Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Laurent Holsters

Real Name Laurent Holsters   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pepe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 75677229
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 23, 2001, 21:39
Total Comments 37 (Suspect)
User ID 11122

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Sledgehammer Founders Move Up
1. Re: Sledgehammer Founders Move Up Feb 21, 2018, 10:28 Pepe

so are they now in charge of new ways to add microtransactions to games?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG
14. Re: MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG Jan 29, 2018, 21:18 Pepe

Maybe they can buy what's left of 3drealms and bring out another anniversary edition of DN3D.

On a more serious note they could buy obsidian and let them do their thing. Might get some nice games out of it.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 12 Ends Soon
5. Re: Diablo III Season 12 Ends Soon Jan 28, 2018, 10:25 Pepe

Medvanis wrote on Jan 28, 2018, 09:26:
I've played all the Diablos and would happily pay for new content (chapters/acts/expansion/D4). All my buddies would too. Really a strange approach by Bliz. They have a great brand on their hands and seem content to just barely maintain the game.

They don't add tons, but they do add stuff every now and then necromancer beeing one of them, they also added some new environnements around that time.

I would not mind a new full fledged expansion, but i think we will get D4 b4 we get that, game is pretty old by now.

News Comments > More on Destiny 2 Rewards
6. Re: More on Destiny 2 Rewards Jan 21, 2018, 16:39 Pepe

jdreyer wrote on Jan 21, 2018, 16:09:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 21, 2018, 14:57:
I got this game bundled with a video card recently, and the graphics are great, the shooting mechanics are tight and responsive, but how the hell is it this hard to figure out the looting, months(a year?) after release?

Every item I loot is basically an incrementally better item(or the same) as what I have currently, I'm not sure when the game ever starts dropping game changing loot, but I'm already level 18? out of 25.

How does it compare with Borderlands? There were a lot of junk guns in there, too, but every now and then you'd find something substantially better. Also, part of the fun was just trying out the wild random combinations.

I prefer borderlands by far, but I like the borderlands universe and art style a lot more, I had a bit of fun with destiny 2 untill it started crashing my pc every 10 min orso, given up on it till they fix the crashes, not holding my breath though as the don't seem to care much about technical problems seeing they have enough problems keeping what little players they have left in the game with all their shenanigans.

Tons of people on their forums trying to get even a reaction they are working on it, but they keep mostly silent.

News Comments > PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated]
12. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV Next Month; Specs Jan 16, 2018, 15:11 Pepe

Verno wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 13:00:
SimplyMonk wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 11:36:
It was a solid addition to the franchise but nothing spectacular and, as a fan of the series, although you came to like the characters and their boy band feel, they were largely forgettable with very shallow back stories and almost no mystery. The open world, dungeons, and combat were highly enjoyable however. Just nothing of note to make a lasting impression like some previous titles.

My biggest criticism is that a lot of the "big moments" in the story fall flat or happen off screen and you are told about them through just talking to random NPCs. Where the game starts you off with a good open world experience and group mechanics, the second half of the game is literally on rails (you spend a good portion of it riding a train), limited environments, and all your group/character building is thrown out the window till the very end. The story wraps up nicely, but the second half of the game needed a lot more love.

There was no real depth to the combat system. 1, 5, even 20 hours into the game it just plays exactly the same with no real progression. It's OK and even threatens to be fun sometimes but it just goes nowhere interesting. The story doesn't make a lot of sense unless you buy all of the DLC, watch 2 fucking movies and read the in-game "lore". The game also has one of the worst battle camera implementations of all time.

The amount of cut content was just absurd and I can't support Square anymore with that kind of shit going on. Their new CEO even said that's the norm and fuck that. They can learn to make games on a regular schedule instead of over 10 years and being forced to ration out content to make back their lavish budgets.

The bullshit they did at release was hilarious too, can only accept 1 hunt at a time fuck right off.

I found it completely underwhelming, the combat was realy lackluster, good thing I started horizon zero dawn after finishing it or I would have never even bothered to try, worst FF game I ever laid my hands on.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2018, 16:14 Pepe

Also like to add that French singer France gall passed away today Sad  

News Comments > Fan-Made Overwatch Map Catches Blizzard's Eye
2. Re: Fan-Made Overwatch Map Catches Blizzard's Eye Jan 7, 2018, 16:10 Pepe

Turglar wrote on Jan 7, 2018, 16:01:
TFW when you have to make an overwatch map in another engine because blizzard sucks and hates modders

there are plenty of starcraft 1 and 2 mods around not too mention thousands for world of warcraft.

News Comments > Another Destiny 2 Progression Impediment?
9. Re: Another Destiny 2 Progression Impediment? Jan 1, 2018, 21:04 Pepe

to me and a lot of others it's still a broken mess that crashes faster then loads up. Rather they fix that first.  

News Comments > Steam's Best of 2017
9. Re: Steam's Best of 2017 Jan 1, 2018, 19:57 Pepe

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 1, 2018, 18:36:
Well, I started playing it shortly after the Steam release in March 2016 and technically it is still in "alpha", but at this point it is more like a very solid beta without an "Official Release". Yet. Factorio is the best game I've played in the last two years.

Maybe not the best but it is good fun

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 31, 2017, 13:34 Pepe

riiight, 3+ million concurrent users is a small playerbase, most games would kill for half that.

it's good enough to kill half an hour here and there, but don't see myself playing it 4+ hours a day, would get stale very fast.

Keeping an eye on they are billions, looks interesting.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
22. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Dec 28, 2017, 07:57 Pepe

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 06:24:
Kajetan wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 06:17:
Asmodai wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 21:58:
Comments on the linked article say it all. Almost all of them are positive about the movie and many of them point out the glaring disparity between what the critics think is good and what the people do.
European critics mostly liked Bright. Different cultural background, no quarrel with BLM and other political themes.

That's probably spot on.

I quite liked it, bit shadowrun like, Always wonder why there is not more stuff made with settings like this.

News Comments > NVIDIA Ending 32-bit Driver Support
2. Re: NVIDIA Ending 32-bit Driver Support Dec 22, 2017, 19:46 Pepe

about time  

News Comments > Destiny 2 is Activision's "Biggest PC Launch"
16. Re: Destiny 2 is Activision's Dec 20, 2017, 14:32 Pepe

/launches game

within 5 minutes hard lock up and computer reboots or bluescreen and reboots.

Me and countless others are still waiting on a patch so we can play longer then 5 minutes, they don't seem to be in a hurry to fix that though, they got our money.

News Comments > Obsidian Denounces Loot Boxes and Microtransactions
23. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 16, 2017, 21:02 Pepe

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 17:55:
For those reminiscing about the meatiness of 90s era shooter expansion packs, I strongly urge you to play one, or several, again: your play through will not break 5 hours, and most will last between 3 and 4 hours. Don't get me wrong; some of those expansions were truly excellent (I'm particularly fond of Opposing Force, and Quake 2's first expansion) but they did not offer dramatically more content than a typical $15-20 DLC today. (Opposing Force is a bit of an exception since it had so many new weapons, monsters, multiplayer maps, and an official CTF mode with runes, even if its core campaign is only about 4 hours long.)

seeing I play trough a bunch of AAA games in less the 8 hours an expac for 3-4 hours depending on the game would be nice.
COD ADV war took me 7 hours
COD BO II took me 6 hours
F.E.A.R. took 8

Games used to last longer due to beeing fixed levels with lots of backtracking iso of the on rails gameplay you get now (not that there is anything wrong with either.)

Borderlands 2, the witcher 3 did the expac thing right IMO among others, but if you look at some games opn steam with 3k worth of MTX's I think that's overdoing it a bit.

News Comments > OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Trailer
2. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Trailer Dec 11, 2017, 12:26 Pepe

Darks wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 10:48:
Damn, another 4 players Coop game. This year is looking pretty good for Coop gaming. Looking forward to this one.

If only I had friends

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 11, 2017, 07:46 Pepe

Nice to see my fellow countrymen getting back in there with Divinity 2  

News Comments > Path of Exile: War for the Atlas Launches
6. Re: Path of Exile: War for the Atlas Launches Dec 9, 2017, 20:17 Pepe

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 18:56:
I played two characters to the mid 80s in 3.0 -- but taking a break for now. Currently sequestered on Factorio or Factorio. Again.

I love me some factorio, I'm pretty crap at it, still love it.

News Comments > Bungie Outlines Destiny 2 Plans
12. Re: Game Reviews Nov 30, 2017, 10:32 Pepe

It's not a bad game but I'm struggling with some technical difficulties and from googeling around I'm far from alone with this.

The 2-3 second freezes I was experiencing are gone so far, but I still get the odd bsod from time to time.

After a fresh reboot it seems to run ok, if I leave the game and want to play again later without restarting it crashes after some time.

I tried the run as admin fix this time, will see if it helps. Not buying anything more for this game unless they fix that crap.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Forces EA Stock Towards the Dark Side
41. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 29, 2017, 07:46 Pepe

Slick wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 05:13:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 05:04:
Slick wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 01:54:
I think it's funny how prestigious studios like CD Projekt Red snipe EA with that cunty tweet saying: "We'll leave greed to others" while The Witcher 3 released with 2 $30 DLC content packs.

The whole thing is such a mess.

EA fucked up the implementation, but I still think the overall strategy is a direction that the industry needs to go, ESPECIALLY for multiplayer games. I can't be dealing with segmenting the community 2 months after launch based on who bought the season pass or not.

For all the shitstorm furore that the piss poor progression implementation wrought, people have lost track of the one actually redeeming feature of this model. NO SEASON PASS.
Difference with W3:
1. They sold two packs for a total of $60. SWBF2 MTs come to $2590.

2. They sold DLC straight up, not part of a random gambling system.

Oh come on, that $2590 is ludicrous. You don't need a Purple tier version of each of the 300 starcards. Why not calculate how much it would cost directly buying WoW gold from farmers to get EVERY top piece of loot IN THE GAME. It's a dumb argument. And yes, MMOs are different from shooters, but the WoW equivalent would cost over $100,000.

Next, I can earn a Blue (tier 3) version of any card with about 3-4 hours grind. I never have to spend a penny on lootcrates with Fiat.

Finally, W3 locked content behind a season pass, that's the point. There's no maps, heroes, weapons etc that are hidden behind a paywall with SWBFII. Anyone who buys the base version of the game has access to all of that, and with a bit of grind can get tier 3 versions of any starcard they'd ever want to use. THIS is the gem buried in all the shit, and is worth recognizing.

SP games are different from MP games. I just mean that any real comparison should be against a game that truly gave away ALL post-launch content for free without MTX, like Titanfall 2. FEW games have ever done this. They ALL want ways to monitize post-launch content, this isn't news. HOW they go about it is what's up for debate. MY point is that getting rid of the season pass, and giving all post-launch content to all players who bought the base game is a GOOD thing for gamers IF they can figure out how to do it right, it's clear that they haven't figured out how to do it right yet.

Also, if lootcrates are gambling, then go after Magic: The Gathering. Random "roll the die" luck and chance mechanics have existed in videogames since Dungeons and Dragons 40 years ago.

Witcher 3 actually gave you your money's worth with their season pass, the content was longer then most triple A games are these days.

I don't mind paying for a season pass if you get your moneys worth, gearbx did it nicely with too borderlands 2 I got 658 hours out of that one so far.

Expansions have been part of pc gaming since forever, it's the microtransactions I can do without, but as long as they aren't pay to win I could care less.

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Demo
2. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Demo Nov 22, 2017, 21:19 Pepe

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 20:04:
Just FYI, Steam awards are not only for new games. Anything in the entire store can be nominated.

I nominated fallout 3 in the best 3rd game in a series category

37 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo