Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1995 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dark Souls III International Release Clarified
3. Re: Dark Souls III International Release Clarified Mar 26, 2016, 00:50 Paranoid Jack

I think this only has to do with the early release of some International versions because it seems to be working fine on my Japanese PS4 version. I have yet to be invaded but I have been pulled into dozens of other peoples games and had several people come into mine to assist me. I have heard that the XBOne version was 1.0 and that no multiplayer is enabled which is strange... but then there are not that many XBOne owners in Japan.

My guess is that they just made some changes that are not yet implemented in the International versions but are up and running in the Japanese versions? That said I did think it strange that the game had no multiplayer servers up until late afternoon of the 23rd. Also the NA digital release seems to be slated for April 11th. Either way I am good with it. The game is amazing and I have a collectors edition on order from Amazon.

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2016, 00:59.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dark Souls III Trailer
3. Re: Dark Souls III Trailer Mar 24, 2016, 15:43 Paranoid Jack

I've been playing the Japanese PS4 digital version from PSN and it is FUCKING FANTASTIC! Digital release was midnight Japan time 03/23/16. The NA digital release also appears to be 24 hours prior to the retail release. From the little I have seen of the recently released videos there are several popular Dark Souls YouTubers who were given media copies of the near finished game... if not the finished version so that they could post videos on YouTube and ramp up the hype. Watched a bit of this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ciPzLA2c04 while trying to find out if there was anyway to switch the subtitles and item descriptions to English in the Japanese version. Never found out but was glad to hear the graphics quality on the PC version will be amazing. Hell, the PS4 version looks pretty amazing.

The media events held over the past few months where the top YouTubers were flown to the LA/San Fransisco/London areas so that they could play/tape the game for up to four hours so that they could post up to forty five minutes of new footage. They were playing an older version which was a little less brutal. They were then given media copies judging by the videos popping up on the YouTubes.

Slight Spoiler Concerning Starting Class Options: I usually start as the Deprived class because he is level one and has a level ten across all attributes.... not this game. I could not beat the tutorial area boss or mini boss. I tried repeatedly but due to the low blunt damage and no armor I just gave up and rerolled a Knight which I never play as. I played a Pyromancer also and it was be far the easiest way to reach the Firelink Shrine.

News Comments > The Division Patch Tomorrow
1. Re: The Division Patch Tomorrow Mar 21, 2016, 21:05 Paranoid Jack

Still having a great time with this one. Went in with low expectations and was happy to find the newest loot addiction. And the Dark Zones are a blast. I like what they did and I am looking forward to what they can improve upon in The Division II.

Bad news? Dark Souls 3 is release Wednesday in Japan...

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records
8. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records Mar 10, 2016, 01:36 Paranoid Jack

Frijoles wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 00:59:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 00:17:
On one hand, good for Massive - on the other hand they'll probably want to push this out as a yearly title. I don't know if that'll work out for them.

It's a (somewhat) MMO, so yearly expansions. More than yearly, I believe. They have three listed already. Hopefully they come up with some new enemies. And someone that isn't named Alex.

LMAO, hearing "they killed Alex" over and over is getting kind of funny. I am having a pretty good time on the PS4 with it. Would have been a lot more fun last night and earlier today if UPS wouldn't have sat on my copy for twenty four hours before attempting to deliver it. I did laugh though when I saw UbiSoft were offering four packs of uniforms for $4.99 a pop. Servers are down and I've got to wonder if they are scrambling to add more hardware. I've had several quest/mission bugs so far and a few disconnects too. Still enjoying it quite a bit.

News Comments > Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die
79. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 19:10 Paranoid Jack

rudra wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 13:15:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 12:46:
LOL! Well...yeah! But we're not on Psychology Today's website we are on Blue's. And it was the point not the way I made it that matters. They keep trying to force shit on their consumers.

just tired of hearing that line.. like its meaningful in some way, when its actually completely meaningless... probly because tons of people i know say that shit constantly

I hear ya. My Boss is one of them. That is why it popped out. Either way thanks for reminding me it was Einstein. I had forgot and Google gave me the Urban Dictionary instead of the real deal.

Been a fun thread. Hope some of you can have a cold one and a rolled one... or just chill out.

25. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 12:46 Paranoid Jack

rudra wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 11:24:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 10:56:

They keep doing the same thing yet expect a different outcome which is the Urban Dictionary's definition of insanity.

its a quote from einstein...

pretty tired of people saying this all the time tho - "insanity" is a hell of a lot more broad than that stupid fucking "definition"

LOL! Well...yeah! But we're not on Psychology Today's website we are on Blue's. And it was the point not the way I made it that matters. They keep trying to force shit on their consumers.

6. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 10:56 Paranoid Jack

Red wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 10:43:
So they're trying to be like Apple even though Microsoft is a software company and Apple is a hardware company. I'm not sure there's enough room for two closed systems, and they're not going to beat Apple at Apple's own game. Microsoft will just squeeze itself out going this route.

They keep doing the same thing yet expect a different outcome which is the Urban Dictionary's definition of insanity. Should have learned by now... even before all that crazy shit with the XBOne which should have been the biggest wake up call so far. Yet they failed to learn anything from their mistakes. Only thing keeping them going is that they are too big to fail and their tactics are used world wide. The corporation I work for does the same things. Hell, our government does this very same shit. We have service/product X which we want to replace product A with yet everyone knows that product X is not as good as product A... but by using subversionary measures they make it the prevalent product. Of course this has been going on forever.

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2016, 11:08.

2. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 10:35 Paranoid Jack

Ah, you know you can count on M$ to fuck shit up even when they don't mean too.

nin, my plan is to switch completely to Steam OS when Windows 7 is phased out. Unless we all hear the loud pop heard around the world... that sound of M$ pulling their heads out of their ass.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Roadmap
10. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Roadmap Mar 4, 2016, 10:27 Paranoid Jack

Slick wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 01:40:
I think you mean darkzone, darkzone, darkzone.

Also I learned that you'll be able to build a currency converter in your main base to convert PvE money into darkzone money, so i guess if you just like grinding PvE then you can still buy good weapons in the DZ.

I'd rather be a sneaky ninja in the DZ, lureing unsuspecting noobs into my web of lies and deceit, playing friendly, then stabbing them all in the back and stealing their shit.

Oh, to hear the cries and lamentations that i heard in the beta again... it filled my soul. So much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

LMAO, thanks. You brought tears to my eyes but from laughter.

I wanted to get it on the PC but waiting to hear about the hacks and need to see just how bad it is. Please, let us know. If its not too bad I may pick it up for the PC.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Roadmap
2. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Roadmap Mar 3, 2016, 21:16 Paranoid Jack

Cutter wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 21:07:
All I see is, grind, grind, grind.

Yep, should be fun for a bit. Sure that I will get my money's worth no doubt.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10
17. Re: Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10 Feb 29, 2016, 22:45 Paranoid Jack

Primalchrome wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 14:54:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 14:52:
Getting Dark Souls 3 on the PS4 and Steam. I've logged more hours in Souls games than any others.
Why do you buy it on both? Just curious. I bought the original Dark Souls on Steam and liked it so much I bought it used on PS3 because it felt a little more crisp on the console.

You nailed it. I too felt the controls were better on the console. Playing on the PC had a slightly different feel even with a controler. So why both? I want to see it with the graphics cranked up high on the PC but when it comes to the multiplayer I will spend most on my time on the PS4 since there are a lot less hackers. The PC version of any game will always have ten times more hackers even on Steam. I'm still going to have a good time on the PC but I think the PS4 will get more attention... at least for me. I don't care what platform it is if the game is great I will play it. Though not on the XBOne... doing my best not to buy one.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10
6. Re: Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10 Feb 28, 2016, 14:52 Paranoid Jack

Glad to see XCOM 2 hanging in there. I am still having a great time playing it. Fallout 4, not so much. Got bored quickly. Getting Dark Souls 3 on the PS4 and Steam. I've logged more hours in Souls games than any others. Close second would be XCOM games. Would not hesitate to buy the DLC for either series... especially at a GMG discount.  

News Comments > Dark Souls III Trailer
8. Re: Dark Souls III Trailer Feb 25, 2016, 23:32 Paranoid Jack

Have they nailed down the multiplayer? I know the bell summons/bell maiden from Bloodborne is not in. Instead you use an item that does not vanish from your inventory. I hope you can only be invaded if you have summonsed help. I know a lot of PvPers were complaining about invading to find a group of two or three people they had to take on all at once... but that is the way I want it to be. I hated playing late night/early morning and having the same over powered ganker invade me repeatedly and there was nothing you could do to stop it at times. The flip side, at times it was fun setting up traps for them. Of course when the game first releases that won't be as much of a problem until people start to learn all the tricks. Got release day forecasted as off.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 23, 2016, 02:57 Paranoid Jack

Because of the 3rd person cover mechanic it allows time to place shots and move while being concealed from taking damage. Not to mention you can adjust getting better with time and practice. It's not so bad. I am not as fast as I would be with a mouse and keyboard, no doubt, but then I don't have to be due to the games mechanics.

Yes, it is a shooter but not a true shooter. So again, I don't see it as requiring a mouse and keyboard. I admit I hated 3rd person shooters in the past and now they rarely make a 1st person shooter that I really enjoy. Worse, when they do make one I love the hacks can ruin it. So yeah, PS4 for me.

News Comments > Dark Souls III Pre-purchases
1. Re: Dark Souls III Pre-purchases Feb 22, 2016, 21:56 Paranoid Jack

Already scheduled release day off. Can hardly wait.  

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 22, 2016, 21:25 Paranoid Jack

Doma wrote on Feb 22, 2016, 06:33:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Feb 21, 2016, 23:15:
And I'm getting the Division on the PS4 to avoid some of the asshat hackers on the PC.

But... that means you have to play a shooter with a gamepad!

It's a 3rd person shooter. Only time it goes first person is if you have a high power scope. Not really a shooter... if it were I would agree with you that it would be far better played on a PC with mouse and keyboard.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 21, 2016, 23:15 Paranoid Jack

Loving XCom 2 with over seventy hours of fun so far. And I'm getting the Division on the PS4 to avoid some of the asshat hackers on the PC. I just took a look at the PC version in the open beta to see what I was missing with the better graphics. Other than that I wanted to keep my distance until it's release date. I had a blast playing Co-Op for about ten hours with my brother and a friend and I spent a dozen or more hours running the dark zone solo and loving it. Yes, there were people out to gank me but that made it more intense. More times than not I would get my goodie bag attached to the helo's rope before they were able to kill me. So I got the last laugh more times than not since they were now marked rogue and were left with no goodies.

I feel as if I have already got my money's worth from the Division and it hasn't even shipped yet. Plus, I am very much looking forward to Dark Souls 3 on the PC and the PS4. Gonna be a great year. I will log hundreds of hours on XCom 2 and DS3.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2016, 22:09 Paranoid Jack

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 20, 2016, 14:26:
Yeah, I wish. We have a fiber solution going into our area, but the way they are doing it totally sucks. Basically they cut the neighborhoods up in to areas/sections. To get the fiber in your area/section done, 50% of the homes in the area/section have to "commit" to signing up for the service. Since my house is in a section with lots of older citizens, the likelihood of reaching 50% is about 0%.

The fiber is going in literally across the street from me. My buddy 200 yds north, on a corner, doesn't get it either, but the people on the other three corners do.

What company is doing that? In this area At&t will take years if they ever put it in and Comcast is trying to get their network up to speed. Last time I talked to one of their guys they still had no idea when they would be able to provide gigabit speeds. Not to mention their price point and 1k install fee is a bit much. I'd be surprised if anyone offers gigabit in this area in the next two years. Not that most of us need anything that fast.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 18, 2016, 20:58 Paranoid Jack

Don't forget that he is a God!  

News Comments > Star Citizen's Discount Package for Backers
19. Re: Star Citizen's Discount Package for Backers Feb 12, 2016, 16:58 Paranoid Jack

Can't wait for the release candidate so I can try it out. I still hope they pull it off just because I would rather have a good game then the alternative. I know a lot of people are still interested because they are expecting a train wreck. We've seen plenty in this industry. They can be fun to watch, no doubt.

I've been watching from the sidelines for years and can't wrap my mind around it. This has got to be some of the best marketing evar! If they're not already doing it I predict there will be studies done to gain insight on how RSI was able to keep the crowd funding alive and at this fevered pace for so many years. It's fucking crazy!

1995 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo