Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2001, 16:09
Total Comments 1487 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Trailers

5. lol Sep 24, 2008, 18:53 Shataan

"80 hours of walking around a mostly barren environment shooting at AI soldiers that don't appear to be all that intelligent.

Is that all there is to this game?"

Don`t forget the crouching. LOTS of crouching.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Delta Force: Angel Falls Details

32. meh... Sep 21, 2008, 00:26 Shataan

" was a big fan of the first game since it had such huge open environments where I could snipe dudes from massive distances. The 2nd game was in the same vein but not as good and then it kinda went downhill from there. "

These are words nearly every DF 1 and DF 2 vet/player has been saying for years. It wasn`t just the ability to shoot at huge distances and have the voxel grass as visuals cover... it was the fact that shooting in DF 2 felt more like skill than just point n click.

You could manually set your sniper/ACOG scopes bullet drop. The voxel grass actually worked. I and many would rather have a tad unsightly grass visuals that worked, over awesome grass visuals that don`t at long distances.

It still amazes me that the voxel engine still wipes the floor with just about every engine Nova has released ever since. Not to mention, back in the day when ya wanted to Quake, ya bought Quake, and played that.

If ya wanted the thinking mans mil combat game, you immediately thought of either R6 1, or Delta Force 1/2. Ya can`t say that anymore. The last thing that would come to mind is a Nova game. Oh how times have changed.

The best thing Nova could do is rerelease Delta Force 2, but with a real engine. Something like Far Cries would be nice.

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 13:00.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Interview, MP Modes Detailed, Still No Demo

11. Re: No subject Sep 20, 2008, 11:48 Shataan

well, demo or not, there is still no prone ability. When I 1st heard of what this game was gonna offer as far as mp went, the 1st thing I thought of? This would be a great way to have some decent Delta Force 2like milcombat multiplayer again.

You know... after the sp game is over. Huge open terrains, a plethora of milcombat type weaps. But then the ol "we don` neeed no steenking prone ability" yadda yadda from the Devs comes out in interviews.

Killed it all dead for me. They look like they got everything AND the kitchen sink in this game. But.... for things not to bother to put in, they put prone movement ability on that list????? It boggles the senses. And I am pretty dissed, but wtf can ya do?

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin Trailer

9. Re: No subject Sep 12, 2008, 18:06 Shataan

For me, the hilites of F.E.A.R. was the visuals of the fire effects, the slow mo of course, and the A.I. and the enemy character design was nice. The rest blew chunks. Especially the dead wet girl. lolol

Hopefully in PHEAR Too! the enviros will be more visually interesting than brick walls, stairs, more walls n stairs, ducts etc etc etc. And oh yeah, some actual to God outdoor areas.

News Comments > Far Cry 2: Lose A Buddy, Lose Content

31. Re: Could be good Sep 6, 2008, 10:45 Shataan

while blind faith is always nice, that maybe this idea could rock. It is just as plausible this idea could end up blowing chunks. As always, hope for the best plan for the worst.

I am sure we have all heard the ol.. "gee wiz this idea is great yadda yadda" before. The proof is always in the playing.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 US Date

16. Re: No subject Sep 5, 2008, 20:14 Shataan

oh I dunno. Let`s say, remove the ability to lean next. And maybe run. We don`t need to run right? lol How bout jump. We don`t need that either. Hell, how bout asscam now, cause, we don`t need to see from the characters 1st pov either.

The list doth go on and on.

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 20:15.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 US Date

13. Re: No subject Sep 5, 2008, 20:08 Shataan

Can I trade all the crap wooden box stuff etc for the ability to go prone?

News Comments > Far Cry 2 in "Only Two Months"

53. Re: That's news? Aug 19, 2008, 21:57 Shataan

I WAS gonna buy this game. Till I heard it has no prone ability. I have bought other games in the past where the devs decided a movement wasn`t important and 86`d it. etc etc etc. And I hated feeling so damn hamstrung, and it pull me right outta my immersion zone.

Aaaah well, maybe FC 3?

News Comments > ArmA II Next Year

14. Re: No subject Aug 18, 2008, 17:03 Shataan

I loved Flashpoint. But I overdosed on it as well. At 1st it was really hard to micromanage my squad, but I ended up using M$ Gamevoice to control them by voice command. Made for ALOT less button mashing.

ARMA, tho the engines way nicer etc etc etc, I just wasn`t that interested in Micromanaging A.I. team mates anymore.

What I would love tho is this exact kinda open scale mil combat game, where I don`t have to manage if I choose not to. Just be a soldier, and have the ability to switch to another A.I. player and control them if I want.

Otherwise, I`d just like to be part of the squad, and just experience the campaignes that way. I enjoy that kinda thing alot more.

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 17:05.

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers & UT3 PhysX Pack

12. Re: No subject Aug 12, 2008, 18:48 Shataan

egads. I cannot believe how totally crap looking the Warmonger vids are. As for physX, I am reminded of Red factions destructable stuff. And it was a buzz catch phrase back then. Every thing is good in moderation, but I think gameplay on the whole will go to crap if a balance is not reached..... with the physX thing in games.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Dreamhack 2008 Trailer

1. huh.... Aug 10, 2008, 12:45 Shataan

I am still wondering why I wasted a d/l on this 1. Too heavy on Dream Haxors, too light on FC 2.

News Comments > New Battlezone II Beta Patch

6. Re: No subject Aug 5, 2008, 19:56 Shataan

Heavy Gear 1 was awesome. Heavy Gear 2s pc demo release was simply amazing. HG 2 at release however got royally fooked over by Activision. I know, cause I got onto the Shadow Guard HG 2 beta team near the assend before release.

Activision literally took the fantastic PC mp demo release, rebalanced the awesome pilotableness of the Gears and made em too freakin heavy. Thx to Kage and the rest of the dev team for that. Not!

I still hope we see a Heavy Gear III tho. Seein as how Micro$oft doesn`t feel the need to release any new Mechwarrior offerings, I`ll take an Unreal 3 engined or better HG any day.

BZ 2 was an awesome game btw. The visuals were sweet as they come at the time. Damn near photorealistic.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising Trailer

11. I loved Flashpoint.... Aug 4, 2008, 19:40 Shataan

But squad controlling every teeny aspect eventually wore on me. I even went as far as using M$ GameVoice to control my squadies to make it all easier. That really helped.

ARMA was better visually and all, but again, micromanaging a squad just is not all that interesting to me. I will still get FP 2 tho. It`d be nice to just be able to play that scale of in the field milcombat experience, as just a soldier.

I remember 1 mission in FP that I absolutely loved. You come over a hill, and engage the enemy down towards the bottom. And you just control yourself. The battle was EPIC feeling. I truly got off on that.

It is awesome that a dev or 2 still exists that has the ballz to do these kinds of games.

News Comments > On id's Cancelled Game

79. Re: ... Aug 3, 2008, 21:38 Shataan

"I cannot remember even a single character from Doom 3, not even the name of the character you play. "

hmmm I don`t need to know or even care to know a name. That helps me immerse into my character better. It is easier to be ME, than to imagine I am some game writers character.

I don`t even need some drawn out boring story. All I need is a world to be immersed into, and some missions. Never ever understood why game devs and playas get so wrapped up in that stuff. They pay big money to game writers, and their stories are usually what? Badly done rips of movie ideas, that I don`t care about anyways. lol

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 21:40.

News Comments > On id's Cancelled Game

75. well.... Aug 3, 2008, 17:09 Shataan

I was never a DOOM fan from way back. Had never played any of the early DOOMs. But, I gotta say DOOM 3 was 1 I had to try. The game made me dread to keep playing it. But I eventually completed it. And it rocked for me accept for 2 things.

1: it was totally LAMER how ID had the flashlight balanced, or in this case unbalanced. Everything in the future is .... futuristic, accept for flashlight batteries? lol
2: I prefer more freedom of movement. And more wide open spaces.

Otherwise, DOOM 3 was great.

News Comments > Call of Duty 6 in 2009

4. We need a.... Aug 3, 2008, 02:36 Shataan

COD Nam!!!! I won`t go for a raygun COD. But it`d be cool if we got a Nam game. Pterodons Nam game tho pretty sweet, was too fugly for the eyes. MOV while it looked good, it played like ass.

A COD Nam`d be just what the doctor ordered. But please ditch the urban mp map crap. This is war, not Quake. ;p

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Interview

5. Re: No prone, WTF?!? Aug 3, 2008, 02:31 Shataan

there have been other games where devs decided that certain movement wasn`t in their oppinion... neccessary. Men of Valor for example. No ability to move while shooting. And no limited jump ability.

I was always trying to do either or. Ran into alot of stuff like low low ground debri ala bricks, or fallen trees.... that peeps got kacked just trying to manuever around. Hated that. Going to shoot and finding we can`t evade enemy fire cause, the devs decided being able to move while shooting.... was not necessary.

There have been other games where a natural movement ability was hampered in 1 form or another or just not implimented at all by the dev team. And they were all painful to play. I never got used to them. But if they wanna release it that way, all the power to em. I won`t be getting this 1 either.

Remember Halo PC? Bungie was determined that Halo PC was to be an asscam only game. No 1st person pov. Luckilly M$ did the right thing and released it with the 1st pov. Had it been asscam, I wouldn`t of bought it.

Stuff like this may seem trivial to some, but it is a deal breaker to many.

News Comments > Quake's Future Depends on Quake Live

11. Re: No subject Aug 1, 2008, 20:31 Shataan

say what ya will peeps, but I had tons of fun with Quake 3 Arena. It was a blast. Easy to get in and out of. There is still a need for Quake imho.

I sure could do with a Tribes 1 Remake as well. hehhhehhehhe

News Comments > Morning Q&As

3. Re: what? Jul 27, 2008, 23:14 Shataan

there are no more technical reasons to not allow prone than there is to allow ANY movement ability. What it is however is lazy code work. We might as well have asscam only then.

No ability to look up. The list goes on. How bout like Men Of Valor, no ability to move while shooting? We have had prone ability in so many games for years now, trying to use these excuses is just that.

I won`t be getting this 1. No biggy. But they sadly underestimate the importance of doing basic movement abilities. These things immerse me. And not having em annoys the literal crap outta me.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Movie

9. Re: Maybe it was your sound-card? Jul 27, 2008, 02:14 Shataan

The very 1st vids released of STALKER, showed a very different more pure 1st person shooter gameplay experience. WTF is the S.C.O.U.T.? WTF is the 2 legged mechlike personal walker? The list goes on. Those vids are what caught me. The final release tho?

The final release did not resemble the inital release vids.. it sure was a long ass wait for nothing.

1487 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >