Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jamie

Real Name Jamie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Morgan19
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 21, 2001, 00:09
Total Comments 1106 (Pro)
User ID 11406

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > Morrowind Gold
122. Re: ... Apr 30, 2002, 02:07 Morgan19

And for a few dollars more you can get a GF4 Ti4200, which destroys anything currently offered by ATI as well as its own GF3s. Read the reviews.

m19

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

119. Re: Errr! Apr 30, 2002, 00:14 Morgan19

Morgan.

m19

News Comments > TRIBES 2 Goes Into The Garage
18. Re: Tony Apr 30, 2002, 00:00 Morgan19

What's your screenie in T2, and do you ever play Renegades? I'm Morgan19 there as well in case we ever bump into each other.

m19

117. Many, many threads Apr 29, 2002, 23:54 Morgan19

There's at least 3 conversations, if not more, going on at once in this thread. =P

(EDIT-) Tony, you're still my hero. Sort of.

m19

This comment was edited on Apr 29, 23:54.

114. LOL! Some people... Apr 29, 2002, 22:25 Morgan19

You completely missed my point and only ended up restating exactly what I was saying in the first place while at the same time whining like an idiot.

I WAS ARGUING *IN* DEFENSE OF DF AND MW!

My point was that people who think that DF was bug-ridden and worthless are putting that same label on MW before it's even out, and I was stating that the game was made many years ago so there are obviously going to be differences. Therefore, it's not fair to compare MW to DF. In no way did I ever say DF sucked, in fact I still have it lying around but can't play because I can't get it to run correctly on XP with an SB Live card. (And if someone could ever give a straight explanation of HOW to get it to run in XP with sound and at regular speed, I'd be there in a second.)

I'm upset, as you put it, that people are comparing the two NOT by my thinking that DF was bad but that MW will be THE SAME GAME both technically and stylistically. NOT that DF bad. NOT. Got it?

So what exactly is it your panties are in a twist for? Becaue you misread my post? Lord man, try reading and understanding a post before you flame anonymously for it. I loved Daggerfall, I will love Morrowind, and right now I don't have a very high opinion of you. I'm laughing my head off at the moment because you got mad at me because you misunderstood and I AGREE WITH YOU! I think DF is a great game! I loved it when I could play it, so I really don't see what your deal is.

Please, people, show some restraint before you post, ok? This last anon post is a perfect example of the old phrase "putting one's foot in one's mouth," or making an ass of oneself. Nothing quite like seeing you get defensive when you didn't even understand the argument in the first place...

m19

This comment was edited on Apr 29, 22:46.

111. Shipping Apr 29, 2002, 21:38 Morgan19

The three various terms (gone gold, shipping, and in stores) are quite different. Gone gold just means it's being mass produced in preparation for shipment, shipping either means the game company or retail ship sites are able to send it then, and in the store means when it'll be widely available at regular outlets. It could very well be shipping on the first, but not get to you until a week later after going through the outlet and is in transit.

m19

108. Re: Hmm... Apr 29, 2002, 21:30 Morgan19

>> Jeez, man, thanks for the scrolling text spoiler! Now I'll never be able to enjoy the movie.<<

A little late with that one... As for your question about V5 support, you might want to take a look at this thread: http://www.elderscrolls.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=313893&page=&view=&sb=&o=

And to Phyrebird: True that some games that look promising fail to deliver, but MW is hardly PoR2 and... honestly? If you're silly enough to put 80+ hours into it and only THEN realize that it's unstable and stinky, you might want to rethink your gaming ethics.

I'm getting really tired of the comparisons that MW is going to be DF. The game was released what, almost 8 years ago? Something like that. And no, being jaded is hardly a "fact these days" and again, I'm really sorry if you feel that's truth. If you've learned to be skeptical, it's your loss because I rather think things are good until proven bad, not the other way around.

m19

This comment was edited on Apr 29, 21:35.

105. Re: #104 Apr 29, 2002, 20:31 Morgan19

m19

103. Re: #101 Apr 29, 2002, 20:16 Morgan19

Gandhi, you're acting like knowing one little bit of information is going to ruin your life! =P I *really* don't think knowing thefirst 5 minutes of a game is going to make that big of a difference any more than knowing that the first few minutes of the next Star Wars movie will have the same theme and scrolling text... You'll get past it and then there'll be the rest of the game/movie, you'll be happy, and life will go on.

>>Oh well, it is no big deal.<<

Exactly.

m19

100. Re: More drool fodder :) Apr 29, 2002, 17:06 Morgan19

I don't see how it's stupid, I've read bits on at least 3 other sites in the past few months (despite Bethesda's warnings) who have posted how character creation ensues. It's not like this is the first preview to have done it. The stats are probably straight out of the strategy guide.

(EDIT-) Woohoo, 100 posts in this thread.

m19

This comment was edited on Apr 29, 17:21.

97. More drool fodder :) Apr 29, 2002, 16:38 Morgan19

http://pc.ign.com/articles/358/358037p1.html

It has spoilers and stats, though, in case that bothers you.

m19

88. Exploration Apr 29, 2002, 00:16 Morgan19

I don't know about everyone else, but I realized one of the reasons I'm so looking forward to MW. I was watching "The Jeff Corwin Experience" on Animal Planet tonight and he was somewhere in Madagascar, wandering around a forest and going through a waterfall. Like the preview the other day that mentioned finding a pearl at the bottom of a lake, I'm really looking forward to just exploring the world and finding hidden stuff like that: I can't exactly just get up and take a trip to Madagascar, so this is the next best thing. Can't wait, can't wait.

m19

80. Strat Apr 27, 2002, 21:25 Morgan19

So has anyone picked up the strategy guide yet? I'm interested to hear how it measures up, from what I understand there's little crossover between the manual and the strategy guide so it should have some good info.

m19

74. Re: Drunk Tony Apr 27, 2002, 03:00 Morgan19

One, you are my new (sad) hero. And two... Get some sleep.

m19

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights Movie Mania
3. It's your fault, not theirs. Apr 26, 2002, 22:12 Morgan19

I can play it fine. :D;P Just read the first post or do a bit research on your own (what an idea!) instead of blaming it on someone else.

m19

71. Re: #69 Apr 26, 2002, 21:39 Morgan19

So is Tueday the official date then, or is that the projected "week early" one? One of the reviews mentioned being able to run it acceptably (albeit with heavily lowered settings, I'm sure) on a pIII-600 and a GF1 (*gasp*) so I'm hoping my 1.2Ghz Tbird + GF2 Pro setup will handle it nicely until the 4200 comes out.

m19

67. Re: A week early? Apr 26, 2002, 16:45 Morgan19

No kidding? Where do you live?

m19

News Comments > Morrowind Roundup
4. Re: Game Industry preview Apr 26, 2002, 07:43 Morgan19

First week of May. Only a few days!

(...I just may, eat some hay, by the bay! Okay!)

m19

This comment was edited on Apr 26, 07:43.

News Comments > Morrowind Roundup
1. Getting closer... Apr 25, 2002, 21:26 Morgan19

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait! That new video on TechTV really reminded me of playing Daggerfall for hours on end. (Ahh, back when there was no responsibility. ^_^) And from what I hear the strategy guide came out today? Bathroom reading, lol!

For those people whining about how all the hype is based on nothing more than pretty screenshots and that it'll be bug-laden like Daggerfall, this should shut you up (which has been mentioned in just about every preview prior):

>>While on the topic of how Morrowind compares to Daggerfall it is worth mentioning stability. Daggerfall was a huge game; there is no denying that. The problem was it was possibly too huge. There was too much scope for bugs and although the game developed a big following, non die-hard fans of the game may have been put off by save games that corrupt themselves, impossible to complete quests or random system lock-ups. Despite the preview copy of Morrowind only being in the Beta stage, I can already say stability has improved a great deal over Daggerfall. I havenít had any problem with saved games going wrong, and no system lock-ups. The only thing I have experienced on a fair number of occasions is being dropped back to the desktop. By a fair few I am talking a handful of times in maybe 15 hours of playing the game. Considering the size of the game and the fact this is only a Beta version I think this is very good going and stability looks promising for the final release.<<

m19

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 23:09.

63. Re: Previews Apr 25, 2002, 19:34 Morgan19

lol, I like this anon. A few things:

1) >>not everybody has the time to register on every single
board.<<
That's hardly an excuse. If someone has time to write a post, they have time to register. In any case, that argument was over a few days ago... Let's let it drop.

2) >>But people should still stand behind what they post, I agree with you on that one.<<
Yes, they should.

3) >>As for the #40 anon poster: Men that would rape women tie em up and sell them into slavery deserve a long and
painfull castration. Even those that fantasise about
doing it<<
Well said, well said.

m19

1106 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo