Descending
Limit Results:

263 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ] Older

Re: Gatherings & Competitions
Nov 20, 2009, 08:50
Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 20, 2009, 08:50
Nov 20, 2009, 08:50

Alganon competition... Even the location names seem to rip off Warcraft.

My guess is theyve run out of NPC names themselves after coming up with King Thrallvyrne and The Mich Queen Jairthas so want other people to name them.

Re:
Oct 25, 2009, 17:13
Re: Oct 25, 2009, 17:13
Oct 25, 2009, 17:13

Btw, it is out now for download thanks to Reloaded. So the DRM sure worked then... ahem.

Re: Painkiller: Resurrection Demo
Oct 22, 2009, 03:29
Re: Painkiller: Resurrection Demo Oct 22, 2009, 03:29
Oct 22, 2009, 03:29

When it started I thought I was playing a new Max Payne game with the intro, which is no bad thing I love that style of storytelling.

What gripes me though is the horrendous loading time for the level, bad textures and design and an overall low in comparison to the original Painkiller which I was obsessed about so much that I just had to get all secrets and cards. This though is just shocking.

Re: I love you Sam
Aug 15, 2009, 14:52
Re: I love you Sam Aug 15, 2009, 14:52
Aug 15, 2009, 14:52

I would be excited as I loved the first two games (lets not mention the true sequel though) but so far all the vids of this seem devoid of masses of mobs.

Im playing through SS:SE currently and theres dozens of mobs at any given time. Hope it can manage to pull this off in the "HD" version and hasnt been nerfed down to only a handful at a time.

Re: Metaverse
Aug 9, 2009, 14:41
Re: Metaverse Aug 9, 2009, 14:41
Aug 9, 2009, 14:41

I loved easynews back when I had a credit card, but now Ive done away with them and only got my UK Debit card they dont support it

Stuck with having to use News readers and NZB files for my binaries is tiresome and problematic. Shame more companies dont support UK Maestro cards, its not like its an unknown brand, its quite major here.

Steam is the same too. Bought loads off of steam previously but now im stuck if I want to buy something...

Re: On the WoW Business Model
Jul 6, 2009, 15:54
Re: On the WoW Business Model Jul 6, 2009, 15:54
Jul 6, 2009, 15:54

You are number 97 in a queue of 99 for an instance of Icecrown Citadel. Can't stand the wait? Buy a one-time queuejumper ticket from the micropayments catalogue and get right into the action!

Were almost there now. Not a week goes by when we arrange a raid of some sort and get "Additional instances cannot be launched. Please try again later". If they cant actually support the amount of players they have now on a subscription without queues and full servers, what will they be like when its free ?

Re: Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool
Jun 16, 2009, 10:25
Re: Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool Jun 16, 2009, 10:25
Jun 16, 2009, 10:25

Aint worth spending a penny on this bag of crap computer. Motherboard is on its way out and a HD is about to die any moment too as the dreaded electric clunking has started. Nevermind.

Jun 16, 2009, 09:00
Re: Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool Jun 16, 2009, 09:00
Jun 16, 2009, 09:00

Erm... yeah spookily enough it is that L_Face ... omg, your Rabidfrog!!!! Small world!

Dagnammit, forgot about this card not being SM3 compliant... Remember now having to use a hack for Bioshock. Oh well, looks like I'll be kicking the mrs off the main comp for a change.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 2009, 09:04.

Jun 16, 2009, 08:28
Re: Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool Jun 16, 2009, 08:28
Jun 16, 2009, 08:28

Well I'll bite and put my system specs in knowing it'll cause a good laugh (but be gentle... this is the secondary comp, it runs fine on the main system which is higher spec but thats the wifeys and Ive more chance of plaiting fog than getting her off that one onto this bag of crap) ..

Athlon XP3200+
ATI Radeon x850xt
1Gb RAM
Win 7 Ultimate 32bit (the trial one)

No doubt its the old decrepid vid card if Win7 plays it fine.

Jun 16, 2009, 06:05
Re: Street Fighter IV Benchmark Tool Jun 16, 2009, 06:05
Jun 16, 2009, 06:05

Anyone else having issues trying this? It starts up and the mouse pointer goes to the timer then stops and nothing happens, no error, no nothing. This is using Windows 7 though so my guess is its down to that but still..

Re: QUAKE LIVE Open Beta Next Week
Feb 21, 2009, 03:52
Re: QUAKE LIVE Open Beta Next Week Feb 21, 2009, 03:52
Feb 21, 2009, 03:52

Ive been in the beta test for a while, though dont go on it much due to work and world of crackcraft.

When I have played, it has been great going back to a game I played religiously for a very long time back in the day. No gibs is fine - you notice it instantly but it doesnt detract from the gameplay whatsoever and is still fun.

In regards to Mods, there is "some" mods already including in the browser, but nothing major. Ive seen instagib on there but cant remember if that was built into Quake 3 vanilla anyway?

As a free game, you really cant knock it. It plays flawlessly, running from a browser window doesnt bother me at all and the option of full screen is a handy bonus.

Its a shame I cant play this at work though, our internet-enabled computers have some proprietary(sp) frontend rubbish on which shells the whole OS and locks out every function possible to block any dodgy going ons including plugins/java etc.. Nevermind though..

Re: DirectX 11 Preview
Feb 1, 2009, 14:52
Re: DirectX 11 Preview Feb 1, 2009, 14:52
Feb 1, 2009, 14:52

I've used Vista for about a year now, the only problems are Explorer changing view settings and strange delays when trying to delete some files. Both trivial

Im glad its not just me suffering from this! Its fairly trivial like you say but still slightly annoying.

The "Shift+Delete" bug is annoying too - that where you click yes when it asks if you want to delete, and it does so, but then asks you again for the exact same file that has just been deleted so gives a file-not-found error when you click yes again... That one is fairly bizarre also.

Re: Gridrunner+++ Interview
Jan 23, 2009, 03:19
Re: Gridrunner+++ Interview Jan 23, 2009, 03:19
Jan 23, 2009, 03:19

I cannot wait for an up to date PC version. Baaaa you go Minter!

Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues
Dec 15, 2008, 07:02
Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Dec 15, 2008, 07:02
Dec 15, 2008, 07:02

I finally got the game running at a playable framerate (barely mind) but had to drop resolution to 1024x768.

I noticed that when it was in a widescreen res, it would run really badly even if it was in a res close to the previously stated one. Maybe its poorly optimised for widescreen visuals but ok on 4:3?

Even though its in a 4:3 res, it seems to look not too bad on my 20" w/s tft and thats something considering before it would be maybe 7fps most of the time, and probably 3fps on indoor scenes..

*edited for tard spelling

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 2008, 07:03.

Re: Sunday Tech Bits
Dec 15, 2008, 06:59
Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 15, 2008, 06:59
Dec 15, 2008, 06:59

I agree about Vista in that people tend to slate it just cos its the "in thing init!"

Being honest, I was part of that crowd before I got it and would join in slagging off its shittiness and poor benchmarks in games.

However, since I got a new computer curtosy of work which came with Vista on it, I have changed considerably. It crashes a good 100x less frequent than my XP comp ever did. In fact in about the past 6 months Ive had it, I can recall it crashing/BSOD'ing only maybe twice and then that was only due to a game which I believe has not got 100% support of Vista anyway and it crashed on exit of said game.

Its smooth and fluid, does what I need out of an OS, and the speed decrease people moan about I have failed to see with anything substantial.

Re: Free WoW Pet & Achievement Today
Nov 24, 2008, 13:49
Re: Free WoW Pet & Achievement Today Nov 24, 2008, 13:49
Nov 24, 2008, 13:49

I have to pipe up my two penneth worth regarding this whole charade of wow no-lifers and no skill.

Ive been playing wow on and off for the past 3 years (currently had continuous sub for the last 2 years) and Im married. WoW has at no point affected my personal life, in fact it has become a social aspect of it. My wife plays it with me (two subs, two comps) and a few mates at work also play on the same server as me and in my guild as well.

WoW does require some skill - to say its mashing the same button to make sure you dont wipe in raids is complete bollocks and uneducated as that is like saying all you do in [insert latest objective FPS game name here] is click left mouse button repeatedly to win the round - its rubbish and everybody would know that. There is tactics you have to use to overcome problems, you need to know what to do in which situation, you need to watch out for yourself and attack the relevant person to succeed. Any online multiplayer game requires the same skill. Put a noob in front of any game against other people and they will get owned, likewise on WoW; Stick someone in a battleground and they will be cannon fodder at the first meeting against the other side.

Ive noticed a trend lately that WoW is the whipping boy for people to slate and slag off on every single article posted about it, and I fail to see why as all arguments state something along the lines of its a grind fest and full of no-lifers who have no skill. Ive been into games for years and used to play quake 2 online (didnt have net when Q1 came out) for hours a day with friends and have been into gaming ever since. To me, WoW is just as fun, if not better, than any other online game ive played and I was heavily into RTCW for a long time.

I guess its just the latest internet fad to slag off the most popular MMO game of now and call its players no-lifers when the people who are saying said comments probably spend just as much time on a different online game or at least a single player game and posting on gaming forums.

/afk

Re: Fallout 3 (and Far Cry 2) DRM Follow-up
Oct 29, 2008, 18:46
Re: Fallout 3 (and Far Cry 2) DRM Follow-up Oct 29, 2008, 18:46
Oct 29, 2008, 18:46

Yup. I mean WTF are they thinking?!? They should really wait at least a YEAR before addressing any issues that come up after the game has gone gold

I know you are being sarcastic here, but to be fair, games should not make Gold until they have been quality control tested. Releasing a patch on day 1 is shoddy practise and needs stamping out. Games should be fine on release, not a few patches down the line.

Fair enough, really obscure stuff like crashes on the last level with certain hardware types is forgivable, but copy protection issues from game starting is piss easy to test for but they ignore this.

Re: Wow, 11 Million WoW Players
Oct 29, 2008, 04:25
Re: Wow, 11 Million WoW Players Oct 29, 2008, 04:25
Oct 29, 2008, 04:25

Ive been playing WoW for a couple of years and never done a raid (unless you count the Battlegrounds). I havent even touched any late-level dungeons/instances and Im still enjoying it.

I see it as a Social game and have a good old banter with my guild members as well as helping them if they get stuck, and also try some of the other classes/races to get different experience of the starting levels.

The game is huge so there is always plenty to do if you arent solely interested in end game raids or power levelling. It took me a year of casual play to get my char to lvl 70 (after toying with other classes which I didnt get on with at first due to being a newb). Currently got two more chars on the go that I play sometimes when not doing seasonal stuff (Like the current Hallows End theme - good old Headless Horseman) and one is a 48 (I think.. cant remember and at work now) and other is a 13.

If you play the game for fun and casual, not seriously getting into constant raids every day, then you will find plenty to do without getting burned out and to me it is worth every penny I pay - and thats two accounts as the Mrs has an account as well!

Re: Bully PC Issues
Oct 25, 2008, 08:56
Re: Bully PC Issues Oct 25, 2008, 08:56
Oct 25, 2008, 08:56

Cartman, yeah the vid card is bad but it came with the comp - got a grant from work to buy a new comp but it had to be a pre-built on from a reputable dealer so PC World did the trick.

Its fine for what me and the wife play, and like I say, Far Cry 2 runs smooth on medium 1680x1050 res, but not so smooth on high, but Bully looks like an old game and really struggles even if I lower the res. It really is a slide show. Doesnt make sense if other modern games run fine (COD4 was also smooth from start to finish) but bully is sluggish.

Looks like I'll be sticking with fuzzy-o-vision PS2 version for now..

Re: Bully PC Issues
Oct 25, 2008, 04:25
Re: Bully PC Issues Oct 25, 2008, 04:25
Oct 25, 2008, 04:25

I'd like to add that the game runs like a joke on my comp (Intel Quad core 2.4ghz , 3gb ram, vista 32, nvidia 8600gs) - I know the vid card isnt up to much, but it runs far cry 2 smoothly on medium settings, crysis is playable (just) and other games run fine, but Bully is horrendous.

I get about 5fps on it with low quality settings (well, what settings there are as that aint much).
Its unplayable yet looks like ass. Very poorly optimised if optimised at all.

And whats with the dodgy keyboard controls for menus. Alt for accept? Space for back? No mouse control? Console-port-itus of the highest order!
263 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ] Older