Mar 26, 2004, 08:55
Kreed Mar 26, 2004, 08:55
Mar 26, 2004, 08:55

Could those screenshots get any more bland if they tried

Re: SP/MP? (#8)
Mar 19, 2004, 11:26
Re: SP/MP? (#8) Mar 19, 2004, 11:26
Mar 19, 2004, 11:26

I cant remember which map I was on but i played on one and was flying in a US jet and it just quit on me without any error message.

The game is bugged to hell. It has bugs that were actually in BF1942 up until they were quashed several patches ago so that kinda says a lot. Its quite laggy too, 1942 runs smooth as hell for me, i have a ping around 20 on the EA UK servers on 'nam and it still has elastic band lag where i move and get thrown back a step or two. Even when i move mouse it jumps back to its original position, its terrible.

This game needed a few more weeks development time if you ask me. Probably rushed out to come out same time as UT2004 which is a shame.

Re: CTF?
Mar 18, 2004, 17:37
Re: CTF? Mar 18, 2004, 17:37
Mar 18, 2004, 17:37

Its always full. I bet if EA had 3 other CTF servers they would be full. Cant blame lack of servers on lack of popularity. If people cant play it then what can you do.

Re: CTF?
Mar 17, 2004, 04:17
Re: CTF? Mar 17, 2004, 04:17
Mar 17, 2004, 04:17

I mean, how many people actually played CTF in BF1942? Not many...

EAUK CTF server is always 32/32 and its the only server i play on. El Alamein CTF is the most immersive and fun aspect of BF1942 in my opinion. I would hazard a guess that quite a few agree with me with the server i mentioned having a few regulars on it every day almost without fail.

Game Devs should never remove game modes. If they want to have a new game mode then by all means but dont sacrifice tried and tested modes from previous games that people enjoy. I detest deathmatch, i hate it with vengeance but i would hate to think the next Quake game only has team games (my preferred choice of multiplayer) with no every man for himself deathmatch.

Re: EoD mod vs. BF:V
Mar 16, 2004, 07:28
Re: EoD mod vs. BF:V Mar 16, 2004, 07:28
Mar 16, 2004, 07:28

Well put Dagok.

I pre-ordered this game before trying it out just cos its a BF game. I was not disappointed when i downloaded that nice 3 CD "Demo" to see how it fares before i receive it. Having only played a few games on a couple of maps against the computer ai, i just know online games will be fun as hell. The mobile mortars engineers carry is implemented really well and will make for some interesting defensive tactics.

Ive yet to look at choppers transporting things as i dont want to reveal too much about the game before i get the retail delivered this friday (not to mention i suck BIG time at piloting choppers) but just knowing about things like that sound good and i know ive made the right decision in pre-ordering even though im skint as hell and sorting stuff out to stick on ebay right now

Re: Fix it please.
Mar 16, 2004, 05:21
Re: Fix it please. Mar 16, 2004, 05:21
Mar 16, 2004, 05:21

Ive always found Infantry to be fine in BF1942. I always stay as infantry and never get in planes. I occasionally get in tanks to defend the flag in CTF (the only game mode i play) but i tend to stay as Engineer class on foot.

Sometimes i do really well (and been accused of cheating.. lol) and sometimes i do crap (and been accused of being a noob which is fair enough with a score of like 3/10 i felt like a noob). If anyone plays on the EA UK CTF server im UnderneathItAll if you give a monkeys

I got the "demo" of this to try out offline before my pre-order arrives on friday in the UK and this game is a lot of fun. It might be a little more realistic than 1942 as i tend to kill the computer players with single bullet kills all the time which in a way im happy about cos im sick of firing 3 rounds off as an engineer on 1942 giving me the accurate hit cursor only for the buggers to still live and fire off a quick round into me and kill me one hit.

Vietcong weapons are sure interesting on this, quite primative some of them and made me laugh. Especially the wooden spear things you can drive into the ground as their "mines" hurting/killing you if you walk over them.

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 05:51.

Re: ugh...
Mar 11, 2004, 15:05
Re: ugh... Mar 11, 2004, 15:05
Mar 11, 2004, 15:05

Being a major Worms 2D fan and buying all the 2D games i gave this a try with an open mind (didnt at first i thought Team 17 were sellouts doing a 3D game but the screenshots looked pretty cool) and wanting it to be good, but in all honesty it pales in significance to the old school 2D games.

Worms 2 and Armageddon were amazing when i got them. World Party seemed like a total cash in and rip off cos it wasnt much more than a patch for Armageddon with a price tag on it but i still bought it.

Didnt buy this though over here in the UK. The demo frankly was crap, I downloaded the full game to try out the more important features that the demo lacked and it still stank and i uninstalled it in no time and didnt bother burning to CD just deleted the iso off the HD. Aint worth your money im afraid if you really loved the 2D games.

It was a good effort but fell short of the mark and isnt as playable. Stick with WWP if you want some worms action is my advice.

Re: Pepsi advert
Mar 9, 2004, 11:31
Re: Pepsi advert Mar 9, 2004, 11:31
Mar 9, 2004, 11:31

That the one with Dave Chappele and a vacuume cleaner?
Yep thats the one. Tried doing a print screen but its using an overlay for the video.

Pepsi advert
Mar 9, 2004, 10:52
Pepsi advert Mar 9, 2004, 10:52
Mar 9, 2004, 10:52

This might have been touched up on before but is there a really annoying advert on here Blue that causes a massive popup (that seems to get past my popup stopper) that displays a big 800x600 size movie (at a guess) of a pepsi advert with a UGO banner.

It seems to occur on exiting a page on here such as clicking the comments link or leaving the site going elsewhere.
It scares the shit outta me at times as it appears in a new tab in MyIE2 without focus so i just hear a "Ding Dong" sound from the advert as someone rings a doorbell.

Its very annoying, especially that it gets past the popup blocker im using

Re: Sopranos
Mar 9, 2004, 06:46
Re: Sopranos Mar 9, 2004, 06:46
Mar 9, 2004, 06:46

I download the latest american shows all the time to watch over here before Sky show them. Sky have a nasty habit of spoiling shows BADLY before they air so i justify downloading them not as being a dirty low down pirate, but rather protecting my interests avoiding spoilers.

I mean, can you remember how they fucked up Buffy in that season where she dies? They showed a blooming gravestone with her name on! Before she died!! How blatantly obvious was it she was gonna die in the next episode.

I dont want shows being ruined like that, so i download them to watch before Sky shows them. I dont find it wrong as i buy the box sets myself as well on DVD when they come out. a VCD or SVCD doesnt compete with a DVD with directors commentary and stuff.

Re: 2nd game I have ever pre-ordered
Mar 6, 2004, 09:54
Re: 2nd game I have ever pre-ordered Mar 6, 2004, 09:54
Mar 6, 2004, 09:54

I hated UT2003 with vengeance. It bored the hell out of me and i hated how they ruined the name of UT as i prefered that to Quake 3 by far.

I quite liked the demo of 2004 at first, Onslaught was a good laugh and the vehicles handled pretty well so i pre-ordered 2004 from play.com at a nice cheap price of 18. But i got bored very very quickly and still hated the weapons as much as i did in 2003. They just dont have any "oomph" behind them if you know what i mean. Too flashy and spammy for my liking.

Ive now cancelled the pre-order and pre-ordered Battlefield Vietnam instead. I cant afford both games being dole scum and ive been playing BF1942 since it first came out and i still love it to bits so i thought vietnam might be just as good.

I like twitchy games with Serious Sam FE and SE being amazing games in my book, but UT is now too twitchy and spammy as hell. Slow it down and have weapons that arent fancy light shows and not so spammy and it would be good but as it stands right now its just average and not fit to bear the name "Unreal Tournament"

Re: Get A Grip...
Mar 2, 2004, 18:25
Re: Get A Grip... Mar 2, 2004, 18:25
Mar 2, 2004, 18:25

Postal2 is only fun if you are dropping Acid. Its one of those games that is so BAD you have to have a copy just to load up and show someone for a sick laugh. It is not an actual good game.

If you disagree, I imagine you probably think Texas Chainsaw Massacre is the number one film of all time

LOL thats put me in my place. I disagree as i thought postal 2 was piss funny and i played it right through to the end. Weird last level with the raining cats.
AND Texas Chainsaw Massacre IS my fave film of all time (hence my name) but i fail to see the connection - TCM isnt gratuitous violence and gore. Its not very violent and is artistic IMO

Re: Can't unpack the *$#@! file
Feb 23, 2004, 06:08
Re: Can't unpack the *$#@! file Feb 23, 2004, 06:08
Feb 23, 2004, 06:08

4 weapons out of how many is in the full? 6?

I collected the souls and went into that blurry B&W mode which looked pretty cool.

The blade weapon doesnt slice them up for me. They bounce about like i merely kick them. Ive looked in the settings and can find no option to increase any gore so im assuming it just doesnt work for me as all that happens is a little bit of blood spurts out and they remain intact - yeah they gib when they explode but once you stake them and attack them the blade gun or attack a body on the ground nothing happens other than a quick kickaround.

I like twitch shooters, serious sam 1 and SE are two of my favourite games of all time and the only FPS games i have even bothered to complete in the past few years. But this isnt anywhere near as playable its just a bit dull.

Re: Can't unpack the *$#@! file
Feb 22, 2004, 08:01
Re: Can't unpack the *$#@! file Feb 22, 2004, 08:01
Feb 22, 2004, 08:01

This is no serious sam game unfortunately. I was looking forward to this big time but i feel a little let down, mainly by the crap weapons. Theres just no power to them as such.

I dont know why people are getting worked up about the stake gun, its pretty weak. What use is staking someone to a wall if they vanish in a puff of smoke a few seconds later.

Wheres the gore too, you can hammer away at someone with the primary fire of your default weapon slicing and dicing and nothing happens. Be better if they mashed up into limbs spraying blood everywhere but instead you get a little spurt of blood and they just knock about like your kicking them.

The boss is very impressive though on the 3rd level of the demo. The level itself is pretty cool too reminding me of the weird level on Undying set in the sky where stone slabs are flying about and what not.

Overall its a bit of a let down and i cant see me buying this game.
(im)Patiently waiting for Serious Sam 2

Imaging CD
Feb 9, 2004, 06:30
Imaging CD Feb 9, 2004, 06:30
Feb 9, 2004, 06:30

Ive got quite a hefty amount of space on my comp, and this talk of imaging the BF1942 cds with alcohol or nero sounds like a good idea cos it does my tits in launching the game from ASE when theres only 1 player slot left and the damn game takes so long to spin the cd up to check for it that the space gets filled by the time im in.

Is it easy to do ?

I remember years back i clone copied a CD with copy protection and it was an overnight job cos it took like 4 hours to do, is this the same or is it a straight forward image taking minutes depending on speed of drive?

Re: Starship Troopers
Feb 6, 2004, 06:14
Re: Starship Troopers Feb 6, 2004, 06:14
Feb 6, 2004, 06:14

Serious Sam Troopers.. now thats what im talkin bout!

Serious Sam 1+2 are the only 2 FPS games ive bothered to complete right to the end in the past few years. They had me hooked well and truly.

If Starship Troopers plays close to them with masses and masses of alien bugs rushing for you like the film then thats pure enjoyable gameplay for me and i'll be as happy as a pig in shit

Re: No subject
Dec 1, 2003, 12:05
Re: No subject Dec 1, 2003, 12:05
Dec 1, 2003, 12:05

Lol reading through that thread it seems the legit bought game wont work on CDRW drives.
Every damned new pc you buy these days only comes with a CDRW drive not a CD-ROM drive. Who in their right mind would buy just a cd drive these days and not a writer as they are dirt cheap at like 30 quid.

What a joke XIII copy protection is. Easier to pirate than buy and play lol.

Re: heh
Nov 14, 2003, 14:44
Re: heh Nov 14, 2003, 14:44
Nov 14, 2003, 14:44

Just thought i would get my pennies worth in.

Matrix 1+2 were good story wise. The 2nd was an excellent sequel but the whole rave scene was a letdown, everything else about it was good though.

Revolutions was a huge let down to me. There wasnt much story to it and not enough dialogue. It was an all out action flick - Terminator 4 if you will. Far too much concentration on the battle in Zion and less interaction inside the Matrix.

As an action film, Revolutions was top notch and delivered action perfectly. As an intricate story introduced in 1+2 though it fails.

Still, I respect the fact people liked all 3 much like I respect people liked 2+3 over 1, but to me the first and second will always be the finest and the 3rd is just horrid.

Re: mmmkay
Nov 1, 2003, 15:05
Re: mmmkay Nov 1, 2003, 15:05
Nov 1, 2003, 15:05

They might have 4 days to complete and ship it

Re: BOTS?
Oct 29, 2003, 11:25
Re: BOTS? Oct 29, 2003, 11:25
Oct 29, 2003, 11:25

Does anyone know if the multiplayer has bots, and if not what a waste of a multiplayer

why dont these games plan ahead and include bots

If you buy a mahogony chess board, do you bitch and moan that it doesnt include a mechanical arm to play against

263 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 6.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ] Older