Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zyrxil

Real Name Zyrxil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zyrxil
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 25, 2001, 23:23
Total Comments 770 (Graduate)
User ID 11452

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Republique Kickstarter Ending
19. Re: Republique Kickstarter Ending May 11, 2012, 10:55 Zyrxil

Jerykk wrote on May 10, 2012, 22:59:
While the game is clearly designed for iOS, that doesn't necessarily mean it will be a shitty game. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery was also designed for iOS and from what I've heard, it's pretty great. From what I've seen of Republique, it looks like it would work fine with a mouse using a simple point and click interface. The devs have talked about redesigning some elements for the PC version but even if they just resort to point-and-clicking, I'm fine with that.

S&S is interesting, but it's pretty much an artpiece, not any game in the classic sense. Music and atmosphere make up the majority of the experience.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Republique Kickstarter Ending May 11, 2012, 10:53 Zyrxil

Teddy wrote on May 10, 2012, 23:46:
Zyrxil wrote on May 10, 2012, 21:45:
MGS Halo FEAR are not 'ideas' properties, and people who worked on them simply do not deserve any public funding.

So no one, out of the HUNDREDS of people who worked on those games could possibly have an original idea that's worth investing in? None of them? Why is that exactly? Because YOU didn't like the games, everyone involved from the lead designer to the interns fetching coffee are now to be blacklisted?

Some people just amaze me with the idiocy they can spew.

'Blacklisted'? Check your own retardation first. Kickstarter is public funding, and the public certainly has no power to blacklist anyone. If they want to do "Epic Action Stealth Game, but on Mobile!", they can shop it to Publishers because that's where you get funding for Mainstream Game Proposal #1728. You don't request 500k of Kickstart money for Halo 5 to show interest to Microsoft, and you don't do it for some shit like Republique.

10. Re: Republique Kickstarter Ending May 10, 2012, 21:45 Zyrxil

Didn't even hear of all those other objections. I simply skimmed to

Developed by industry veterans behind AAA games like Metal Gear Solid, Halo, F.E.A.R., Kinect, and cutting edge videos like the Skyrim television spot and the iconic iPod “silhouette” ads, République represents a strategic alliance between Camouflaj and Logan to make an epic action game designed specifically for touch-based devices.

and just No. No. Veterans of Kinect. Ha. MGS Halo FEAR are not 'ideas' properties, and people who worked on them simply do not deserve any public funding. They even put in an irrelevant resume padding entry about iPod ads. This is shit.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Bullet Time Trailer
2. Re: Max Payne 3 Bullet Time Trailer Apr 13, 2012, 10:57 Zyrxil

It's a shooter where headshots count for regaining bullet time. I don't see how this is even a question.  

News Comments > Serious Sam Double D Enhancements Planned
1. Re: Serious Sam Double D Enhancements Planned Apr 11, 2012, 11:16 Zyrxil

/rimshot  

News Comments > Quoteworthy: AC3 Dev on "Cancerous" AAA Games Growth
5. Re: Quoteworthy: AC3 Dev on Mar 9, 2012, 17:08 Zyrxil

Name a way in which AC was innovative and unique. And don't say "You're playing a character in a videogame who is playing another character in a videogame."  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2012, 11:53 Zyrxil

That's good news, because if GW2 is coming to consoles, that means it almost certainly will be released at some point.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Tim Schafer on Game Budgets
15. Re: Quoteworthy - Tim Schafer on Game Budgets Feb 12, 2012, 13:46 Zyrxil

At this point people are just donating to see how high they can get within the time limit.  

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs Won't Let True Crime Die
12. Re: Sleeping Dogs Won't Let True Crime Die Feb 8, 2012, 20:08 Zyrxil

Could also translate to "sanitary".  

News Comments > BF3 DLC Announcement As Early As Next Week
4. Re: BF3 DLC Announcement As Early As Next Week Feb 3, 2012, 23:47 Zyrxil

No, that's bad summation on Blue's part. In the period up to Dec 31, 2011, it has sold 10 million copies.  

News Comments > PC Rayman Origins in March
4. Re: PC Rayman Origins in March Jan 26, 2012, 22:03 Zyrxil

Actually, the only DRM is supposed to be a 1 time activation. I guess because it's not a game being released at retail.  

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Interview
3. Re: Legend of Grimrock Interview Jan 17, 2012, 11:11 Zyrxil

It -looks- very nice, but real time combat/everything is a deal breaker for me.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Q.U.B.E. & Demo
11. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Q.U.B.E. & Demo Jan 7, 2012, 13:39 Zyrxil

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 7, 2012, 02:29:
jimnms wrote on Jan 7, 2012, 00:10:
Looks interesting, but the lack of control customization means it's going on my wait list. I can't stand WASD, I've tried it, it's clumsy and I don't like it.

QFMFT

I don't understand WSAD. It is cramped. We aren't 6, we need more room.

I use ESDF normally, but it's a nonfactor here. WASD and Spacebar for jump are the only keyboard controls.

News Comments > Unofficial Skyrim Performance Boost
2. Re: Unofficial Skyrim Performance Boost Dec 24, 2011, 12:03 Zyrxil

This "improvement" also causes most scripted events to not occur, so you shouldn't actually use it.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 9, 2011, 11:53 Zyrxil

"Best Performance by a Human Male". That is pretty damn specific.  

News Comments > Skyrim Patched, LAA Fix No Longer Works
16. Re: Skyrim Patched, LAA Fix No Longer Works Nov 21, 2011, 23:04 Zyrxil

Link to Alternate method for LAA.

News Comments > PC Batman: Arkham City This Month
3. Re: PC Batman: Arkham City This Month Nov 8, 2011, 12:18 Zyrxil

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 11:19:
Wtf.. a 3 day delay for "the rest of Europe?"
You know what you guys did.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Nov 8, 2011, 11:48 Zyrxil

Illumin wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 10:30:
Buddy if you think im going to wait another year to buy Skyrim when i have 60 bucks burning a hole in my pocket your nuts!
Now if its a game im somewhat interested in like say Saints Row 3 ill do this. I go to work every day so I can buy shit when I want to buy shit.
That's like the worst example. You know there's gonna be a ton of gameplay systems broken in Skyrim at launch. It's stupid to buy it before the 3rd patch and 50th essential mod.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Hacked to Work Without Origin?
23. Re: Battlefield 3 Hacked to Work Without Origin? Nov 2, 2011, 17:19 Zyrxil

Morgan19 wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 15:11:
So it doesn't get to the point of "logging in"?

I start up Origin, login, and click on BF3 to play; that launches Battlelog and I log in; I find a server and click Play again. Then Origin tells me it's launching BF3, the blank window pops up and then just sits there. I login to Battlelog fine, if that's what you mean?

I also just tried IE9 (have been using Firefox) and it returned an error saying IE9 x64 isn't a supported browser.

Does Single Player work or do both SP & MP not start?

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - The Cursed Crusade
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - The Cursed Crusade Oct 26, 2011, 09:33 Zyrxil

Would it really kill publishers to space these things out so there's not a lull in releases from February to September?  

770 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo