Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Laurent Holsters

Real Name Laurent Holsters   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pepe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 23, 2001, 21:39
Total Comments 119 (Novice)
User ID 11122

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2019, 13:22 Pepe

It's pretty easy to get top 10 without running into any other players and then get 1 shotted by some veteran player. Also lag sometimes makes it so that your hit's don't reegister, was a huge problem for me in the first 6 months Apex legends also.

And ofc Pubg has or had a lot of cheaters.

I was never a huge fan of the game but I prefered it over fortnite because I lasted longer, the only BR I still play is apex legends.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo IV Item Changes

2. Re: Diablo IV Item Changes Dec 4, 2019, 13:10 Pepe

Blizzard listens and then does the opposite of what people ask, usually anyways.  

News Comments > Get Rayman Legends for Free

3. Re: Get Rayman Legends for Free Nov 30, 2019, 20:16 Pepe

Grabbed it even though I already have it on my switch.  

News Comments > Arkane Vets Form WolfEye Studios

4. Re: Arkane Vets Form WolfEye Studios Nov 21, 2019, 07:28 Pepe

MoonSpook wrote on Nov 21, 2019, 05:14:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 20, 2019, 22:28:
...and the more recent Wolfenstein entries.

Wait, what? That was MachineGames..

They worked together with Arkane for the latest one, Youngblood. Might also explain why it is rather crappy compared to the other entries in the series.

News Comments > EA Plans Outlined

4. Re: EA Plans Outlined Oct 30, 2019, 14:05 Pepe

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 13:52:
Verno wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 12:53:
Seriously though that's all good news. They are actually backing off the annual release schedule for some of these things and letting the teams take the time they need. For now. Who knows what happens if the quarterlies are bad next year.

Nah. They are only doing this because of the next gen console releases towards the end of next year. They are taking their time because they don't want to release their cash cows on "old" gen anymore. Timing is everything now. That's all there is to it.

Yeah, why would you want to get double sales on a game like rockstar did with GTAV or Sony with The last of us.

News Comments > Flurry of Blizzard Departures

11. Re: Flurry of Blizzard Departures Oct 29, 2019, 16:02 Pepe

HoSpanky wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 13:06:
Primalchrome wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 11:34:
Darks wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 10:57:
Blizz was a great company up until they sold out to Activision,
I think they went from being an artistic gaming company to a purely corporate enterprise when they merged with Vivendi a few years before. Almost every single title and expansion they have developed from that point forward felt like a bland cash grab aimed at the lowest common denominator. Nix that....I had my dates wrong. It was 2008 when they merged with Activision. They already had SCII and BC pretty fleshed out....but from that point forward... ugh.

I'd agree with that, aside from the WoW Legion expansion. Holy shit, it was so good, it felt like Blizzard maybe was coming back. Also, HOTS is pretty fun, but clearly their surprisingly generous F2P setup doesn't generate the money their Activision overlords want.

Having 2 teams work on the same game does not seem to work out very well for blizzard in regards to wow expansions.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 VR Released

2. Re: Borderlands 2 VR Released Oct 22, 2019, 22:22 Pepe

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 21:24:
Getting destroyed in Steam Reviews

Not surprisingly most of the haters have the valve index which is not in the supported devices list so yeah.

News Comments > The Division 2 Free Weekend

2. Re: The Division 2 Free Weekend Oct 17, 2019, 21:29 Pepe

seems they Deployed a small patch, game was working fine for me  

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Delayed

10. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Delayed Oct 16, 2019, 21:36 Pepe

Kxmode wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 20:55:
You all sound very salty. Vampires like sodium in their diet.

They better not release in the summer then or they going to have to go at it with the mosquito's for my blood.

News Comments > Fortnite Apocalypse

12. Re: Fortnite Apocalypse Oct 14, 2019, 16:20 Pepe

not like blizzard did something similar when classic beta ended 15+ years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNBG-YxaSF4

News Comments > More on PC Red Dead Redemption 2

5. Re: More on PC Red Dead Redemption 2 Oct 9, 2019, 21:36 Pepe

Cram wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 20:12:
HDR Support

Are there any actual 1440p/4k 144hz+ gaming monitors out there that do HDR properly? From my limited research, HDR 400 and 600 certification is bogus. Several articles/sources appear to say HDR1000 is the true minimum for HDR. They don't seem to really exist out in the wild. At least not readily available, or also not some 60inch monstrosity with many other problems of its own.

There are a couple decent ones, but due to some technical limitations they have some issues that may or may not be a reason to avoid them.

Mostly to do with not enough bandwith for using it in all it's glory; you would need to run it at lower refresh rates (ie 98 or 120) or drop chroma subsampeling to 4.2.2 (for the 4K ones that is)

They are also pretty pricy (around 1500$ atm down from 2.2k-2.3K at launch).

Afaik there are no 1440p 144hz HDR monitors currently

News Comments > Best Games of the Century List

5. Re: Best Games of the Century List Sep 19, 2019, 12:36 Pepe

Half or more of the games on that list don't deserve to be on it, heck even half the top 10 should not be on that list.

Shows what they know about gaming, nada

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic Launches

22. Re: World of Warcraft Classic Launches Aug 27, 2019, 07:25 Pepe

Quinn wrote on Aug 27, 2019, 04:04:
Frode wrote on Aug 27, 2019, 03:44:
Quinn wrote on Aug 27, 2019, 03:27:
A friend and myself rolled new characters like half a year ago. The "classic" part was pure fucking agony, dungeons included, and we couldn't get to the expansion content soon enough.
Did you somehow play what's currently referred to as WoW Classic at that time, or just roll new characters in "modern" WoW? Because if the latter, the _whole point_ is that that experience is not even remotely comparable to Classic.

I obviously can't speak to whether it would be your cup of tea or not, but gameplay wise they are so different I'd argue they can be thought of as different games within the same setting.

It was modern WoW. But my point is that we just wanted to run through the content asap because our goal was just to level up and journey through the classic part was just terrible, because it felt really old. The dungeon design was much more boring than the expansion dungeons. As you can figure, that complaint won't disappear with Classic WoW. It will probably be worse.

World PVP might bring back some good memories, sure, but I'm fairly certain none of us now older people can stumach the terribly slow pace of the quests and the necessary grinds. After all, most of us no longer live a worriless life in mother's basement.

The classic dungeons were a lot more fun then the new 15 minutes run trough dungeons. You needed to plan your pulls carefully, and they took time and wipes, lot's of them sometimes.

I managed to get in the game last night, got to lvl 4 as an undead warrior, it does feel like old wow which is nice if that is what you want.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic Launches

4. Re: World of Warcraft Classic Launches Aug 26, 2019, 20:44 Pepe

meanwhile over here in Europe, world server down when you try to enter the game.

It realy is the classic experience.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Down on Exclusives

13. Re: CD Projekt RED Down on Exclusives Aug 24, 2019, 20:10 Pepe

Slick wrote on Aug 24, 2019, 18:53:
"GOG.com exclusivity for Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales has them thinking this type of deal doesn't work for them"

Pretty sad day when a developer can't release a product on their own established non-hated storefront because people will only buy from Steam.

Remind me why Steam is the only place people shop again? Oh right, it was all predicated on the exclusivity of Half-Life 2. Even if you bought a physical copy in a brick-and-mortar store, you had to install and launch through steam to play the game.

We can't have a world where a new burger shop could become "The home of the Whopper" like Burger King, because everyone has already decided they only buy food from McDonalds. The best they can hope to do is sell the Whopper through McDonalds, cook it, market it, wrap it, deal with customer issues, pay the farmers, pay the transport, pay for everything, then McDonalds provides that touch-screen computer for you to pay and takes a fat 30%.

The witcher 3 sold more copies on gog then it did on steam (initially anyways not sure if those nr's still hold up since) so there is room for other players, problem imo with gog is that they mostly sell old discount games, which does not help their case to get brand recognition or market share.

Also the lack or DRM is probably what keeps a lot of big companies away since they stand to lose a lot more sales from piracy due to the lack of DRM.

Gog is not the most profitable of shops (they recently let go a lot of staff) now cyberpunk 2077 will most likely give them a nice financial injection, they realy need a better more diverse source of income other then CD projekt red's big games if they want to actually matter.

News Comments > DARQ Developer on Turning Down Epic Games Store Exclusivity

13. Re: DARQ Developer on Turning Down Epic Games Store Exclusivity Aug 18, 2019, 20:00 Pepe

Drayth wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 19:39:
Creston wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 14:35:
I'm going to guess it'll be very, very few.

There will be some. You'll have the people who think to themselves, 'I like to keep my game collection under one roof (as much as possible), and since Epic looks to be the new home for the majority of AAA games...'.

It's what their tactic is all about.

Not sure what you have been smoking, but a lot of AAA games will launch on their publishers proprietary launcher, ie Battle.net, Origin, Uplay, Bethnet. Only some smaller publishers will go EGS exclusively (for AAA games that is) like 2K with borderlands 3, and even that is only 6 month exclusivity.

Destiny 2 is even going to steam, that might have been one to grab if they wanted to make a statement at EGS.

News Comments > Ion Fury Released

1. Re: Ion Fury Released Aug 15, 2019, 20:15 Pepe

That would be Duke3D, not Duke nukem forever, which ran on every engine but build.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: Youngblood Launch Trailer

2. Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood Launch Trailer Jul 24, 2019, 14:04 Pepe

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 24, 2019, 13:53:
Looks good; it's also on sale for pre-release on GreenmanGaming for $24.89... not a full standalone game or something? I have not been keeping track of the development that much, I guess they weren't planning on the full $60 pricetag?

It's more of an inbetween game to keep us busy while they work on the next big one with this one focussing on co-op.

News Comments > Tim Willits Leaving id Software

11. Re: Tim Willits Leaving id Software Jul 19, 2019, 07:42 Pepe

Hoop wrote on Jul 19, 2019, 04:18:
Thanks Tim for all the passion over the years.
Loving slowly working my way through Rage 2.
In awe of the environments & AI.

One of the most dissapointing games ever and not worthy of the Rage IP.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues

9. Re: Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues Jul 9, 2019, 07:34 Pepe

G.oZ wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 05:20:
ForgedReality wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 02:44:
This is why AMD is the cheaper option. They save money by not hiring QA engineers.

So based on this single instance of a game problem, you are certain it is an AMD hardware QA issue and not, perchance, something in the destiny 2 code?

'cause, you know, ryzen 3000 series reviews everywhere, people benchmarking stress testing everywhere and nary a peep about incompatibility issues with common productivity software and standard gaming benchmarks.

I never got destiny 2 to run properly on my intel 7820X without underclocking it, that and the fact that their forums back then were already full with people with technical issues with the game, I'm sure it is not the game's fault at all.

119 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >