Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paranoid Jack

Real Name Paranoid Jack   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Paranoid Jack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.speedmatters.org/cwatest
Signed On Nov 5, 2001, 00:47
Total Comments 2004 (Senior)
User ID 11537

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > BioWare on Their New IP
6. Re: BioWare on Their New IP Jan 31, 2017, 22:42 Paranoid Jack

NetHead wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 21:27:
Cutter wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 21:09:
Prior to EA that would be exciting, now not so much.

Absolutely.

Baldur's Gate > Neverwinter Nights > KoTOR > Jade Empire > New Franchise, sounds exiting.

Instead I don't really care, especially not with this useless "news" release.

The only thing BioWare has made since EA that was a nice surprise was Dragon Age Origins. Just look how that that turned out....

My thoughts exactly. I bought all three DA games but only really liked the first. I enjoyed the next two to a certain point but felt burnt by them. I am not buying another Bioware game anytime soon. And never again on initial release at full price.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced
33. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 27, 2017, 11:23 Paranoid Jack

I'm in for the CE. I love seeing fans get behind a studio for a game they really want. I have enjoyed my time with all of them and I feel I got my money's worth from all but one of them. Even that game I can play for as long as they keep their servers up which should be for decades. I assume anyway. It seems to be getting better each time I pop into the game world to see how things are going.

So I have but that one regret with these crowdfunded games. I funded big that one time. Well if you don't consider CE big. I fund the CE level quite often. I pay extra for the nostalgia of the old days. Getting a huge box with lots of swag is even better. But I will never pledge big big again... that one game which I will not name... is still in beta two and a half years past the estimated release date even though they took in almost twice their goal. I have yet to feel it was worth it. Probably never will. Even though the founder and team has been working on MMOs and RPGs for more than three decades what they have so far is just not captivating enough to buy in at anything other than the lower levels. The only saving grace of my big donation is that because of my funding level I can step away from the game and not have to worry that my lot and all its content will be sent to the local bank account as soon as the taxes are past due. My lot is tax free.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Video; Livestream Today
3. Re: Call Of Cthulhu Trailer Jan 20, 2017, 18:55 Paranoid Jack

I thought the combat in Age of Conan was good but the game was not fleshed out beyond the starter area. Once you started venturing further out it was clear it was not ready for release. I beta tested for a couple months and then played the free month but shut it down after that because I wanted them to finish developing the game before charging a monthly subscription for it. I never went back for more than a couple weeks.

This looks a lot like AoC and if it has the same style of combat it will be fun. Not sure I like the giant avatars... the gods but everything else sounds interesting enough to check out. Only thing I am wondering is why they have not put a price on it yet?

News Comments > Conan Exiles Server and Mod Support Details
4. Re: Conan Exiles Server and Mod Support Details Jan 13, 2017, 15:16 Paranoid Jack

I'm curious to see what the price of entry will be. It sounds good, no doubt.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Torment: Tides of Numenera
14. Re: Gone Gold - Torment: Tides of Numenera Jan 12, 2017, 14:21 Paranoid Jack

Was more than happy to put my money down on this KickStarter. Looking forward to it. I missed out on Tyranny. Friend told me about it on Steam recently. I will have to check it out too. Too many good games and not enough hours in the day.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 DLC Plans
1. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC Plans Dec 20, 2016, 12:29 Paranoid Jack

Still enjoying this game though I have not yet hit the max level. Not racking up the kills like in the beta is one reason. No worries though. I really only play for enjoyment. I have noticed again there are still a lot of one shot kills by sniper rifles and shotguns so hopefully those are next on the nerf list. Lately I've seen a lot of strange things during my last few play sessions. Being shot down by an artillery truck while I was in a fast moving fighter plane while zigzagging over the battlefield dodging flak was the craziest thing. The first time I thought, oh shit that guy got really lucky... but the second time he shot me down I couldn't help but wonder. I still see a lot of global bans happening so there are still idiots trying to download skillz instead of just learning to play the game. People are strange.  

News Comments > For Honor P2P Complaints and Dedicated Server Petition
13. Re: For Honor P2P Complaints and Dedicated Server Petition Dec 19, 2016, 21:47 Paranoid Jack

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 14:54:
Ok first off they have Alpha forms (same as they did for Steep, and The Division). Secondly it's called a TECHNICAL ALPHA TEST. Thirdly they did break the NDA.

And as for an idea of how the game will play, Ubisoft has ran open beta tests for the majority of their recent releases that heavily feature Multiplayer. Ghost Recon Wildlands (just had a Tech Alpha and will have an open beta), The Crew, The Division, For Honor.

And from what I understand (or have only seen) For Honor is multiplayer only.

My bad, Elf. I thought you were bagging on me. Sorry....

5. Re: For Honor P2P Complaints and Dedicated Server Petition Dec 19, 2016, 12:43 Paranoid Jack

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 12:30:
Here's the issue. It's a FUCKING ALPHA TECHNICAL TEST. If you can't even get past that part then please don't EVER sign up for a fucking Alpha or Beta test of anything... ever.

LoL, seriously? I have noticed what appears to be a lot of anger on here lately. From several people on numerous threads. One of the reasons I have not posted much and have been visiting less. I just gave my opinion on the short weekend alphas. Isn't that why we test? To get an idea of how we will like the game? Plus it helps them to stress and bug hunt if we actually report issues and give our opinion. So why would/should I NEVER EVER FUCKING ALPHA TEST AGAIN? LMAO. Take a chill pill... spark one up maybe? It's Christmas and should be a time of good cheer right?

Back to the original reason to post. I need to log into PSN and check my emails. I didn't see any notice of the single player test so I am left wondering if I may be able to sample the campaign because it does look interesting.

For Honor Single Player Footage

3. Re: For Honor P2P Complaints and Dedicated Server Petition Dec 19, 2016, 11:52 Paranoid Jack

I was in the alpha I think... and it may be my age coupled with arthritis but I just couldn't get into it. I really enjoyed watching some of the better YouTubers play it but not sure I will be picking it up.

Oroboro Plays For Honor

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Patch Complaints
16. Re: Battlefield 1 Patch Complaints Nov 22, 2016, 00:19 Paranoid Jack

I have noticed a bit of a change in the graphics and my opinion is that the patch has done more harm than good. I loved the game as it was in the beta version. I'm not liking the nerfs even though I am getting use to all of the changes over time. Strange but shotguns are so OP that I can not believe they didn't nerf them. Lately it seems like half the players are using them. It's actually more like one third shotguns, one third sniper rifles, and one third a mix of all other guns. Crazy but even on a server with <50 ms ping it can occasionally play like shit. I think that is why so many people are crying hacks. They see themselves being one shot while at times none of their bullets even damaged their opponent after they see the hit detection/indicators registering hits on their targets. I see it on occasion myself and I usually jump server when I noticed a lot of erratic hit damage going on.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Fall Update
21. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 16, 2016, 00:46 Paranoid Jack

Well there must be a lot of people crying on the EA/BF1 forums because they busted out their nerf hammer again and I don't like what I am seeing. Why totally change the balance of the game every patch because some small group of players doesn't like the way the rock paper scissors currently works?

Stupid the way they keep screwing with the gameplay. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2016, 15:00 Paranoid Jack

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 11:26:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 11:17:
A huge heartfelt thank you to all those that have served. Thank you all.
Ditto.

Although it technically includes me since I served 7 years, 3 months and 10 days in the USAF -- I never really think of myself as a "veteran" since I was never in a war zone. It was really more like just another job I have on my resume...

Thank you, Mr. Tact. I too served for nine years but have never felt comfortable referring to myself as a veteran even though I did serve in a combat zone. I was also USAF and although it was dangerous for different reasons I never put myself on the frontlines as a combatant like so many others have. Those people are the true veterans to me.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2016, 11:17 Paranoid Jack

A huge heartfelt thank you to all those that have served. Thank you all.  

117. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 01:18 Paranoid Jack

Can't We All Just Get Along?

70. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 01:58 Paranoid Jack

El Pit wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 23:56:
In Europe, today is 09-11-2016...

Some US citizens might want to flee the country. Move to Germany, I heard they take everyone.

I liked Trump's slogan "Make America White Again!" the most.

He will grab the statue of liberty by the pussy because she is just another bitch, right? Theresa May and Angela Merkel might want to stay away from him.

Dear white trailer park people, your dream has become true: the borderwall to Mexico will be built and the Mexicans won't take away your working places anymore! Please meet at a plantation close to your trailer park tomorrow at 5 a.m. and start your dream job as a cotton or orange picker that has just become available! Devilish

I have been laughing at all the Chicken Littles of the mainstream media and thought I would come back to more of the same here.

Hearing the so called journalists with their frantic hyperbole on the verge of insanity has been entertaining. Trying to understand how they still have not been able to get the votes tallied when the polls have been closed for almost six hours now on the east coast is beyond strange. Is it surprising to anyone that the mainstream media as much as anything helped to carry Trump to this point?

60. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2016, 22:18 Paranoid Jack

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 21:43:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 21:00:
Retired wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 17:44:
Somewhere along the way, and it is evident here as well, that if you oppose something/someone you hate them. We have lost the ability to be civil and live next to eachother....

Yep, sad isn't it? Today whenever we hear two opposing views almost instantly one side pulls out their cliche insults in an attempt to shutdown the other side as if they have some form of arrested development or didn't mature past their early teen years. I've not been a member of either party for my entire life but it seems that the left uses that tactic far more than the right. I always laugh because they have chosen their sides not being able to see that both the left side and the right have some good qualities that benefit us all. Another funny behavior is those people that refuse to see any wrong with their candidate claiming it is all the work of the other side and their new network while they look at the opposition as naive. Too ironic.

I've spent a fair amount of time thinking about this. But haven't really come up with any useful answers. I lean left, but I do have some right leaning opinions. The standard label of "social liberal, fiscal conservative" is close, if not precise. A former co-worker, let's call him Frank, is someone I worked with pretty regularly for 20 years, and someone I socialized with too -- we were on a bowling team together for 8 years or so. Frank is far more conservative than I am. Frank listens to Rush, Hannity, and the rest. I know Frank pretty well. And even though our political discussions were occasionally loud neither of us really ever got "mad".

But this election was the split. We don't talk politics any longer. To me it is clear -- Trump is unfit to be President. Yeah, Hillary is a terrible canidate. But she is qualified. But Frank can not or will not see that. And I personally find that unacceptable.

Frank is a smart guy. He is not some hillbilly punk. He is not a racist. He is an average guy, who goes to church on Sunday and has a wife and two kids. If Frank can't see past the right's cloud of nonsense, the country is doomed to this "new normal".

Politics and Religion on two things that should not be discussed at work unless both side are willing to keep an open mind and even temper. If you can not debate a point from the opposing side then it is best left alone. That helps to keep the peace. Otherwise you both need to step outside of your box and look at the other side with an open mind. Yes, Hillary has experience in politics but to a good many that is a negative not a positive when coupled with her criminal past. Those who don't buy into your way of thinking see her as pure evil. Just as you see Trump. And a Trump supporter views your complaints of him with a very skeptical eye when you are willing to overlook Clinton's past. Plus a lot of the lefts labels of him have been proven false. Yes, he is a loud mouth moron at times but our last two presidents were no better. They both lied repeatedly. So how could a business man do any worse than a lawyer? Time will tell.

I've noticed with all the released wikileaks emails that a lot of liberals that loved Julian and wikileaks before are not so enamoured now. I believe though damaging we all needed to see the true depth of corruption that most of already knew was there.

57. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2016, 21:59 Paranoid Jack

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 21:39:
Why are states like Florida and Ohio so important? If it's based on electoral votes, wouldn't a state like California, New York, and Texas be more important since they have more or is it because they're historically one way or another and written off?

If Trump lands Florida and Ohio, is that basically his golden ticket?

Ohio and Florida are important for the amount of electoral votes, yes. Living in California for the past twenty five years I can tell you this... in several previous elections people on the west coast were becoming irate with the major news networks call the election before our polls even closed. A lot saw it as them trying to influence the outcome by discouraging voters from going. Here in California even though a large portion of the state is given to the right the left always wins because of the electoral votes given to the bay area and LA. So 51% of the state carries it. Knowing that I still vote because of the local props and measures not to mention Mayor, Senate, school board, etc.

There are several states that will always be right or left judging by previous elections. So that is why key swing states help a candidate to win or lose. What I find strange is how Trump has a 10% lead in Ohio and they are still labeling it as too close to call. I do notice a lot of sad faces on the mainstream media tonight so I think Trump is close to sealing the deal. Either way I hope Prop 64 passed and marijuana will be legalized. We will all need it...

52. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2016, 21:00 Paranoid Jack

Retired wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 17:44:
Somewhere along the way, and it is evident here as well, that if you oppose something/someone you hate them. We have lost the ability to be civil and live next to eachother....

Yep, sad isn't it? Today whenever we hear two opposing views almost instantly one side pulls out their cliche insults in an attempt to shutdown the other side as if they have some form of arrested development or didn't mature past their early teens. I've not been a member of either party for my entire life but it seems to me that the left uses that tactic far more than the right. I always laugh because they've each chosen their sides not being able to see that both the left side and the right have some good qualities that benefit us all. Another behavior I find funny is when people refuse to see any wrong with their candidate claiming it is all the work of the other side and their news network while they look at the opposition as naive. Too ironic.

Clinton with her thirty plus years of experience should have walked all over Trump in this election. Him with his bravado and lack of a filter it should have been easy. Truth is her history of and continued criminal behavior was her own worst enemy. You can say or think that it is the crazy Trump supporters that got him this far. That me be a small part of it but open your eyes and look how the minorities are supporting Trump. There was a lot of soul searching and looking at the decades of Democratic rule over the poor in cities and states around the country. I think a lot of people just don't fall for the lefts bullshit anymore. They see how they come out to ask for their vote and then forget about them after they are elected. We all see it. Bernie might have been a change in that regard but the DNC and the Clinton Campaign stole his chance at the whitehouse. So the left imploded around the cheating of Bernie and the right exploded over the overwhelming support of Trump. What is sad is that most of you fanatics (from both sides) can't see that you too appear to be crazy when viewed from the other side of the aisle. I laugh when people talk about the opposition all the while refusing to see the level of corruption from their chosen one that wasn't really the chosen one at all. So it makes it easy to see you as having a skewed perspective. Can't you see that?

And yes, not matter who wins tonight we all lost something along the way. The left choosing the most corrupt candidate ever to run was mind boggling to the majority of the country which includes a majority of her own party. So I can agree with some of your thoughts on Trump but I can not agree or understand anyone that supported Clinton. You can call me a crazy Trump supporter. You can call me a racist homophobic xenophobic retard... I will just laugh and feel sad for you. I was never a Trump supporter but I could never support another Clinton either.

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2016, 21:40.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2016, 23:47 Paranoid Jack

Legal Disclaimer: The following is my opinion and nothing more than that! None of you are going to like what I have to say. Just a fair warning. Forgive me.

I agree with most of your comments about how the industry works... or doesn't work is more like it. What the big providers have done is change the game on us the public/consumer. Even with the current regulations still in effect the individual state run public utilities commissions seems to be asleep at the wheel. Or they have all been paid off because they are not enforcing the current regulations. They haven't been for a decade. Oh sure, every few years somebody didn't get their pockets padded well enough and gets a state level fine pushed through but other than that they are all oblivious to what is happening. I have worked in the industry for more than twenty years now. I've watched and continue to watch them manipulate the customer base and the government to get what they want. All while draining the life blood of the old baby bells. They did this all while allowing the local networks to crumble... deteriorate. They have tried for almost two decades to get the old regulations over turned so they can do as they please with no oversight. It has not work to the level that they want so they adapted their service to fit what is considered unregulated. That is why every company spun off their Internet service to a separate part of the company. Comcast created Xfinity. AT&T created U-Verse. Verizon created Fios. Cellular and Internet are still mostly regulation free.

We all thought Google getting into the gigabit fiber to the premise segment for residence service would force the others to compete or be left behind. In a way it worked but in the past two years there has been another shift. The local providers starting upgrading their networks to provide a form of gigabit service. Comcast locally is more than a year behind with their deployment and now I doubt they will ever make it work. Nor do they want to. Why? Because they are all working together now to roll out 5G. Even Google has joined them. If any local provider rolls out anything other than the new fiber that will feed their future portion of the 5G pie I will be highly surprised. They may supply a temporary gigabit service but it will be phased out and converted to 5G within five years. What does that mean? Everything you get from the big entertainment companies will be cellular or wireless. Your Internet. Your TV services. Your home phone even. Will all be cellular or VOIP based services. All of which are currently non-regulated services. Some may like it but most of us understand what this means. Every service you have will be like your cell phone. Your use of that service means you agree to be monitored. So if any agency wants your info they just ask your provider, pay the small fee, and the provider gives them all your logged usage info.

Just so you know or if you didn't already know... 5G is still in the planning stages. They are all fighting to get their say on what the next gen cellular network standards will be. This will take three to five years to reach maybe twenty to fifty percent coverage. And as we all know within a six to seven year period they will stop expanding and begin gearing up for the next standard. So they are all promising our politicians how they will roll out eighty percent coverage of their territories yet it will never happen. We have seen this multiple times already have we not? ADSL, ADSL 2+, FTTN, FTTP, and not even LTE services have ever reached the promised coverage.

What does this mean? If you are in the area they choose to put on the back burner you may never get anything better than what you have now. Most of us know this already. But if you are lucky you may fall into their proposed area, you sign up for their 5G, and you make it that much easier for all our government agencies to monitor you. Crazy fucking world.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 29, 2016, 18:07 Paranoid Jack

Cutter wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 14:15:
Well duh, but with a mostly apathetic populace of sheeple that don't know or care that's not going to happen. Big Brother is on the way.

Oh the way? Shit he has been here for a decade or two... maybe more.

2004 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo