Total Posts
692 (Apprentice)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

692 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 13.
Newer [  1    8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23    35  ] Older

No subject
Nov 25, 2003, 11:12
No subject Nov 25, 2003, 11:12
Nov 25, 2003, 11:12

Ah, we are all wrong then....According to Gamers Depot Deus Ex kicks ass. Shame on me for thinking otherwise

Don't know if they were basing this on the Xbox version or PC as all the screens looked like 640x480

"Despite constant warnings you have never met anyone who's had their arm broken by a swan"
===
B: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?

P: I think so, Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour?

No subject
Nov 25, 2003, 11:10
No subject Nov 25, 2003, 11:10
Nov 25, 2003, 11:10

Thought Arxel had bit the dust....seems not!

"Despite constant warnings you have never met anyone who's had their arm broken by a swan"
===

P: I think so, Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour?

Re: XBox conspiracies
Nov 24, 2003, 13:27
Re: XBox conspiracies Nov 24, 2003, 13:27
Nov 24, 2003, 13:27

Yup Ratty totally agree with you, sadly

===

Re: PC Gamer
Nov 24, 2003, 10:22
Re: PC Gamer Nov 24, 2003, 10:22
Nov 24, 2003, 10:22

Hrmm, why is the PC version so much cheaper than the console versions?

One reason is because platform holders like Sony, MS and Nintendo are paid a license fee by the publisher which drives up the retail price.

===

No subject
Nov 24, 2003, 08:59
No subject Nov 24, 2003, 08:59
Nov 24, 2003, 08:59

As with the original Deus Ex ISA haven't optimised the Unreal Engine as much as they could (should) have done if the performance issues reported are anything to go by - remember DX1 was powered by the original Unreal Engine and they released a D3D patch which really boosted performance for players. For example I run UT2K3 with everything at absolute max (including karma) runs silky smooth with little or no frame drop out. DX2 on the other hand is based on the same version of Unreal as Splinter Cell and UT2K3 (as far as I can tell) and runs like a dog, I fully understand cool features like Bloom take a performance hit but even with that switched off I have to run the game at 640x480 to get a smooth(ish) frame rate.

Having spent the last couple of days tweaking ini files and pissing around with various drivers for audio and gfx I have now managed to actually play the game and I've got to concede my previous negative attitude towards DX2 was probably too harsh. Now that the demo is running ok (albeit low-res) I kinda like the gfx style, Bloom is excellent and really adds something

I've completed the demo through now once or twice and still can't decide if this is a sell-out or if I'm totally missing the point. It just doesn't feel like a PC game, the lack of leaning in a game that offers stealth is an incredible oversight. I won't repeat my other gripes here - needless to say I agree with pretty much all of them.

The requirement for most people to mess around with ini files in 2003 just to get an acceptable level of performance also beggers belief, it just feels like ISA can't be arsed with the PC version at all. Doesn't bode well for T3.

I've cancelled my pre-order of DX2 PC based on playing the demo so I'm now waiting for either patch plans or some response from ISA before I'll consider buying the PC version....In the meantime I'm hoping for an Xbox demo other than this one to see if its worth picking up on the console instead.

For reference my system is as follows: XP Pro on a Barton XP3200, 1gb DDR Ram, Asus GF FX 5900 256mb, NForce2 Sound (all latest drivers, DX9b and all service packs yada yada yada).

===

Re: petition
Nov 22, 2003, 08:36
Re: petition Nov 22, 2003, 08:36
Nov 22, 2003, 08:36

As a huge fan of the first I had this on pre-order for months but have cancelled that after playing the demo.

A delay for the game is never going to happen. The game has already gone gold and if its due Stateside in the next couple of weeks then you can be sure its already in the duplication process. The petition is a good idea, I just don't think it'll do much (sadly).

One can only hope that there is someway of patching at least some of the reported issues for the PC version. If nothing else the performance needs to be addressed - I've got a 3200XP with 256mb GF FX (latest drivers) and 1gb of DDR memory and even with the tweaks applied from the Ionstorm forums the performance is crap. I've got to run the game @ 800x600 to get anything like an acceptable fps which is truly shocking. Gameplay certainly comes first for me and graphics takes a firm second place in my priorities, but if the game is running like a dog its hard to tell if the game is actually anygood in the first place.

I'm holding out that either the performance is addressed so I can decide if the gameplay is half of what's being claimed or I'll see if the Xbox version gets a decent demo / review. Until that I'll be spending my cash elsewhere.

Disapointed doesn't cover it.

===

No subject
Nov 22, 2003, 06:14
No subject Nov 22, 2003, 06:14
Nov 22, 2003, 06:14

Really_disapointed, thought this was the PC version ? Feels like a console game head to toe.

:-/

===

Re: The Real Ending?
Nov 20, 2003, 15:56
Re: The Real Ending? Nov 20, 2003, 15:56
Nov 20, 2003, 15:56

If you remember the original Deus Ex had its release staggered (a bit longer than this too if I remember rightly) which meant I ended up buying the game on import from Eidos US's webby. Seems like I'll be doing the same again this time.

The main reason for the different release dates is probably down to localisation for Europe.

btw, I've bought stuff before from Import Madness and never had a problem

===

No subject
Nov 20, 2003, 15:40
No subject Nov 20, 2003, 15:40
Nov 20, 2003, 15:40

I hope that the link to FilePlanet doesn't mean that the first release of the demo is going to be a subscriber only affair

===

Bloodbowl
Nov 18, 2003, 15:50
Bloodbowl Nov 18, 2003, 15:50
Nov 18, 2003, 15:50

I once worked at a company that was working on a Bloodbowl title and it looked pretty awesome. Sadly the firm was restructured by its console orientated publisher and all the PC titles were canned. A shame. Hopefully someone out there in licensing land will give it another go sometime

===

Re: Ad?
Nov 17, 2003, 16:42
Re: Ad? Nov 17, 2003, 16:42
Nov 17, 2003, 16:42

Who care's if it keeps the site going and pay's the bills Detear ?

And oh yeah, w00t, looking forward to seeing how this one plays

===

Re: No subject
Nov 17, 2003, 14:36
Re: No subject Nov 17, 2003, 14:36
Nov 17, 2003, 14:36

A missed opportunity with Fire Warrior, this game should have been kick ass. After a couple of hours play I uninstalled it, it was_that_bad.

I've only played the PC version and I'm sure the intention was never for this to be a half-assed budget shooter, but my lasting impression is that it's a PS2 game that should never have been ported.

Edit: I'm just learning it structure sentences it would seem

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 14:38.
===

Re: Changing tune
Nov 14, 2003, 13:17
Re: Changing tune Nov 14, 2003, 13:17
Nov 14, 2003, 13:17

several innovative multiplayer modes

These aren't really innovative, nothing that hasn't already been done before in mods or retail product. I'm probably going to get this for the style sake if nothing else, looks like a good distraction for a few hours.

===

Re: Yay!
Nov 14, 2003, 05:27
Re: Yay! Nov 14, 2003, 05:27
Nov 14, 2003, 05:27

Jezes, where do you guys get the money to buy those games???

Y'know... Selling a kidney. That spare lung. That meddlesome extra eye.

The usual

===

Nov 12, 2003, 16:08
Re: No subject Nov 12, 2003, 16:08
Nov 12, 2003, 16:08

Really looking forward to this one. A bit gutted that its not out before the New Year over here in the UK, especially as there isn't really anything outstanding coming out as far as I can see.

btw, The gameplay video is available on torrent if you look around for it #1 Try Shareaza.

===

No subject
Nov 11, 2003, 02:50
No subject Nov 11, 2003, 02:50
Nov 11, 2003, 02:50

Plan for UN to run internet 'will be shelved'

Good. They couldn't get a w*nk in a brothel.

===

Re: whoa jeez
Nov 8, 2003, 17:16
Re: whoa jeez Nov 8, 2003, 17:16
Nov 8, 2003, 17:16

No PC MP is a real shame for a game like this. Kinda took it for granted that the PC version would have this, that'll learn me for taking things for granted.

Will have to check out the Xbox version and see if that has Live! or most likely I'll be picking this up on PC once I see some reviews

===

Re: Lame Splinter Cell ripoff
Nov 6, 2003, 12:45
Re: Lame Splinter Cell ripoff Nov 6, 2003, 12:45
Nov 6, 2003, 12:45

This is only going to be a PS2 console exclusive) title in Europe, Namco signed an exclusive deal with SCEE - but think its coming out on Xbox in the US. Hopefully Namco will spend some time making it a PC game rather than a PC port (i.e. shit interface, poor controls)

edit: added console-schmonsole

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 13:10.
===

Nov 5, 2003, 16:39
Re: No subject Nov 5, 2003, 16:39
Nov 5, 2003, 16:39

Yeah think you're right Hump, sure they said this @ ECTS (or just after)

Q1 '04 is getting crowded with all these delayed games, some of them better slip again or I won't be able to play them all

===

Re: Who is this Frans person?
Nov 5, 2003, 10:52
Re: Who is this Frans person? Nov 5, 2003, 10:52
Nov 5, 2003, 10:52

Frans used to contribute (full time ?) to Bluesnews and currently runs 3DGamers and contributes to Blues on an ad hoc basis now

Think that's the score

===

692 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 13.
Newer [  1    8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23    35  ] Older