Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Laurent Holsters

Real Name Laurent Holsters   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pepe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On September 23, 2001
Supporter -
Total Comments 136 (Novice)
User ID 11122

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Epic Games Publishing Announced

13. Re: Epic Games Publishing Announced Mar 26, 2020, 13:34 Pepe

Slick wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 12:50:
Jerykk wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 12:43:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 11:31:
Betting it will include restrictions on which platform you can release

No doubt all of these games will be permanent EGS exclusives on PC but also available on consoles despite their tyrannical 30% store "tax."

I'm guessing Epic realized that timed exclusives aren't really working out because people just wait until they're on Steam.

And for half the price too re: Boarderlands 3

And concerning the tyrannical 30% store tax on consoles, that's why PC is great, because we aren't locked into any proprietary walled-garden nonsense. We have choice. Which makes the irony all the more hilarious that a lot of PC gamers now believe that more options = bad because they want everything from one store, smells a lot like the would-be consolization of PC. There are Xbox fanbois, Playstation fanbois, and Steam fanbois, and each is worse than the last.

Or maybe we want to choose which store, you know buy from the cheapest one, since the goods are digital there is no quality difference, but of the goods are only sold in one store they can price it however they want as there is no competition which is ofc better for us the customer right? right?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Killing It

5. Re: DOOM Eternal Killing It Mar 25, 2020, 21:25 Pepe

Guess some people are happy with the human malware scare  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 on Steam

12. Re: Borderlands 3 on Steam Mar 13, 2020, 20:37 Pepe

I'm liking it so far, done the first couple missions, more of a good thing can't be bad  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division 2: The Warlords of New York Released

1. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division 2: The Warlords of New York Released Mar 2, 2020, 19:44 Pepe

The biggest threat we face is the buggy release that keeps everyone from advancing the story.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 23, 2020, 18:30 Pepe

Simon Says wrote on Feb 23, 2020, 15:50:
Bumpy wrote on Feb 23, 2020, 14:11:
So has Metro Exodus sales exceeded Epic's 'true' sales yet?

There's only 1 thing we know for sure, had they both been released simultaneously, Steam sales would've far surpassed the anti-competitive exclusives store. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

Seeing this was the first exclusive, there would not be any anticompetitive store if it went up on both.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access This Year

17. Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access This Year Feb 22, 2020, 21:49 Pepe

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 22, 2020, 20:24:
Slick wrote on Feb 22, 2020, 19:57:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 22, 2020, 15:26:
Why would I do EA for a single played narrative game?

This.

Few of us on bluesnews are the target EA market for a game like this, but this is just the continued outsourcing of beta testing to the games community.

Did D:OS or D:OS2 have some sort of public beta or EA phase? I can't remember.

I usually avoid EA/beta for pretty much any game, let alone RPGs, but some people seem to love getting in early.

Seeing they were crowdfunded, I can see the use of EA to get the best possible game out there in cooperation with the backers.

This is not crowdfunded though but seeing it worked for them on the other games why not keep doing what works for your company.

News Comments > Metro Exodus on Steam

17. Re: Metro Exodus on Steam Feb 15, 2020, 22:06 Pepe

Eirikrautha wrote on Feb 15, 2020, 21:35:
afka Rossini wrote on Feb 15, 2020, 18:18:
Eirikrautha wrote on Feb 15, 2020, 15:40:
Well, at least they weren't stupid enough to launch on Steam at full price (there's a 40% "discount" on this year-old game... how generous...). Though I notice that the full price is listed at $39.99 and I don't remember if that was the full price on release. Either way, I'm not paying anywhere near that much for Epic's sloppy seconds.

I find that exclusivity deals have just saved me money, because I really have no burning desire to play some of these games after waiting (and enough lets-plays and other material has come out to show me that I probably would have wasted my money if I had bought immediately... looking at you Phoenix Point & Julian Gollop). I'd have bought Mechwarrior 5 launch day full price if it had come out on Steam. Now, I'm honestly not sure if I'll even bother when it gets rereleased, there's just too much wrong with it based on the lets-plays I've watched. Oh well, hopefully that "exclusivity money" was enough to make up for my lost sale...

Since it's the first AAA title I'm aware of to have Epic exclusivity expire and I had any interest in, I picked it up on Steam today for $24 US. That's less than half the original price. If enough Steam buyers show up this week, maybe developers will re-think Epic exclusivity.

Nope. The exact opposite will be true. If people still buy even after the year, all that tells publishers is that they can take Epic's money first, then take our money later. The only way they'll rethink exclusivity is if the games that have it don't meet sales expectations, both during and after. Otherwise, you'll just teach them they can slap you around and you'll still come back for more...

except they now get 70% of 24$ iso of 70% of 60$

News Comments > Into the Black

2. Re: Into the Black Jan 30, 2020, 10:30 Pepe

"Video unavailable
The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

Basterds, guess I will have to wait till it shows up on netflix as usual

News Comments > Evening Patches

1. Re: Evening Patches Jan 23, 2020, 20:21 Pepe

That first borderlands link goes to the overwatch site, someone needs some more coffee  

News Comments > Ubisoft Shakeup to Improve Gaming Experience

20. Re: Ubisoft Shakeup to Improve Gaming Experience Jan 19, 2020, 10:13 Pepe

I have very few Ubi games, played even less, but I do realy like the Division 1 & 2 although end game in 2 is somehwat lacking atm, but they are working on a patch to try and solve this.

Farcy 3 was a big letdown for me, too much cneaking, never tried an ass creed game for the same reason.

Did get anno 1800 on a sale, played it a bit, is decent imo need to put some more time in it, but got frustrated not beeing able to figure out how to vreate trade routes, ui is not userfriedly for this.

News Comments > Morning Patches

4. Re: Morning Patches Dec 23, 2019, 15:19 Pepe

Maybe they can mod the series so they look like their game counterparts.  

News Comments > TIME's Top 10 Games of the 2010s

43. Re: TIME's Top 10 Games of the 2010s Dec 22, 2019, 12:30 Pepe

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 21, 2019, 20:39:
This thread would be better served by people posting their personal top 3,5 or 10.
Everyone has different tastes.
I know Unreal, Portal, Half Life and BioShock would be in my list (screw limiting it to a certain time period.)

Going by games I played trough the most my list would be something like (in no particular order)
Borderlands 2
Quantum break
The witcher 3
Rage
Crysis 2
Diablo 3
Doom 2016
Mass effect 2

Honorable mentions to World of warcraft, factorio dragon age origins

25. Re: TIME's Top 10 Games of the 2010s Dec 21, 2019, 09:23 Pepe

Beamer wrote on Dec 21, 2019, 08:39:
Pepe wrote on Dec 21, 2019, 07:50:
afka Rossini wrote on Dec 20, 2019, 20:04:
Primalchrome wrote on Dec 20, 2019, 19:32:
I can get behind about half of those picks... Fortnite and LoZ:BotW probably shouldn't be on there, though...

I've never played it, but I've always had the impression Fortnite is the game that brought the Battle Royale genre to the masses.

Seems you forgot about Pubg which broke enough records on steam b4 there was even talk about fortnite.

Fortnite might be bigger now, but Pubs is what got the whole thing started.

Also that list should at least include Witcher 3

No one wrote songs about pubg, and no one stood on stage in an event unrelated to video games in a pubg jacket.

Pubg was a popular game. Fortnite is an international sensation.

That may be true, but Pubg did sell 60+ million copies to date and the mobile version has been downloaded over 300 million times which imo is a bit more then just "popular"

22. Re: TIME's Top 10 Games of the 2010s Dec 21, 2019, 07:50 Pepe

afka Rossini wrote on Dec 20, 2019, 20:04:
Primalchrome wrote on Dec 20, 2019, 19:32:
I can get behind about half of those picks... Fortnite and LoZ:BotW probably shouldn't be on there, though...

I've never played it, but I've always had the impression Fortnite is the game that brought the Battle Royale genre to the masses.

Seems you forgot about Pubg which broke enough records on steam b4 there was even talk about fortnite.

Fortnite might be bigger now, but Pubs is what got the whole thing started.

Also that list should at least include Witcher 3

News Comments > Respawn Making Another Star Wars Game?

4. Re: Respawn Making Another Star Wars Game? Dec 18, 2019, 09:48 Pepe

Maybe it's just for some DLC  

News Comments > Op Ed

16. Re: Op Ed Dec 13, 2019, 07:40 Pepe

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 13, 2019, 00:14:
The Epic exclusivity bribes have been constantly pitched by Tim Sweeney and his sycophants as giving developers the financial means to take the time with their games they need to make sure they ship in the best way possible because they won't be crunched to hit a deadline. That's supposed to be the primary benefit of this for consumers and even that isn't happening.

That is mostly so for future games they will make with the increased proceeds from current sales.

If we take metro exodus as an example, 2 weeks b4 release they announce EGS exclusivity, you realy thing that in those 2 weeks they are going to get the game to a better state?

All those exclusives are games that have been in developpement for years and are unlikely to change much, it's all for future releases if the money gets to the developpers to be used for that.

News Comments > Op Ed

2. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2019, 19:44 Pepe

The 18% is exclusively for the shareholders unless the developpers self publish. And even then it is to be seen if it will be used to advance the company or the boss.  

News Comments > etc.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2019, 13:22 Pepe

It's pretty easy to get top 10 without running into any other players and then get 1 shotted by some veteran player. Also lag sometimes makes it so that your hit's don't reegister, was a huge problem for me in the first 6 months Apex legends also.

And ofc Pubg has or had a lot of cheaters.

I was never a huge fan of the game but I prefered it over fortnite because I lasted longer, the only BR I still play is apex legends.

News Comments > Diablo IV Item Changes

2. Re: Diablo IV Item Changes Dec 4, 2019, 13:10 Pepe

Blizzard listens and then does the opposite of what people ask, usually anyways.  

News Comments > Get Rayman Legends for Free

3. Re: Get Rayman Legends for Free Nov 30, 2019, 20:16 Pepe

Grabbed it even though I already have it on my switch.  

136 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >