Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2001, 16:09
Total Comments 1487 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Delta Force Xtreme 2?

4. Re: Delta Force Xtreme 2? Feb 3, 2009, 22:18 Shataan

I am still holding out for Delta Force 2: Reloaded.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wanted Movie

2. Re: Wanted Movie Feb 1, 2009, 16:41 Shataan

Another azzcam only game.  

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Postmortem

17. Re: Far Cry 2 Postmortem Feb 1, 2009, 16:39 Shataan

I remember booting up Far Cry for the very 1st time. It drew me imediately into its` world. Expectations were high for FC 2. But Far Cry 2 was a VERY far cry from...... Far Cry.

Was FC 1 perfect? Close. The only thing it sucked at was in that they added badly done B Movie monsters and the terrible voice acting of the A.I... Otherwise it was an awesome virtual experience.

As for FC 2? FC 1 crapped on it from great heights. Nuff said.

News Comments > ARMA 2 Marines Movie

8. I`d like to say.... Jan 31, 2009, 17:31 Shataan

that I loved Flashpoint, and I played it to death. Was hoping I`d love ARMA just as much. Nope. A good looking game and all, but I don`t like babysitting A.I. Squadies anymore. I grew out of that. I`d love a Flashpoint 2, where I can be just 1 of the Squad guys.

My fav mod maps in FP, were the 1s where I went into battle just worrying bout myself, and helping my A.I. buds.

I do hope something like this will come along at some point.

News Comments > Delta Force 10th Anniversary Collection

2. Re: Delta Force 10th Anniversary Collection Jan 27, 2009, 17:28 Shataan

When Novalogic actually produces a real Delta Force along the lines of DF 2.... I`ll buy it. I want REAL DF again. I do not want DF does BF.

This comment was edited on Jan 27, 2009, 17:28.

News Comments > Predator: Heat of the Jungle Crysis Mod

2. Re: Predator: Heat of the Jungle Crysis Mod Jan 23, 2009, 08:20 Shataan

I`d rather see a Nam Mod.  

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 2 PC Demo Next Week

13. Re: F.E.A.R. 2 Demo Next Week Jan 16, 2009, 16:21 Shataan

I hope for some interesting enviroments this time. We have come a long way in gaming since the days of concrete hallways, ducts, boxes and games that take place all in 1 building.

I`d be happy with the same A.I., same fire effects, same Matrix bullet time controllable effects, and character design. Just fix what was lacking in F.E.A.R..

Hey Monolith? How about doing AVP 3 instead?????

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2009, 16:22.

News Comments > DOOM 4 Writer Revealed

49. Re: DOOM 4 Writer Revealed Jan 15, 2009, 17:06 Shataan

I have never been a DOOM phan. But, I did really like DOOM III.... accept for the asstastic flashlights and way overdone monster jumps out of dark corners thing. Oh, not to mention hardly any outdoor areas of size and small hallways. lol

But other than that, I really liked DOOM III.

I hope DOOM IV has the same feel..... with the above.... fixed.

This comment was edited on Jan 15, 2009, 17:07.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 2 Demo This Month

11. we have played it... Jan 11, 2009, 15:35 Shataan

we played F.E.A.R..

A return to small enviros, crates, all indoor in a concrete building. Wet Dead Girl rip et`al. lol

I still think F.E.A.R.s best features were, the fire effects visuals, the A.I., and A.I. character design, the Matrix Bullet Time effect player controllable. Done.

Mp was interesting for a bit, but not long. I gotta say that when Monolith did AVP 2, I wanted them as far away from a possible AVP 3 as they could get. But after seeing these few features I just layed out in F.E.A.R., I wouldn`t mind if they took another stab at it. We`d get a beter more realistic color pallete, better character design and A.I., cool bullet time effects and fire. Just what the new AVP 3 needs.

So far the NOLF series was their best stuff. Imho.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision

13. I can`t believe.... Jan 8, 2009, 18:26 Shataan

how the Game Industry turned its back pretty well on both force feedback AND 3D technology...... only to return years later = now, to sell gamers on buying obsolete technology.

I remember when the 3D stuff was coming out. That was a long time ago. Every thing seems to have moved on, but the 3D stuff is stuck in yesteryear. lol They would be better off to be working on PC monitors that can deliver the 3D look and feel..... imho.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines This Year

8. Re: Need a demo! Jan 7, 2009, 18:22 Shataan

Yup. A demo prolly won`t come any time soon. And, it`d be cool to see some honest to goodness ingame videos, mp beta footage. Ect etc etc. If this game sees a release, I hope they don`t pooch it. I can imagine some weird azz console gameplay attribute added that from the dev teams pov, they think it`ll change the way we play. But from my pov, I think will blow harder than Linda Lovelace on a good day.

Btw? 3 months ago it was confirmed Sega was gonna release some awesome big rollout info on this game. Well here we are and still nothing. Figures.

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2009, 18:23.

News Comments > TribesNext

39. I totally agree.... Jan 7, 2009, 09:15 Shataan

with Jerykks assesment. T1 was superb. Pure onfoot bliss. I don`t know of any Tribes 1 fans back in the day would not have just prefered a Tribes Remake with an updated visuals engine.....

A remake of Tribes 1... meaning the exact same game, but with better visuals. Not T2. And I am shocked that anyone would bother trying to do any mods to Tribes 2, or bring back T2 in any form.

I might add.... vehicles brought into ANY series infact, along with the moronic dev teams using play balancing to force players to use vehicles, has done more over the long haul to kill what made those games awesome in the 1st place, than to add in any positive way. We saw with Tribes 2. And we saw it with Novalogics Joint FLOPS.

When a game rocks hard.... ya don`t fix what ain`t broke. This is why games like Tribes 1.... and Df and DF 2 for example, are STILL remembered so fondly, and any games after them by the same devs.... blew monkies.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

13. Re: Patton :O Dec 23, 2008, 19:28 Shataan

the sad part is.... no one really cares about how corrupt our Governments are. Both Canada and the U.S.. At best? They`ll make a movie about it. Peeps `ll be intrigued and highly entertained.  

News Comments > Terminator Salvation Movie

4. well... Dec 16, 2008, 00:17 Shataan

let the azzcam gaming begin....  

News Comments > Used Games Hurt Game Quality?

72. ya wanna know the REAL issue here... dud Dec 9, 2008, 18:08 Shataan

"They'll think of any fucking excuse to pump out shitty games and then cry about sales"

this makes a great smokescreen for.... an industry who is all used up as far as ideas is concerned. The game industry is losing its creativity, or rather... they are fast running out of creativity.

Hence the shit games. Yet there are still peeps who feel PC gaming is on a high right now. Are not. And has not been for a few years imho. I miss when the Indy Devs were many. We used to get some really coolazz games.

Cool games, and lots of em. That is what tells me the PC gaming is awesome. Well, we do not have coolazz games and lots of em. What we do have is an industry out to squeeze every sheckle it can muster from the mediocrity they are pervading us with.

And you can bet they are not gonna blame themselves, oh no. It is you and I, the evil haxors, and the used game sellers. Ahuh. I bet they are hard at work not on cool games, but more on ways to end any kind of over the counter sales of games. They will make em all d/l content, and you`ll be lucky IF you can reuse your reg key more than 1nce.

The idea of making cool games, forward thinking interesting fun mindblowing virtual experiences? It is almost too hard to remember those kinda games. It has been way too long since I played any like that.

News Comments > Used Games Hurt Game Quality?

12. I agree Dec 8, 2008, 14:49 Shataan

Stop the whining. Ya gotta wonder what really is next eh? The greed and bottom line has been so focussed on, what we are gonna get more and more of, is crap game developement. The Dev community is seemingly constantly looking for ways to screw themselves over, cause in the end?

All their brainstorming is gonna come back and bite em in the azz. I guess after they have had enough of whining about the peeps who get their games by illegal d/l means, they now wanna go after LEGITIMATE buyers? Ya huh. Makes sense?

News Comments > The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena Movie

4. Re: The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena Movie Dec 3, 2008, 17:01 Shataan

I thought the 1st game was azz. *shrugs* Just being honest. They should have used Riddick against the Necromonger, in way cooler enviros. But having it all centered around Butcher Bay? Naaaah.

Gotta say tho that this new Riddick looks very interesting.... so far.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Patch Nears

18. Re: Far Cry 2 Patch Nears Dec 2, 2008, 20:08 Shataan

I never have used this comment before, but have to in this games sorry state....

is this the patch that makes the game fun? Does it add lean left/right? Prone ability??? I tellyas, they sure musta worked hard on this games teaser vids to have sucked so many of us in to thinking this was gonna be teh shiz. FC 1 craps on FC 2 from great heights.

News Comments > ArmA II Movie

18. the Perfect Flashpoint..... Nov 30, 2008, 18:42 Shataan

for me, would be to have the ability to NOT have to micromanage = babysit.... my Squadies. My fav mod missions were the 1s where I was just one of the Squad, or doing solo missions. Where all I had to do was help the platoon, or survive by myself..... and be immersed.

In Flashpoint 1, I ended up getting and using Micro$oft GameVoice so I could control my guys by voice command.... because of the absolute staggering amount of keypad controls used in that game. The GameVoice usage really did alot to get me back into the immersion and having fun, instead of doing all that keyboard contortionist stuff. lol

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2008, 18:48.

News Comments > ArmA II Movie

3. Re: ArmA II Movie Nov 29, 2008, 20:06 Shataan

Same here.  

1487 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >