Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1964 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No Man's Sky Released
92. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 14, 2016, 12:58 Paranoid Jack

heroin wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 10:16:
VaranDragon wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 08:50:
Slick wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 06:41:
the review bombing is pretty funny. But totally understandable, any game with hype this high is bound to make some people boarderline suicidal when it's just "a game" in the end. I think they deserve a solid 8/10 after the technical issues are mopped up by a larger QA firm, which is already underway. Game is exactly what they said it would be, and for some reason actually playing it I fall in love with the simplicity and don't really want anything else.

I'm finding it very zen. A total break from other genres. I never got into minecraft, or rust, or dayz, or fortnite, or any other crafty, survivaly, resource hoardey game like that. But for some reason NMS scratches that itch in a very chilled out way.

NMS is like electronic opium.

Let us know how it is after about 5 hours of gameplay time.

I think I played the game for about 5-8 hours yesterday, by the end of my session it was zen, like I could taste old LSD in my mouth (like a metallic dirty sock). Came across a space anomaly with 2 creatures (instead of 1, WHOA!!) in it whom pointed me back en route to my mission and finally gave me a fucking AtlasPassv1. I'm wondering if there will be more surprises after this point, besides getting to the Center. Still enjoying it, haven't been this immersed in a game in a while.

Though, holy shit, if you like "zen" gaming then I think the first time you breakthrough into a cave system in Minecraft is like the Brian Eno of gaming, at least for me it was a powerful gaming moment; procedural greatness with the accompaniment of brilliant music, sound and the tools to do whatever....

So the AtlasPassv1 is not at the center of the Universe?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

91. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 14, 2016, 12:54 Paranoid Jack

Slick wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 06:41:
the review bombing is pretty funny. But totally understandable, any game with hype this high is bound to make some people boarderline suicidal when it's just "a game" in the end. I think they deserve a solid 8/10 after the technical issues are mopped up by a larger QA firm, which is already underway. Game is exactly what they said it would be, and for some reason actually playing it I fall in love with the simplicity and don't really want anything else.

I'm finding it very zen. A total break from other genres. I never got into minecraft, or rust, or dayz, or fortnite, or any other crafty, survivaly, resource hoardey game like that. But for some reason NMS scratches that itch in a very chilled out way.

NMS is like electronic opium.

Well said! +1

90. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 14, 2016, 12:44 Paranoid Jack

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 04:11:
I'm enjoying it.

Had an issue with framerate, but set the cap at unlimited and as TB mentioned in his video I turned everything to low and then back to high and haven't had any major issues except when flying along the surface for long perios of time the game will studder for a second to load up more terrain.

Only on my 2nd planet (barren, no animals, and no hyperdrive yet) and I've spent about 5 hours just looking for upgrades (inventory/ship/multi-tool).

I'm enjoying it. But make no mistake it's a mining game with spaceships.

I bought No Man's Sky because I saw that Elf was playing it on Steam... thanks Half Elf! LoL, no really. I am thoroughly enjoying it. Though I went in with little to no expectations. I saw it as Minecraft meets Elite Dangerous. I played Elite and tried all the different career options, bought three ships, upgraded them and got bored. Have not played Elite since they added planetary landings which looks bad on the few videos I have seen. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong there.

That said I am running the game and running it well. At 4k mind you... 4096 x 2160. Yes, it has some horrible optimization issues. But I am still enjoying it for what it is. One caveat, I skipped Spore. Yes, Elite is a bit better on the flight mechanic as far as I remember. Still I think out of the gate NMS is a better game. As they continue to support the game I think it will be a much better game just as Elite is now years after it's early release.

I have played just over twenty hours now. I spent half that time on my starter planet. I have visited four planets and a space station. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I have bought my fourth ship and left two abandon ships where I found them because they were not better than what I already had bought. I have done a lot of trading and currently stand at 1.25 million units of credit after spending millions on ships already, d'Oh. I have taken out almost a hundred drones. I love how they call reinforcements and bigger and better drones join the fight. There is a wanted system just like GTA. I had it up to three or four stars because I was hiding in a cave with my crap starter weapon. No I didn't pre-order. Now that I have a much better weapon at my current location I am able to destroy drones with no worries. The weapon options are nicely varied though somewhat limited so far to mining, grenades, and bolt caster. I favor the plasma grenade options currently. A bit tricky to hit a moving drone yet fun. My mining laser upgrade can easily take out the current drones also. I wish there were options to steal an alien's ship. You can commit crime by breaking and entering buildings though I have not tried that yet. Not even sure you can have more than one save game?

Sorry to see so many are having issues booting it. I have an older system with a Nvida 970. I can list my specs if anyone really needs them. Yes, it is a console port so if you hate them you may hate this too. I went in needing something new to play. I found it. I have already got my moneys worth in my opinion and I will be playing this off and on for a while. Cheers everyone!

News Comments > On Sale
18. Re: On Sale Jul 5, 2016, 22:32 Paranoid Jack

Pretty low of them to do this and considering how this behavior generally turns people off or away from your product it is not a smart move. The negative PR that goes with the lawsuits alone plus the added cost of defending this in the courts will come back to haunt them. At least I hope it does.

That being said I bought a UK Import of the PC version on Amazon just so that I can revisit the game in October... but I feel kinda dirty now.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2016, Part 1
1. Re: It Came from E3 2016, Part 1 Jun 17, 2016, 01:30 Paranoid Jack

I did not attend but from the sidelines it was a very lackluster E3... at least from where I was sitting.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 12, 2016, 21:29 Paranoid Jack

Retired wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 09:46:
Watched some videos last night of friends playing. I am interested if the co-op mechanic works nicely. Would be fun to share the pain of the game with buddies - but with prior experience in the DS games.....I want to play and have FUN...hehehehhe not work.

When it slows down it may be a bit hard to matchmake but right now I am being pulled into somebodies elses game within five seconds on average for co-op and pvp invasions. Having a blast.

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 12, 2016, 07:02 Paranoid Jack

Yifes wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 22:51:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 22:13:
Most of what DS2 has still applies. Like before if you summon a helper you can be invaded and/or some areas allow for invasions automatically. Like Bloodborne you can use passwords to pull in friend(s) of any level and the game will scale them to your level. In DS3 if you use the dried finger a purple invader can come in and it speeds up the invasion process for others. Not sure what it means other than a covenant option for invaders. So you can have three summoned helpers and three invaders all at once. Total chaos. Every kill from either side gives everyone back an estus use. I was invading Japanese players all last night. Crazy fun. Hard too if you are taking on three of them. Oh, yeah, purple invaders can attack anyone/everyone. They invade by putting down their purple sign and the host allows them to invade by using the dried finger. Otherwise only red phantoms can invade. Unless you're a Sun Bro then you will look orange.

So again, the host summons which allows for one invasion per summoned helper. The host has to use the dried finger to get more helpers but its also allowing more invaders and faster.

That sounds great actually. I just hope they don't bring back the Soul memory system from DS2... I felt like I was being punished everytime I failed to retrieve my souls.

Matchmaking or invading/summoning is based on Level and Weapon upgrades. Here is a link with all the know details at this time.

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Summon+Range+Calculator

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 11, 2016, 22:13 Paranoid Jack

Yifes wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 15:01:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 04:01:
Love what they did with the PvP. Not perfect but close.

What changed with the PVP? Still have to finish Bloodborne so I won't be picking this up in a while...

Most of what DS2 has still applies. Like before if you summon a helper you can be invaded and/or some areas allow for invasions automatically. Like Bloodborne you can use passwords to pull in friend(s) of any level and the game will scale them to your level. In DS3 if you use the dried finger a purple invader can come in and it speeds up the invasion process for others. Not sure what it means other than a covenant option for invaders. So you can have three summoned helpers and three invaders all at once. Total chaos. Every kill from either side gives everyone back an estus use. I was invading Japanese players all last night. Crazy fun. Hard too if you are taking on three of them. Oh, yeah, purple invaders can attack anyone/everyone. They invade by putting down their purple sign and the host allows them to invade by using the dried finger. Otherwise only red phantoms can invade. Unless you're a Sun Bro then you will look orange.

So again, the host summons which allows for one invasion per summoned helper. The host has to use the dried finger to get more helpers but its also allowing more invaders and faster.

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2016, 22:25.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 11, 2016, 04:01 Paranoid Jack

Going to wait and see with the PC version of DS3 on Steam. I'll most likely get it during the Christmas sale. I just deleted my PS4 Japanese version just to be safe... don't want any conflicts with the NA version which is preloading and should install shortly. I logged over a hundred hours across several different character builds and had a great time. Fantastic game. Love what they did with the PvP. Not perfect but close.  

News Comments > Dark Souls III International Release Clarified
3. Re: Dark Souls III International Release Clarified Mar 26, 2016, 00:50 Paranoid Jack

I think this only has to do with the early release of some International versions because it seems to be working fine on my Japanese PS4 version. I have yet to be invaded but I have been pulled into dozens of other peoples games and had several people come into mine to assist me. I have heard that the XBOne version was 1.0 and that no multiplayer is enabled which is strange... but then there are not that many XBOne owners in Japan.

My guess is that they just made some changes that are not yet implemented in the International versions but are up and running in the Japanese versions? That said I did think it strange that the game had no multiplayer servers up until late afternoon of the 23rd. Also the NA digital release seems to be slated for April 11th. Either way I am good with it. The game is amazing and I have a collectors edition on order from Amazon.

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2016, 00:59.

News Comments > Dark Souls III Trailer
3. Re: Dark Souls III Trailer Mar 24, 2016, 15:43 Paranoid Jack

I've been playing the Japanese PS4 digital version from PSN and it is FUCKING FANTASTIC! Digital release was midnight Japan time 03/23/16. The NA digital release also appears to be 24 hours prior to the retail release. From the little I have seen of the recently released videos there are several popular Dark Souls YouTubers who were given media copies of the near finished game... if not the finished version so that they could post videos on YouTube and ramp up the hype. Watched a bit of this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ciPzLA2c04 while trying to find out if there was anyway to switch the subtitles and item descriptions to English in the Japanese version. Never found out but was glad to hear the graphics quality on the PC version will be amazing. Hell, the PS4 version looks pretty amazing.

The media events held over the past few months where the top YouTubers were flown to the LA/San Fransisco/London areas so that they could play/tape the game for up to four hours so that they could post up to forty five minutes of new footage. They were playing an older version which was a little less brutal. They were then given media copies judging by the videos popping up on the YouTubes.

Slight Spoiler Concerning Starting Class Options: I usually start as the Deprived class because he is level one and has a level ten across all attributes.... not this game. I could not beat the tutorial area boss or mini boss. I tried repeatedly but due to the low blunt damage and no armor I just gave up and rerolled a Knight which I never play as. I played a Pyromancer also and it was be far the easiest way to reach the Firelink Shrine.

News Comments > The Division Patch Tomorrow
1. Re: The Division Patch Tomorrow Mar 21, 2016, 21:05 Paranoid Jack

Still having a great time with this one. Went in with low expectations and was happy to find the newest loot addiction. And the Dark Zones are a blast. I like what they did and I am looking forward to what they can improve upon in The Division II.

Bad news? Dark Souls 3 is release Wednesday in Japan...

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records
8. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records Mar 10, 2016, 01:36 Paranoid Jack

Frijoles wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 00:59:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 00:17:
On one hand, good for Massive - on the other hand they'll probably want to push this out as a yearly title. I don't know if that'll work out for them.

It's a (somewhat) MMO, so yearly expansions. More than yearly, I believe. They have three listed already. Hopefully they come up with some new enemies. And someone that isn't named Alex.

LMAO, hearing "they killed Alex" over and over is getting kind of funny. I am having a pretty good time on the PS4 with it. Would have been a lot more fun last night and earlier today if UPS wouldn't have sat on my copy for twenty four hours before attempting to deliver it. I did laugh though when I saw UbiSoft were offering four packs of uniforms for $4.99 a pop. Servers are down and I've got to wonder if they are scrambling to add more hardware. I've had several quest/mission bugs so far and a few disconnects too. Still enjoying it quite a bit.

News Comments > Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die
79. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 19:10 Paranoid Jack

rudra wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 13:15:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 12:46:
LOL! Well...yeah! But we're not on Psychology Today's website we are on Blue's. And it was the point not the way I made it that matters. They keep trying to force shit on their consumers.

just tired of hearing that line.. like its meaningful in some way, when its actually completely meaningless... probly because tons of people i know say that shit constantly

I hear ya. My Boss is one of them. That is why it popped out. Either way thanks for reminding me it was Einstein. I had forgot and Google gave me the Urban Dictionary instead of the real deal.

Been a fun thread. Hope some of you can have a cold one and a rolled one... or just chill out.

25. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 12:46 Paranoid Jack

rudra wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 11:24:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 10:56:

They keep doing the same thing yet expect a different outcome which is the Urban Dictionary's definition of insanity.

its a quote from einstein...

pretty tired of people saying this all the time tho - "insanity" is a hell of a lot more broad than that stupid fucking "definition"

LOL! Well...yeah! But we're not on Psychology Today's website we are on Blue's. And it was the point not the way I made it that matters. They keep trying to force shit on their consumers.

6. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 10:56 Paranoid Jack

Red wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 10:43:
So they're trying to be like Apple even though Microsoft is a software company and Apple is a hardware company. I'm not sure there's enough room for two closed systems, and they're not going to beat Apple at Apple's own game. Microsoft will just squeeze itself out going this route.

They keep doing the same thing yet expect a different outcome which is the Urban Dictionary's definition of insanity. Should have learned by now... even before all that crazy shit with the XBOne which should have been the biggest wake up call so far. Yet they failed to learn anything from their mistakes. Only thing keeping them going is that they are too big to fail and their tactics are used world wide. The corporation I work for does the same things. Hell, our government does this very same shit. We have service/product X which we want to replace product A with yet everyone knows that product X is not as good as product A... but by using subversionary measures they make it the prevalent product. Of course this has been going on forever.

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2016, 11:08.

2. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 10:35 Paranoid Jack

Ah, you know you can count on M$ to fuck shit up even when they don't mean too.

nin, my plan is to switch completely to Steam OS when Windows 7 is phased out. Unless we all hear the loud pop heard around the world... that sound of M$ pulling their heads out of their ass.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Roadmap
10. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Roadmap Mar 4, 2016, 10:27 Paranoid Jack

Slick wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 01:40:
I think you mean darkzone, darkzone, darkzone.

Also I learned that you'll be able to build a currency converter in your main base to convert PvE money into darkzone money, so i guess if you just like grinding PvE then you can still buy good weapons in the DZ.

I'd rather be a sneaky ninja in the DZ, lureing unsuspecting noobs into my web of lies and deceit, playing friendly, then stabbing them all in the back and stealing their shit.

Oh, to hear the cries and lamentations that i heard in the beta again... it filled my soul. So much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

LMAO, thanks. You brought tears to my eyes but from laughter.

I wanted to get it on the PC but waiting to hear about the hacks and need to see just how bad it is. Please, let us know. If its not too bad I may pick it up for the PC.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Roadmap
2. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Roadmap Mar 3, 2016, 21:16 Paranoid Jack

Cutter wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 21:07:
All I see is, grind, grind, grind.

Yep, should be fun for a bit. Sure that I will get my money's worth no doubt.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10
17. Re: Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10 Feb 29, 2016, 22:45 Paranoid Jack

Primalchrome wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 14:54:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 14:52:
Getting Dark Souls 3 on the PS4 and Steam. I've logged more hours in Souls games than any others.
Why do you buy it on both? Just curious. I bought the original Dark Souls on Steam and liked it so much I bought it used on PS3 because it felt a little more crisp on the console.

You nailed it. I too felt the controls were better on the console. Playing on the PC had a slightly different feel even with a controler. So why both? I want to see it with the graphics cranked up high on the PC but when it comes to the multiplayer I will spend most on my time on the PS4 since there are a lot less hackers. The PC version of any game will always have ten times more hackers even on Steam. I'm still going to have a good time on the PC but I think the PS4 will get more attention... at least for me. I don't care what platform it is if the game is great I will play it. Though not on the XBOne... doing my best not to buy one.

1964 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo