Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1995 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 18, 2016, 00:43 Paranoid Jack

Tom wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 22:05:
Simon Says wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 19:30:
He never ran to Russia, get your facts straight please. He saw his travel privileges revoked and was stuck in Russia when on the way to Ecuador and he is still stuck like Assange is stuck in the Ecuadorian embassy in the UK.
This bit is so conveniently and consistently ignored by the anti-Snowden folks. Ignorance or malice?

Oh, there is no doubt it was done intentionally. The Obama Administration was probably weighing their options (China or Russia) and thought Americans would think worse of Snowden if he were in Russia since that implies in someway they were involved? WTF! Seems to be the long running tactic of our government and more recently the Democrats. They pulled out that dead horse for The Donald just weeks ago. Seems it didn't work this time though.

Having spent nine years in the USAF. Most of it working in reconnaissance I know first hand the need to have penalties for improper use or handling of classified information. I didn't even have the clearance level Hillary and/or Snowden had. That said if I had mishandled just one secret I could still be in the United States Penitentiary, Leavenworth, Kansas. Or possibly have been executed? Fast forward to today where one of the candidates running for the office of president has not only mishandled an unknown number of classified documents over a period of four years but also used her office as the Secretary of State to peddle influence and access to the highest bidders from around the world.

So I ask you. How can anyone not calling for Hillary to be taken into custody and charged demand that Snowden be charged? It is mind numbing. There must be penalties to those who abuse their power and access. Seeing all these hypocrites in office committing crimes that would land any normal person in prison yet for them it's just another negative news story they can hopefully ride out is the highest form of hypocrisy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access
5. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Sep 15, 2016, 21:14 Paranoid Jack

I am playing DOS EE now and loving it. I kick started both. Not touching the early access though. I will wait for the completed version. Don't want to spoil it. Looking good so far. If only a few more studios could make RPG games as fun as Larian.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
12. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 9, 2016, 00:39 Paranoid Jack

My guess is that even if Project Scorpio actually lives up to the six teraflop hype by that time Sony will already have the PS5 midway into their development process. I am skipping this version of the XBOne/XBOne S and the next most likely. I canceled my pre-ordered XBOne when MS went all crazy with their draconian rules in the last six months before launch. No regret there either. I love my PS4 and prefer it's controller over the XBOne controller every day of the week. I have pre-ordered the PS4 Pro because I love PS4 games as much as PC games at times. I may still back out of it but at this point it looks like a win win for me since I already have a 4k HDTV as my primary gaming monitor. I just need to do the research and be sure all games will run better on it... even those that are not getting an update to run in 4k. From what I understand, yes, all games will run smoother and some developers are going to patch them to increase texture quality and such. As far as the 4K Ultra Blu-Ray player goes I think it is still too early in its life cycle to worry about having it. Blu-Ray quality is already fantastic. I do look forward to the 4k upgrade when it gets a little more commonplace but I'm thinking it will be a few years before the majority of homes are using one or more 4k monitors or HDTVs. I also think the price point of the PS4 Pro is going to hurt Scorpio before it is even out on store shelves. MS is way behind and desperate to gain some ground on Sony's total systems sold. So when MS released the Slim info along with Scorpio to follow a year later their current XBOne sales dropped off and those I have talked to who own the current model say there is zero reason to get a XBOne S at this point unless your current XBOne takes a dive. My guess is that they will mark it down this fall for Christmas sales. Sony will match or beat them plus Sony will have time to develope their next system before Scorpio even releases and I am sure it will come with an Ultra Blu-Ray and most likely beat MS next gen to the market by a year or maybe two. Which could be devastating as long as Sony's hardware keeps up or surpasses Scorpio. Just my two cents...

Edit: Just researched a bit more and it seems your choice of 4k TV or choice of monitor will make or break the experience as far as the PS4 Pro 4k option with HDR. I was happy to see that Sony patched HDR into my monitor a few months back. So I am eagerly awaking Nov 10th to see just how good it looks. I know BF1 looked freaking amazing in 4k. I had so much fun on the PC version I neglected to even sample the PS4 offering.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2016, 01:08.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday
43. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 8, 2016, 00:11 Paranoid Jack

As far as the no HUD suggestion I saw this YouTuber post this days ago I think it looks like hardcore mode. Looking forward to trying it out myself. I'll bet there are servers set up this way if not there should be.

https://youtu.be/f30mH6XXtog

37. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 7, 2016, 12:55 Paranoid Jack

@Slick

My favorite tactic if I get a tank at start of round is to capture the first flag then roll to D. I sit back and kill troops with the shrapnel/shotgun round. Using the rocks as cover and retreating if any troops try to get close enough to lob anti tank grenades. After a bomber tries to take me out but misses me I use the craters they created to drop medical and ammo crates down low in cover for the ground forces then I just sit there low and take out oncoming troops, light vehicles, and tanks. I have even taken out low flying planes with the shotgun/shrapnel rounds. You don't get an instant kill but if you hit the engine it will take it out causing the plane to crash since it is so low to the ground.

Nothing better than sitting there in wait for a fast moving light vehicle full of troops then hitting it at the last second as they come in to cap the flag. Seeing it explode in a fireball, bodies and debris flying in all directions. Absolutely amazing! It takes thirty or more seconds for the game to post all your scores and bonuses and usually by then you have already killed more troops. My only complaint is the trajectory of the rounds which you pointed out and the misses with the anti personnel rounds are infuriating at times. I almost create a video about it for YouTube but figured they must know about the sporadic hit detection with most weapons. I have seen some concerning sniper rounds and others weapons.

I'm debating if I should just take the plug and buy the full game with season pass. I'm just worried that Dice will not combat the hacks as aggressively as they should. I have seen dozens of people banned already by fairplay or whatever their anti cheat program is. So it seems like this game could be another classic Dice game. I know I will love it but will I be playing it through next year? The first map pack add-on is slated for 03-2017. Why so far out? That should be moved up by three months in my opinion. But they may still have their hands full trying to make BF1 a bit smoother launch than the last game I bought BF4.

30. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 7, 2016, 00:25 Paranoid Jack

Nice, bet you had people calling you out for hacking too. Total blows my best score out of the water. A couple days back I had a 47 kill streak in the little tank but then died half way into the round and couldn't get another tank. After that my K/D ratio dropped fast. I was spawned in front of certain death repeatedly. The browser sometimes tells you when you click on a teammate that they are under fire but just as often it just drops me right in for another death.

Update: This guys video pretty much demonstrates the tank and why it is not really OP it just appears to be since there are just a lot of people who don't know how to play very well in the beta right now. I never use this version of the tank but may try it out. I like the version that is able to drop medical kit and ammo.

https://youtu.be/koRd63XBDc8?t=401

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 2016, 01:32.

10. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 6, 2016, 12:13 Paranoid Jack

Yeah, it is a huge blast. I've been playing it every chance I get. Level/Rank system is strange. I am Rank 57 or 58 over all. But there are also ranks for each class I think? I have thousands of warbonds I don't spend because the stats on the gear I have yet to unlock is lower than what I am using currently. It was slow going last night while having a blast in a fighter which gives very little points as is plus if your team rules the sky... three of us were on every plane that spawned like white on rice.

It is a Dice game. Beautiful, fast paced, and buggy as Hell. It has all the bugs every previous version has had so it can really piss you off while it gets your adrenaline going. They really need to do another Beta after they tweak it and fix some of the bugs... HA! I am joking. Those who have played numerous of their games know that most of the bugs will stay. But still it's a damn good time. I was shocked how good it looked and how well it ran with max settings in 4k. At 1080 resolution everything had a weird too shiny look as if covered in rain. But on the higher resolutions/settings it looks normal or less shiny. I am on an old 970 and it will start to chug while transitioning from overhead UI zooming down to the ground where it is spawning you but only after hours of play. I have 16gb of RAM though. So your mileage may vary.

I am getting it but screw this new over priced model for game plus season pass. If I prepay for the whole enchilada I expect a discount and judging by the current prices I will not be shocked if they start raising the prices for all DLC. Hell, the DLC is suppose to have more maps than the fucking original game. From what I see ten maps are planned for the game and sixteen for the DLC, plus two new armies? Talk about fracturing the community.

My Origin user ID is TheParanoidJack, please add me so we can play smart and rack up some crazy points.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2016, 20:51 Paranoid Jack

Fake hawk throws fake snake at fake family picnic.... D'Oh! Didn't even look close to the real thing in anyway, lol.

How has everyone been enjoying the BF1 Open Beta? I have put in a lot of hours but I must say it feels more like an Alpha then a Beta ...and just a month or so from release. I am having a good time but the shit ton of bugs has me worrying. If it was money out of my pocket I would be mad as hell. I am actually thinking about not picking it up. Which pisses me off because I skipped their last two messes hoping they would learn and get better. The worst part for me is the randomness to the hit detection and at times the hitboxes behaving as if they are not there is annoying as hell. I see people getting banned quite a bit. And I know I have been killed by what appears to be a hack since the kill cam shows there is no possible way for the player to even have a line of sight on me. So there must be hacks already. I would go into more detail but I don't feel like wasting half an hour. There are just so many bugs both funny to game breaking irritating. It is a shame because the game is a blast and looks fantastic at highest resolutions with max settings in 4k even... it runs well. It is just the broken feel to the UI and having to repeatedly mash buttons with no response from the game is getting old. Oh, one other thing. The sand storms are blocking my vision which they should and they look fantastic... but why are people able to see me and snipe me from a long distance when I can't see twenty yards in any direction?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2016, 16:29 Paranoid Jack

Pigeon wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 13:07:
Who would have thought indiscriminately spraying pesticides could have any kind of negative consequence. There's certainly no precedence to suspect this.

LoL, thanks. The older I get the more irony, sarcasm, and cynical thinking make me laugh.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 2, 2016, 11:27 Paranoid Jack

"Google Fiber will no doubt continue its broadband experiments, while coming up with excuses for its shortcomings and learning curves. It will also no doubt continue to seek favoritism from government at every level. Just last week Google Fiber threatened the Nashville City Council that it would stop its fiber build if an ordinance Google Fiber drafted wasn’t passed. Instead of playing by the same rules as everyone else building infrastructure, Google Fiber demands special treatment and indeed in some places is getting it, unfairly. Yet, Google Fiber still complains it’s too hard…and costs too much…and takes too long… even as it’s reported that Google Fiber will now try to do all this with half its current workforce." Said, at&t?

Ha... the irony is so thick here. I love it. One of the best things about growing old and becoming salty.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 DLC & Season Pass Details
21. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC & Season Pass Details Aug 25, 2016, 03:06 Paranoid Jack

Sepharo wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 21:58:
16 maps in the DLC? How many in the base game?

Right now their site only lists five current maps revealed.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Released
92. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 14, 2016, 12:58 Paranoid Jack

heroin wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 10:16:
VaranDragon wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 08:50:
Slick wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 06:41:
the review bombing is pretty funny. But totally understandable, any game with hype this high is bound to make some people boarderline suicidal when it's just "a game" in the end. I think they deserve a solid 8/10 after the technical issues are mopped up by a larger QA firm, which is already underway. Game is exactly what they said it would be, and for some reason actually playing it I fall in love with the simplicity and don't really want anything else.

I'm finding it very zen. A total break from other genres. I never got into minecraft, or rust, or dayz, or fortnite, or any other crafty, survivaly, resource hoardey game like that. But for some reason NMS scratches that itch in a very chilled out way.

NMS is like electronic opium.

Let us know how it is after about 5 hours of gameplay time.

I think I played the game for about 5-8 hours yesterday, by the end of my session it was zen, like I could taste old LSD in my mouth (like a metallic dirty sock). Came across a space anomaly with 2 creatures (instead of 1, WHOA!!) in it whom pointed me back en route to my mission and finally gave me a fucking AtlasPassv1. I'm wondering if there will be more surprises after this point, besides getting to the Center. Still enjoying it, haven't been this immersed in a game in a while.

Though, holy shit, if you like "zen" gaming then I think the first time you breakthrough into a cave system in Minecraft is like the Brian Eno of gaming, at least for me it was a powerful gaming moment; procedural greatness with the accompaniment of brilliant music, sound and the tools to do whatever....

So the AtlasPassv1 is not at the center of the Universe?

91. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 14, 2016, 12:54 Paranoid Jack

Slick wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 06:41:
the review bombing is pretty funny. But totally understandable, any game with hype this high is bound to make some people boarderline suicidal when it's just "a game" in the end. I think they deserve a solid 8/10 after the technical issues are mopped up by a larger QA firm, which is already underway. Game is exactly what they said it would be, and for some reason actually playing it I fall in love with the simplicity and don't really want anything else.

I'm finding it very zen. A total break from other genres. I never got into minecraft, or rust, or dayz, or fortnite, or any other crafty, survivaly, resource hoardey game like that. But for some reason NMS scratches that itch in a very chilled out way.

NMS is like electronic opium.

Well said! +1

90. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 14, 2016, 12:44 Paranoid Jack

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 04:11:
I'm enjoying it.

Had an issue with framerate, but set the cap at unlimited and as TB mentioned in his video I turned everything to low and then back to high and haven't had any major issues except when flying along the surface for long perios of time the game will studder for a second to load up more terrain.

Only on my 2nd planet (barren, no animals, and no hyperdrive yet) and I've spent about 5 hours just looking for upgrades (inventory/ship/multi-tool).

I'm enjoying it. But make no mistake it's a mining game with spaceships.

I bought No Man's Sky because I saw that Elf was playing it on Steam... thanks Half Elf! LoL, no really. I am thoroughly enjoying it. Though I went in with little to no expectations. I saw it as Minecraft meets Elite Dangerous. I played Elite and tried all the different career options, bought three ships, upgraded them and got bored. Have not played Elite since they added planetary landings which looks bad on the few videos I have seen. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong there.

That said I am running the game and running it well. At 4k mind you... 4096 x 2160. Yes, it has some horrible optimization issues. But I am still enjoying it for what it is. One caveat, I skipped Spore. Yes, Elite is a bit better on the flight mechanic as far as I remember. Still I think out of the gate NMS is a better game. As they continue to support the game I think it will be a much better game just as Elite is now years after it's early release.

I have played just over twenty hours now. I spent half that time on my starter planet. I have visited four planets and a space station. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I have bought my fourth ship and left two abandon ships where I found them because they were not better than what I already had bought. I have done a lot of trading and currently stand at 1.25 million units of credit after spending millions on ships already, d'Oh. I have taken out almost a hundred drones. I love how they call reinforcements and bigger and better drones join the fight. There is a wanted system just like GTA. I had it up to three or four stars because I was hiding in a cave with my crap starter weapon. No I didn't pre-order. Now that I have a much better weapon at my current location I am able to destroy drones with no worries. The weapon options are nicely varied though somewhat limited so far to mining, grenades, and bolt caster. I favor the plasma grenade options currently. A bit tricky to hit a moving drone yet fun. My mining laser upgrade can easily take out the current drones also. I wish there were options to steal an alien's ship. You can commit crime by breaking and entering buildings though I have not tried that yet. Not even sure you can have more than one save game?

Sorry to see so many are having issues booting it. I have an older system with a Nvida 970. I can list my specs if anyone really needs them. Yes, it is a console port so if you hate them you may hate this too. I went in needing something new to play. I found it. I have already got my moneys worth in my opinion and I will be playing this off and on for a while. Cheers everyone!

News Comments > On Sale
18. Re: On Sale Jul 5, 2016, 22:32 Paranoid Jack

Pretty low of them to do this and considering how this behavior generally turns people off or away from your product it is not a smart move. The negative PR that goes with the lawsuits alone plus the added cost of defending this in the courts will come back to haunt them. At least I hope it does.

That being said I bought a UK Import of the PC version on Amazon just so that I can revisit the game in October... but I feel kinda dirty now.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2016, Part 1
1. Re: It Came from E3 2016, Part 1 Jun 17, 2016, 01:30 Paranoid Jack

I did not attend but from the sidelines it was a very lackluster E3... at least from where I was sitting.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 12, 2016, 21:29 Paranoid Jack

Retired wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 09:46:
Watched some videos last night of friends playing. I am interested if the co-op mechanic works nicely. Would be fun to share the pain of the game with buddies - but with prior experience in the DS games.....I want to play and have FUN...hehehehhe not work.

When it slows down it may be a bit hard to matchmake but right now I am being pulled into somebodies elses game within five seconds on average for co-op and pvp invasions. Having a blast.

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 12, 2016, 07:02 Paranoid Jack

Yifes wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 22:51:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 22:13:
Most of what DS2 has still applies. Like before if you summon a helper you can be invaded and/or some areas allow for invasions automatically. Like Bloodborne you can use passwords to pull in friend(s) of any level and the game will scale them to your level. In DS3 if you use the dried finger a purple invader can come in and it speeds up the invasion process for others. Not sure what it means other than a covenant option for invaders. So you can have three summoned helpers and three invaders all at once. Total chaos. Every kill from either side gives everyone back an estus use. I was invading Japanese players all last night. Crazy fun. Hard too if you are taking on three of them. Oh, yeah, purple invaders can attack anyone/everyone. They invade by putting down their purple sign and the host allows them to invade by using the dried finger. Otherwise only red phantoms can invade. Unless you're a Sun Bro then you will look orange.

So again, the host summons which allows for one invasion per summoned helper. The host has to use the dried finger to get more helpers but its also allowing more invaders and faster.

That sounds great actually. I just hope they don't bring back the Soul memory system from DS2... I felt like I was being punished everytime I failed to retrieve my souls.

Matchmaking or invading/summoning is based on Level and Weapon upgrades. Here is a link with all the know details at this time.

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Summon+Range+Calculator

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 11, 2016, 22:13 Paranoid Jack

Yifes wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 15:01:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 04:01:
Love what they did with the PvP. Not perfect but close.

What changed with the PVP? Still have to finish Bloodborne so I won't be picking this up in a while...

Most of what DS2 has still applies. Like before if you summon a helper you can be invaded and/or some areas allow for invasions automatically. Like Bloodborne you can use passwords to pull in friend(s) of any level and the game will scale them to your level. In DS3 if you use the dried finger a purple invader can come in and it speeds up the invasion process for others. Not sure what it means other than a covenant option for invaders. So you can have three summoned helpers and three invaders all at once. Total chaos. Every kill from either side gives everyone back an estus use. I was invading Japanese players all last night. Crazy fun. Hard too if you are taking on three of them. Oh, yeah, purple invaders can attack anyone/everyone. They invade by putting down their purple sign and the host allows them to invade by using the dried finger. Otherwise only red phantoms can invade. Unless you're a Sun Bro then you will look orange.

So again, the host summons which allows for one invasion per summoned helper. The host has to use the dried finger to get more helpers but its also allowing more invaders and faster.

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2016, 22:25.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 11, 2016, 04:01 Paranoid Jack

Going to wait and see with the PC version of DS3 on Steam. I'll most likely get it during the Christmas sale. I just deleted my PS4 Japanese version just to be safe... don't want any conflicts with the NA version which is preloading and should install shortly. I logged over a hundred hours across several different character builds and had a great time. Fantastic game. Love what they did with the PvP. Not perfect but close.  

1995 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo