Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2001, 16:09
Total Comments 1487 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > AvP Trailer, Details

30. Have faith.... May 21, 2009, 21:18 Shataan

in Rebellion. They created the awesome still fondly remembered Jaguar cartridge version, and the stellar (at the time) PC version. It is fitting they get to take a swing at AVP 3. And imho they will do it right. So far if the pics are any indication, they got the visuals feel nailed.

No anime` crap, and no candy colors. *thumbs up*

It should be interesting to see what they can do, with a real next gen engine.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Terminator Salvation Recalled

16. Re: PC Terminator Salvation Recalled May 20, 2009, 18:10 Shataan

No loss dudes. This has console written all over it. ;p

This comment was edited on May 20, 2009, 18:10.

News Comments > Terminator Salvation Ships, Install Problems

9. Re: Terminator Salvation Ships, Install Problems May 19, 2009, 22:18 Shataan

"I pray to the PC gods that one day, some day, that game will be remade on modern hardware."

By a dev team who has a proven track record for making awesome immersive 1st pov games. It never fails tho. The best licences are seemingly given to devs that can only muster up the 3rd pov. And the game itself?

If the Terminator theme music wasn`t playing as the background music in GRINs vids, I would not have thought the game was a Terminator game. ;p

News Comments > ARMA II Next Month

32. Re: ARMA II Next Month May 19, 2009, 18:24 Shataan

"OpFP was amazing but ArmA turned me off so bad - I feel like I paid for something I haven't got yet."

OFP was amazing, after they fixed the buggy vehicle control. ARMA I was cool, but did feel like it was missing something. I played FPs sp campaigne 3 times thru, and had all the cool mods for it ala Kegeteys hi rez skies, hi rez weaps, sound etc etc etc.

But I felt no compulsion to even complete ARMA at all. I really hope FP II and ARMA II both deliver. A big plus for me will be if the squad A.I. command structure is simplified. For both games.

News Comments > Terminator Salvation Machinima

1. Re: Terminator Salvation Machinima May 19, 2009, 08:44 Shataan

oh goody.... even MORE asscam Terminator games.  

News Comments > ARMA II Next Month

4. Re: ARMA II Next Month May 18, 2009, 13:54 Shataan

I hope it rocks. ARMA I did not grab me.  

News Comments > Call of Duty 7 In Production

41. Re: Call of Duty 7 In Production May 13, 2009, 18:42 Shataan

Is this 1 a Nam COD??? ;p  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Movie

47. COD 4s sp game.... May 12, 2009, 18:50 Shataan

had sweet visuals, awesome sound effects, and interesting missions. I loved the sp game. Mp tho? I just prefer bigger outdoor terrain maps. Less urban. If this new COD comes to PC, I will play it for its sp game. No doubt it will be as cool or cooler than COD 4s.

But the COD I WAIT for tho... is COD `Nam. I won`t give up hoping for a Nam COD. If any here have ever played Vietcong 1, they know why I want to see a COD Nam.

News Comments > EA Bonus Plan

11. Re: EA Bonus Plan May 12, 2009, 15:36 Shataan

by micromanage, I mean treat employees individually. Not everyones needs are the same. Imho long sstory short, more money does not equate to better or more production. But time will tell. It always does.  

News Comments > EA Bonus Plan

3. Re: EA Bonus Plan May 12, 2009, 13:48 Shataan

"People will work harder for your company when they have a stake in it. This gives them even more of an upside to see games succeed"

Throwing more money at employees or bonus promises does NOT inspire harder work. Bonuses are nice however after the job is well done. More money does however inspire complacency.

People either are self driven... or they not. The very best you could do is offer a decent comfortable inspired creativity work place... with a management team who are good people. The right management in and of itself can do wonders for team attitude. Most peeps in manage are usually not the 1s who SHOULD be there. They are usually the types who backstab and crawl over others to get in those positions. Sadly, power positions attract powerhungry corrupt types. Sad... but true.

You have to micromanage your workers. In a team of say, 24 peeps. You cannont manage them all the same. You gotta make sure everyone gels with each other. No backstabbing. Have a common goal. The list goes on. It is not easy to achieve the right team... in any field.

Just because they have qualifications, doesn`t mean they are driven, or team players.

Here is another example... a certain person I know is the President of 1 of Canadas, largest screen printing firms. His Sales Team wasn`t producing the numbers they really should be. So he figured... like many do it seems, that if he paid them a larger salary plus their commisions for sales, this would inspire them to produce more.

Sales totals dropped substantially. Why? It is pretty obvious. Why work harder, when you are.... complacent???? But like many out there, this person I know is under the horribly misguided impression that throwing more money at your employees, produces positive results.

Ya really want positive results???? Find a good HeadHunter. Not someone who is a yes man/woman etc. Pay THEM to help you get the Right Teamplayers in your camp. Peeps who are creative, and self driven. Pay them decent wages with bonus/incentive possibilities for work well done. Let them BE creative. Let go the reigns. Let em run. And treat them decently. Put a Manager over them that can inspire them to better things.

Above all make sure they are there for the right reasons. They BELIEVE in your product/vision/goals. There are MANY peeps out there who will say and do anything just to get in the door. And after that? They just clock time.

It is always a safe bet to have a trial period to see if they gel. 3 months. If it is a good marriage? Awesome. If not, next.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Movie

38. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Movie May 11, 2009, 21:25 Shataan

I am more a fan of ARMA/Flashpoint. Huge open worlds to play in. However I did like COD 2, and COD 4s sp game. The mp in these 2 games is what lost me. Teeny little maps. I hope this new CODs sp is immersive/fun. I will prolly not dig its mp tho.

For that kinda freedom, ARMA II and FP 2 is where it will be at for me.

FarCry had just enough freedom to feel not onrails imho. It was an island. Duh. So it felt natural/right. Had it been a seemingly open world and had fenced areas marked in red ala BF.... THEN it would have suffered for me.

Flashpoint 2 sure is looking juicy eh? They have a REALLY sweet visuals engine this time. Awesome. Looks like it will be very immersive.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Movie, Delay

8. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Movie, Delay May 7, 2009, 21:01 Shataan

What`s with the square looking scopes? I saw these in the ARMA II Footage as well. I`ll be using the ACOGs.

This comment was edited on May 7, 2009, 21:02.

News Comments > Terminator Salvation Movie

1. Re: Terminator Salvation Movie May 7, 2009, 01:33 Shataan

Meh. If it weren`t for the Terminator music theme playing in the background of the 1st vid I saw of this game, I wouldn`t have guessed it was a Terminator game. Word of advice GRIN???? Stick to racing games.  

News Comments > TF2 Sniper Update

3. Re: TF2 Sniper Update May 5, 2009, 20:47 Shataan

It is really sad that games have the Sniper Class, and then cause whiners do not wanna use any sort of terrain masking, the Snipers get nerfed by the Dev Team. Why include Sniper Classes at all??? Novalogic nerfed the Sniper Class, and other devs are either doing it or considering it, cause of the whiners.

Ya can`t quake with Snipers obviously. So? Nerf em. Damn good thing that we still have a few good Rifleman games in ARMA II, and Flashpoint 2.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Crysis Maximum Edition

11. hah! May 5, 2009, 19:56 Shataan

I`d rather have a "FarCry Maximum" actually. Crysis failed.  

News Comments > TribesNext Update

5. Re: TribesNext Update May 5, 2009, 19:28 Shataan

Why Tribes 2? I wanna see Tribes 1, the Original, exactly as it was, with a new visuals engine. I hated T2.  

News Comments > Delta Force Xtreme 2 Beta

25. Re: Delta Farce Xtreme Too Beta May 2, 2009, 17:48 Shataan

Voxels may have been fugly... but they worked. Voxel grass that worked for visuals cover at any distance. Still to be unequaled by any Nova engine released since.  

News Comments > ARMA II Movie Follow-up

12. Re: ARMA II Movie Follow-up May 2, 2009, 09:57 Shataan

I used Microsofts GameVoice with Flashpoint 1. I was using GV to control my squad in Mechwarrior, and decided to try it in FP. Say by golly, it worked.

I don`t have GV anymore tho. I am considering getting Track IR 5 for ARMA II, and Flashpoint II. That should be interesting for immersion.

Defintely a simpler onscreen command mode is in order as well.

News Comments > Delta Force Xtreme 2 Beta

1. Re: Delta Farce Xtreme Too Beta May 1, 2009, 20:50 Shataan

"QUAKE… Until there are No nOObys! Take control of Delta Farce, Novas most secretive, highly KIDDIEFIED unit. Use lamer tactics and equally lamer weaponry to take the DM to the nOObs against overwhelming odds.

Delta Farce Extreme Too Download Features
• Engage a ruthless nOObtUb3r in 2 full campaigns of single-player and co-op action.
• Join up to 150 milQuakers in a simultaneous multiplayer nOObtUb3rfest across 40 all-new maps on NovaWorld.
• Pick the perfect fight with level adjusted game servers hosting 5 different multiplayer game types.
• Fight furious CQB `tUb3r battles on maps built for vehicular QUAKERfests while you coordinate your infantry with armored tanks, helicopters and boats for epic kiddiefests over vast battlefields.
• Rally your squad like never before on the all-new NovaWorld Community with customizable personal pages and squad pages featuring custom in-game emblems.

:you played it in BHD, you played it in JO and JOE, you played it yet again in DFX 1!!!!!!! Now buy it all over again.... and play it all over again.... in DFX Too!"

This comment was edited on May 1, 2009, 20:51.

News Comments > ARMA II Movie Follow-up

8. Re: ARMA II Movie Follow-up May 1, 2009, 18:52 Shataan

I hope the key command structure is better, more intuitive, easier.  

1487 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >