Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2001, 16:09
Total Comments 1487 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > OpFlashpoint: Dragon Rising Interview, Movie

10. why do I get the feeling.... Aug 11, 2009, 19:36 Shataan

that this game is gonna be FlashCOD. Flashpoint does COD more or less.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ARMA II Patch

12. Re: ARMA II Patch Aug 6, 2009, 09:26 Shataan

I`m on Steam, and d/led a small 125 meg file last night. Dunno why I got away with not having the 4 gig d/l. Musta got lucky.

There seems to be better performance. Still alot of bugs to fix tho. Prolly be a few months till the next patch.

News Comments > Wolfenstein Leaked

15. Re: Wolfenstein Leaked Aug 5, 2009, 21:03 Shataan

Well, from the vids I saw of this, no loss. It looks exactly like Wolfenstein 1 anyways. As for if the game sucks no one will buy it? Gamers are so starved for reg releases, anything and everything sells these days.

Maybe if gamers were a tad more picky bout what they will pay for, Devs`d be forced to release better quality product.

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 2009, 21:04.

News Comments > ARMA II Patch

2. Re: ARMA II Patch Aug 5, 2009, 20:51 Shataan

hmmmm no listed performance enhancement fixes yet???  

News Comments > AvP in February 2010

4. Re: AvP in February 2010 Aug 4, 2009, 20:15 Shataan

As long as Rebellion doesn`t go trying to reinvent gaming or something by adding something stupid. Like they did in the 1st AVP pc release. The inimitical Xenoborg. Anyone remember that screwup?

Otherwise, the AVP PC sp game was awesome. It is only when dev teams think they just gotta reinvent the wheel, that is when it goes to sheeeite. As long as Preds being able to jump straight up to fairly high places like a grasshopper is the only nefariousness, we should be ok.

News Comments > AvP in February 2010

1. chant with me!!! Aug 4, 2009, 18:33 Shataan

De-mo.....de-mo.....de-mo! lol  

News Comments > Aliens vs Predator Movie

3. finally.... Jul 29, 2009, 16:57 Shataan

a WORTHY vid showing the kind of AVP I WANNA play.  

News Comments > ARMA II Diary Movies

5. Re: ARMA II Diary Movies Jul 26, 2009, 17:29 Shataan

I love ARMA 2 as well. But there are bugs and they are not overrated. The tutorial missions, squad control,sp mission scripts.... once these areas are fixed, I will prolly be in heaven. hehhhehhe

The main bugs are performance related (graphics and A.I. imho. And for anyone to expect a game with this much code to be tight at release, you`d have to have rocks for brains.

I hosted some mp maps with quite a few A.I., maxed out vis settings, no AA/AF. And the game looked amazing, and no hiccups performancewise. Gameplay was FAST. The A.I. was sweet to play against.

Once BIS can wrestle the kind of performance we get in mp, into the sp campaigne, alot of minds are gonna swing into positive gear!

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 2009, 17:29.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising in October

15. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising in October Jul 17, 2009, 16:50 Shataan

I agree that ARMA 2 is pretty buggy atm. But, it FEELS right. It feels like milcombat. It looks right. FP 2? Looking at the vids I was more reminded of Rainbow 6. Definately will try the demo tho.

I loved FP 1. Played the sp campaigne 3 times. Had the hi rez weaps, skies, and sounds. FP 1 was real milcombat in the looks/feel department. FP 2 atm does not grab me. But the demo will be more telling.

News Comments > Aliens vs. Predator Interview

1. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Interview Jul 16, 2009, 09:24 Shataan

pretty lamer ... erm... interview. Mova along. Nothing to see here.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Movie

50. suspension of disbelief...... Jul 10, 2009, 20:26 Shataan

I wanna be immersed into thinking I am in the field piloting a Mech. That means the enviro has to suck me in. The sounds, the Mech visuals and weaps effects, incockpit views.... the motions I go thru to pilot...the way Mechs move.. the list goes on.

Of course it is not realistic. But, it has to FEEL right. MW 3 did it right back in the day. It wouldn`t be too hard to achieve this with todays pc power.

News Comments > Op Ed

1. Re: Op Ed Jul 10, 2009, 10:13 Shataan

"On retail shelves, less and less space is allocated to PC titles"

This has been like this for a few years now. But amazingly, peeps still think PC gaming is alive and well. lol As to who killed it? My guess is the devs and or Publishers. It is certainly not the crackhead gamer base. If the games are THERE, they will get bought.... if they are cool. Heck, even pure crap sells.

Of course both Devs and Publishers will point the finger deftly away from themselves, and complain that it was the pirates who did it. Aaaah what a tangled web they weave.... eh? ;p

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2009, 10:14.

News Comments > MechWarrior Movie

5. Re: MechWarrior Movie Jul 9, 2009, 20:47 Shataan

I sure hope it is not all urban.  

News Comments > New MechWarrior

26. agreed! Jul 9, 2009, 13:52 Shataan

"The thing I loved so much about the Mechwarrior games, and Mech3 in particular, was that they felt like sims first, action games second"

But the term SIM scares the crap outta most twitch players. Many mainstreamers equate the term "SIM" as meaning not fun. Those of us who use the term SIM, we use it to describe FEEL.... not minute detail realism. We just wanna FEEL like we are incockpit piloting a Mech. Mechwarrior 3 was THE only Mechwarrior game imho to put us IN the cockpit.

Mechwarrior 4 utterly failed at this, cause all we got was a HUD display, which basicly made ya feel you were quaking, as apposed to piloting a Mech.

I hope we get an incockpit view with this new Mechwarrior, and I hope there are enough motions we go thru in piloting, to make us FEEL like we are there piloting Mechs.

News Comments > Mechs Education

19. I know how ya feel dude Jul 7, 2009, 21:09 Shataan

"I've only played MW3, loved that game. I bought MW4 and played it for about 10 minutes, uninstalled it and gave it away."

I loved Mechwarrior 3 as well, but more for how it made you the player feel like you were in a Mech, piloting from in the cockpit, and the mechs were amazing visually and effectswise. The Mechwarrior 3 terrain engine.... well it suxored truth be told. But for the actual feel of piloting, Mechwarrior 3 has no equal.

Mechwarrior 4 I unaffectionally nicknamed it "Quakewarrior". And don`t get me started on... MechInsult.... erm I mean MechAssault.

I was big into Heavy Gear/ Heavy Gear 2 as well. Those were the days!!!!! I kicked a whole lotta azz in my Hunter back in the space/swamp map demo for HG 2. *sigh*

News Comments > Mechs Education

12. Re: Mechs Education Jul 7, 2009, 19:13 Shataan

I can`t believe some devs finally pulled their heads out of their azzes, and realized peeps STILL dig Mechwarrior games.  

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint.: Dragon Rising Movie

9. Re: Operation Flashpoint.: Dragon Rising Movie Jul 7, 2009, 16:26 Shataan

Kinda moves more like Rainbow 6ish, than milcombatish. At least from that footage, which is regurg footage. lol  

News Comments > ARMA II Everywhere

17. Re: ARMA II Everywhere Jun 29, 2009, 18:42 Shataan

The demo is not a good test imho. It ran decent for me with all Highest vis settings accept for no AA or AF. 1024x768x32. I have an 8800 GTX, 3 gig AMD dual core cpu, and 2 gigs of ram.

The Steam release tho REALLY runs nice for me.... again all vis settings as stated above. A seemingly good tweak is going into the control panel for the vid card and setting render frames ahead to 8, rather than the default 3. Seems to help alot.

Fyi, I am using the 180.48 Forceware drivers. I gotta say I love ARMA II so far. ARMA 1 didn`t grab me at all. I loved FP 1. ARMA 1 was just missing something. ARMA II tho? It seems to push the right buttons with me. *shrugs*

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 2009, 18:44.

News Comments > Aliens RPG Cancelled

15. I remember... Jun 27, 2009, 16:05 Shataan

"PC Gaming is alive and well"

.... a time when PC gaming WAS fine and alive and well. But that was years ago when craploads of AAA titles were on the shelves and cool interesting games were being regularly released by the Indy Devs.

Them days are over. All the Indys being swallowed up by the Big Boys. Of course all we have now is... awesome movie licences being snapped up by Devs who seem to only be able to churn out badly done asscam offerings. Me Too devs like Novalogic.... who can`t seem to get BF out of their minds, and can`t seem to get back to making real DF games again ala DF/DF2.

The list doth go on and on. Yup, PC gaming is awesome. Ahuh.

News Comments > ARMA II Specs

9. Re: ARMA II Specs Jun 25, 2009, 23:24 Shataan

Well, I always play at 1024x768x32. No AA or anistropic filtering. All Highest vis settings otherwise. Runs awesome for me with these settings. I like how tweakable movement is, ala adjusting the headbob movement. Very nice.

Movement in the 1st person feels pretty good. Love the crawl over command feature. I have the mouse settings both maxed. I like the sounds when you run/walk/sprint. Firing the weaps feels good so far. 9 mm seems a tad weak.

I like the terrain visuals.... well, all the visuals... so far. Tried the para tutorial... not sure if I like how that is setup so far. Ya start out in the 1st person when diving, once the shoot opened it reverts to 3rd pov asscam for some reason. I wanna stay in 1st pov thruout the jump.

The keyboard command thing seems a tad busy. I`ll keep playing with it, and see if I can get all the pertinent keys setup right for me.

I like this demo better than ARMA 1 tho.

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2009, 23:25.

1487 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >