Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 1964 (Pro)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 25, 2016, 15:05 Paranoid Jack

Saboth wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 13:39:
El Pit wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 13:23:
It's good to see Divinity: Original Sin 2 up there. If it is as good as the first one, I will be very happy with that they have done with my kickstarter money!

I recall last time it paid to wait (if you are looking to save money). I believe I saved about $10 over Steam's release price by going to GMG right when the game was released. I think there were other deals as well, so people that preordered ended up paying more than everyone else that waited, and they were not happy. Larian has given deep discounts depending on if you own their previous games. I'm not sure if they'll do that again.

Until just now I had not been to KickStarter for a very long time but I did pledge to both 1 & 2. I got a lot for my pledges not to mention two copies of two fantastic games. So a friend of mine got a lot for nothing, lol. If you look at the pledge features, the stretch goals met, plus take into account Larian's long track record... well, there is little doubt DOS2 will be fantastic.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated]
85. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated] Sep 24, 2016, 13:39 Paranoid Jack

NasWulf wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 12:35:

I hate to say it .. but damn it , slick and even cutter are right on this one

If you are aligning yourself with Cutter you have got to be questioning yourself... right? Right?

Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 10:17:
The hypocrisy in this thread and on this topic in general is sickening, to say the least.

Yes, yes it is. I now know I should not have taken the bait but I was trying to bring a bit of levity in here after it went off the rails early on but I was throwing fuel on a fire and the crazy train went full on Cayce Jones.

WaltC wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 09:53:
Anyone who would ostracize another person because of his choice of presidential candidate is a jackass in my view (and I don't mean anyone in this thread because I haven't read it.) ~~~~~ Any developer who would ostracize customers simply because he doesn't like their choice of presidential candidate is a fool. I don't intend to argue this. There is nothing to argue.

Finally, a few more level headed people with a filter. Thank you. Glad to see the pendulum swinging a bit more toward center here. It is just the internet and just Blue'sNews but still such a shame how some people here show their hate and throw crazy accusations about as if they are off their meds. Before early this morning I thought more of you were intelligent, well spoken, and understanding members here but this thread has shown several of you in a new different light.

49. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash Sep 24, 2016, 04:57 Paranoid Jack

DangerDog wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 04:50:
Slick wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 21:47:
I know I'm going way off topic, but I enjoy Keith Olbermann, he's articulate, perceptive, and unlike most liberal democrats, seems to have the ability to actually get MAD at the shit that should be making people MAD.

Watch this, and tell me what in the hell is going on in America:

https://youtu.be/D7d2ayLb2lg

Funny Olbermann doesn't mention when Clinton brought up the potential assassination of Obama as a reason why she stayed in the race in 08.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0QAewVrR28

Here's what's going on in America. Clinton was suppose to go up against Jeb. It was suppose to be a cakewalk for her because nobody was going to vote for another Bush. Hell, even Barbara Bush knew it and said it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62RG4VNgGdM

Trump of course threw that plan into chaos.

When Trump gives campaign speeches he's tapping into the same tribal instincts that propels Americas love affair with sports, his unscripted, often politically incorrect statements resonates with many people as someone willing to speak their mind and not be afraid of offending someone.

If what you read is true though Clinton has the "electoral vote" locked down for her, there's like 24 states where the electoral college can pick anyone they want. Trump will probably win the popular vote but she'll end up winning the electoral vote.

Oh, it's a rigged system all right. I've known that since my first government class in the 8th grade.

47. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated] Sep 24, 2016, 04:48 Paranoid Jack

Slick wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 04:35:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 04:09:
El Pit wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 03:34:
When the whole wide world thought that you can go no lower than George W. Bush, Obama and his Administration of criminals which included Hillary happened.

There I fixed it for you. So yeah, why Trump is where he is? To me it is so very easy to see and understand. The so called two party system put forth the worst bunch of hopefuls ever and the Democrats thought Hillary was their best option? Seriously? How can anyone backing Hillary be surprised that Trump is winning so far? Oh, sure you can believe the so called polls that the propaganda machine is feeding you weekly but don't be surprised come November.

Seriously, how can people be so blind? When you only see and listen to what the national propaganda/media outlets are feeding you you are really just sticking your heads in the sand. If you can not understand and listen to opposing views then you're willingly putting on blinders. In the same way that you are what you eat. If your only intake of information is all a one sided view you're gimping yourself. Labeling yourself a liberal/conservative and/or democrat/republican helps in some instances but mostly it has a negative effect. Be an independent. Don't trust either side and stop drinking the kool-aid.

Why Trump wins = Democrats chose Hillary

Second person in this thread that's touted the "opposing views". So let's have it, what's the opposing view? What's Trump's platform? Link to it specifically, or give me a nutshell paraphrase that can't include the words: "Great, "America", "Again" or "Make" in the same sentence.

You try and twist seeing and hearing Trump actually speak, into the liberal media putting words in Trump's mouth.

1) You speak as if there's a vast left-wing conspiracy to... what? Let Trump get away with saying some of the most vile shit ever said by a Presidential candidate and not hold his feet to the fire? When he does something atrocious, he just does something less bad 6 hours later, and then everyone in the media has totally forgotten about the first awful thing. And 2) I don't need any media commentary to judge what I've seen him say with my own eyes and ears.

As far I can tell, Trump has made no secret that he is a Bioted, racist, homophobic, sexist, uneducated huckster.

Let me give you a snapshot of the progress made in the last 8 years: Unemployment is under 5%, gas costs $2 a gallon, Bin Laden is dead, the majority of troops are out of Iraq and Afghanistan, violent crime is down, Homicides are down, there's been 9,265,000 new jobs created, 614,000 less long-term unemployed, S&P 500 is up %139, there's 15,300,000 less uninsured, wind and solar is up %273, export of goods and services is up 31%, petroleum imports are down 62%, U.S crude production is up 87%.

So what EXACTLY is the problem?

and how EXACTLY is Trump going to fix this "problem"?

You are drinking the kool-aid! Damn, I would never have believed it. Where did you get that I am supporting The Donald? I stand firmly in the Anyone But Hillary camp. Again, are you drinking while watching YouTube liberal progressive videos? Please, calm down before you have an aneurysm!

44. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated] Sep 24, 2016, 04:40 Paranoid Jack

El Pit wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 04:20:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 04:09:
When the whole wide world thought that you can go no lower than George W. Bush, Obama and his Administration of criminals which included Hillary happened.

There I broke it for you.

Dude, compared to GWB, a drunk gorilla might have been a better choice. Then again, you are PARANOID Jack, so years of therapy might make you see the light.

You are right, though, that Hillary is definitely not a great candidate either, but the choice is between somebody whose whole agenda is to behave like a retard in public and a woman who is definitely too full of herself but has at least a political understanding of what is going on in the world. Good choice? No. Easy choice? For all people who have left the trees for more than three weeks, yes.

What is crazy to me is how one side or the other only seems to hear the scary shit the opposition is saying. Democrats can't see all the lies, corruption, and criminal behavior their candidate has been swimming in for decades. They over look it or dismiss it as trivial conservative attacks. Yet point out things The Donald jokingly implies. The request for Russia to share Hillary;s emails for instance. OMG, it is treason! He is not fit to be president!

What about Hillary mishandling national security for years? Is that assuring to anyone? Who really wants that clown in charge of the US? Somebody so stupid to not know how to properly protect secrets of the state... or in reality somebody so arrogant to think she can do as she pleases with classified documents because she is above the law. Isn't that some rich hypocrisy? Again how can anyone be surprised that Trump is running away with this election?

41. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated] Sep 24, 2016, 04:22 Paranoid Jack

Slick wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 04:05:
bigspender wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 01:01:
Like SouthPark puts it - it doesn't matter if you're voting for douche or turd face.

Either way it's not going to be good. Vote some independent in instead.

It's exactly this kind of thinking that got the world Bush Jr. It's a strawman argument that people who are too intellectually lazy to think for themselves love saying. "It's just one guy holding up both puppets! There's no 2-party system, it's the same party!" Yeah, you know that South Park is a satire show right? You might not want to set the bar a bit higher when it comes to making decisions that will affect the entire world. Fucking apathetic hipsters.

What has he actually done? Other than 3 times call for the thinly-veiled assassination of the person he's running against? How about openly asking Moscow to breach the national security of the former Secretary of State? That isn't treasonous enough for you? Saying that he'll pay the medical bills of anyone who roughs up an anti-Trump protester at their rallies? Not to mention the lies upon lies upon lies.

He came out this week saying that he never started or had anything to do with the birther movement, in fact he says that it was Clinton that started it. Yes, THAT birther movement, the one that Trump spent 5 years pushing forward. This person is so deranged he applauds the way Russia and North Korea are running their countries, applauds their leaders. I'm not making this stuff up.

Do you not think that this is dangerous? This is the most un-American candidate I've ever seen, that the history of America has seen. Not worth voting against? By not voting against this madman, you're complicit in the crimes that will result of a Trump presidency, I wouldn't want that on my conscience.

Dude, again I think I woke the house. I tried to stifle the laughter but it got out several times. Are you drinking heavily tonight/this morning? My assumption is that you are binging on a steady diet of liberal media. Check the other side of the coin yet?

37. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated] Sep 24, 2016, 04:09 Paranoid Jack

There I fixed it for you. So yeah, why Trump is where he is? To me it is so very easy to see and understand. The so called two party system put forth the worst bunch of hopefuls ever and the Democrats thought Hillary was their best option? Seriously? How can anyone backing Hillary be surprised that Trump is winning so far? Oh, sure you can believe the so called polls that the propaganda machine is feeding you weekly but don't be surprised come November.

Seriously, how can people be so blind? When you only see and listen to what the national propaganda/media outlets are feeding you you are really just sticking your heads in the sand. If you can not understand and listen to opposing views then you're willingly putting on blinders. In the same way that you are what you eat. If your only intake of information is all a one sided view you're gimping yourself. Labeling yourself a liberal/conservative and/or democrat/republican helps in some instances but mostly it has a negative effect. Be an independent. Don't trust either side and stop drinking the kool-aid.

Why Trump wins = Democrats chose Hillary

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Maps and Modes Detailed
12. Re: Battlefield 1 Maps and Modes Detailed Sep 21, 2016, 02:30 Paranoid Jack

<Electric-Spock> wrote on Sep 21, 2016, 00:30:
Slick wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 22:36:
thecakeisalie wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 22:24:
RaZ0r! wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 20:34:
Nothing has matched Rush in Bad Company 2 to date for me. BF3 and BF4 both had it but it just wasn't the same and I'm not really sure why.

Bad Company 2 was, by far, my favorite Battlefield. You earned everything. There was no "I'm too lazy to just play the game" cash shop and no obnoxious "Season Pass" bullshit. I couldn't get into BF3 and I gave BF4 a miss completely.

Loving something like a grown up requires recognizing what was good and bad about them. No prone-ing, no strafing while sprinting, servers capped at 32 players, there was a lot that the Bad Company series left to be desired if you're being honest.

And furthermore, do you actually know a single human being who's actually purchased a weapons upgrade pack? I don't. And If I did I wouldn't hate them for it, just feel bad for them that they obviously don't have enough time to enjoy unlocking things as per normal. Either way, it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game one bit.

And BC2 kinda sucked because it only had one DLC, it was a GREAT one however, but only 4 maps. I had a lot of love for BC2, and would have wished that they'd support it with additional content. After BC2 Vietnam got stale, there was a void in my FPS playtime that wasn't really being filled with anything.

Supporting a game with extra content isn't a bad thing, I know this is a crazy notion. It's giving the people who love the game more stuff to love. And if you don't love the game, then you're not missing out. How is there still a discussion about this? People act like the 3-4 times that console games included DLC on the vanilla game-disc is the norm, and that any additional maps were just "cut" from the vanilla game. It's a strawman argument. Expansion packs have been around for literally decades.

Loving something like a grown up? Ease up Dr. Phil...

Many of us grown ups here grew up with the battlefield series. However, there are plenty of gamers out there that feel battlefield didn't grow up with them and they site BC2 as the last official offering.

BC and BC2 helped the frostbite engine enter the game. I would imagine hardware and their engine optimizations at the time would have made it more difficult to do a full blown large scale BF, so they made a small and tight game. What they did right is focus on gameplay and they nailed it, it was fun. This was the last game where DICE pretty much had full control of their game.

Next, EA has fully bought out DICE and controls the next development cycle. Since then, many of us feel the series has taken too much of a casual approach.

A solution for this would be mod tools. How about BF 2 mechanics, with maps being 2-3 times larger in scale and 100 people? How about a Project Reality HD remake? So much potential with the Frostbite engine, so little explored.

Mod tools would ensure every man and child had their respective gaming needs met.

Hope I didn't just wake everybody asleep here. I laughed so hard when I read that Dr. Phil line I may have woke a neighbor.

When I read the title of the first map, Ballroom Blitz, I laughed because I had a flashback to when I was a young boy in Germany. And I had to wondered if the developers where Sweet fans?

I'm down with BF1 even if they nerf the Light Tank... which I feel they should just leave as is. A tank should take a bit of effort to take out. A tank should be feared. A tank should be powerful.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
37. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 19, 2016, 10:57 Paranoid Jack

Primalchrome wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 10:12:
warmbluelasers wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 06:39:
The problem is too much reliance on automated & community moderation. It was easier to keep a lid on hackers in the days of privately run dedicated servers with admins.
I played CS on dedicated servers a lot years ago. You're viewing the world through rose colored glasses, because I remember cheating to be wildly rampant. Speedhacks, wallhacks, aimbots....you name it and it was everywhere. Bans against good players (who weren't cheating) were also a regular thing with ego-driven admins. Punkbuster helped somewhat...but it was still VERY prevalent. But the internet was small then....cheating today facilitated by large hacker groups for PROFIT....not for fun. It's just like the new Crypto malware/virus forks that are all over the place....it didn't seem as bad back then because there wasn't any money in it and the world was smaller, not because we were supermen and more skilled at stopping it.

I have not played competitively since the days of R6 RvS. As I remember it it was just as bad with Punkbuster than before Punkbuster. It was just that the industry and Punkbuster were promoting their anti-cheat system as the best alternative when in actuality it was the same shit different name. There were cheats out that PB could not detect that required the admin to see a screenshot of your game folder to actually see if you had a cheat file present. LoL, and of course you could hide it very easily.

My clan played in two leagues on two ladders here in NA with some members living in the UK and Italy. Not to mention spread all over the US and Canada. After a few months of competition we found that each of the top teams had members that were also admins on the league forums and PB forums. One female PB admin/player was busted for having hacks claiming her son had been using her PC and that he must have installed the hacks. LoL!

The nail in the coffin for me was a two stage implosion of the clan. First one of our members, Badger, was caught with a hack which got him banned and the whole clan suspended. Then after gaining access to compete again we were fighting our way back up the ladder trying for a spot at second rung on the ladder and two guys in the clan had an argument during the match. An asshat going by the name of Jethro threw the match giving us the loss. It was the game mode were you had to escort a VIP, he was the VIP and ran out into the open getting himself shot. Next round he shot the VIP himself. What a douche.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 18, 2016, 00:43 Paranoid Jack

Tom wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 22:05:
Simon Says wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 19:30:
He never ran to Russia, get your facts straight please. He saw his travel privileges revoked and was stuck in Russia when on the way to Ecuador and he is still stuck like Assange is stuck in the Ecuadorian embassy in the UK.
This bit is so conveniently and consistently ignored by the anti-Snowden folks. Ignorance or malice?

Oh, there is no doubt it was done intentionally. The Obama Administration was probably weighing their options (China or Russia) and thought Americans would think worse of Snowden if he were in Russia since that implies in someway they were involved? WTF! Seems to be the long running tactic of our government and more recently the Democrats. They pulled out that dead horse for The Donald just weeks ago. Seems it didn't work this time though.

Having spent nine years in the USAF. Most of it working in reconnaissance I know first hand the need to have penalties for improper use or handling of classified information. I didn't even have the clearance level Hillary and/or Snowden had. That said if I had mishandled just one secret I could still be in the United States Penitentiary, Leavenworth, Kansas. Or possibly have been executed? Fast forward to today where one of the candidates running for the office of president has not only mishandled an unknown number of classified documents over a period of four years but also used her office as the Secretary of State to peddle influence and access to the highest bidders from around the world.

So I ask you. How can anyone not calling for Hillary to be taken into custody and charged demand that Snowden be charged? It is mind numbing. There must be penalties to those who abuse their power and access. Seeing all these hypocrites in office committing crimes that would land any normal person in prison yet for them it's just another negative news story they can hopefully ride out is the highest form of hypocrisy.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access
5. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Sep 15, 2016, 21:14 Paranoid Jack

I am playing DOS EE now and loving it. I kick started both. Not touching the early access though. I will wait for the completed version. Don't want to spoil it. Looking good so far. If only a few more studios could make RPG games as fun as Larian.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
12. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 9, 2016, 00:39 Paranoid Jack

My guess is that even if Project Scorpio actually lives up to the six teraflop hype by that time Sony will already have the PS5 midway into their development process. I am skipping this version of the XBOne/XBOne S and the next most likely. I canceled my pre-ordered XBOne when MS went all crazy with their draconian rules in the last six months before launch. No regret there either. I love my PS4 and prefer it's controller over the XBOne controller every day of the week. I have pre-ordered the PS4 Pro because I love PS4 games as much as PC games at times. I may still back out of it but at this point it looks like a win win for me since I already have a 4k HDTV as my primary gaming monitor. I just need to do the research and be sure all games will run better on it... even those that are not getting an update to run in 4k. From what I understand, yes, all games will run smoother and some developers are going to patch them to increase texture quality and such. As far as the 4K Ultra Blu-Ray player goes I think it is still too early in its life cycle to worry about having it. Blu-Ray quality is already fantastic. I do look forward to the 4k upgrade when it gets a little more commonplace but I'm thinking it will be a few years before the majority of homes are using one or more 4k monitors or HDTVs. I also think the price point of the PS4 Pro is going to hurt Scorpio before it is even out on store shelves. MS is way behind and desperate to gain some ground on Sony's total systems sold. So when MS released the Slim info along with Scorpio to follow a year later their current XBOne sales dropped off and those I have talked to who own the current model say there is zero reason to get a XBOne S at this point unless your current XBOne takes a dive. My guess is that they will mark it down this fall for Christmas sales. Sony will match or beat them plus Sony will have time to develope their next system before Scorpio even releases and I am sure it will come with an Ultra Blu-Ray and most likely beat MS next gen to the market by a year or maybe two. Which could be devastating as long as Sony's hardware keeps up or surpasses Scorpio. Just my two cents...

Edit: Just researched a bit more and it seems your choice of 4k TV or choice of monitor will make or break the experience as far as the PS4 Pro 4k option with HDR. I was happy to see that Sony patched HDR into my monitor a few months back. So I am eagerly awaking Nov 10th to see just how good it looks. I know BF1 looked freaking amazing in 4k. I had so much fun on the PC version I neglected to even sample the PS4 offering.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2016, 01:08.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday
43. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 8, 2016, 00:11 Paranoid Jack

As far as the no HUD suggestion I saw this YouTuber post this days ago I think it looks like hardcore mode. Looking forward to trying it out myself. I'll bet there are servers set up this way if not there should be.

https://youtu.be/f30mH6XXtog

37. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 7, 2016, 12:55 Paranoid Jack

@Slick

My favorite tactic if I get a tank at start of round is to capture the first flag then roll to D. I sit back and kill troops with the shrapnel/shotgun round. Using the rocks as cover and retreating if any troops try to get close enough to lob anti tank grenades. After a bomber tries to take me out but misses me I use the craters they created to drop medical and ammo crates down low in cover for the ground forces then I just sit there low and take out oncoming troops, light vehicles, and tanks. I have even taken out low flying planes with the shotgun/shrapnel rounds. You don't get an instant kill but if you hit the engine it will take it out causing the plane to crash since it is so low to the ground.

Nothing better than sitting there in wait for a fast moving light vehicle full of troops then hitting it at the last second as they come in to cap the flag. Seeing it explode in a fireball, bodies and debris flying in all directions. Absolutely amazing! It takes thirty or more seconds for the game to post all your scores and bonuses and usually by then you have already killed more troops. My only complaint is the trajectory of the rounds which you pointed out and the misses with the anti personnel rounds are infuriating at times. I almost create a video about it for YouTube but figured they must know about the sporadic hit detection with most weapons. I have seen some concerning sniper rounds and others weapons.

I'm debating if I should just take the plug and buy the full game with season pass. I'm just worried that Dice will not combat the hacks as aggressively as they should. I have seen dozens of people banned already by fairplay or whatever their anti cheat program is. So it seems like this game could be another classic Dice game. I know I will love it but will I be playing it through next year? The first map pack add-on is slated for 03-2017. Why so far out? That should be moved up by three months in my opinion. But they may still have their hands full trying to make BF1 a bit smoother launch than the last game I bought BF4.

30. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 7, 2016, 00:25 Paranoid Jack

Nice, bet you had people calling you out for hacking too. Total blows my best score out of the water. A couple days back I had a 47 kill streak in the little tank but then died half way into the round and couldn't get another tank. After that my K/D ratio dropped fast. I was spawned in front of certain death repeatedly. The browser sometimes tells you when you click on a teammate that they are under fire but just as often it just drops me right in for another death.

Update: This guys video pretty much demonstrates the tank and why it is not really OP it just appears to be since there are just a lot of people who don't know how to play very well in the beta right now. I never use this version of the tank but may try it out. I like the version that is able to drop medical kit and ammo.

https://youtu.be/koRd63XBDc8?t=401

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 2016, 01:32.

10. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 6, 2016, 12:13 Paranoid Jack

Yeah, it is a huge blast. I've been playing it every chance I get. Level/Rank system is strange. I am Rank 57 or 58 over all. But there are also ranks for each class I think? I have thousands of warbonds I don't spend because the stats on the gear I have yet to unlock is lower than what I am using currently. It was slow going last night while having a blast in a fighter which gives very little points as is plus if your team rules the sky... three of us were on every plane that spawned like white on rice.

It is a Dice game. Beautiful, fast paced, and buggy as Hell. It has all the bugs every previous version has had so it can really piss you off while it gets your adrenaline going. They really need to do another Beta after they tweak it and fix some of the bugs... HA! I am joking. Those who have played numerous of their games know that most of the bugs will stay. But still it's a damn good time. I was shocked how good it looked and how well it ran with max settings in 4k. At 1080 resolution everything had a weird too shiny look as if covered in rain. But on the higher resolutions/settings it looks normal or less shiny. I am on an old 970 and it will start to chug while transitioning from overhead UI zooming down to the ground where it is spawning you but only after hours of play. I have 16gb of RAM though. So your mileage may vary.

I am getting it but screw this new over priced model for game plus season pass. If I prepay for the whole enchilada I expect a discount and judging by the current prices I will not be shocked if they start raising the prices for all DLC. Hell, the DLC is suppose to have more maps than the fucking original game. From what I see ten maps are planned for the game and sixteen for the DLC, plus two new armies? Talk about fracturing the community.

My Origin user ID is TheParanoidJack, please add me so we can play smart and rack up some crazy points.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2016, 20:51 Paranoid Jack

Fake hawk throws fake snake at fake family picnic.... D'Oh! Didn't even look close to the real thing in anyway, lol.

How has everyone been enjoying the BF1 Open Beta? I have put in a lot of hours but I must say it feels more like an Alpha then a Beta ...and just a month or so from release. I am having a good time but the shit ton of bugs has me worrying. If it was money out of my pocket I would be mad as hell. I am actually thinking about not picking it up. Which pisses me off because I skipped their last two messes hoping they would learn and get better. The worst part for me is the randomness to the hit detection and at times the hitboxes behaving as if they are not there is annoying as hell. I see people getting banned quite a bit. And I know I have been killed by what appears to be a hack since the kill cam shows there is no possible way for the player to even have a line of sight on me. So there must be hacks already. I would go into more detail but I don't feel like wasting half an hour. There are just so many bugs both funny to game breaking irritating. It is a shame because the game is a blast and looks fantastic at highest resolutions with max settings in 4k even... it runs well. It is just the broken feel to the UI and having to repeatedly mash buttons with no response from the game is getting old. Oh, one other thing. The sand storms are blocking my vision which they should and they look fantastic... but why are people able to see me and snipe me from a long distance when I can't see twenty yards in any direction?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2016, 16:29 Paranoid Jack

Pigeon wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 13:07:
Who would have thought indiscriminately spraying pesticides could have any kind of negative consequence. There's certainly no precedence to suspect this.

LoL, thanks. The older I get the more irony, sarcasm, and cynical thinking make me laugh.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 2, 2016, 11:27 Paranoid Jack

"Google Fiber will no doubt continue its broadband experiments, while coming up with excuses for its shortcomings and learning curves. It will also no doubt continue to seek favoritism from government at every level. Just last week Google Fiber threatened the Nashville City Council that it would stop its fiber build if an ordinance Google Fiber drafted wasn’t passed. Instead of playing by the same rules as everyone else building infrastructure, Google Fiber demands special treatment and indeed in some places is getting it, unfairly. Yet, Google Fiber still complains it’s too hard…and costs too much…and takes too long… even as it’s reported that Google Fiber will now try to do all this with half its current workforce." Said, at&t?

Ha... the irony is so thick here. I love it. One of the best things about growing old and becoming salty.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 DLC & Season Pass Details
21. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC & Season Pass Details Aug 25, 2016, 03:06 Paranoid Jack

Sepharo wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 21:58:
16 maps in the DLC? How many in the base game?

Right now their site only lists five current maps revealed.

1964 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo