a million times (and counter to the current circlejerk), our goal is not to profit by locking people to only our hardware - if it was, why in the world would we be supporting GearVR and talking with other headset makers? The software we create through Oculus Studios (using a mix of internal and external developers) are exclusive to the Oculus platform, not the Rift itself."?

Apparently, neither does he.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jun 13, 2016, 23:14 EricFate

Fallout Shelter. The game which helps you curb any potential gameplay addiction by implementing a 100% save game corruption rate. Wait, what, that's not a feature? Well, screw fixing it, just pile in some more content and microtransactions.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jun 13, 2016, 20:46 EricFate

I thought about clicking that, but then I realized I stopped giving a shit about anything Notch has to say about anything quite a while ago.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore’s Revenge
9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore’s Revenge Jun 4, 2016, 02:54 EricFate

Should we write a new companion and give him an interesting story hook? Hell no, just grab one of the Imperial companions and shoehorn him into the Republic plot. No one will notice.  

News Comments > Minecraft Advertising Crackdown
4. Re: Minecraft Advertising Crackdown Jun 1, 2016, 06:42 EricFate

So, no more of this kind of shit?

I'm fine with that.

News Comments > OUTCAST - Second Contact Announced
14. Re: OUTCAST - Second Contact Announced May 30, 2016, 11:34 EricFate

I don't need a remake -- I played the original. Recently, in fact. It still holds up. I'd rather have "The Lost Paradise". The sequel that never got finished.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. May 19, 2016, 16:28 EricFate

Richard Hilleman has been replaced by a clone that was grown using Richard Hilleman DNA and then dressed up in a new outfit. The clone will only answer to Richard Hilleman 2016, and will expire in 365 days.  

News Comments > Acer Partners for StarVR
41. Re: Acer Partners for StarVR May 16, 2016, 20:43 EricFate

I'm just impressed that they actually have some products in their lineup that people are willing to defend. That has been a long time coming, and I hope that trend continues. All of my previous experience with the brand has been that their products were absolute garbage, to the point where we refused to support them any longer, because even the replacement parts we would get after an RMA would be cheap garbage.  

186 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo