Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2001, 16:09
Total Comments 1487 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > ARMA II Specs

2. Re: ARMA II Specs Jun 25, 2009, 20:30 Shataan

Well, I got all the right recommended specs. Will have the demo soon to try it. Hopefully it runs good.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ARMA II Demo Nears

26. Re: ARMA II Demo Nears Jun 23, 2009, 21:00 Shataan

release the demo already!!!!! I wanna see how my rig runs it. And how it feels.  

News Comments > ARMA II Demo Nears

24. Re: ARMA II Demo Nears Jun 23, 2009, 09:09 Shataan

"It's just more immersive with a large open area."

I agree. Tho some peeps just wanna quake. They don`t wanna have to look far for the enemy. I absolutely love large immersive open freedom of movement enviros. I remember 1 particular sp mission in Flashpoint where we were flew in to the BZ in Blackhawks, and a battle on the ground was being fought heavilly.

It was amazing! An amazing onfoot mil combat mission. Ya just can`t get that kinda feel from anything BUT a game like a FP or ARMA. Imho we are pretty lucky that we have an ARMA II and FP 2 coming. I think my brain`d melt if all I had to play was a COD/BF game. lol

News Comments > MechDuels Launches

21. Re: hmmm... Jun 10, 2009, 08:56 Shataan

"Ehm, why? Because you'd like it to be so?"

Not that`d you`d care, but whatever.... I know there is a huge mech based community waiting years now for a new Mechwarrior. Would I personally like a new mech game? You bet your azz I would. And I am far from alone in this respect.

Mechwarrior 3 imho was THE best incockpit mech piloting experience ever. Pity tho that the terrain engine itself sucked ball. I`d love to see a new actual next gen Mech game with that kinda incockpit experience, but a real engine this time that could do terrains and the mechs themselves justice.

Anyone remember Heavy Gear 2? That was another 1 I`d love to have seen get a remake. Are Mech games kiddie mainstream games? Nope. Thank Goodness for that. But, the community of Mech game players is huge none the less. I`d pay 100 bucks for a Mech game done right. 60 to 75% Sim, 25 to 30% Quaker.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2009, 08:57.

News Comments > MechDuels Launches

9. hmmm... Jun 9, 2009, 23:36 Shataan

"i'd really like a new Pc mech game"

there is a HUGE mech community sitting in fuxoring limbo for years now. Engines are out there could deliver an amazing piloting experience. The only peeps who don`t seem to get it.... are the devs.

If a new Mechwarrior arrived, it`d sell outragously high numbers, if done right.

News Comments > E3 2009 PC Wrap-up

36. yup Jun 8, 2009, 18:12 Shataan

"AvP3....Rebellion....nuff said..."

I had been hoping Rebellion would get another crack at doing a real Next Gen AVP. And it was very cool to find out they are doing AVP 3. They did the Original console and PC versions. And did amazing jobs of both considering the lack of processing power/resources etc.

So far this AVP looks amazing. Looking forward to more vids, previews, and ultimately, the demo.

This comment was edited on Jun 8, 2009, 18:12.

News Comments > German Violent Game Ban?

14. Re: German Violent Game Ban? Jun 6, 2009, 18:34 Shataan

"I think there is a national guilt thing going, particularly with older generations, who are ashamed of the Nazis."

Ya think????

Very soon any last remaining actual Nazi members from ww2, are going to be dead of old age... but sadly.... SADLY.... the German people are gonna have to wear the shame of their ancestors for like..... ever.

There is justice for you eh? If I was German, I`d be extremely pizzed off about this fact. Oh Gods, we gotta keep a muzzle on every German from here on out, wouldn`t want them to get into any old bad habits. Yup... ahuh.

This comment was edited on Jun 6, 2009, 18:35.

News Comments > ARMA II Flash Game

10. Re: ARMA II Flash Game Jun 5, 2009, 19:22 Shataan

"if you're a milsim nut this game is a wet dream"

Question. How is the squad command layout? Is it at all streamlined compared to either ARMA 1, or Flashpoint? Minimal keyboard mashing? Thx.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Announced

57. Re: Crysis 2 Announced Jun 1, 2009, 18:13 Shataan

Crysis didn`t grab me at all. Why? Cause they built the game with builtin cheats. Super speed, strengh etc etc etc. I know some peeps dig that kinda thing, but for me, FarCry is still to yet to be eclipsed. And this coming from someone who totally hated the bad B movie voice acting and craptastic kiddiefied monsters.

You can keep your nanosuits, I`ll stick with plain old khakis and M4.

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 2009, 18:13.

News Comments > ARMA II Interview

28. Re: ARMA II Interview May 31, 2009, 01:17 Shataan

a demo right about now would be nice.  

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Video

7. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Video May 29, 2009, 18:07 Shataan

I think the visuals are fine in the E3 vid. Can`t wait for both ARMA II, and FP 2.  

News Comments > GRIN Layoff Rumor

5. Re: GRIN Layoff Rumor May 27, 2009, 23:02 Shataan

I totally agree with you... DangerDog. Wtf is it always the good franchises that get scooped by Devs who have no freaking clue how to do justice to said franchise???? And they always.... always make it an asscam game. Boggles the senses.

This comment was edited on May 27, 2009, 23:03.

News Comments > Wolfenstein in August

2. Re: Wolfenstein in August May 27, 2009, 23:00 Shataan

looks pretty dated. imho But if same ol same ol sells?  

News Comments > Morning Previews

11. oh... it works... May 27, 2009, 17:36 Shataan

"Shataan, BF1942 has deeper keyboard menus and such and it worked"

Flashpoint worked too. The command structure was so button crazy, I had to use M$ GameVoice to command my guys. Squady babysitting is bad enough with out the horrendous amount of key mashing.

I`ll be getting both ARMA II and Flashpoint II. But I ain`t looking forward to Squad commanding. If they`d add a mode where I can step into any soldier I want and complete the campaigne that way, as just a soldier, no commanding, I`d be into that just for the sake of immersion.

Looking very much forward to the sp co op missions done by the community. And the mods.

News Comments > Morning Previews

1. this blows if true.... May 27, 2009, 09:22 Shataan

"Jim: There’s going to be a steep curve. I was ordering around troops and instantly getting lost in the command menus.

Alec: At the briefing, they had signs showing three separate sets of keyboard controls - each of which involved most of the keyboard."

They have GOT make the squad command structure EASIER. Like some kind of overlay. Anything is better than umpteen amounts of keyboard mashing.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Delta Force Xtreme 2

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Delta Force Xtreme 2 May 27, 2009, 01:02 Shataan

Sorta looks that way.  

News Comments > Previews

9. Re: Previews May 26, 2009, 08:28 Shataan

Highly highly doubtful either FP II or ARMA II will go the BF arcade route. The huge community following would have a field day if that ever happened.

And I`d expect both games to have bugs. The sheer scope of what these games offer incomparison to just about anything out there.... it`d be a miracle to not see bugs at release.

I do hope we get a way easier squad command structure. Easier commands, less keyboard mashing to do it. And A.I. who don`t need to be constantly babysat. The 1 thing I totally love (amongst many) about ARMA, and Flashpoint, is that they not just CS Quakers tarted up to just look like milcombat sims. They ARE milcombat sims. Players have the freedom to approach the game how THEY want to. No encouraged(forced) gameplay. No doofyass choke points to run to. The list goes on.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Trailer

16. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Trailer May 25, 2009, 18:07 Shataan

This for the sp part of the game will be cool. But for milcombat mp fun, I`ll stick with ARMA II/FP II.  

News Comments > Gold - Delta Force: Xtreme 2

8. Re: Gold - Delta Force: Xtreme 2 May 22, 2009, 20:27 Shataan

LOL Novas dev team members are stuck in a Time Warp. Their games have de evolved since after DF 2.

This comment was edited on May 22, 2009, 20:28.

News Comments > Delta Force: Xtreme 2 Demo - Updated

15. Yup May 22, 2009, 20:19 Shataan

"Voxels were awesome. The first Delta Force was great for its time."

And so was Delta Force 2. Wind effected bullet trajectories, voxel grass that worked for visuals cover at any distance, player adjustable ACOG scopes.

I think the reason Nova games lack these features now is 1, they are too busy playing and ripping ideas from BF, 2, the real code monkies left Nova for better pay.

Stick with games like ARMA II and Flashpoint II. Your eyes and brain will thank you for it.

1487 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >