Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Laurent Holsters

Real Name Laurent Holsters   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pepe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 75677229
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 23, 2001, 21:39
Total Comments 18 (Suspect)
User ID 11122

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Demo
2. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Demo Nov 22, 2017, 21:19 Pepe

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 20:04:
Just FYI, Steam awards are not only for new games. Anything in the entire store can be nominated.

I nominated fallout 3 in the best 3rd game in a series category

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
2. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Nov 20, 2017, 16:26 Pepe

Kxmode wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 15:24:
STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II landing #3 is pretty significant.

From what I read their sales are down 61% from the previous one 2 years ago.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Nov 15, 2017, 12:25 Pepe

Eccentric wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 10:27:
Anyone else get a BitcoinMiner exploit blocked (hopefully) by your AV when you go to the SW:BF2 gameplay article?

I did not, I did see my fps in wow drop to almost single digits when I went on that site and got the hell out.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Specs
27. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Specs Nov 10, 2017, 21:28 Pepe

Kxmode wrote on Nov 10, 2017, 17:01:
Read up on the differences between DDR3 and DDR4. DDR4 is great for server farms or large-scale computer architectures where voltage savings is important, but it's not really critical for home use. DDR4's MT/s starts at DDR3's fastest speed (2133). However, the article noted that the increased speed means an increase in lag. As noted in the article, "DDR3-1600 operated at a latency of CL11, which took 13.75 nanoseconds to initiate a read. DDR4-2133 sits at CL15 and performed a read at 14.06 nanoseconds—only a 2% increase." So it looks like DDR4 has benefits but it would be overkill for my needs. Coupled that with RAM being expensive, I think I'll stick with DDR3.

Feel free to correct or update anything I'm missing. Not opposed to DDR4, it simply doesn't look like it's for me and my budget.

I'll try to be more clear, every new processor since skylake (i 3-5-7 6*** series) and up use DDR4 not 3 you can not physically insert a DDR3 memory module in a DDR4 slot without breaking the motherboard.

The motherboard you chose also states it requires DDR 4.

19. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Specs Nov 9, 2017, 19:37 Pepe

Kxmode wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 19:12:
Pepe wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 16:47:
You may want to buy DDR4 RAM.

Is there a noticeable difference between DDR3 and DDR4? Is there a particular MHz you recommend?

yes there is, for starters it is not compatible with each other, also there is a difference in voltages iirc.

For intel it does not make huge differences, but the sweet spot is usually considered around the 3.000 Mhz mark lower timings are also better.

RAM is pretty expensive atm so keep that in mind.

News Comments > EA to Acquire Respawn
6. Re: EA to Acquire Respawn Nov 9, 2017, 19:31 Pepe

Aren't these some of the guys that built the COD franchise and were booted from activision?

If so you would think they would not fall in the same trap again, then again maybe they need the money to stay afloat, I thought titanfall 2 was pretty decent, but not sure sales reflect this, 1 sold pretty bad, that I know.

16. Re: Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Specs Nov 9, 2017, 16:47 Pepe

Kxmode wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 15:11:
Well phooey. When my system doesn't meet the minimum reqs, I guess it's time to update. This is one game I really want to play.

Kingston Technology HyperX FURY Black 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB)1600MHz DDR3L Desktop Memory HX316LC10FBK2/16
EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GAMING, 4GB GDDR5, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) Graphics Card 04G-P4-6251-KR
Intel BX80677I77700 7th Gen Core Desktop Processors & Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler Bundle
GIGABYTE GA-H110M-M.2 LGA1151 Intel H110 M.2 HDMI Micro ATX DDR4 Motherboard

Is that good? Trying to stay under $700.

You may want to buy DDR4 RAM.

1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Specs Nov 9, 2017, 10:26 Pepe

looks legit, those AMD CPU's have what? 40% less IPC then sandy bridge era CPU's yet, are still recommended over those, yeah right.  

News Comments > Steam Win10 Usage Dips; Win7 Surges
7. Re: Steam Win10 Usage Dips; Win7 Surges Nov 6, 2017, 12:40 Pepe

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 11:43:
Nobody talking about the other interesting shifts?

AMD lost major market share in both GPU and CPU statistics. In GPU's Nvidia now dominates with 81% (May 2016 56%) for a massive gain of 25% and in CPU Intel dominates with 90% (May 2016 78%)

This means Nvidia and Intel dominate in China. And this would explain why analysts already dig the grave for AMD.... Steam is a pretty strong indicator on what is where with gaming on PC. And 80% GPU market share for Nvidia and 90% CPU market share for Intel is kinda scary

Given that AMD sells more GPU's to miners then gamers that should not be surprising, AMD cards are overpriced due to demand and hard to find.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 12 Details
4. Re: Diablo III Season 12 Details Oct 31, 2017, 23:22 Pepe

Medvanis wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 22:38:
This. I would gladly pay for meaningful new content. I ran greater rifts with friends for several months; it was fun at first but then just got to be boring. The game needs new chapters, expansions, quests, stories, characters, loot, something!

aka_STEVE wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 14:34:
enough Seasons already.....

Can you guys make a real expansion / story/ map areas / etc.... or just move on to another game

They did add 2 new zones with the necromancer update, but some more/better random generated content might be nice.

News Comments > Steam Sale Dates Leaked?
5. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 20, 2017, 20:43 Pepe

Saboth wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 20:12:
MEH! Why oh why did people have to ruin the system? Steam sales used to be so exciting. Now it's like you are paying the normal price when a game is on sale, and the rest of the year you are paying the marked up price. I'd rather have flash deals again and not be able to get refunds.

I wonder why people keep saying this, makes no sense, basically the old "sale" was not realy a sale, just a waiting game to see if you could find the game you wanted at the "special" temporary lower price, now it's the whole time of the sale at that price.

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Launch Trailer
2. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Launch Trailer Oct 17, 2017, 21:18 Pepe

Someone let those guys make the next duke nukem game.  

News Comments > The Orange Box Turns 10
1. Re: The Orange Box Turns 10 Oct 10, 2017, 21:06 Pepe

maybe they can outsource it to gearbox, iirc they did some expac for hl1.  

News Comments > Fallout Turning 20: Get a Free Copy
12. Re: Fallout Turning 20: Get a Free Copy Sep 30, 2017, 16:57 Pepe

free is always good  

News Comments > SoF2 Scheduling
12. extra info on subject Jan 23, 2002, 17:00 Pepe

I don't mean to say that the info is true or not, but if I'm not mistaken, the person who works at Jimtv (frank) is a former employee of Activision, and prolly does have some sources there. Witch does not mean I believe him, and that you should.

just for your information.

News Comments > On RtCW Patch Installation
5. patch Jan 14, 2002, 20:29 Pepe

I feel that since they can make an installer wich lets you choose the dir you want, their patches should be able to find the game dir, and install fine.

News Comments > Serious Sam Update
15. Re: serious price Sep 24, 2001, 08:47 Pepe

I blame nobody but the publisher for the pricing, but if they manage to sell it in the US for 20$ they should do the same over here period.

Pepe

News Comments > Serious Sam Update
8. serious price Sep 23, 2001, 17:46 Pepe

I like the fact that they sell the game for 20 us$, but I for one do not live in the US, and i got to pay about 2.000 Bfr (= 45us$) so I won't be getting it.

I think this is outrageous that an european country needs to pay more for a european game than citizens of the US.

Pepe

18 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo