Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1995 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition
39. Re: Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition Feb 7, 2016, 23:54 Paranoid Jack

There is a nice mod that holds the count down timer on missions until you lose concealment. I find it much better since it allows me to play stealthy until I am ready to go loud. I agree with the use of grenades since they are a great way of removing cover and armor. But I try to always kill with gun so I can get those loot drops. They make a bit of a difference by buffing your guns.

There are a lot of mods out already. You can tweak your starting stats and even give your squads strong rifles which can make the game far too easy on lower difficulty levels. The beauty of it is that it is so very easy to mod.

So find your sweet spot with some mods and restart the game... enjoy one of the best turn based games to date. Yeah, I love it. So many sweet little touches. I have the president as a grenadier and the game nicknamed him Junkyard. Too funny. Also got several other characters from the real world and movies. Fun times.

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2016, 00:00.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > XCOM 2 Invades
33. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 6, 2016, 00:52 Paranoid Jack

More of the same (plus so much more) is utterly fantastic in this case. Going to be playing this game a lot. Loving it. What they have done with the modding this time around is just so sweet. I hope they are working on the expansion... yes, already.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 4, 2016, 23:50 Paranoid Jack

They are trying to give away TV services for free with broadband activation's here in California. My guess it is a feeble attempt at inflating their falling consumer numbers. Hard to ask for the same rate on commercials when their user base is declining so sharply. And since advertisements are their big money they are taking a hit.  

News Comments > Dark Souls 3 Footage
2. Re: Dark Souls 3 Footage Feb 4, 2016, 23:41 Paranoid Jack

Just 720p HD .... oh, the inhumanity of it.

Still, I can hardly wait.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Free Update
2. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Free Update Feb 2, 2016, 23:12 Paranoid Jack

Including this map there are now just six maps is that correct?  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 1, 2016, 00:36 Paranoid Jack

Thanks for the info, Creston and Yifes. Hopefully their XCom 2 mod is as good as Long War was. I'll admit I got a bit over hyped for XCom 2 so I stopped watching the videos. I was starting to feel as if they were giving a bit too much info away. With XCom 2, The Division, and then Dark Souls 3 all back to back I am going to be having a great time gaming.

Shok, thanks for the heads up. I haven't play Grim Dawn in years. I better take another look.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 31, 2016, 18:00 Paranoid Jack

InBlack wrote on Jan 31, 2016, 17:46:
Man I can't wait for XCOM2. Been itching to play something new thats also pretty decent so I hope it delivers.

Oh, yeah can hardly wait. Got a three day weekend set up. I bought the game plus season pass for just under $55 off GMG. Looking forward to a couple hundred hours of game play over the next few years. Have you heard what they have up thier sleeves as far as the Long War modders? I think they have a mod in the works already.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 31, 2016, 17:10 Paranoid Jack

Playing the Division on the PS4 Beta and loving almost every minute of it. Think I may get it on the PC but using an XBONE controller via USB. Glad I gave it a chance because it's a great mixture of 3rd person shooterand MMO. I ran the dark zone solo for hours and had a blast. Got ganked half a dozen times but most of those were idiots killing me while attaching my extraction bag of contaminated goodie.

I had a 2nd character at level 7 with a dark zone level of 11 going on 12 after about five or six hours. Of course you're starting at level 4 upon entering the beta area. You can level in the dark zone fast. And yeah while shooting rogue agents you sometime get flagged as rogue yourself. Think it's a bug.

Last night I started a third character and used the match making and went dark zone. It is drop in drop out if you don't have it set to friends only.

Had a blast hope the servers are still up when I get off today.

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2016, 09:47 Paranoid Jack

What we are forgeting about... something which plays a huge part on how much you enjoy a game or anything else in life... and that is your state of mind. Your state of mind effects your emotions and perceptions. Maybe it's just here but he seems to be negative more than not concerning everything. Just saying it could be part of the problem.

I know in my case, I have been working long hours all month with only one day off to recoup so far. So of course I am falling asleep while trying to play Dark Arisen. That has nothing to do with the game. Though I'm at the point were Dragon's Dogma lack of fast travel is wearing thin. I still like the game... flaws and all to this point.

News Comments > No Mods for The Division; PC Specs Revealed
12. Re: No Mods for The Division; PC Specs Revealed Jan 23, 2016, 01:39 Paranoid Jack

I just saw this video trying to explain the whole Map-Gate issue. I will admit I'm not sure if the map/game size is going to be a problem. Seems like a lot of area to cover on foot. Especially if they have more than just one in ten buildings open for exploration. But I purposely pre-ordered from GameStop for the first time in years so that if the game feels flat while beta testing I can actually just say not today and cancel my pre-order.  

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 19, 2016, 00:15 Paranoid Jack

Sgt. Rock wrote on Jan 18, 2016, 14:23:
Quinn wrote on Jan 18, 2016, 10:23:
Personally I've become crazy excited for The Division by now. I'm also 80% certain Ubi won't deliver, and we'll look back at the footage they released thinking "What. The. Fuck? Did their computers + backup burn down so they had to restart from scratch a half year ago?".

They already cut up the map so the can sell the pieces as DLC:
the-divsion-2013-multiple-dark-zones-brooklyn-not-in-game.jpg

I als got a beta key from the Humble Bundle, so I'll see how much Ubishit fucked it up.

I noticed in the recently released Developer Backed Reviews that the map size was cut way down. I'm getting it for the co-op but the stupid full clip and a half to kill an enemy is just silly. Not sure how much I will play it but I will know more the last weekend of the month. If the beta is bad I can still back out of my GameStop purchase. The only good reason to use GameStop in my opinion.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 17, 2016, 21:07 Paranoid Jack

It is far from perfect no doubt. A lot of valid points but no deal breakers for me. Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PC is a great port of a console game roughly four years old. Originally released in 2012 and the expansion in 2013, so yeah, it has the Dark Arisen expansion plus a bit more. If you can get past little things that most would consider petty then you will enjoy it as a great mixture of jRPG/aRPG/eRPG. I got it for 25% off the Steam pre-order at GMG. So look for a code and grab it if you want. Watch Angry Joe's old review if you want a good/fair honest opinion on the game.

I first spotted it a couple years ago and was ready to buy a PS3 version when I checked the Plus games available list and was pleasantly surprised to find it there free. Having a blast. Using a XBone wired PC controler.

edit: here is a good review by a guy I have never heard of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxGO-eh3dkU

This comment was edited on Jan 17, 2016, 21:26.

23. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 14, 2016, 20:43 Paranoid Jack

So what you're saying is its okay for him/you to generalizing but not me? Also I've already said that I don't support their occupy movement nor am I talking about the Bundys. Where did I say any of that? I am referring to the local family not the people going there to occupy the office of the BLM.

And if you think thier arson charges are legit then there are a large number of US National Park Services employees that need to be sent to prison for five years each after thier control burns got out of control and burned government owned lands/national park lands.

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2016, 20:52.

19. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 14, 2016, 18:19 Paranoid Jack

descender wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 16:44:
These ranchers and others have owned these land for hundreds of years in some cases.

Why do people keep saying this? It isn't true at all.

Ranchers/farmers were bailed out by the government in the 30's and since then have been allowed to use the land anyway at a 90% discount. You could research it, but you chose to watch an unsourced youtube video instead.

So 100% of the ranchers / farmers here in the entire United States of America were all bailed out by the government back in the 1930's? OMG, why didn't you tell me sooner! So my great grandfather didn't lose all of his lands back during the Depression? I better call the rest of my relatives. So every farmer / rancher has been just renting these lands back from the United States government for 10%... since the 1930's, eh?

Oh, that video has sources listed if you could be so bothered to check.

14. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 14, 2016, 16:42 Paranoid Jack

One of the many problems with our society and the human race as a whole is that nobody has any desire to understand or cares to have empathy for those that they cannot or do not want to understand. Just because you live in your mother's basement doesn't mean everybody does.

These ranchers and others have owned these land for hundreds of years in some cases. It has been passed down generation to generation and they have experienced the government encroaching on their rights and seizing their lands piece by piece for decades... but you know better and they're all wackos now?

I don't support thier occupy movement but dismissing their claims because you can't be bothered to read the history seems crazy to me. Or you must not care about anyone else's rights either. Still it blows my mind how so many believe anything this government tells them. Yes, there is more to it than that. Research it. Don't just believe the wacko liberal media. If you do you must still believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy too?

https://youtu.be/A1JzuQf4DMU

News Comments > Amazon Prime Discounting Game Preorders
15. Re: Amazon Prime Discounting Game Preorders Jan 12, 2016, 23:30 Paranoid Jack

Prime pays for itself several times over in just the two day shipping at my house.  

News Comments > Amazon Prime Discounting Game Preorders
8. Re: Amazon Prime Discounting Game Preorders Jan 12, 2016, 22:18 Paranoid Jack

Sweet, this also applies to collectors editions from what I am seeing on my orders. I wanted to buy the retail Deluxe version but there isn't one... kinda weird.

I know this game is going to be amazing so no reason to hold off not to mention I want a physical copy for my collection. I know I am geeking but I loved every minute of XCom EU & EW. And as much as I use Amazon having Prime is a no-brainer.

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video
8. Re: Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video Jan 9, 2016, 00:40 Paranoid Jack

I'm going to pick this up cheap on the Steam Christmas sale late this year... if I have any desire left at that time. lol

On a side note I just found something to keep me busy until X-Com 2 hits.... The PC port of Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
18. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 5, 2016, 22:11 Paranoid Jack

Traumatic events make the population easier to control. One reason why the nightly news is 99% negative information.

The people under thirty saw and read about the Paris attacks and moved on. The over thirty group watched it over and over again for days on end several times a day via TV and also went online but to a lesser degree.

Edward Snowden said it best.

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2016, 01:48.

News Comments > Steam Issues Fixed
39. Steam Gets A Pass, Again? Dec 27, 2015, 12:36 Paranoid Jack

WoW, we are all over the place in this thread. Which is something I love about this site at times... but what always subtracts from the entertainment value are the attacks. The Internet Effect, people don't get to attack others in real life because they aren't anonymous but the opposite applies here so they go off on people for posting their opinions? I'm not talking about the rebuttals but the full on nastiness of personal attacks. And so soon after Christmas? Shame, shame.

Anyway, what happens at Steam is the same with any large corporation and/or government entity for the past decade or two.

Act as if nothing has happened.
Start up the spin and damage control.
Create multiple stories none of which are fully true.
Let the smoke and mirrors confuse until the matter becomes a moot point.
Stay calm and move on...

1995 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo