Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Laurent Holsters

Real Name Laurent Holsters   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pepe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 23, 2001, 21:39
Total Comments 127 (Novice)
User ID 11122

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft Shakeup to Improve Gaming Experience

20. Re: Ubisoft Shakeup to Improve Gaming Experience Jan 19, 2020, 10:13 Pepe

I have very few Ubi games, played even less, but I do realy like the Division 1 & 2 although end game in 2 is somehwat lacking atm, but they are working on a patch to try and solve this.

Farcy 3 was a big letdown for me, too much cneaking, never tried an ass creed game for the same reason.

Did get anno 1800 on a sale, played it a bit, is decent imo need to put some more time in it, but got frustrated not beeing able to figure out how to vreate trade routes, ui is not userfriedly for this.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Patches

4. Re: Morning Patches Dec 23, 2019, 15:19 Pepe

Maybe they can mod the series so they look like their game counterparts.  

News Comments > TIME's Top 10 Games of the 2010s

43. Re: TIME's Top 10 Games of the 2010s Dec 22, 2019, 12:30 Pepe

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 21, 2019, 20:39:
This thread would be better served by people posting their personal top 3,5 or 10.
Everyone has different tastes.
I know Unreal, Portal, Half Life and BioShock would be in my list (screw limiting it to a certain time period.)

Going by games I played trough the most my list would be something like (in no particular order)
Borderlands 2
Quantum break
The witcher 3
Rage
Crysis 2
Diablo 3
Doom 2016
Mass effect 2

Honorable mentions to World of warcraft, factorio dragon age origins

25. Re: TIME's Top 10 Games of the 2010s Dec 21, 2019, 09:23 Pepe

Beamer wrote on Dec 21, 2019, 08:39:
Pepe wrote on Dec 21, 2019, 07:50:
afka Rossini wrote on Dec 20, 2019, 20:04:
Primalchrome wrote on Dec 20, 2019, 19:32:
I can get behind about half of those picks... Fortnite and LoZ:BotW probably shouldn't be on there, though...

I've never played it, but I've always had the impression Fortnite is the game that brought the Battle Royale genre to the masses.

Seems you forgot about Pubg which broke enough records on steam b4 there was even talk about fortnite.

Fortnite might be bigger now, but Pubs is what got the whole thing started.

Also that list should at least include Witcher 3

No one wrote songs about pubg, and no one stood on stage in an event unrelated to video games in a pubg jacket.

Pubg was a popular game. Fortnite is an international sensation.

That may be true, but Pubg did sell 60+ million copies to date and the mobile version has been downloaded over 300 million times which imo is a bit more then just "popular"

22. Re: TIME's Top 10 Games of the 2010s Dec 21, 2019, 07:50 Pepe

afka Rossini wrote on Dec 20, 2019, 20:04:
Primalchrome wrote on Dec 20, 2019, 19:32:
I can get behind about half of those picks... Fortnite and LoZ:BotW probably shouldn't be on there, though...

I've never played it, but I've always had the impression Fortnite is the game that brought the Battle Royale genre to the masses.

Seems you forgot about Pubg which broke enough records on steam b4 there was even talk about fortnite.

Fortnite might be bigger now, but Pubs is what got the whole thing started.

Also that list should at least include Witcher 3

News Comments > Respawn Making Another Star Wars Game?

4. Re: Respawn Making Another Star Wars Game? Dec 18, 2019, 09:48 Pepe

Maybe it's just for some DLC  

News Comments > Op Ed

16. Re: Op Ed Dec 13, 2019, 07:40 Pepe

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 13, 2019, 00:14:
The Epic exclusivity bribes have been constantly pitched by Tim Sweeney and his sycophants as giving developers the financial means to take the time with their games they need to make sure they ship in the best way possible because they won't be crunched to hit a deadline. That's supposed to be the primary benefit of this for consumers and even that isn't happening.

That is mostly so for future games they will make with the increased proceeds from current sales.

If we take metro exodus as an example, 2 weeks b4 release they announce EGS exclusivity, you realy thing that in those 2 weeks they are going to get the game to a better state?

All those exclusives are games that have been in developpement for years and are unlikely to change much, it's all for future releases if the money gets to the developpers to be used for that.

News Comments > Op Ed

2. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2019, 19:44 Pepe

The 18% is exclusively for the shareholders unless the developpers self publish. And even then it is to be seen if it will be used to advance the company or the boss.  

News Comments > etc.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2019, 13:22 Pepe

It's pretty easy to get top 10 without running into any other players and then get 1 shotted by some veteran player. Also lag sometimes makes it so that your hit's don't reegister, was a huge problem for me in the first 6 months Apex legends also.

And ofc Pubg has or had a lot of cheaters.

I was never a huge fan of the game but I prefered it over fortnite because I lasted longer, the only BR I still play is apex legends.

News Comments > Diablo IV Item Changes

2. Re: Diablo IV Item Changes Dec 4, 2019, 13:10 Pepe

Blizzard listens and then does the opposite of what people ask, usually anyways.  

News Comments > Get Rayman Legends for Free

3. Re: Get Rayman Legends for Free Nov 30, 2019, 20:16 Pepe

Grabbed it even though I already have it on my switch.  

News Comments > Arkane Vets Form WolfEye Studios

4. Re: Arkane Vets Form WolfEye Studios Nov 21, 2019, 07:28 Pepe

MoonSpook wrote on Nov 21, 2019, 05:14:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 20, 2019, 22:28:
...and the more recent Wolfenstein entries.

Wait, what? That was MachineGames..

They worked together with Arkane for the latest one, Youngblood. Might also explain why it is rather crappy compared to the other entries in the series.

News Comments > EA Plans Outlined

4. Re: EA Plans Outlined Oct 30, 2019, 14:05 Pepe

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 13:52:
Verno wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 12:53:
Seriously though that's all good news. They are actually backing off the annual release schedule for some of these things and letting the teams take the time they need. For now. Who knows what happens if the quarterlies are bad next year.

Nah. They are only doing this because of the next gen console releases towards the end of next year. They are taking their time because they don't want to release their cash cows on "old" gen anymore. Timing is everything now. That's all there is to it.

Yeah, why would you want to get double sales on a game like rockstar did with GTAV or Sony with The last of us.

News Comments > Flurry of Blizzard Departures

11. Re: Flurry of Blizzard Departures Oct 29, 2019, 16:02 Pepe

HoSpanky wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 13:06:
Primalchrome wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 11:34:
Darks wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 10:57:
Blizz was a great company up until they sold out to Activision,
I think they went from being an artistic gaming company to a purely corporate enterprise when they merged with Vivendi a few years before. Almost every single title and expansion they have developed from that point forward felt like a bland cash grab aimed at the lowest common denominator. Nix that....I had my dates wrong. It was 2008 when they merged with Activision. They already had SCII and BC pretty fleshed out....but from that point forward... ugh.

I'd agree with that, aside from the WoW Legion expansion. Holy shit, it was so good, it felt like Blizzard maybe was coming back. Also, HOTS is pretty fun, but clearly their surprisingly generous F2P setup doesn't generate the money their Activision overlords want.

Having 2 teams work on the same game does not seem to work out very well for blizzard in regards to wow expansions.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 VR Released

2. Re: Borderlands 2 VR Released Oct 22, 2019, 22:22 Pepe

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 21:24:
Getting destroyed in Steam Reviews

Not surprisingly most of the haters have the valve index which is not in the supported devices list so yeah.

News Comments > The Division 2 Free Weekend

2. Re: The Division 2 Free Weekend Oct 17, 2019, 21:29 Pepe

seems they Deployed a small patch, game was working fine for me  

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Delayed

10. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Delayed Oct 16, 2019, 21:36 Pepe

Kxmode wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 20:55:
You all sound very salty. Vampires like sodium in their diet.

They better not release in the summer then or they going to have to go at it with the mosquito's for my blood.

News Comments > Fortnite Apocalypse

12. Re: Fortnite Apocalypse Oct 14, 2019, 16:20 Pepe

not like blizzard did something similar when classic beta ended 15+ years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNBG-YxaSF4

News Comments > More on PC Red Dead Redemption 2

5. Re: More on PC Red Dead Redemption 2 Oct 9, 2019, 21:36 Pepe

Cram wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 20:12:
HDR Support

Are there any actual 1440p/4k 144hz+ gaming monitors out there that do HDR properly? From my limited research, HDR 400 and 600 certification is bogus. Several articles/sources appear to say HDR1000 is the true minimum for HDR. They don't seem to really exist out in the wild. At least not readily available, or also not some 60inch monstrosity with many other problems of its own.

There are a couple decent ones, but due to some technical limitations they have some issues that may or may not be a reason to avoid them.

Mostly to do with not enough bandwith for using it in all it's glory; you would need to run it at lower refresh rates (ie 98 or 120) or drop chroma subsampeling to 4.2.2 (for the 4K ones that is)

They are also pretty pricy (around 1500$ atm down from 2.2k-2.3K at launch).

Afaik there are no 1440p 144hz HDR monitors currently

News Comments > Best Games of the Century List

5. Re: Best Games of the Century List Sep 19, 2019, 12:36 Pepe

Half or more of the games on that list don't deserve to be on it, heck even half the top 10 should not be on that list.

Shows what they know about gaming, nada

127 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >