Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On September 11, 2001
Supporter -
Total Comments 1487 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky DirectX 10 Trailer

88. Re: Piracy again Apr 22, 2008, 09:10 Shataan

"There is no justification for piracy its stealing plain and simple."

You`d be amazed at how many Laws there are = loopholes to allow Big Business to get away with Piracy. I don`t know what kinda la la land many seem to think they are living in, but the realities of life are pretty far off the ideals many seem to cling to.

I myself am no piracy advocate. But I know how life really works. Our ideals are nice to strive for, but...... pretty far off the reality mark. :p

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Delta Force: Angel Falls Tease

13. what we really need! Mar 21, 2008, 19:35 Shataan

.... is a Delta Force 2 Total Remake! Use the Unreal 3 engine, and use an updated Voxel engine for the grass. Every other engine AFTER the Voxel has proven time and time again that nothing can handle grass for visuals cover at all distances. Infact, Nova grass these days is a joke.

We need to see ACOG scopes player adjustable again ala DF 2 for the Rifleman Class, and Snipers whose abilities are not hamstrung. Totally horrible what Nova did to the Snipers in Joint Flops.

DF 2 Remake..... wind effected bullet trajectories, and ACOG/Sniper scope PLAYER ajustable bullet drop. And bring back the Voxel Engine for the grass. Unreal 3 engine visuals. Done.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation

2. Wip3out HD? Mar 16, 2008, 13:19 Shataan

AWESOME! I can`t wait! Hopefully we see more blasts from the past redone as is, but new engines.

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 13:20.

News Comments > Call of Duty 4 Patch

26. sp Nov 22, 2007, 09:51 Shataan

Spwise, this game was awesome at Normal difficulty level. Immersive, your team actually didn`t need babysitting. It was awesome. However, as soon as you up the level of hardness, the sp started to fail imho.

Your A.I. team mates became useless and ineffective. And the enemy A.I. could land a grenade at your feet no matter wtf you were. And the enemy A.I. really felt like they were ALL shooting at you. As in, their focus was mostly on you the player as apposed to the rest of your team.

It just got less and less fun to play the sp as the hardness level was raised. To me, it just got really cheap feeling as far as how they balanced the next 2 hardness levels = Hardened, and Vet. Too bad, cause I thought Normal was brilliant balancewise. Aaaah well.

Co op mode allowing at least 3 player co op, and larger in the field sniper maps`d have been a cool addition. I hate total urban fodder.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers

8. Re: Huh? Nov 7, 2007, 10:00 Shataan

I truly don`t know wtf they bother to make new drivers, accept for game fixes. I too used to hang out at Guru3D for years waiting for new drivers. That was back in the day when they actually delivered drivers that did infact add better performance.

Still using the 97.92s here. Tried every driver since the 97.92s. None added even a teeny bit of actual performance over the 97.92s. What the new drivers DO do, is to screw up the old control panel, and force the new CP abortion.

I can play every edge pushing demo on my 8800 GTX using the 97.92s no problemo. It would shock the crap outta me if nVidias driver dudes actually released drivers that made me sit up and take notice.

Mind you, they did back when game devs released games. With 6 or less AAA PC games released a year now IF that, not much motivation for them I guess.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 10:01.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Gears of War

40. on Crack are we? Nov 7, 2007, 09:50 Shataan

"it can compete graphically with crysis."

I have GoW on 360. And the PC demo of Crysis craps all over Gears from great heights. Personally Gears was a wasted effort imho. Ok for console kiddies in that it was created on and for the consoles. But wasted on PC. Cause, alot MORE could have been done had it been done for PC in the 1st place. Now all ya got is a..... port.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 09:51.

News Comments > Turok To Rock PCs

11. Re: Yay for PC Nov 2, 2007, 16:57 Shataan

"Joseph Turok, a former black ops commando, now part of an elite special forces squad, known as Whiskey Company, which is on a mission to take down a war criminal – Turok’s former mentor, Roland Kane."

Who writes this crap? lol I suppose for peeps to be interested in Turok THESE days, he can no longer be the boring N American Native dOOd, he has to be Joseph, a Spec Ops lEEt soldier? I hate it when devs scroow with the origins that way.

Anyways, Turok on the old N64 was teh bomb. Altho the jumping puzzles blew monkies. lol I hope the engine/visuals are at least Unreal 3 quality. And as well i hope the right turok FEEL is there.

News Comments > Crysis DX9 Demo Tweak

51. Re: No subject Oct 29, 2007, 19:43 Shataan

Yeah, I have an 8800 GTX. The tweaks made a very noticable visuals enhancement difference. I dunno if the 7 series support the effects that the 8 series does.

News Comments > Crysis DX9 Demo Tweak

44. Re: No subject Oct 29, 2007, 18:00 Shataan

just tried the tweaks. And I am very impressed with the nice viuals the tweak offered up. Silly that they didn`t just allow us to use the Very High setting in the demo. Nope, no reason yet to upgrade to Vista imho.

News Comments > Gold - Crysis

44. well.... Oct 29, 2007, 17:58 Shataan

After playing and loving Far Cry inspite of the goofy monster design and horrid voice acting.... I knew Crysis was gonna be a buy. Altho, I was pretty worried after watching the beta vids showing what appeared to me.... as mp gameplay with builtin cheats.

The demo showed me how tactical the gameplay can be. Just tried the tweaks thing on the demo. WTF they didn`t just allow this to be an option in the demo is beyond me. My system was very playable at the VERY High settings.

I`ll be getting this game asap. Hopefully the netcode is better at release than FCs was.

News Comments > "Tribes-like Shooter" Coming?

26. I loved Tribes Oct 25, 2007, 17:10 Shataan

I loved the TIME when Tribes 1 appeared. Why? Cause those were the days where peeps didn`t whine about teamplay. Devs just made a game that was fun. And we the players could just play that game the way WE wanted.

No forced Class reliance. You could pick whatever Class you liked, ya went ingame and did battle. We teamed up NATURALLY. We could see peeps on our team needed help, so we helped. No forced hand holding.

By golly those were the days. If I had my way? I`d love to see a complete retro redo of Tribes 1. Gameplay INTACT. But a new engine ala the Unreal 3 engine. Same game exactly, new engine visuals. Be sad as hell if we ever saw a Tribes reapear, and some dumbass dev team decided to impliment BF type crap forced Class gameplay attributes.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament III Specs

56. ya know.... Oct 5, 2007, 01:34 Shataan

what`s really nice bout games like a UT or Tribes 1 or Quake etc? No FORCED gameplay modes. You can play how ya like. The devs didn`t care to be bent over by a bunch of whiny kiddies mad cause *sniffle* "we wanna win so fuxoring bad, EVERYONE must be forced to play the game OUR way=1 way".

These UTlike types of games are relaxed, and fun. And quick. None of this force Class reliance squad made to hold hands B/S.

Hey? If peeps dig that kinda game, all the power to em. I played Tons of BF 2 myself. But say by golly sometimes I wanna pop in real quick to a server and have.... some fast furious fun. Screw the skill b/s. Let`s just fun frag a bit.

I like UT for that. And the not surpassed yet Tribes 1. And ya really gotta wonder about the so called skill involved in gaming. Take BFs cointoss ballistics systems as a fine example. Seemingly gone are the days when you could actually win an encounter by getting 1st blood. lol Altho, in a game like UT and Quake etc, you still DO get a kill for that.

In BF 2, I remember MANY peeps complaining that they shot 1st, got the hit, yet they got killed in the encounter= cointoss ballistics. Aaaah well.

News Comments > UT3 Collector's Edition Details

23. well... Sep 23, 2007, 19:41 Shataan

A game like UT is worth waiting for. Unlike a certain other console to PC port talked of, of late. I got tons of funs from UT, it was worth the price of admission.PC gaming imho has gone steadilly downhill since the days of HG 2, Tribes, the list goes on.

A new UT is prolly the only game I am looking forward to... next to Gear Boxes supposedly being dev`d Aliens/Marines Unreal 3 engine game. And we prolly won`t see that till what? 2010?

They wanna release a Collectors Tin, all the power to em. Hope we see at least a demo some time soon tho.

News Comments > Sunday Q&As

2. what a load.... Sep 23, 2007, 17:48 Shataan

They kept it a 360 release, so they could sucker peeps into buying that version. Altho, they`d have to completely redesign that pos console game FOR PC, for me to even look at it.

Since when was the push for great visuals, an open excuse for game devs to de evolve gaming? Aaaah well.

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 17:49.

News Comments > New ForceWare Beta Drivers

27. lol, Sep 21, 2007, 21:25 Shataan

I used to always be on the lookout for the newest drivers. But, nothing after the 97.92s offered any visuals or performance enhancements. So, I still use the 97.92s on both my 8800 GTXs.

News Comments > NVIDIA ForceWare Beta Drivers

9. Oh I get it.... Sep 17, 2007, 17:51 Shataan

improved compatibility for games not yet released. Makes sense.

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 17:52.

News Comments > Crysis Beta Info - Updated

20. Far Cry.... Sep 13, 2007, 09:26 Shataan

still to date the game that came outta nowhere, that delivered more actual GAME than anything I had played up till that time and till now.

A Crysis co op mode would be cool tho. At least 2 player co op-ability of the campaigne. Anything is possible, they justa gotta say... "hey? Maybe the players would like a limited co op?". Then just build it.

Yup. We sure as hell would. ;0)

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 09:27.

News Comments > Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Demo Released

80. totally agree.... Sep 11, 2007, 09:30 Shataan

"I sometimes think forcing teamplay is not always a good thing. Build a game so it can allow for great team play for competition play or whatever, but offer individual freedom to pursue your own method to attack or defend."

Have the features built in for Clanners to have their day. But as well allow for peeps to just go in and play. Like Tribes.... say by Golly. Or UT.

QWs demo looks like..... BF 2. A bad rip of it. Never thought I`d see Quakes devs jump onto the "me too" bandwagon. Have to add that I like to team up and play co ordinated style, but I don`t like forced teamplay. Great for the whiners, not so great for peeps who don`t wanna win at all costs..... and who as well just wanna have a good time.

Imho BFs gameplay was the kiss of death for fun gaming. If UT ever adopts that style of forced teamplay, I prolly won`t play that again.

News Comments > Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Demo Released

71. we need the ..... Sep 10, 2007, 22:43 Shataan

Crysis demo. Or Tribes 1 remade with the Unreal 3 engine. Or.....

News Comments > ETQW Preview, Movie

17. Re: No subject Sep 9, 2007, 23:25 Shataan

Gotta say, it looks pretty dated.

1487 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >