Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jamie

Real Name Jamie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Morgan19
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 21, 2001, 00:09
Total Comments 1089 (Pro)
User ID 11406

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Morrowind Roundup
4. Re: Game Industry preview Apr 26, 2002, 07:43 Morgan19

First week of May. Only a few days!

(...I just may, eat some hay, by the bay! Okay!)

m19

This comment was edited on Apr 26, 07:43.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morrowind Roundup
1. Getting closer... Apr 25, 2002, 21:26 Morgan19

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait! That new video on TechTV really reminded me of playing Daggerfall for hours on end. (Ahh, back when there was no responsibility. ^_^) And from what I hear the strategy guide came out today? Bathroom reading, lol!

For those people whining about how all the hype is based on nothing more than pretty screenshots and that it'll be bug-laden like Daggerfall, this should shut you up (which has been mentioned in just about every preview prior):

>>While on the topic of how Morrowind compares to Daggerfall it is worth mentioning stability. Daggerfall was a huge game; there is no denying that. The problem was it was possibly too huge. There was too much scope for bugs and although the game developed a big following, non die-hard fans of the game may have been put off by save games that corrupt themselves, impossible to complete quests or random system lock-ups. Despite the preview copy of Morrowind only being in the Beta stage, I can already say stability has improved a great deal over Daggerfall. I havenít had any problem with saved games going wrong, and no system lock-ups. The only thing I have experienced on a fair number of occasions is being dropped back to the desktop. By a fair few I am talking a handful of times in maybe 15 hours of playing the game. Considering the size of the game and the fact this is only a Beta version I think this is very good going and stability looks promising for the final release.<<

m19

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 23:09.

News Comments > Morrowind Gold
63. Re: Previews Apr 25, 2002, 19:34 Morgan19

lol, I like this anon. A few things:

1) >>not everybody has the time to register on every single
board.<<
That's hardly an excuse. If someone has time to write a post, they have time to register. In any case, that argument was over a few days ago... Let's let it drop.

2) >>But people should still stand behind what they post, I agree with you on that one.<<
Yes, they should.

3) >>As for the #40 anon poster: Men that would rape women tie em up and sell them into slavery deserve a long and
painfull castration. Even those that fantasise about
doing it<<
Well said, well said.

m19

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
5. Not quite... Apr 25, 2002, 19:22 Morgan19

That's not particularly true, for several reasons, the least of which is the word "was." We're talking about a next-gen videocard, not something from the past. If you're trying to run a bunch of hardware and throw a high-end videocard on top of it all then yes, *amount* does matter just as much as if it's an Enermax, for example.

m19

1. PSU (again) Apr 25, 2002, 09:47 Morgan19

This is directed towards the person who asked about "too high" a PSU on yesterday's post: Today's review didn't say anything about PSUs (why do they leave that out?) again, so I'm doing a little asking around and'll find out what level it needs since I want to know also.

(EDIT-) Alright, I got an answer of 450W but that does seem a little high to me, especially since a lot of gamers are still running 300-350W PSUs.

(EDIT #2-) A bit more of a realistic answer this time. You should be able to run a GF4 fine on 300W (or higher, obviously) but it'll depend on what other hardware you have and if you're overclocking.

m19

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 10:52.

3. Re: PSU? Apr 25, 2002, 09:39 Morgan19

Nope, although you can't really go up into the levels that'd be dangerous anyway. I think the max PSU a regular consumer can pick up now is around 500W or so, and that wouldn't harm anything. And you'll be set for future upgrades.

m19

58. Re: #57 Apr 24, 2002, 13:23 Morgan19

>>I certainly don't like being lumped in with "stupid anons."<<

The phrase "I don't like" sure sounds like you mentioning something you... uh... don't like. Maybe I'm hallucinating. And I'm really sorry, but you've kinda lost the ground under your argument here. The whole reason you said something about my attitude towards anonymous posters was because, as the quote above illustrates, you got annoyed that you were being lumped in with them so you wanted to say something about it. But then you say:

>>I do not care how others see me. Life is too short to worry about living up to everyone else's standards.<<

Interesting. If you don't care, why bother saying anything about it? If you don't care and, as you say, life is too short, why did you bother wasting 5 minutes posting about it? It sounds like you're just being defensive now because that's a pretty glaring hole in what you're saying. Try to maintain one viewpoint next time. (Aren't debates FUN?)

m19

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 13:42.

56. Re: 55 Apr 24, 2002, 12:40 Morgan19

Actually you're quite wrong. I use Morgan and Morgan19 everywhere online, and if someone really wanted to find info on me it's not that hard. My point was that people who don't bother registering and make crap comments like "Tihs gam3 sux0rz!!!" don't want to be found and be responsible for their actions. You can't compare the two. If someone asked me to continue a conversation over email I'd mail them address and we'd talk, but I seriously doubt 99% of the anonymous posters would bother. Also, if I register than I'm guessing that Blue or Frans would be able to do something to my account specifically rather than just the IP address. Quite a difference, not just having a name as you seem to think it is.

If you don't like it, why not register? Then you wouldn't have to worry about it. You have every power to change how others see you, so don't complain when a generalization is made that you can make a difference towards.

(EDIT-) You brought up a good point about my info here, but the fact is it's psychological: There can be 20 million anons who reside under the IP anon@208.35 for example, but only one Morgan19, etc. If there's only one of you, you have to fess up to what you do and say. If there's someone else (on the same network as you, for example) then you'd get lumped in with them if they posted. Once again, a huge difference between the two.

In any case, there's now some more info for you about me in my description if you're really that curious, lol.

m19

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 12:49.

54. Re: #53 Apr 24, 2002, 10:18 Morgan19

<<and I decided for some reason you had to be saved from that<<

My hero! ;)%)

m19

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. SoF2 Apr 24, 2002, 10:04 Morgan19

I'm actually getting fairly interested over this one. After playing the test for a few days, I reinstalled SoF1 after *un*installing it several years ago. My opinion was that it was boring, repetitive, and not really all that fun. But for some reason now (maybe it's after the inundation of HL-clones and thinker shooters), I'm having a blast with SoF and am really looking forward to the sequel. It's not quite as mindless as Serious Sam (fun in its own right) but not as sloooow as some other games. And the walking speed in SoF is actually fast! Hot damn!

m19

1. PSU? Apr 24, 2002, 10:00 Morgan19

Dah! I wish reviewers would list what type of power supply they're using, as that's the only thing I'm worried about mucking up the upcoming relationship between a 4200 and my system. The last thing the (expected) hoard of gamers who run out to buy a 4200 are going to need is crashes and freezes every 10 minutes because they don't have a strong enough PSU and don't know it.

m19

52. Re: #50 Apr 24, 2002, 09:53 Morgan19

Thanks for the compliment, not the best way to begin a post whether you're kidding or not, though. But as for this part:

>>You really shouldn't waste all that energy getting worked up over some nameless person's comments on the internet.<<

...I've heard it before, and it doesn't change a thing. If no one says anything, dorks like that are going to keep going on and on, thinking that they can hide behind the anonymous face of the Internet. So what if I seem to have a passionate opinion? I'd rather start a discussion/argument with people like that and challenge their grandeur of power than just let them giggle like small monkeys with a heap of bananas. Why would you care what I reply to someone else, anyway? Is it wasting your time? Do you have to read it?

The last time I checked, no one has "gotten" me. He's being an idiot, I posted my opinion about it, and it went from there. I could understand if the thread degenerated into a mass of "F*** you you f***ing d*** b*****!! Go to H***!!!" but the fact is, it didn't: he posted easily debatable points so I took him up on it, to which he replied with the dumb fanboy accusation (:|) which says worlds to me. In any case, have I been scarred for life by this (or countless other idiots)? Not paricularly.

I used to be a moderator over at Planet Hardware for a year or so and had to deal with people like him, both registered and anonymous. And you know what I found? A lot of people (probably pimply little preteens in their mom's basement, no doubt) simply don't have the courtesy online that they would in real life. There'll always be people that come here and don't have manners and can't type or spell, but I'd rather not let them slip by every time. I'm not trying to change the world, as one person a few days ago on Blue's said I'd end up crying trying to "fix" the Internet, lol. I'm selective in what I get "worked up" about, things that I think really deserve a good rebuttle. A lot of things I just read and shake my head at how stupid or incosiderate people are: A lot of the stuff written online would NEVER be risked to be said in real life for fear of someone beating the crap out of you. But it happens here.

Point is, I appreciate your warning but I'm not someone who's just around to be sucked in by mediocrity. If I see something I'll disagree with, I'll say so. Period. In the end, your opinion is just about the only thing you have online. I guess that's why some people need to go out of their way to be nasty. No intelligence, no opinion to post of, so they simply troll.

All in all, life goes on and I'm just fine, thanks.

m19

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 09:55.

45. Re: Previews Apr 24, 2002, 01:10 Morgan19

Not necessarily. Previews for games (off the top of my head) like Codename Outbreak, Aquanox, Silver, and a few adventure games trashed them from the get-go. They're not always postive, but the fact that they've given MW praise in most every category (graphics, sound, gameplay, interface, controls, etc. even in *stability*) from just a PREVIEW says volumes. I don't see how anyone can argue that it's going to let people down or even *not* be polished, you have to be really dumb to ignore all this positive growth from Daggerfall.

But stupid Anons will always be stupid Anons.

(EDIT-) And to the person who pointed out about ropes, women, and slaves: Just goes to show that 68.46 doesn't even know about the game before he opened his cavernous mouth. Reading even one preview (rather than just bashing it for immature attention because everyone else is praising it), he'd know about those issues.

And again, someone actually WANTS to rape women in a game? That deserves a community blacklisting just for mentioning it.

m19

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 01:14.

41. Hey moron, don't look behind you. Apr 24, 2002, 00:24 Morgan19

So what's your point? We know you have your (stupid) opinion, so why bother hanging around posting about it, especially since you... apparently... would rather go rape women.

Very revealing, by the way. Great person you are.

(EDIT-) A few more things.

1) Learn spelling and punctuation, you might come across as somewhat smarter than a piece of monkey crap.

2) You didn't even face the rebuttles! LOL! All you could do is "insult" us with the lame "fanboy" term, again that's pretty telling of your intelligence and social level. I find it terribly interesting that you, in your prepubescent growth spurt that you've mistaken for wisdom, seem to think the game is hyped when EVERY preview in the past few weeks has been based on an actual build of the game, not people guessing and hoping. Care to explain how EVERY SINGLE ONE has had 99% positive things to say about MW if it's such, in your degenerative opinion, a letdown? Hmmm? It's called fact, my dear idiot, not hype.

3) Learn where the Edit button is. But again, that's probably too complex.

4) And what a surprise, you're an Anonymous poster. Surprise, surprise. Too scared to have a name and rather hide behind an IP. Typical.

5) Case and point, you're the only whiner here who's said anything about the game being "overhyped," so apparently you're bitter and disillusioned. You sure don't know where to pick your fights, idiot. Try coming up with an intelligent reason why you spout the crap you do before being so easily refutable by just about every post in this thread.

m19

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 00:31.

36. Re: #35 Apr 23, 2002, 22:11 Morgan19

>>You can go anywhere and do anything at anytime. If that's not replayability I don't know what is.<<

Basically what I said, except a lot more concise.

m19

34. Re: #33 Apr 23, 2002, 22:03 Morgan19

You obviously either a) have been living under a rock, b) never played Daggerfall, or c) don't know what you're talking about.

The fact that you're putting it in terms of "replayability" is lacking inofitself... It doesn't MATTER about the classic term of replayability, because the point of the game is that you won't have to finish it and play again. It's replayable, as you put it, WITHIN the very first game, in a manner of speaking. You can do so much and your character can grow so many different ways that you won't need to worry about replaying. See? So using the term replayability like you did might apply to something like Final Fantasy or Quake, but I really think you're going to have to change your definition.

And again, you're assuming that the term single player has and always will be definitive. How many people reread books over and over because they love the story? Do they expect it to change each time, or do they expect "the same main quest," so to speak, every time? Just because you think something doesn't change doesn't mean it becomes worthless after the first time. As further examples, consider your favorite TV show, music, movie, food, or sport: Does your favorite episode of "The Wonder Years" change each time you watch it? Does your mom's best apple pie recipe change each month? How many times have you watched "The Shining" and loved each time? (As examples.)

I'm sorry, but your opinion is really limited and very outdated. Just read some previews and go pick up Arena or Daggerfall to get an idea of what's in store, then try and apply the label "replayability" to this game. It's just the wrong outlook, period.

In any case, if you do believe that... Well, we'll be here loving the game for a long time while you sit back missing out. =P There are still people playing Daggerfall, years and years after it was released. (Hell, I'd still have it on my drive if I could get it to run on XP.) Now what do you think that says about your term of replayability? Basically, you must not know much about the game and the game's style to make that kind of a judgement, regardless of if it's out yet or not. I can guarantee you that people who buy it are going to love it and play it for a looong time.

m19

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 22:10.

32. Re: #29 & #31 Apr 23, 2002, 21:01 Morgan19

I'm thinking of pick up (or trying to, anyway) a 4200 when they come out as well. Does anyone have any idea what level power supply is needed to run one correctly? I've been hearing anywhere from 300W to 400W.

m19

News Comments > The VATZ Unveiled
2. Re: #1 Apr 22, 2002, 12:32 Morgan19

Would you prefer no terms at all? Why should a developer not say how their game takes advantage of recent hardware advances...? If you had a product that used the "latest cutting-edge" technology, production, or whatever, would YOU spend all the money on it to not hype it up? It's ridiculous to expect that marketing won't come into the formula, that's what business is about. Of course they're going to say whatever it takes to make a product sound better, whether it really is or not!

m19

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 12:33.

News Comments > Soldier of Fortune II Preview
24. Re: 22 Apr 21, 2002, 13:58 Morgan19

I'm still waiting for 22 to register instead of hiding behind an IP. If you know so much (which you obviously don't), why not bother giving a name to your snot-faced opinion, hmm?

m19

News Comments > Soldier of Fortune II Preview
21. Re: My own grin Apr 21, 2002, 11:33 Morgan19

...and your period should be inside the " marks, what's your point?

m19

1089 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo