Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1964 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10
6. Re: Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10 Feb 28, 2016, 14:52 Paranoid Jack

Glad to see XCOM 2 hanging in there. I am still having a great time playing it. Fallout 4, not so much. Got bored quickly. Getting Dark Souls 3 on the PS4 and Steam. I've logged more hours in Souls games than any others. Close second would be XCOM games. Would not hesitate to buy the DLC for either series... especially at a GMG discount.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dark Souls III Trailer
8. Re: Dark Souls III Trailer Feb 25, 2016, 23:32 Paranoid Jack

Have they nailed down the multiplayer? I know the bell summons/bell maiden from Bloodborne is not in. Instead you use an item that does not vanish from your inventory. I hope you can only be invaded if you have summonsed help. I know a lot of PvPers were complaining about invading to find a group of two or three people they had to take on all at once... but that is the way I want it to be. I hated playing late night/early morning and having the same over powered ganker invade me repeatedly and there was nothing you could do to stop it at times. The flip side, at times it was fun setting up traps for them. Of course when the game first releases that won't be as much of a problem until people start to learn all the tricks. Got release day forecasted as off.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 23, 2016, 02:57 Paranoid Jack

Because of the 3rd person cover mechanic it allows time to place shots and move while being concealed from taking damage. Not to mention you can adjust getting better with time and practice. It's not so bad. I am not as fast as I would be with a mouse and keyboard, no doubt, but then I don't have to be due to the games mechanics.

Yes, it is a shooter but not a true shooter. So again, I don't see it as requiring a mouse and keyboard. I admit I hated 3rd person shooters in the past and now they rarely make a 1st person shooter that I really enjoy. Worse, when they do make one I love the hacks can ruin it. So yeah, PS4 for me.

News Comments > Dark Souls III Pre-purchases
1. Re: Dark Souls III Pre-purchases Feb 22, 2016, 21:56 Paranoid Jack

Already scheduled release day off. Can hardly wait.  

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 22, 2016, 21:25 Paranoid Jack

Doma wrote on Feb 22, 2016, 06:33:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Feb 21, 2016, 23:15:
And I'm getting the Division on the PS4 to avoid some of the asshat hackers on the PC.

But... that means you have to play a shooter with a gamepad!

It's a 3rd person shooter. Only time it goes first person is if you have a high power scope. Not really a shooter... if it were I would agree with you that it would be far better played on a PC with mouse and keyboard.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 21, 2016, 23:15 Paranoid Jack

Loving XCom 2 with over seventy hours of fun so far. And I'm getting the Division on the PS4 to avoid some of the asshat hackers on the PC. I just took a look at the PC version in the open beta to see what I was missing with the better graphics. Other than that I wanted to keep my distance until it's release date. I had a blast playing Co-Op for about ten hours with my brother and a friend and I spent a dozen or more hours running the dark zone solo and loving it. Yes, there were people out to gank me but that made it more intense. More times than not I would get my goodie bag attached to the helo's rope before they were able to kill me. So I got the last laugh more times than not since they were now marked rogue and were left with no goodies.

I feel as if I have already got my money's worth from the Division and it hasn't even shipped yet. Plus, I am very much looking forward to Dark Souls 3 on the PC and the PS4. Gonna be a great year. I will log hundreds of hours on XCom 2 and DS3.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2016, 22:09 Paranoid Jack

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 20, 2016, 14:26:
Yeah, I wish. We have a fiber solution going into our area, but the way they are doing it totally sucks. Basically they cut the neighborhoods up in to areas/sections. To get the fiber in your area/section done, 50% of the homes in the area/section have to "commit" to signing up for the service. Since my house is in a section with lots of older citizens, the likelihood of reaching 50% is about 0%.

The fiber is going in literally across the street from me. My buddy 200 yds north, on a corner, doesn't get it either, but the people on the other three corners do.

What company is doing that? In this area At&t will take years if they ever put it in and Comcast is trying to get their network up to speed. Last time I talked to one of their guys they still had no idea when they would be able to provide gigabit speeds. Not to mention their price point and 1k install fee is a bit much. I'd be surprised if anyone offers gigabit in this area in the next two years. Not that most of us need anything that fast.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 18, 2016, 20:58 Paranoid Jack

Don't forget that he is a God!  

News Comments > Star Citizen's Discount Package for Backers
19. Re: Star Citizen's Discount Package for Backers Feb 12, 2016, 16:58 Paranoid Jack

Can't wait for the release candidate so I can try it out. I still hope they pull it off just because I would rather have a good game then the alternative. I know a lot of people are still interested because they are expecting a train wreck. We've seen plenty in this industry. They can be fun to watch, no doubt.

I've been watching from the sidelines for years and can't wrap my mind around it. This has got to be some of the best marketing evar! If they're not already doing it I predict there will be studies done to gain insight on how RSI was able to keep the crowd funding alive and at this fevered pace for so many years. It's fucking crazy!

News Comments > Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition
39. Re: Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition Feb 7, 2016, 23:54 Paranoid Jack

There is a nice mod that holds the count down timer on missions until you lose concealment. I find it much better since it allows me to play stealthy until I am ready to go loud. I agree with the use of grenades since they are a great way of removing cover and armor. But I try to always kill with gun so I can get those loot drops. They make a bit of a difference by buffing your guns.

There are a lot of mods out already. You can tweak your starting stats and even give your squads strong rifles which can make the game far too easy on lower difficulty levels. The beauty of it is that it is so very easy to mod.

So find your sweet spot with some mods and restart the game... enjoy one of the best turn based games to date. Yeah, I love it. So many sweet little touches. I have the president as a grenadier and the game nicknamed him Junkyard. Too funny. Also got several other characters from the real world and movies. Fun times.

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2016, 00:00.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Invades
33. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 6, 2016, 00:52 Paranoid Jack

More of the same (plus so much more) is utterly fantastic in this case. Going to be playing this game a lot. Loving it. What they have done with the modding this time around is just so sweet. I hope they are working on the expansion... yes, already.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 4, 2016, 23:50 Paranoid Jack

They are trying to give away TV services for free with broadband activation's here in California. My guess it is a feeble attempt at inflating their falling consumer numbers. Hard to ask for the same rate on commercials when their user base is declining so sharply. And since advertisements are their big money they are taking a hit.  

News Comments > Dark Souls 3 Footage
2. Re: Dark Souls 3 Footage Feb 4, 2016, 23:41 Paranoid Jack

Just 720p HD .... oh, the inhumanity of it.

Still, I can hardly wait.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Free Update
2. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Free Update Feb 2, 2016, 23:12 Paranoid Jack

Including this map there are now just six maps is that correct?  

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 1, 2016, 00:36 Paranoid Jack

Thanks for the info, Creston and Yifes. Hopefully their XCom 2 mod is as good as Long War was. I'll admit I got a bit over hyped for XCom 2 so I stopped watching the videos. I was starting to feel as if they were giving a bit too much info away. With XCom 2, The Division, and then Dark Souls 3 all back to back I am going to be having a great time gaming.

Shok, thanks for the heads up. I haven't play Grim Dawn in years. I better take another look.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 31, 2016, 18:00 Paranoid Jack

InBlack wrote on Jan 31, 2016, 17:46:
Man I can't wait for XCOM2. Been itching to play something new thats also pretty decent so I hope it delivers.

Oh, yeah can hardly wait. Got a three day weekend set up. I bought the game plus season pass for just under $55 off GMG. Looking forward to a couple hundred hours of game play over the next few years. Have you heard what they have up thier sleeves as far as the Long War modders? I think they have a mod in the works already.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 31, 2016, 17:10 Paranoid Jack

Playing the Division on the PS4 Beta and loving almost every minute of it. Think I may get it on the PC but using an XBONE controller via USB. Glad I gave it a chance because it's a great mixture of 3rd person shooterand MMO. I ran the dark zone solo for hours and had a blast. Got ganked half a dozen times but most of those were idiots killing me while attaching my extraction bag of contaminated goodie.

I had a 2nd character at level 7 with a dark zone level of 11 going on 12 after about five or six hours. Of course you're starting at level 4 upon entering the beta area. You can level in the dark zone fast. And yeah while shooting rogue agents you sometime get flagged as rogue yourself. Think it's a bug.

Last night I started a third character and used the match making and went dark zone. It is drop in drop out if you don't have it set to friends only.

Had a blast hope the servers are still up when I get off today.

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2016, 09:47 Paranoid Jack

What we are forgeting about... something which plays a huge part on how much you enjoy a game or anything else in life... and that is your state of mind. Your state of mind effects your emotions and perceptions. Maybe it's just here but he seems to be negative more than not concerning everything. Just saying it could be part of the problem.

I know in my case, I have been working long hours all month with only one day off to recoup so far. So of course I am falling asleep while trying to play Dark Arisen. That has nothing to do with the game. Though I'm at the point were Dragon's Dogma lack of fast travel is wearing thin. I still like the game... flaws and all to this point.

News Comments > No Mods for The Division; PC Specs Revealed
12. Re: No Mods for The Division; PC Specs Revealed Jan 23, 2016, 01:39 Paranoid Jack

I just saw this video trying to explain the whole Map-Gate issue. I will admit I'm not sure if the map/game size is going to be a problem. Seems like a lot of area to cover on foot. Especially if they have more than just one in ten buildings open for exploration. But I purposely pre-ordered from GameStop for the first time in years so that if the game feels flat while beta testing I can actually just say not today and cancel my pre-order.  

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 19, 2016, 00:15 Paranoid Jack

Sgt. Rock wrote on Jan 18, 2016, 14:23:
Quinn wrote on Jan 18, 2016, 10:23:
Personally I've become crazy excited for The Division by now. I'm also 80% certain Ubi won't deliver, and we'll look back at the footage they released thinking "What. The. Fuck? Did their computers + backup burn down so they had to restart from scratch a half year ago?".

They already cut up the map so the can sell the pieces as DLC:
the-divsion-2013-multiple-dark-zones-brooklyn-not-in-game.jpg

I als got a beta key from the Humble Bundle, so I'll see how much Ubishit fucked it up.

I noticed in the recently released Developer Backed Reviews that the map size was cut way down. I'm getting it for the co-op but the stupid full clip and a half to kill an enemy is just silly. Not sure how much I will play it but I will know more the last weekend of the month. If the beta is bad I can still back out of my GameStop purchase. The only good reason to use GameStop in my opinion.

1964 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo