Quinn wrote on Oct 22, 2016, 20:39:
I need you guys right now...
I'm between not caring enough to google research and caring enough to type this:
How the hell do I get coins or dropboxes or whatever? I'm leveling up but I'm not getting any stuff! I feel like I'm in a HORRIBLE disadvantage as I die during every single encounter with an enemy. I mean, my "shooter skill resume" says I'm above average and that's why I find it hard to accept many of the deaths I'm experiencing during BF1. I really miss the killcam because normally these show that inexplicable deaths are due to latency or dumb luck..
Too many times by now I had the enemy at a disadvantage and yet they just oneshot me with their crazy-as-fuck accurate weapon. If there's one thing I'm certain of is that my accuracy is way above average (my patience sucks ergo so do my tactical approaches) and I cannot accept a death against an enemy where I had the advantage over.
If anyone can shine some light on that or give me BF tips, I would greatly appreciate it.
Slick wrote on Oct 22, 2016, 06:14:Paranoid Jack wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 22:33:
@Slick You are correct that light tank with the howitzer and machine gun is a beast. And I agree with the others saying the KB&M plane controls the way they are set up are horrible. I literally have to spin my track ball repeatedly to turn with any speed. I may get my old joystick out and dust it off when I get tired of tanking and infantry.
how did everyone miss this? trackball!? link me.
Slick wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 15:13:
So here's the Slickdown:
1) make sure to click "continue" asap on the end of round score screen, this means you'll start loading the next map right away, and you'll have the best chance to nab the light tank at the start of the next round.
2) Howitzer light tank is the best all-rounder. coax MG for infantry, and the strongest AT cannon on any armor. Also! remember your abilities in vehicles, pressing 3 and 4 do things! In the howitzer tank, your 3 gives you an instant 30 health! This is how you can become unstoppable.
3) Medic = Seblstlader Marksman
Support = MG15 suppressive or BAR telescopic
Recon = Get to recon level 10 by any means possible, and unlock the Martini-Henry. It's a rail gun.
assault = not sure, it's the only class i haven't unlocked all the guns yet, I think the lvl 10 assault gun is good, lots of people are using it.
4) use your gifts! there's lots of gadgets, take the time to figure out how they all work for every class. Just like a fighter or moba, knowing how other kits work (even if you don't play them yourself) will help you take them down.
5) don't just automatically hold down space when you die, i know it's a "fuuuck" reflex, but A) it doesn't make you respawn any faster, and B) you're not giving the medics a chance to rez you. look in the bottom-left corner of your screen when you're dead, you'll see if there's any medics closeby, and if any are heading your way, then make an informed decision.
6) PTFO. You get a HUGE point bonus for winning, or for doing "good" at the end of a match. I've seen 2.5x multipliers, or just 1.0x multipliers. Don't worry about your KDR as much, just challenge yourself to figure out the maps and find some spots that work for you.
BTW I totally broke 100 kills in a match last night ^_^ 102-7 or something like that. I have a screenie of 99-5, but i forgot to take the screenies after I broke 100.
xXStellarDadXx wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 15:09:
Damnit....ea servers down...gotta play single player for now...
Saboth wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 13:39:El Pit wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 13:23:
It's good to see Divinity: Original Sin 2 up there. If it is as good as the first one, I will be very happy with that they have done with my kickstarter money!
I recall last time it paid to wait (if you are looking to save money). I believe I saved about $10 over Steam's release price by going to GMG right when the game was released. I think there were other deals as well, so people that preordered ended up paying more than everyone else that waited, and they were not happy. Larian has given deep discounts depending on if you own their previous games. I'm not sure if they'll do that again.
NasWulf wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 12:35:
I hate to say it .. but damn it , slick and even cutter are right on this one
Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 10:17:
The hypocrisy in this thread and on this topic in general is sickening, to say the least.
WaltC wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 09:53:
Anyone who would ostracize another person because of his choice of presidential candidate is a jackass in my view (and I don't mean anyone in this thread because I haven't read it.) ~~~~~ Any developer who would ostracize customers simply because he doesn't like their choice of presidential candidate is a fool. I don't intend to argue this. There is nothing to argue.
DangerDog wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 04:50:Slick wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 21:47:
I know I'm going way off topic, but I enjoy Keith Olbermann, he's articulate, perceptive, and unlike most liberal democrats, seems to have the ability to actually get MAD at the shit that should be making people MAD.
Watch this, and tell me what in the hell is going on in America:
Funny Olbermann doesn't mention when Clinton brought up the potential assassination of Obama as a reason why she stayed in the race in 08.
Here's what's going on in America. Clinton was suppose to go up against Jeb. It was suppose to be a cakewalk for her because nobody was going to vote for another Bush. Hell, even Barbara Bush knew it and said it.
Trump of course threw that plan into chaos.
When Trump gives campaign speeches he's tapping into the same tribal instincts that propels Americas love affair with sports, his unscripted, often politically incorrect statements resonates with many people as someone willing to speak their mind and not be afraid of offending someone.
If what you read is true though Clinton has the "electoral vote" locked down for her, there's like 24 states where the electoral college can pick anyone they want. Trump will probably win the popular vote but she'll end up winning the electoral vote.