Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2001, 16:09
Total Comments 1487 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Aliens vs Predator DLC Next Week

10. Re: Demo Jul 1, 2010, 09:43 Shataan

These days even tryin g a demo 1st seems to be no indication if you will like the game at all. All you get to see is some visuals and feel the control scheme.

What HAS been proven is that ya can`t even trust a game dev team or publisher to NOT scroow over their own franchise.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters

14. Re: Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters Jun 29, 2010, 08:51 Shataan

A Janes Longbow III would be nice. But I really doubt that Janes even exists anymore. Milk the name time I guess.

News Comments > ARMA 2 Patch

9. Re: ARMA 2 Patch Jun 25, 2010, 20:19 Shataan

Ya know what ARMA 2 really could have used? An interesting sp campaign. I hope Op Arrowheads sp campaign, such as it is, is a whole lot more engaging.  

News Comments > Medal of Honor Beta Status Report

5. Re: Medal of Honor Beta Status Report Jun 23, 2010, 15:28 Shataan

I gotta agree with DangerDog. For me it is very limited movementwise. No freedom. I can`t imagine playing the mp like this for any long period of time. But look at CounterStrike. Same thing there. Many peeps seem to like this kinda same old same old.... over and over and over adinfinitum.

Which is why if the final release is like what we are seeing here, then I`ll just stick to the sp campaign. BC 2 is alot like this in some ways, but it least it has larger maps that at least feel like you have some sense of freedom to change tactics up a bit. Aaaah well, kinda early to make any real judgements, but it ain`t looking good imho. Well not for those of us who like meat. But awesome for those who love Spam. ;p

News Comments > DICE "Still Investigating" PC BC2 Onslaught

22. Re: DICE Jun 23, 2010, 09:31 Shataan

The days of Devs actually making games that are as non restrictive as possible, are long over. If they can squeeze an extra dime outta something, they are gonna do it. If they control it, they can sell it.

All they gotta do is sucker the buyers long enough to get their dough. And then after that it is too late. Let the whining ensue. Remember the term... "falls on deaf ears"?

If this is what it is like now, wtf do ya think it is gonna be like 2+ years from now? But it doesn`t matter, cause games=crack these days. They got ya. They know they got ya. So bend over, cause this is only the beginning.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots

1. Re: Evening Screenshots Jun 21, 2010, 21:03 Shataan

I hope the sp game looks ALOT better.  

News Comments > MS Recommitted to PC Gaming (Again)?

8. Re: MS Recommitted to PC Gaming (Again)? Jun 21, 2010, 17:28 Shataan

Yup, bring back Mechwarrior, and Combat Flight Sim while you are at it. Deeds..... not words.  

News Comments > Medal of Honor Beta Client

21. Re: Medal of Honor Beta Client Jun 19, 2010, 15:18 Shataan

Getting to know this thing a tad better now. The iron sights views imho need to be enhanced slightly. Movement needs some tweaking to feel less floaty, more natural like. I wanna look down and see my body for example and hear footfalls on different surface types.

When you are on a larger wide open map, the iron sights view for me, well I can`t see for shit really anything in the far distances. lol Feels really "get luckyish" as far as making a hit.

So an ACOG scope attachment might be nice. Sniper rifles with aimpoints are ghey. Just putting that out there. I do like how you can use the terrain for cover to move up. Hopefully, objectives can be done and the takers rewarded, by not having the enemy constantly spamming airstrikes for example.

Open up the maps a tad so you are not forced to approach from only 1 direction. This way all the enemies incoming fire can`t be focussed so the last objective gets all the spam.

This has some hope. Needs ALOT of work to in the end to not feel cheap.

20. Re: Medal of Honor Beta Client Jun 18, 2010, 15:50 Shataan

Well, I got the pre order more for the content of the sp campaign. It looks really interesting in the vids so far. Not really into the mp the way it is being designed and played these days.  

4. Re: Medal of Honor Beta Client Jun 18, 2010, 00:00 Shataan

There is just not enough here to make that kinda judgement call. Hint. In the Beta, use the Desktop sound setting. It sounds a bit louder. And there seems to be no directional sound. All I can say for sure for me anyways, is that I will get very little play time in this. There is not much actual game here. Imho. Ymmv as always.  

2. Re: Medal of Honor Beta Client Jun 17, 2010, 23:37 Shataan

Yup, Kabul city ruins. The gameplay is pretty fast/quakey. Sounds are muted. Sniper rifles got a red dot scope. Iron sights for the other weaps.

On a plus tho, the weaps are nicely modeled. Beta is a good way to describe this.

News Comments > RAGE Trailers

3. Re: RAGE Trailers Jun 17, 2010, 11:14 Shataan

My kid is gonna love this. It is like a playable Mutant Chronicals.  

News Comments > Tron Evolution Trailer

5. Re: Tron Evolution Trailer Jun 16, 2010, 12:19 Shataan

3rd person = asscam. It`d be nice if they allowed a 1st person/3rd person player selectable view. It worked for Monoliths Tron.  

News Comments > Tron Evolution Trailer

1. Re: Tron Evolution Trailer Jun 16, 2010, 10:57 Shataan

Let me guess.... asscam right?  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer Remix

1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer Remix Jun 15, 2010, 00:25 Shataan

I`d love to see just some plain ol` gameplay vids. No gangsta rap music background crap. Just the real deal.  

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced

18. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 15, 2010, 00:12 Shataan

"BC2 is dwindling at a record pace. Same maps, over and over and over. "

The problem I have with the maps, is that they are way too micro tailored. And we play the same few maps so much over and over ad-infinitum, that everyone knows exactly where everyone else is gonna be. Makes random encounters and tactics null and void pretty well.

As for jungle warfare, I absoluetly loved that in Vietcong etc. I just hope in this Nam experience, I don`t have to wait for ever and a day just to get an M16. Just gimme the freaking weaps and let`s play.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced

9. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 14, 2010, 21:07 Shataan

Bout time we got a Nam game. But what about a sp campaign? 4 maps does blow tho. 6 to 8 would be better for sure.

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2010, 21:18.

News Comments > New MechWarrior: Living Legends

6. Re: New MechWarrior: Living Legends Jun 12, 2010, 18:13 Shataan

MANY peeps love Mechwarrior. With all the vid card power and cpu power we got these days, yet still no dev to be found with ballz enough to step into the Mech arena I guess. Sad tho. Tons of dough waiting to be spent. Guess no one wants to make money anymore.

We are still waiting for that Next Gen Mech Sim. *sigh*

News Comments > Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans

69. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 12, 2010, 13:43 Shataan

This game is asscam. No loss for the PC.  

News Comments > ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer

12. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Jun 11, 2010, 09:59 Shataan

Anyone here remember Delta Force 2? Remember how we could adjust our ACOGs and Sniper scopes for bullet drop??? Well apparently BIS has added this much waited for feature to ArrowHead. Definately can`t wait to try this out.  

1487 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >