1) The Server Browser/Battle Log: I have not liked their server browser or the fact that you can only customize your character while in a game for the last several games. It works but always seems to be lacking year after year. As far as keeping highlight scores I have yet to figure out what if any screenshot button exists within the game/browser so I just snap a photo with my cellphone. Surprised they have not improved on the browser for so very long. My main complaint is being locked in or waiting on the browser to get you in game just so that you can exit. Sometimes if you tap ESC an exit/quit option appears other times it does not.
2) To spend war bonds and/or customize everything from your planes/tanks to your classes what I do is pick an empty server and join it. At the screen where you choose which class and what vehicle you want to play as pick the vehicle/class then near the bottom left corner a customize button appears. Click that and your kit appears along the left side of the screen. Click each item separately and explore the options available depending on your levels and bonds to spend.
If you are picking an item that will cost you bonds to unlock it will show the price in the green square and if you click that item it will confirm with you that you want to spend xxx amount on the unlock. If it has no green price tag it is not yet ready to unlock due to your level. Again both player and class levels open more/better options so don't waste all your bonds unlocking all the early weapons. The best advice is to pay attention to the weapons others are killing you with. That way you will have some idea of which weapons are the best out of the lot. Also if you kill an enemy pick up their kit so that you can try out the weapons/items they have.
3) Your war bonds go into a pool so you can spend them however you like. While in a tank or plane you have a pilot/driver kit and they have different unlocks too not to mention unlocks for different versions of the vehicle.
4) Have not used the cavalry much nor have I seen anyone throwing anything other than anti tank grenades while horseback.
5) As far as I know there is only one speed in a tank, slow, and it is a bit too slow. I guess they wanted to gimp their movement or make them more vulnerable since infantry can outrun a tank in most cases. There may be a second gear or a faster speed by holding or tapping a key but I have yet to find it.
I had another great moment on the Scar map last night. The enemy was losing because they were all trying to hang back and snipe from a distance. I came down the hill with the windmill (A) towards the ruins of the church (B) which was being heavily fought over. I decided to flank left toward the open farmlands. I came over the small hill with the large tree and saw half a dozen enemy troops lying in craters on the edge of the field sniping at our team inside the ruins. So I circled behind them and starting killing them one by one with my hatchet. I had just killed my fourth sniper when someone got wise and shot me. The end of the round my squad ranking was dogtag hunter.
Oh, one last thing... there is now an app for that. EA has an app for your smart device which will allow you to customize your character classes from outside of the game. Still wish they would have figured this out years ago. They keep forcing you to choose between getting into the action or taking the time to figure out the customization options. Hell, I still have no idea where you change your dogtags at... This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2016, 20:57.