Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2001, 16:09
Total Comments 1487 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Aliens vs. Predator to Use DirectX 11

3. Re: Aliens vs. Predator to Use DirectX 11 Oct 21, 2009, 20:12 Shataan

So, is there a DX 9/10 version as well? Has to be. DX 11 hardware is not even out yet, is it?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed

16. Re: Ghost Recon: Predator Title Revealed Oct 21, 2009, 17:53 Shataan

Didn`t you guys just get Ghost Recon Dragon Rising????  

News Comments > Aliens vs. Predator Trailer

20. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Oct 17, 2009, 11:52 Shataan

I liked Rebellions Original Jaguar version of AVP best. Yeah it is obviously wayyyyy outdated now, but it really captured the feel way back then. 2nd place comes Rebellions PC AVP.

I had been secretly hoping Rebellion would get the chance to redo AVP. So far this AVP looks overthetop.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

1. win 7.... Oct 15, 2009, 16:55 Shataan

I don`t give a rats ass about their power problems. All their dicking around with cores etc, had better not effect my gaming.  

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Patch Plans

9. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Patch Plans Oct 14, 2009, 20:13 Shataan

Hey??! Are you dissing the MOST realistic milcombat experience out there?

LOL I totally agree. Codies can make whatever game they want, but it blows how they used the good Flashpoint name to flog this game. If their game is a different game, and say by golly it couldn`t BE any more different from Flashpoint (complete opposite really), then it is only right their game deserves a different name.

Imagine how many peeps sucked in thinking their were getting something like Flashpoint.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC Plans

16. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC Plans Oct 13, 2009, 17:54 Shataan

Don`t really care that much about the game itself. Would like to try the demo tho. Just so I can see 1st hand how the Flashpoint name was brought so low. I really wish if devs are gonna make a different game, that they`d use a different name.

It is as bad as Novalogic calling their games Delta Force. There hasn`t been a real Delta Force game since DF 2.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

37. ahuh.... Oct 6, 2009, 17:57 Shataan

"the lack of a quick save feature of some description is a nightmare for all but the most accomplished of gamers."

rough translation

"the lack of a save feature is a nightmare for all but those who can withstand the mindnumbing experience of replay after replay etc etc etc.

LOL

Btw? The no save thing was horribley missed in FP 1. I well remember trying endlessly to cross a field loaded with A.I. patrols and tank patrols as well.

I remember finally completing that mission, and there was absolutely no joy in doing so. But there was a whole host of expletive deletives I used to describe how insane the mission ended up being.

I definately wanna try THIS Flashpoints demo, if only to make a close comparison to the Original Flashpoint.

News Comments > MechWarrior Movie Rumor

20. Re: MechWarrior Movie Rumor Sep 30, 2009, 18:26 Shataan

Anime` for a Mechwarrior?

Centuwian? Centuwian!!!! Frow him to the gwound..... woughly!!!!!! Anime`? Sacriledge!!

News Comments > MechWarrior Movie Rumor

17. Re: MechWarrior Movie Rumor Sep 30, 2009, 16:47 Shataan

Bring it!!! Anyone remember Robot Jox?? I`d love to see a well done Mech movie. Very happy we are finally gonna see a real next gen PC Mechwarrior too. Hopefully the wait won`t kill me.

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2009, 16:48.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Trailer

11. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Trailer Sep 21, 2009, 16:36 Shataan

I have yet to see a game yet.... where the devs decided certain movements were unimportant to the gameplay..... and no one missed those removed movement abilities.

Word has it the PC demo won`t arrive till sometime AFTER final release. I think the game will do well, cause it looks right up the COD/BF players alley. It looks to be more accessable to the mainstream player base out there.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising Trailer

15. Re: Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising Trailer Sep 17, 2009, 17:10 Shataan

I`ll try the pc demo. But I still think alot of the character animations look azz. Especailly the weap inhand waitstate and movement animations. WTF is the motion capture???

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2009, 17:10.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising Interview, Movie

2. Re: Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising Interview, Movie Aug 26, 2009, 16:43 Shataan

I`ll stick with ARMA 2 for now. Might try a FP 2 demo tho. I was hoping FOR the next FP. But from the vids, FP 2 ain`t it.  

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 2 DLC Interview

1. rough translation Aug 23, 2009, 12:17 Shataan

"This means new environments:

we created new cinder block hallways that are much more open and offer vertical elements such as more ladders. More highly textured ducts and scaffolding. More narrow corridors in buildings with even more empty half contstructed floors.

We are adding a few more sparse outdoor areas to cross to get back into the cement lined narrow hallways of the next awesome indoor enviroment. Once there you are in a for a real treat fellas! MORE crates and other sundry debri to experience in some more cleverly designed cinder block hallways and elevator shafts. As well we are throing in a few rooftop areas for fun n giggles."

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2009, 12:18.

News Comments > John Carmack on PhysX

34. well... Aug 22, 2009, 11:55 Shataan

The seeing of plants/trees etc waving in the wind dust particles etc etc etc, these are the things that immerse us deeper into the game world.

I think GPU is still the way to go.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2009, 11:57.

News Comments > Aliens Vs Predator Trailer

8. Re: Aliens Vs Predator Trailer Aug 20, 2009, 23:16 Shataan

yes, now we gotta see regurg trailer fodder. lol

"I'm still horrified by the dumb-as-fuck predator jumping mechanics they highlighted some time ago."

You too? ;p

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 2009, 23:16.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Gets Nanosuit 2

15. Cheatsuit Too? Aug 20, 2009, 18:03 Shataan

As nice as the game looked, I couldn`t stand the nonsuit. But I bet it is a great draw for cheatkiddies. A game with cheats builtin.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Wolfenstein

16. aaaaah Wolfenstein Too! Aug 18, 2009, 14:25 Shataan

If yer up for teh same ol same ol, this just might be your game.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein Layoffs

4. Re: Wolfenstein Layoffs Aug 18, 2009, 14:22 Shataan

I see stuff like this all the time. And on the flipside, the same companies doing the thinning out put up such awesome marketing ads looking for great teamplayer dev team members. Offering awesome working enviroments, great pay, the list goes on and on adinfinitum.

And then ya read

"have regrettably been forced to make adjustments to staff and headcounts"

I`d be willing to bet that the dev business is pretty cutthroat on ALL levels. From the top of the Management tier.... on down the line. But boyos they sure know how to drip honey all over their hiring ads. lol

News Comments > Steam ARMA II Patch

7. Re: Steam ARMA II Patch Aug 16, 2009, 12:47 Shataan

with the staggering amount of code in this game, I am surprised it is not way more bugridden than it is. No big deal tho, cause even if it was fairly bugfree at release, most peeps do not have the rigs to run this game maxed anyways.

And the only way to play ARMA 2 is maxed settings at rez` 1680x1050 and higher. ;0)

News Comments > Aliens vs. Predator Interview

5. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Interview Aug 12, 2009, 17:37 Shataan

I think both the interviewer AND Sega rep should commit Seppuku! Buckle up peeps. We are in for alot of these ....erm... interviews that really are not interviews. They are prolly more or less like Form Letters.  

1487 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >