Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2001, 16:09
Total Comments 1487 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > ArmA II Movie

10. Re: ArmA II Movie Nov 24, 2008, 18:38 Shataan

wtf is the hi res vid of this????

Anyways, ARMA didn`t excite.... like Flashpoint did. I am gonna see if FP II does it for me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > US Army Game Plans

5. Re: US Army Game Plans Nov 23, 2008, 16:43 Shataan

US Army Game = Bloatware.

What we really need is Delta Force 2, done with the Unreal 3 engine or even FC engine.

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 2008, 16:45.

News Comments > Gearbox Layoffs

15. Re: Gearbox Layoffs Nov 22, 2008, 21:45 Shataan

Ya know, it figures that the Dev Team making the only PC game I am even remotely interested in = Aliens Colonial Marines.... is having problems. Maybe Rebellion should have another go at the franchise.  

News Comments > GRIN Making Terminator Salvation

13. Riddick... Nov 21, 2008, 19:58 Shataan

would have been WAAYYYYY better had they used 1st pov, and had the Necromonger in there. Having it centered around Butcher Bay was.... uninspiring.

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2008, 19:58.

News Comments > GRIN Making Terminator Salvation

3. Re: GRIN Making Terminator Salvation Nov 20, 2008, 22:27 Shataan

Waiting forever for a Terminator 1st pov game done right for PC, and here comes what? Another azzcam game. Anyone remember Grins failed fastest racing game ever? I do. Complete suckage.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2008, 22:29.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin Movie

5. Re: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin Movie Nov 17, 2008, 17:29 Shataan

More crates, cement rooms, small enviros, building interiors? The only thing enjoyable for me in P.H.E.A.R.... was the A.I., the fire effects, and the Bullet Time stuff. Character design wasn`t bad either, but the enviros put me to sleep=boring. And no outdoor areas worth mentioning.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Fire Interview

10. well, Nov 7, 2008, 09:28 Shataan

I am sadly amazed that FC 2 so far is the 1st game in years to make me absolutely feel no interest in playing it. I loved FC incomparison. I hated FCs bad voice acting, and B movie grade monsters, but otherwise, it was interesting and drew me into wanting to continue on and play it to the end. FC 2? *snore*

I could care less about tech marvels etc, and beauty bladda yadda yadda. There IS no interesting game here for me. Tcchwise the dev team rocked here. But, I bought a game, not a tech demo. Well, actually, I think I bought a tech demo that should have been a game.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2008, 09:28.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Patched

55. good post ...Bhruic Nov 6, 2008, 09:00 Shataan

"Really? Personally I found it to be a game with an amazing amount of promise, but very little realized."

I totally agree.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - STCC & Far Cry 2

5. THIS.... is it? Oct 23, 2008, 01:32 Shataan

I must be missing something here. LOL For 1, mouse control blows. And 2, so far all I am doing is getting led around mouse to cheese by the nose like.

I gotta tellyas so far, Far Cry kicks this 1 as far as outta the gates excitement. Just being honest here. I prolly spent an hour ingame so far and it is pretty boring. Ya drive, shoot, get phone call etc etc etc. And the payback just doesn`t seem to be there.

I really hope that what I have experienced is not all that I have to look forward to further into the game. And at 1024x768x32, all visuals settings maxed, the game really looks bland. This is on an 8800 GTX 768, 2 gigs of DDR 2, and a 3 gig AMD dual core. FC and Crysis looked gorgous in comparison. Aaah well, ya rolls the dice ya takes yer chances.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 2

51. So.... Oct 21, 2008, 18:01 Shataan

how is this games visuals and A.I. compared to Far Cry? I am still on the fence on this 1. I really hope the visuals are loads better than I saw in the interactive movie on Far Cry 2s site. The rez looked really low.

Anyone try the mp out yet? How does it feel controlling your character? Thx.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 ATI Hotfix

8. Re: Far Cry 2 ATI Hotfix Oct 20, 2008, 18:39 Shataan

I just watched some gameplay footage form their site. Really honestly have to say at this point, it doesn`t look interesting to me. And from what I saw, Far Cry seems to look better. Maybe the footage was low rez???

As well, I thought we would see wide open areas. But it looked like you were driving thru all these walled in canyon areas. No doubt the game will sell units tho.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Info This Year

3. aaaah Oct 16, 2008, 23:09 Shataan

lame.

You should work for Randy. ;p

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint 2 Interview

5. Re: When it's ready Oct 16, 2008, 08:39 Shataan

I remember trying a bit of FP Resistance (I think that was what it was called). And the ground itself had undulating areas. Meaning if you had to go to ground in open areas, you could use these small natural feeling dips etc to hide from enemy fire. It worked. Flashpoint did not have that. FPs ground was pretty dead flat = no cover.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint 2 Interview

1. awesome.... Oct 15, 2008, 21:15 Shataan

Can`t wait to play this. I hope squad commanding is tons easier.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Info This Year

1. hahahahha Oct 15, 2008, 21:12 Shataan

"with a game like that, I think their strategy is correct. We wait until we're pretty much ready to go, and then go big with the communication. I think that's what their strategy is."

Comon Randy. You have got to have something better to say than that. Reminds me of the "Marketing Arts". Master Yu Confusedus say..... "Strategy with..... no strategy". LOL

News Comments > Far Cry 2 DRM Follow-up

102. It has to be... Oct 15, 2008, 18:08 Shataan

a console port. Made by console minded fops. lol WTF else would release a PC version with no prone ability? A console minded dev team maybe? This wouldn`t be the 1st time bad code/lazy code programmers did the console version 1st, then lazed out on the PC port.

News Comments > Free Full Spectrum Warrior

8. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2008, 18:08 Shataan

This game was asscam if I remember rightly. More than enough reason not to look at it.

News Comments > No PC Gears of War 2 Follow-up

47. Re: The Real Reason.. Oct 2, 2008, 19:50 Shataan

No loss.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Interview

2. Re: No subject Sep 30, 2008, 22:08 Shataan

Huge supposedly open sandbox sp game, but smaller maps for mp? I don`t like how they "tweaked" the weaps either. Just make em work as they do in the real world. Make em feel "right".... not quakey.

News Comments > On Gears of War 2, PCs, and Piracy

75. makes sense eh? Sep 30, 2008, 17:36 Shataan

""The PC right now is a fair amount different to what it was back in the day, with all the badly integrated video chips. Here's the problem right now; the person who is savvy enough to want to have a good PC to upgrade their video card, is a person who is savvy enough to know bit torrent to know all the elements so they can pirate software. Therefore, high-end videogames are suffering very much on the PC."

So, the fix is to not make any PC game versions, thus throw away all the revenue you COULD and would make in total from PC sales.... all because you are losing any kind of monies from piracy????

Piss away all possible legit PC sales???? Yeah ahuh. Makes perfect sense. You go show em. lol The last I heard when any product is planned, piracy/loss is figured into the equation.

If this is the new thinking, I am surprised we are seeing any PC games at all.

1487 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >