Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1944 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 17, 2016, 21:07 Paranoid Jack

It is far from perfect no doubt. A lot of valid points but no deal breakers for me. Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PC is a great port of a console game roughly four years old. Originally released in 2012 and the expansion in 2013, so yeah, it has the Dark Arisen expansion plus a bit more. If you can get past little things that most would consider petty then you will enjoy it as a great mixture of jRPG/aRPG/eRPG. I got it for 25% off the Steam pre-order at GMG. So look for a code and grab it if you want. Watch Angry Joe's old review if you want a good/fair honest opinion on the game.

I first spotted it a couple years ago and was ready to buy a PS3 version when I checked the Plus games available list and was pleasantly surprised to find it there free. Having a blast. Using a XBone wired PC controler.

edit: here is a good review by a guy I have never heard of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxGO-eh3dkU

This comment was edited on Jan 17, 2016, 21:26.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
23. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 14, 2016, 20:43 Paranoid Jack

So what you're saying is its okay for him/you to generalizing but not me? Also I've already said that I don't support their occupy movement nor am I talking about the Bundys. Where did I say any of that? I am referring to the local family not the people going there to occupy the office of the BLM.

And if you think thier arson charges are legit then there are a large number of US National Park Services employees that need to be sent to prison for five years each after thier control burns got out of control and burned government owned lands/national park lands.

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2016, 20:52.

19. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 14, 2016, 18:19 Paranoid Jack

descender wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 16:44:
These ranchers and others have owned these land for hundreds of years in some cases.

Why do people keep saying this? It isn't true at all.

Ranchers/farmers were bailed out by the government in the 30's and since then have been allowed to use the land anyway at a 90% discount. You could research it, but you chose to watch an unsourced youtube video instead.

So 100% of the ranchers / farmers here in the entire United States of America were all bailed out by the government back in the 1930's? OMG, why didn't you tell me sooner! So my great grandfather didn't lose all of his lands back during the Depression? I better call the rest of my relatives. So every farmer / rancher has been just renting these lands back from the United States government for 10%... since the 1930's, eh?

Oh, that video has sources listed if you could be so bothered to check.

14. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 14, 2016, 16:42 Paranoid Jack

One of the many problems with our society and the human race as a whole is that nobody has any desire to understand or cares to have empathy for those that they cannot or do not want to understand. Just because you live in your mother's basement doesn't mean everybody does.

These ranchers and others have owned these land for hundreds of years in some cases. It has been passed down generation to generation and they have experienced the government encroaching on their rights and seizing their lands piece by piece for decades... but you know better and they're all wackos now?

I don't support thier occupy movement but dismissing their claims because you can't be bothered to read the history seems crazy to me. Or you must not care about anyone else's rights either. Still it blows my mind how so many believe anything this government tells them. Yes, there is more to it than that. Research it. Don't just believe the wacko liberal media. If you do you must still believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy too?

https://youtu.be/A1JzuQf4DMU

News Comments > Amazon Prime Discounting Game Preorders
15. Re: Amazon Prime Discounting Game Preorders Jan 12, 2016, 23:30 Paranoid Jack

Prime pays for itself several times over in just the two day shipping at my house.  

News Comments > Amazon Prime Discounting Game Preorders
8. Re: Amazon Prime Discounting Game Preorders Jan 12, 2016, 22:18 Paranoid Jack

Sweet, this also applies to collectors editions from what I am seeing on my orders. I wanted to buy the retail Deluxe version but there isn't one... kinda weird.

I know this game is going to be amazing so no reason to hold off not to mention I want a physical copy for my collection. I know I am geeking but I loved every minute of XCom EU & EW. And as much as I use Amazon having Prime is a no-brainer.

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video
8. Re: Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video Jan 9, 2016, 00:40 Paranoid Jack

I'm going to pick this up cheap on the Steam Christmas sale late this year... if I have any desire left at that time. lol

On a side note I just found something to keep me busy until X-Com 2 hits.... The PC port of Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
18. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 5, 2016, 22:11 Paranoid Jack

Traumatic events make the population easier to control. One reason why the nightly news is 99% negative information.

The people under thirty saw and read about the Paris attacks and moved on. The over thirty group watched it over and over again for days on end several times a day via TV and also went online but to a lesser degree.

Edward Snowden said it best.

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2016, 01:48.

News Comments > Steam Issues Fixed
39. Steam Gets A Pass, Again? Dec 27, 2015, 12:36 Paranoid Jack

WoW, we are all over the place in this thread. Which is something I love about this site at times... but what always subtracts from the entertainment value are the attacks. The Internet Effect, people don't get to attack others in real life because they aren't anonymous but the opposite applies here so they go off on people for posting their opinions? I'm not talking about the rebuttals but the full on nastiness of personal attacks. And so soon after Christmas? Shame, shame.

Anyway, what happens at Steam is the same with any large corporation and/or government entity for the past decade or two.

Act as if nothing has happened.
Start up the spin and damage control.
Create multiple stories none of which are fully true.
Let the smoke and mirrors confuse until the matter becomes a moot point.
Stay calm and move on...

News Comments > DayZ Turns Two; Plans Detailed
7. Re: DayZ Turns Two; Plans Detailed Dec 15, 2015, 22:48 Paranoid Jack

How many years has this been in an early access/beta state? They must have set some new records. I had a blast with it for a short time before the hackers took over but I never bought into that whole stand alone version thing. Glad, I didn't. That said I had more fun with a few of their competitors and paid a lot less too.

All that said I will never buy another version of ArmA until long after release with a health mark down.

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 23, 2015, 15:12 Paranoid Jack

I should have listed my alt player name, Mangfugubish, which I sometimes used when I played with a clan competitively.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2015, 14:43 Paranoid Jack

Happy Birthday, Blue!  

News Comments > Windows 10 Outperforms SteamOS
6. Re: Windows 10 Outperforms SteamOS Nov 13, 2015, 11:02 Paranoid Jack

Does Steam OS also hang like Windows 10 for up to a minute at times for no apparent reason while opening just about anything/everything?

I don't have a Steam Machine so all I can comment on is 10. I regret trying out the free upgrade. It is better than Windows 8 but is not really ready for prime time. My up to date Nvidia drives are constantly crashing in aps and while using the edge browser. YouTube videos are also going black screen with only audio. I think this weekend is rollback time.

News Comments > Dark Souls III Collector's & Prestige Editions Revealed
4. Re: Dark Souls III Collector's & Prestige Editions Revealed Nov 9, 2015, 23:15 Paranoid Jack

Can't find them here in the US yet. Has anyone?

Edit: D'Oh! I finally read it. I was so excited just to see them I started searching Amazon and then GameStop. LoL

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2015, 23:20.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront III Footage?
10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Footage? Oct 21, 2015, 15:52 Paranoid Jack

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 14:59:
I guess hardcore is lying on the tarmac with your knife out waiting six minutes for a jet to spawn out of thin air on top of you, pressing E the entire time because there's two other idiots just like you jumping around trying to get it first?

Not saying the coming retail one is without problems but this one looks pretty rough too. It looks like a BF1942 mod that's not working quite right yet.

I agree the spawn camping for vehicles was shite and of course the TKing that went with it. So we need them to implement a system that tracked players in the vehicle spawn area so that it is first come first serve. Because I would much rather have an old style Battlefield game over the current Call of Battlefront shite.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2015, 23:41 Paranoid Jack

The US mental health industry is a shame. We as tax payers should demand reform. If you know anyone who has been in the system, treated, or mistreated by it you will know what I mean. I am not asking for the days of old where your crooked greedy fuck doctor could have you committed so that he could add a little extra money to his monthly income. I'm just saying if somebody needs the help there should be something there for them. Shit we give so much money to people who are just too fucking lazy to work... why not help out those in need before they go postal?

Somebody near and dear to me has depression. He has been dealing with it in varying degrees his whole life. He was simply self medicating himself before seeking help. After he sought help they medicated him. Something I tried to warn him about. He felt he had no choice. It was the drugs or a life not worth living. Since they got him hooked on a cocktail of drugs some fifteen years ago his condition has worsened. He is dependant on the drugs. He can't function without them. The problem is he becomes immune to them after several years. Then they have to find another cocktail that works. Which takes time. While they are doing that he is going through a living Hell. Within the past five years he has been diagnosed with severe clinical depression by several different doctors. So the drugs and/or aging has made his condition worse.

If it were not for his mother and her finances he would be homeless or dead. In fact he was told by one of his psychiatrists that he should become homeless so he could qualify for better treatment options. Something I was shocked to hear. I'm not even sure what the Hell that means.

Bottom line from my point of view the mental health care system in the US is all about making money. Like everything else. If you have mental illness here in the US yet have no money and/or no relatives with money willing to help you out you are simply fucked. Why do you think so many mentally ill people end up on the streets?

We give so much money to so many others in need... why are we not helping those with mental illness? I'm not talking about getting them hooked on a mixture of drugs that have side effects like suicidal tendencies. Hell, why are there even antidepressant drugs on the market that cause severe depression and suicidal thoughts? That itself is fuckin' crazy! And what they are finding out is that a lot of these shooters were on those meds before going off the deep end. I won't be surprised to find out this latest shooter was another one.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 28, 2015, 21:40 Paranoid Jack

Julio wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 19:44:
Considering Valve's own games give me extensive nausea compared to other FPS games, I'm just not buying this one.

+1/Bingo/Like/#younailedit

I had a good time with what I played but I never finished HL2 because of the sliding on ice feeling the entire game had. If you stayed still your character would start sliding one way or another. It took me awhile to figure it out since I couldn't play more than fifteen minutes at a time. If I did I would feel nauseous for an hour or two.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 27, 2015, 22:45 Paranoid Jack

Yep, you could say Elite gets boring really fast. After buying and upgrading a few ships you start to realize its all very repetitive. Space trucking is fun for a little while, mining is boring as Hell, but if you enjoy the combat/dog fighting it may stay fun a bit longer... it just gets boring after a few dozen hours for most people. Beautiful game, fun too, it just need a little bit something more to make it great.  

News Comments > Dawn of War Free Weekend
7. Re: Dawn of War Free Weekend Sep 24, 2015, 21:01 Paranoid Jack

CoH is the best RTS in my eyes. Every piece has a counter. Every grouping of units has a counter. Some may be harder to break but that is every RTS for the past decade. I haven't been able to play a WC/SC or DoW type RTS since playing the first CoH.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 21, 2015, 01:06 Paranoid Jack

Sepharo wrote on Sep 20, 2015, 15:13:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Sep 20, 2015, 13:07:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 19, 2015, 19:13:
I use my own modem and router with Comcast.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AJHDZSI/
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DB9WCR6/

I have the same brand of router. I have the Motorola SURFboard eXtreme Wireless Cable Modem & Gigabit Router SBG6580. How long have you had your account? I just signed up again a couple months ago and they refused to let me use mine.

My account for 6+ years, my modem for just a year I think.
Just hook it up, call in, and say you need to add a modem to your account. You give them the MAC address etc, and you should be set.

Yeah, that is how it worked for me last time I signed up. This time the rep told me it was not compatible. Guess it wouldn't hurt to give it another try. Worse case scenario they knock out my service for a little while. Last time I just hooked it up and never had to call them. I used mine and returned their modem to the local Comcast sales/billing office. Either way thanks again.

1944 Comments. 98 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo